Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Betfair has Tories as 69% chance of taking Copeland – but reme

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256

No Sunil - Voting REMAIN was the epitome of common sense. One does not get better trading with one's biggest markets by telling them to get lost!

Its just possible that 52% of the public didn't consider the short term economy to be the most important thing in their lives, even considering the bullshit of the treasury report and punishment budget. Yelling at them that their actions don't make economic sense wont get you very far.
    I am not yelling at anyone. Just pointing out the obvious virtue signalling.

Personally I am happy to wait a few years and see if I am right. I hope that I am wrong and that Brexit transforms the UK into a golden paradise - 1957 mkII - but common sense says that the economy is the root of all else and mucking about with it is just stupid.

Yes - post Brexit we may well be in control of our destiny but if that destiny is to be an economic sinkhole then all the pride and self-control in the world will not put food on tables, treat the sick or house people.
  • Options
    Here is a video of the hustings at Whitehaven yesterday - you can all make up your own minds who is the best candidate to represent Copeland at Westminster. Much of it is tedious and I recommend using the fast forward button occasionally - of course I have to admit bias but personally I would recommend you do not miss the bits representing Rebecca Hanson. https://www.periscope.tv/w/1YpKkdrdPnjGj
  • Options
    AlsoIndigoAlsoIndigo Posts: 1,852

Yes - post Brexit we may well be in control of our destiny but if that destiny is to be an economic sinkhole then all the pride and self-control in the world will not put food on tables, treat the sick or house people.

The thing is telling voters that they are going to be engulfed with economic doom what will set them back to their standards of living somewhere around 2007 doesn't sound like Sodom & Gommorah to most people.

• Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,973
    edited February 2017

PlatoSaid said:

weejonnie said:

PlatoSaid said:

Joel B Pollack
    Beyond ridiculous. @CNN claims the mainstream media asks good questions at presidential pressers. Reminder: https://t.co/0PRssauoJl

Nice to know - the media blew a gasket when Trump wasn't asked about Flynn at his joint press conference with Trudeau.
    I could spend a working day pointing this out - but it changes few minds. Haters, hate.

Bill and Obama said exactly the same stuff about walls, immigration etc - it's all on YouTube - but the liberals can't cope with it and convince themselves it never happened.

Now it's all FASCIST HITLER NAZI.

Pathetic.
    What's that got to do with Trump being asked about Flynn?
    "Mr Flynn is said to have misled officials about his call with Russia's ambassador before his own appointment.
    It is illegal for private citizens to conduct US diplomacy."
    Surely that would be an expected and valid subject to question him on?

Post Waco some followers of Marshal Applewhite got themselves castrated before committing suicide so they could join a spaceship following Hale-Bopp. With their bodies purified they felt their souls could finally reach that level of consciousness......I'm happy to report some members of the Trump cult have finally elevated themselves to that level.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383

No Sunil - Voting REMAIN was the epitome of common sense. One does not get better trading with one's biggest markets by telling them to get lost!

Its just possible that 52% of the public didn't consider the short term economy to be the most important thing in their lives, even considering the bullshit of the treasury report and punishment budget. Yelling at them that their actions don't make economic sense wont get you very far.
    Quite. I've been very pleasantly surprised by post-Brexit economic data 6 months on.

I expected a bit of a hit - but it's not happened. Experts, pundits and intellectuals don't have much tarmac to ride on.

As someone noted - Remain had experts, just none about Brexit.
  • Options
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 1,112
    PlatoSaid said:

Quite. I've been very pleasantly surprised by post-Brexit economic data 6 months on.

I expected a bit of a hit - but it's not happened. Experts, pundits and intellectuals don't have much tarmac to ride on.

We haven't actually left yet of course.
  • Options
    This rather debunks some racial memes

Adorable Deplorable
    @PrisonPlanet Here is a chart every race obsessed leftist screaming about white supremacy in the USA should see: https://t.co/9viykmJHYp
  • Options
    midwinter said:

PlatoSaid said:

We were told it was going to happen after the referendum, or if you give a fast and loose interpretation, after A50. Are you expecting a large economic change at the end of March ? Its not like the markets don't know its going to happen.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Quite. I've been very pleasantly surprised by post-Brexit economic data 6 months on..

I think you mean the post-referendum economic data. The first preliminary post-Brexit economic data won't be available until the end of 2019.

What that will be like is entirely in the hands of the EU27 and the EU parliament. The UK has made it clear it doesn't want any significant economic disruption, so the ball is in their court. The omens are not good, it has to be said.
  • Options
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 1,112

midwinter said:

PlatoSaid said:

We were told it was going to happen after the referendum, or if you give a fast and loose interpretation, after A50. Are you expecting a large economic change at the end of March ? Its not like the markets don't know its going to happen.
    How can the markets possibly know whats going to happen before we know what trade deals are struck and so on?
  • Options
    Just had a thought about Trump.

Maybe he's a drunken master of political communication. Everybody thought he'd be a pushover, then he kicked the crap out of them and they were full of confusion. Now his more deranged opponents are getting drunk, thinking that's the way to beat him.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    midwinter said:

midwinter said:

PlatoSaid said:

How can the markets possibly know whats going to happen before we know what trade deals are struck and so on?
    At the end of march, when we enact A50, when Osborne said the world was going to end.
  • Options
    And he's on the offensive

Donald J Trump
    The real story here is why are there so many illegal leaks coming out of Washington? Will these leaks be happening as I deal on N.Korea etc?
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Experts, pundits and intellectuals don't have much tarmac to ride on.
    I order tarmac for a living.
    Can do them a good rate if they want to buy some more. :-)

• Options
    New thread.
  • Options

I am not yelling at anyone. Just pointing out the obvious virtue signalling.

Personally I am happy to wait a few years and see if I am right. I hope that I am wrong and that Brexit transforms the UK into a golden paradise - 1957 mkII -
    You do know the Treaty of Rome dates from 1957 - the EU is a 1950s throwback :)
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    edited February 2017
    test
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    edited February 2017
    test
This discussion has been closed.