Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » POLL ALERT: Labour has a ‘Corbyn problem’ and it’s not going a

12346»

Comments

• Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,951
    Hehe.

Lisa Nandy.

Come on Bobajob - she would be bested by May every Wednesday, and destroyed by a 2020 Tory election campaign.

If Balls came back, I suspect he is leader or nothing
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,951
    On Stella Creasy - she has had a very impressive HoC career. But I agree with Sam that she has a bit of the virtue signaller about her when on TV...
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Sandpit said:

Life would have been easier for the pilots if they'd had a serviceable weather radar too, if the pitot heat was switched on and if the captain didn't leave the two less experienced pilots at the controls as they went through the worst of the weather. Oh, and if one of the pilots had remembered that you recover from a stall by pushing forward, not pulling back. It was a complete clusterf... from start to finish.

I think the whole "push the controls forward to recover from a stall" principle is taught early in the first lesson of a PPL...
    Not quite the first lesson, but very early. I'm a just few lessons into a PPL at the moment, and my last lesson involved practising deliberate stalls and recoveries at a safe altitude. This is done so that if you should inadvertently stall the plane close to the ground (typically while lining up to land), you immediately recognise the situation and are able to recover quickly and instinctively.
    Have fun! I found it very relaxing - because you have to concentrate all the other stuff whirling round in your head is shoved to one side. The most exciting bit is "landing plane with engine failure"...
This discussion has been closed.