Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » As the Labour Party’s private research is leaked, there appear

SystemSystem Posts: 11,689
edited February 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » As the Labour Party’s private research is leaked, there appears to be an inevitability about Corbyn departing before the general election

Blistering good story by @STJamesl. So BMG focus grouped, Rebecca Bailey-Long, Angela Raynor, and John McDonnell. https://t.co/n6Mf5eEwtr

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,973
    First :smiley:
  • Options
    On topic.. a third election in as many years?
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,946
    I can't wait to run Long Bailey past my mother - a useful first impresssions focus group. She will be laughing until St Paddy's day.

If she is the best hope Labour have, they're toast.
  • Options
    The most important quality that Labour needs in a leader right now is the ability to attract the experienced heavyweights and other people with talent back to the shadow cabinet. Pretty much all of the talent and experience is lurking on the back benches and unless that changes then Labour are staying out of the game. The first step on the road to government for any opposition party is to at least look as though you want to win.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,907
    edited February 2017
    If the answer is Rebecca Long-Bailey, then the wrong question is being asked. From the few media interviews available online, she makes her expenses-troughing predecessor in Salford look like an intellectual heavyweight.

Here is the Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury not having a clue about, well not having a clue about much at all really.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZbgrgByAgSQ
  • Options

The most important quality that Labour needs in a leader right now is the ability to attract the experienced heavyweights and other people with talent back to the shadow cabinet. Pretty much all of the talent and experience is lurking on the back benches and unless that changes then Labour are staying out of the game. The first step on the road to government for any opposition party is to at least look as though you want to win.

Welcome to PB!
  • Options
    Go Rebecca go!

I did note the other day that the leadership were coalescing around her. If she is the anointed one, her odds should be correspondingly short.
  • Options
    And as @RobD says, welcome @Torby_Fennel
  • Options
    tpfkartpfkar Posts: 1,548
    This feels part of a concerted push on Long-Bailey. Unless I'm missing something, I can't see why. She seems to lack gravitas, real insight and how could she unite the party or take the fight to the Tories? What has she achieved in her time in Westminster? A bit of a hatchet job on Angela Rayner as well, one of the few Corbynistas who has some real talent in my view and who at least believes that the opposition should oppose the government.

Must be utterly miserable to be a long-serving Labour member at the moment.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,008

Welcome from me. And ‘Like’ button pressed!
  • Options

Good first post, welcome to PB.
  • Options
    AlsoIndigoAlsoIndigo Posts: 1,852
    tpfkar said:

This feels part of a concerted push on Long-Bailey. Unless I'm missing something, I can't see why. She seems to lack gravitas, real insight and how could she unite the party or take the fight to the Tories? What has she achieved in her time in Westminster? A bit of a hatchet job on Angela Rayner as well, one of the few Corbynistas who has some real talent in my view and who at least believes that the opposition should oppose the government.

I can't see how she can be anything even slightly resembling the answer, with he inexperience and lack of insight and grasp of detail May will eat her for breakfast at PMQs and the like.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Go Rebecca go!

I did note the other day that the leadership were coalescing around her. If she is the anointed one, her odds should be correspondingly short.

She will be on the ballot, but not unopposed. It is far from certain that she would win the votes.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

If the answer is Rebecca Long-Bailey, then the wrong question is being asked. From the few media interviews available online, she makes her expenses-troughing predecessor in Salford look like an intellectual heavyweight.

Here is the Shadow Chief Secretary to the Treasury not having a clue about, well not having a clue about much at all really.

I've just tried to listen to the same YouTube interview and if Rebecca Long-Bailey really is the front runner to succeed Jeremy Corbyn then God help the Labour Party is all I can say.

In fact I only managed to get about one minute into her interview with Andrew Neil before being repulsed by her dreadful Salford accent, but as if that wasn't enough she has the ultra annoying HRT, or Upward Inflection at the end of every sentence. Add to that the awfully pronounced "haitch" as in HMRC and such non-words as "inachievable" in her very first response and I could bear it no longer and neither I suspect would a very large proportion of the UK electorate, or at least those living outside the Manchester conurbation.
    Generally, I have nothing against regional accents as such, many of which I positively favour, but her overall style of speech was way too much for me.
  • Options
    tpfkar said:

I can't see how she can be anything even slightly resembling the answer, with he inexperience and lack of insight and grasp of detail May will eat her for breakfast at PMQs and the like.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

I've just tried to listen to the same YouTube interview and if Rebecca Long-Bailey really is the front runner to succeed Jeremy Corbyn then God help the Labour Party is all I can say.

In fact I only managed to get about one minute into her interview with Andrew Neil before being repulsed by her dreadful Salford accent, but as if that wasn't enough she has the ultra annoying HRT, or Upward Inflection at the end of every sentence. Add to that the awfully pronounced "haitch" as in HMRC and such non-words as "inachievable" in her very first response and I could bear it no longer and neither I suspect would a very large proportion of the UK electorate, or at least those living outside the Manchester conurbation.
    Generally, I have nothing against regional accents as such, many of which I positively favour, but her overall style of speech was way too much for me.
    I did think reading @TSE's piece that a Manchester - based focus group would probably not notice or care about the Mancunian accent, but outside Manchester it would be a negative for her.

Not as much of a negative as turning up to an interview with Andrew Neil without having done your homework though, and on a set-piece day too, so it was hardly a surprise for her.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZbgrgByAgSQ

You might enjoy this.... http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-11642588
  • Options
    edited February 2017
  • Options
    Off topic, but this would never be on topic and is just too extraordinary to miss:

https://twitter.com/lettersofnote/status/816292960341991424
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,302

Off topic, but this would never be on topic and is just too extraordinary to miss:

https://twitter.com/lettersofnote/status/816292960341991424

Why not the double? Herbert Rowse Armstrong was hanged at Gloucester prison, and the site is still vacant. We could even include the Black Dog story. Throw in the urban planners of the 1950s who got away with murder, and we have a full set. Why should we not make Gloucester the world capital of crime?

I have just listened to RLB's interview. I was reminded of Owen Jones, or rather, a much less intelligent version of him.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    So were those three who were focus-grouped the only ones acceptable to Corbyn? Len McClusterfuckly? Momentum? Seems an extremely limited sub-set of MPs, even on the Left. Maybe other sessions have been held but haven't been leaked?

Any of those three would be the death rattle of the Labour Party.

As to "Walter Mitty"...what a pity.

There must still be a Labour Party that can coalesce around a non-bat-shit crazy option. Isn't there?
  • Options

twitter.com/lettersofnote/status/816292960341991424

LOL. Bit of a philistine as well.

Home of the Gloster Aircraft Company, designer and manufacture of the famous Gloster E28/39 (the first turbojet engined aircraft), Gloster Meteor (the only jet aircraft used by the RAF in WW2) and Gloster Gladiator biplane, as well as the Hawker Hurricane and Hawker Typhoon for their parent company Hawker Siddeley.

• Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,758

Go Rebecca go!

yeah but shes a woman and its Labour

no chance
  • Options

Go Rebecca go!

yeah but shes a woman and its Labour

no chance
    Nothing wrong with her accent. Might not go down too well in Liverpool, though!
  • Options
    Och aye tha noo, everyone.

Interesting match up in Paris.

I do wonder about this. Whilst we need a strong opposition, I would be curious to see how Corbyn would do at an election.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    Gloucester is, of course, mostly famous for being a mere 24 miles from my house. They should put a plaque up.
  • Options
    John_M said:

Gloucester is, of course, mostly famous for being a mere 24 miles from my house. They should put a plaque up.

It is also Alistair Cook's birthplace. And mine, of course.

And the place where the music for the National Anthem was written.

OK, maybe that last one is scraping the barrel a bit.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891

"A focus group conducted in Manchester last month found that voters think

Jeremy Corbyn is “boring”, appeared “fed up” and “looks like a scruffy school kid”"

The focus group......

http://images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/1/photos/305000/620x/grimsby-388614.jpg
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,758
    Roger said:

Jeremy Corbyn is “boring”, appeared “fed up” and “looks like a scruffy school kid”"

The focus group......

which part of Nice is that ?
  • Options
    Roger said:

The focus group......

Which part of that focus group quote do you thik is wrong?
  • Options
    The Labour leadership should not be spending Labour party money on projects designed to find a far left sucessor for Jeremy Corbyn.

• Options

Go Rebecca go!

She will be on the ballot, but not unopposed. It is far from certain that she would win the votes.

She would certainly be opposed. But there is absolutely no certainty she would be on the ballot. Unless the rules change - which is unlikely - the chances are she will not be on the ballot.

• Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,850
    ydoethur said:

John_M said:

And it has the tomb of Edward II.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Roger said:

The focus group......

Their vote is a good as anyone elses...
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Roger said:

The focus group......

Scruffy school child with a white beard? Don't come across too many of those, I must admit.

Or maybe they meant a proper kid - a farming college with goats?

Either way it seems very unfair - to schoolchildren and to goats.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

ydoethur said:

John_M said:

That's so badly advertised I had actually forgotten it, despite having sat with my back to it while singing Evensong (as a member of a guest choir).

Berkeley Castle gets all the dubious fame associated with that.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    I'm beginning to think a new boldness in being honest about what you really feel, is spreading

NYT
    21 percent of L.G.B.T. people are or lean Republican. What are they thinking? https://t.co/uFrw15deMB https://t.co/ojq7sUwzW4

New York Post
    I'm a gay New Yorker — and I'm coming out as a conservative https://t.co/U9VqpYMa3w https://t.co/nx7rPIZkqB
  • Options

Roger said:

The focus group......

which part of Nice is that ?
    Don't be ridiculous!

That's not Nice!

That's Cannes!
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Gloucester - "The Shed".
  • Options

Roger said:

The focus group......

Their vote is a good as anyone elses...
    And they vote for the wrong people and the wrong things too!
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Roger said:

The focus group......

None of it. They've got him to a T though a bit superficial. I'm sure they would say the same about Einstein or Oppenheimer

http://d.ibtimes.co.uk/en/full/1434274/albert-einstein.jpg
  • Options
    Roger said:

Roger said:

The focus group......

None of it. They've got him to a T though a bit superficial. I'm sure they would say the same about Einstein or Oppenheimer
    That may be the only time and indeed the only way those two could be compared to Corbyn - except as a criticism of the latter, of course.
  • Options
    Gloucester - Dukes of ....
  • Options
    BudGBudG Posts: 711
    Sandpit said:

As a card carrying Labour supporter, although I had heard of her, I could not have put a face to the name. Looks to me as though she would be more suitable for a role in Corrie than leader of the Labour Party.

Perhaps she is looked upon as being easily manipulated by those putting her name forward.
    We need someone who is going to be his own man/woman. Clive Lewis has certainly proved himself to fall into this category.
  • Options
    The answer to Labour's problems is obvious and simple. The PLP need to nominate a proper heavyweight (in as far as such things still exist), and only one candidate to challenge Corbyn in a winner-take-all match. If the members choose Corbyn again, any other option would still have failed.
  • Options
    daodaodaodao Posts: 821

Sandpit said:

Everyone to their own. Personally, I found that the Cameron's accent was a turn-off.

I really can't hear what's wrong with Rebecca Long-Bailey's manner of speech. I suppose you wouldn't like Lisa Nandy either, who is also a potential Labour leader.
  • Options

Go Rebecca go!

She would certainly be opposed. But there is absolutely no certainty she would be on the ballot. Unless the rules change - which is unlikely - the chances are she will not be on the ballot.

If the ballot is after an election, there might only be hard Left MPs remaining to nominate Corbyn's successor.

It's a cunning plan....
  • Options
    JackW said:

Most famously, Richard III - and quite possibly the place where he decided to have the Princes in the Tower *ahem* resolved.

Yet another serial killer associated with my birthplace? Aargh, what have I done?
  • Options
    Gloucester - Old Spot ....
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

Sean_F said:

ydoethur said:

John_M said:

That's so badly advertised I had actually forgotten it, despite having sat with my back to it while singing Evensong (as a member of a guest choir).

Berkeley Castle gets all the dubious fame associated with that.
    The Death by Red Hot Poker story is such a load of nonsense.
  • Options
    Rebecca Long-Bailey is like Ed Miliband, without the electoral success.

Long-Drop more like.
  • Options
    Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,009
    Sandpit said:

Is this a fucking joke? She looks and sounds like she should be pulling pints in the Rovers Return.
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,908

Go Rebecca go!

I've been wondering about this.
    Some kind of deal may be needed to get her on. Perhaps with a promise to change the rules so that a motion of no confidence from MPs can actually remove the leader? Or that once a year the leader has to survive a parliamentary vote?

Surely if that were offered there would be enough MPs who would think... This is a good deal.
  • Options
    daodao said:

Sandpit said:

Everyone to their own. Personally, I found that the Cameron's accent was a turn-off.

I really can't hear what's wrong with Rebecca Long-Bailey's manner of speech. I suppose you wouldn't like Lisa Nandy either, who is also a potential Labour leader.
    It's not her manner of speech that worries me: it's what she says. Apparently tax avoidance is taking between £70 billion and £120 billion (which are themselves made up numbers) out of the country .
  • Options
    Loving the prejudice inspired on here by a white, working class Salford accent.
  • Options

There's a coloured, working class Salford accent?
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Reflecting on my last three Gloucester related posts reveals a pleasing theme :

Rugby, Nobility and Roast Pork .... :smiley:
  • Options
    Mr. Observer, to be fair, everyone knows Yorkshire accents are best.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

JackW said:

Most famously, Richard III - and quite possibly the place where he decided to have the Princes in the Tower *ahem* resolved.

Yet another serial killer associated with my birthplace? Aargh, what have I done?
    I 'd heard that Pol Pot was a Gloucester lad....
  • Options
    edited February 2017

It's those damn metropolitan liberals conservatives?
  • Options
    JackW said:

Or as Gloucester is a royal duchy, it could be even more alliterative:

Rugby, Royalty and Roast Pork.
  • Options

Looking forward to Labour rising above it and electing her Leader...
  • Options

ydoethur said:

JackW said:

Was Pol Pot rounded cheered by the Shed as he ran the wing ?
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,933
    Just managed to get £31 at 350 on Ed Miliband! He hasn't died has he?
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
    edited February 2017
    Gloucester a city where the rugby club has more supporters than the football team, and make mine a double.

Recently visited a pub which had double & single Gloucestershire cheese as part of a ploughman's lunch.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

We all know you've got to pretend to be slightly common these days (Blair's glottal stop, DC's Easyjet shenanigans) but, come on, RLB has gone full Phoenix Nights.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,322

daodao said:

Sandpit said:

It's not her manner of speech that worries me: it's what she says. Apparently tax avoidance is taking between £70 billion and £120 billion (which are themselves made up numbers) out of the country .
    Presumably she meant that we have excess consumption which is sucking in imports and causing a major problem with our balance of trade and long term wealth?

Or maybe not.
  • Options
    FishingFishing Posts: 4,561

It's only a tiny fraction of that inspired by David Cameron's and George Osborne's enunciation and associated background.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

JackW said:

Does anyone know if Blondi liked the walks on Robinswood Hill?
  • Options
    rkrkrk said:

Go Rebecca go!

I've been wondering about this.
    Some kind of deal may be needed to get her on. Perhaps with a promise to change the rules so that a motion of no confidence from MPs can actually remove the leader? Or that once a year the leader has to survive a parliamentary vote?

Surely if that were offered there would be enough MPs who would think... This is a good deal.

I think they will wait until conference votes on the McDonnell amendment. If that gets through, she'll be fine. More likely, it won't. Should that be the case, a deal may be necessary, though I am not sure one will be agreed as in the longer term the 15% rule favours the soft left and the centre.

• Options
    DavidL said:

daodao said:

Sandpit said:

Presumably she meant that we have excess consumption which is sucking in imports and causing a major problem with our balance of trade and long term wealth?

Or maybe not.
    She might have meant it is being transferred offshore and just said it very clumsily.
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

We all know you've got to pretend to be slightly common these days (Blair's glottal stop, DC's Easyjet shenanigans) but, come on, RLB has gone full Phoenix Nights.

Her Dad was an Irish docker in Salford. She speaks as you'd expect!

• Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486

daodao said:

Sandpit said:

Do the Virgin Islands count as in the country?
  • Options
    Mr. Fishing, wrong sort of snobbery :p

[On a serious note, deriding people for their background is pathetic and ridiculous. Doesn't matter if they're well-to-do or impoverished].

Mr. Isam, rumours that he's trapped beneath a large piece of limestone have been exaggerated, apparently.
  • Options
    On topic, there is a good chance Lewis almost shot a civilian, and had to adjust his focus to better frame the subjects
  • Options

I find that a bit strange too. Still, Socialist Roger evens it out everytime he posts that photo of his beloved white working class.
  • Options
    Fishing said:

It's only a tiny fraction of that inspired by David Cameron's and George Osborne's enunciation and associated background.
    Except that:

1. Cameron and people from his background have ruled this country almost permanently for at least a century. Part of the criticism was because of over representation

2. Cameron tried to be something he wasn't
  • Options
    On the subject of Lewis' military record... the fact that he was unlikely to have been in a firefight hardly disproves the fact that he might have shot a civilian. This isn't Hilary Clinton ducking sniper fire.
  • Options

Dura_Ace said:

She's not being touted as the potential manager of a FitnessFirst she is, apparently, being considered as the Labour Party's candidate to be Prime Minister of whatever is left of the United Kingdom in 2020. Given the evidence of the video above do you think there is any chance at all the swing voters in LAB-CON marginals are going to say, "You know what? Let's give Liam Gallagher's less intelligent cousin who has no fucking idea what she's talking about a go as PM."
  • Options
    After hearing of the latest "leak" that John Bercow voted Remain, Mrs Orphan has declared that he is after the Labour Leadership. Given the paucity of talent, I'm sure a man with his ego would have seriously considered it.

I've asked Betfair to include him on the War and Peace list which is the runners and riders for Corbyn's successor.
  • Options
    Mad props to Richard Navabi for directing everyone to keep their eye on the Hatchet Job On Clive Lewis ball.
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    https://youtu.be/66dq81eI-fc

This is how to do it.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,045
    isam said:

Just managed to get £31 at 350 on Ed Miliband! He hasn't died has he?

Ed would be an inspired choice as an interim leader if such was needed. However I do wonder if he'd want the job again, and if he's actually learnt any lessons from his five years as leader. The Labour party certainly have not.

I cannot see any of the candidates put forward as being able to save Labour from a crushing defeat in 2020, except if events intercede (and even then the events may not be favourable to them). With Corbyn, they've essentially wasted two years during which they could have been rebuilding. Worse, they've gone backwards and dig up the foundations.

Stamrer seems the only one who has any competence at all, and I do worry that his time as DPP might contain some juicy stories.

The longer they leave changing leader, the worse the defeat.
  • Options
    Dura_Ace said:

Dura_Ace said:

She's not being touted as the potential manager of a FitnessFirst she is, apparently, being considered as the Labour Party's candidate to be Prime Minister of whatever is left of the United Kingdom in 2020. Given the evidence of the video above do you think there is any chance at all the swing voters in LAB-CON marginals are going to say, "You know what? Let's give Liam Gallagher's less intelligent cousin who has no fucking idea what she's talking about a go as PM."

I think British voters are far less prejudiced than many on here. They'll judge her on her competence not on how she speaks. That's why she'd be a bad choice. That said, she has certainly achieved plenty: born into a poor, working class family, got a degree, worked at some well-regarded law firms, became an MP. I don't share her politics, but I applaud her graft and grit.

• Options

Dura_Ace said:

I don't give a damn about her accent.

I do worry she is pig-shit thick though.
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256

The joys of womanhood. If she was a man the same accent would probably be seen as connecting to working class roots. I never hear Len McCluskey being criticised for his accent nor Andy Burnham nor Graham Stringer.

If she is no good at the job then criticise her for that but moaning about her lack of RP is not the correct starting point
  • Options
    Mr. Orphan, even for Bercow, that'd be straying too far from convention.

Mr. Ace, to be fair, the Gallaghers (one, at least, I think it's Noel) is really rather sharp. He'd be much better than the current Labour leadership.
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,203
    Talking sbout accents, the last thing I need to wake up to on a Sunday morning is some whiny right wing blogger on Andrew Marr piling in on the Bercow witchhunt.

• Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Dura_Ace said:

Dura_Ace said:

Perhaps Labour's job in 2020 is damage limitation rather than winning?

Making sure that it's English and Welsh working class vote doesn't copy it's Scottish one?

• Options
    edited February 2017

(don't miss the end line!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQfXkK1FD3s
  • Options
    Just seen that Donald Trump is even more unpopular than Jeremy Corbyn in the UK. That's extreme unpopularity :-)
  • Options

Dura_Ace said:

I don't give a damn about her accent.

I do worry she is pig-shit thick though.
    Stay classy MM
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

JackW said:

Or as Gloucester is a royal duchy, it could be even more alliterative:

Rugby, Royalty and Roast Pork.
    :smile:

As already noted the Duke of Gloucester as Richard III "succeeding" to the English crown. The royal Dukedom of Gloucester has some sad history.

Charles I youngest son died in 1660, a year after becoming the Duke. Queen Anne son William, the heir apparent died in 1700 aged 11. George II's eldest son and heir apparent - Frederick predeceased his father in 1751.

George V's son Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester, saw his heir apparent Prince William die in an aircraft accident in 1972.

On the death of the present Duke, Prince Richard, the title will cease to be a royal dukedom as the Earl of Ulster does not enjoy formal royal status.
  • Options
    Mrs C, that's probably true. On the other hand, a posh accent would be seen as more of a positive for a woman than a man.

Incidentally, the England match was rather good. Very close throughout, and a sixteenth consecutive win for us. Huzzah!
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,878
    RLBWNBLL
  • Options

The joys of womanhood. If she was a man the same accent would probably be seen as connecting to working class roots. I never hear Len McCluskey being criticised for his accent nor Andy Burnham nor Graham Stringer.

If she is no good at the job then criticise her for that but moaning about her lack of RP is not the correct starting point

See also Paul Nuttall. Middle class conservative and liberal commentators seem to believe that the mere possession of a scouse accent will be enough to get erstwhile white working class Labour voters flocking to UKIP.

• Options
    rkrkrk said:

On the subject of Lewis' military record... the fact that he was unlikely to have been in a firefight hardly disproves the fact that he might have shot a civilian. This isn't Hilary Clinton ducking sniper fire.

Well, I’m sure it won’t be long before one of his team surfaces. For myself, I’m prepared to believe people who go on the record, give their names and so on. “Military sources’ suggests a bored ex-squaddy wanting another drink!
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,878
    Angela Raynor far better IMO.
  • Options

Angela Raynor far better IMO.

Like Corbyn, but without the voter appeal.
  • Options

After hearing of the latest "leak" that John Bercow voted Remain, Mrs Orphan has declared that he is after the Labour Leadership. Given the paucity of talent, I'm sure a man with his ego would have seriously considered it.

I've asked Betfair to include him on the War and Peace list which is the runners and riders for Corbyn's successor.

Ideologically, he'd be on Corbyn's wing of the Labour Party.
This discussion has been closed.