Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » This week’s PB/Polling Matters podcast looks at Germany, Brexi

Comments

• Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,037

Off-topic:

Dutch elections to be hand-counted after security of electronic systems thrown into doubt.

http://www.osnews.com/story/29647/Fearful_of_hacking_Dutch_will_count_ballots_by_hand

After 30 years in the IT industry I can most definitely assert that elections should never be carried out electronically.
    :+1:
    Voting machines and online voting are never going to happen.

As a professional technologist it's clear to me that the vast majority of people don't understand technology - the chance of the average man in the street accepting putting their vote into some machine is close to zero - and he's right to think that. It's important in elections that people think their vote is fair, anonymous and will be counted.

Sometimes the old fashioned manual ways of doing something are the best. Elections are a great example of that.
  • Options

Thirty minutes into podcast, and a pronunciation matter makes me want to raise a question.

Do other PBers pronounce 'clique' as 'cleek'? [I do].

'Click' always sounds American to me.

Niche is the one that Americans also butcher.
  • Options
    America's new top prosecutor, Jeff Sessions, has said the US must bring an end to illegal immigration, as he was sworn in at the White House.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38923511
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,543

Thirty minutes into podcast, and a pronunciation matter makes me want to raise a question.

Yes its definitely cleek.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,027

I would pronounce it as you do. The real question is how do you pronounce "meme". I've got no clue!
  • Options
    CD13CD13 Posts: 6,352
    Mr Dancer,

"'Click' always sounds American to me."

My granny (born in the 1880s) always pronounced it that way.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,106
    Scott_P said:
    Sp she's the good one on the family I guess.
  • Options
    Cheers, Mr. L.

Mr. Urquhart, gods, yes. 'Nitch'. Nitch!

Interesting that they pronounce 'herb' the French way (likewise 'fillet', I think). There's one we Frenchify but they don't, though I can't remember it offhand.

Mr. Sandpit, I fear that's complacent. Clownish buffoons like Bercow think such things are a good idea.

• Options

America's new top prosecutor, Jeff Sessions, has said the US must bring an end to illegal immigration, as he was sworn in at the White House.

Woohoo, I snuck in the day before he was appointed. :D
  • Options
    RobD said:

I would pronounce it as you do. The real question is how do you pronounce "meme". I've got no clue!
    I am more curious about what a meme even is. My kids have been teasing my about this recently. "Hullo darkness my old friend" is apparently a meme. I have no idea why.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Ditto – “meme” I pronounce it me me, American podcasts I listen to say ‘meeem’ - most odd.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,036
    kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    And ?

I hope Guido judges everyone by their aunts, uncles and cousins.
  • Options

Well good luck with that.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

RobD said:

Ditto – “meme” I pronounce it me me, American podcasts I listen to say ‘meeem’ - most odd.
    Dawkins wanted it to sound like "gene" so I think meem is correct.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    And ?

It is a complete non story isn't it? Sad that there are such repulsive reprobates in the world but no fault of Nicola's (and its not often I will say that).
  • Options
    DavidL said:

What you not convinced by the effectiveness of the wall and the plan deport 11 million people?
  • Options

RobD said:

In my head I hear it as "mem" (rhymes with pen)
  • Options

DavidL said:

What you not convinced by the effectiveness of the wall and the plan deport 11 million people?
    Nope.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    And ?

It is a complete non story isn't it? Sad that there are such repulsive reprobates in the world but no fault of Nicola's (and its not often I will say that).
    I would say he will be off the Christmas card list, but given he was a card carrying Tory, I doubt he has been on that for a long time.
  • Options
    Mr. CD13, I was born a little later...

Mr. D, surely to rhyme with 'theme'?

Mr. L, think it'd be defined as a sort of in vogue idea/cliche, an idea being replicated through social discourse in the way a successful gene spreads through a species.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    May accused of lying about impact of EU migrants on UK by Czech Europe minister

Theresa May has been accused of lying about the impact of immigration on Britain by an EU minister. It was Tomas Prouza, the Czech minister for Europe, who made the claim in a speech at Charles University in Prague at a conference on Brexit. He also delivered a harsh assessment of May’s Brexit strategy. Here is the full text, and here are the key points.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2017/feb/09/corbyn-dismisses-claims-he-has-set-date-for-resigning-as-fake-news-politics-live
  • Options

DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    And ?

I would say he will be off the Christmas card list, but given he was a card carrying Tory, I doubt he has been on that for a long time.
    Hopefully the operative and important word in that sentence is "was".
  • Options

Yes, and yes. It really raises my hackles when I hear "click" for "clique".
  • Options

Mr. L, think it'd be defined as a sort of in vogue idea/cliche, an idea being replicated through social discourse in the way a successful gene spreads through a species.

Okaay....
  • Options

Sad.
  • Options
    Beverley_CBeverley_C Posts: 6,256
    edited February 2017
    DavidL said:

I am more curious about what a meme even is. My kids have been teasing my about this recently. "Hullo darkness my old friend" is apparently a meme. I have no idea why.

"A meme (/ˈmiːm/ meem) is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture". A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas, symbols, or practices that can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena with a mimicked theme. Supporters of the concept regard memes as cultural analogues to genes in that they self-replicate, mutate, and respond to selective pressures.

Proponents theorize that memes are a viral phenomenon that may evolve by natural selection in a manner analogous to that of biological evolution. Memes do this through the processes of variation, mutation, competition, and inheritance, each of which influences a meme's reproductive success. Memes spread through the behavior that they generate in their hosts. Memes that propagate less prolifically may become extinct, while others may survive, spread, and (for better or for worse) mutate. Memes that replicate most effectively enjoy more success, and some may replicate effectively even when they prove to be detrimental to the welfare of their hosts."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme
  • Options
    I bet mexican undocumented immigrants end up building the wall to be perfectly honest !
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    And ?

So which is worse? Burning a £20 note in front of a homeless person, or burning through millions of pounds of taxpayers money in failed government spending?

Ethical question for the day.

• Options

Memes that replicate most effectively enjoy more success, and some may replicate effectively even when they prove to be detrimental to the welfare of their hosts.

https://twitter.com/MichaelPDeacon/status/747000584226607104/
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,095
    Scott_P said:

Memes that replicate most effectively enjoy more success, and some may replicate effectively even when they prove to be detrimental to the welfare of their hosts.

https://twitter.com/MichaelPDeacon/status/747000584226607104/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwcl_ZehPtE
  • Options

"Feckles, heckles, hackles, schmeckles. Whatever the hell they are, they're up right now and pointed at you, buddy!"

:D
  • Options

DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    And ?

So which is worse? Burning a £20 note in front of a homeless person, or burning through millions of pounds of taxpayers money in failed government spending?

I think Stalin has some quotes along those lines...
  • Options

DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    And ?

The former. It's gratuitously cruel, vicious and shows a deep contempt for one's fellow man. Mere incompetence is all we expect of government and not in itself immoral even if the consequences are more serious from a utilitarian perspective.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,232
    edited February 2017

DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    And ?

The latter if it was supposed to be for projects to find accommodation for the homeless. Though this story totally kills any future prospects of Sturgeon using an 'evil Tories' narrative when it seems her own relative is one. CUCA have now expelled him
  • Options

DavidL said:

"A meme (/ˈmiːm/ meem) is "an idea, behavior, or style that spreads from person to person within a culture". A meme acts as a unit for carrying cultural ideas, symbols, or practices that can be transmitted from one mind to another through writing, speech, gestures, rituals, or other imitable phenomena with a mimicked theme. Supporters of the concept regard memes as cultural analogues to genes in that they self-replicate, mutate, and respond to selective pressures.

Proponents theorize that memes are a viral phenomenon that may evolve by natural selection in a manner analogous to that of biological evolution. Memes do this through the processes of variation, mutation, competition, and inheritance, each of which influences a meme's reproductive success. Memes spread through the behavior that they generate in their hosts. Memes that propagate less prolifically may become extinct, while others may survive, spread, and (for better or for worse) mutate. Memes that replicate most effectively enjoy more success, and some may replicate effectively even when they prove to be detrimental to the welfare of their hosts."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meme
    Thank you Beverley.
  • Options

They must cover NHS issues but day after day they only have the one story and it is almost always the catastrophe that is the English NHS, rather than the Welsh and Scots NHS which are worse

You should probably get in touch with your pro brexit, anti independence, life-long SNP member in-law for some on the the ground info.

'It comes as official NHS figures for December show that 86.2% of A&E patients in England were dealt with in under four hours.
    December A&E figures for Scotland are much higher at 92.6% while Wales and Northern Ireland's figures are lower than England's.'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-38907492

All NHS's are under serious strain and need a new cross party consensus to apply joined up innovative thinking and the merging of social care.

By the way see Nicola is failing again, this time on education. Time she did her day job instead of living on fantasy islsnd
    'the Welsh and Scots NHS which are worse'

Thanks for your gracious apology for speaking shyte.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    And ?
    That was my point - even if they were brother and sister, it wouldn't reflect any on her, since she's not him.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503

'Across the piece'.

My bugbear.
  • Options
    ParistondaParistonda Posts: 1,819

It's definitely cleek. Americans do the same thing with niche. It's neesh to us but they say it as nitch.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,833
    Pro_Rata said:

RoyalBlue said:

What a tosser.

Exclusive: Cambridge student in white tie burns cash in front of homeless person. He was a member of the Conservative Association at the time

http://thetab.com/uk/cambridge/2017/02/09/exclusive-cambridge-student-white-tie-burns-cash-front-homeless-person-88773

That used to be (and probably still is) part of the initiation for the Bullingdon Club.

Hopefully he'll be expelled from the party and association for life.
    I hated the Bullingdon - and Brasenose's knock-off - with all my heart. More than anythign else with which I have had personal contact.
    I would go as far as to say my university's equivalent, their associated hangers on and that portion of public school types who operated a kind of apartheid (separate bars, separate subjects, wilful ignorance of life beyond their kind) and the correlation between those who ran the student conservatives and precisely those people who set themselves as most separate, colours my view to this day of how the Conservative party can never truly represent or understand me, wherever it positions itself on the left/right spectrum. And far more so than growing up in a Labour heartland in the 80s ever did.

Yes, it is something of a visceral class thing, but there you have it.
    At my University the "attempted snobs" were about 90% fakes who had really gone to comprehensives etc. The worst and most boring kind of social climbers imaginable.

They affected to believe that the various student societies (including the Conservatives) were beneath them.
  • Options
    AlsoIndigoAlsoIndigo Posts: 1,852
    edited February 2017
    DavidL said:

RobD said:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/hello-darkness-my-old-friend

It seems very tenuous to me, but what do I know, I havent been a yoof for a very long time.
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,833
    edited February 2017
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    And ?

The former. It's gratuitously cruel, vicious and shows a deep contempt for one's fellow man. Mere incompetence is all we expect of government and not in itself immoral even if the consequences are more serious from a utilitarian perspective.
    What if the incompetence in spending the millions is ongoing? - my experience of such things is that the truly ludicrous projects (private and public sector) almost always last longer than a single budget year.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    The PB Alt Right suddenly discovers a grudging respect for Sturgeon.
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Richard Dawkins, who invented the term in The Selfish Gene, said that it rhymes with cream.
  • Options

It's definitely cleek. Americans do the same thing with niche. It's neesh to us but they say it as nitch.
    Its a very small step from there to electing Donald Trump isn't it?
  • Options
    John_M said:

'Across the piece'.

My bugbear.
    I've never heard that, what's it supposed to mean?

I do dislike journalists who use "piece" to mean "article", "story" or "column".
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Richard Dawkins, who invented the term in The Selfish Gene, said that it rhymes with cream.
    The inventor of a word doesn't always get the final say, though, otherwise we'd have to pronounce GIF stupidly.
  • Options
    Just finished the podcast. Excellent English from the German lady (as might be expected, to be honest). I do disagree with Mr. Pedley entirely on his 'moral high ground' position on unilaterally guaranteeing the rights of millions of EU citizens in the UK without the corresponding protection for British citizens in the EU.

It baffles me why those who propose this move (disregarding that the moral high ground of scrapping half the rebate got Blair absolutely nothing in return) seem more interested in the rights of EU citizens than their fellow countrymen.
  • Options
    AlsoIndigoAlsoIndigo Posts: 1,852
    edited February 2017

John_M said:

'Across the piece'.

My bugbear.

I do dislike journalists who use "piece" to mean "article", "story" or "column".
    Blame Ed Balls...
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2013/jun/27/across-the-piece-jargon-steven-poole

My pet hate is "nice"... what a useless word that is, tell you nothing at all.
  • Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

The inventor of a word doesn't always get the final say, though, otherwise we'd have to pronounce GIF stupidly.
    Indeed: neologisms are themselves examples of memes. Some catch on, some get modified, some die.
  • Options
    Mr. Quidder, also, giga seems to have changed from a soft to a hard G (Doc Brown in Back to the Future refers to 'jiga-watts').
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981

RobD said:

RobD said:

And Linux.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,294

John_M said:

'Across the piece'.

My bugbear.

Blame Ed Balls...
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/booksblog/2013/jun/27/across-the-piece-jargon-steven-poole
    A convenient scrape-goat.
  • Options

John_M said:

'Across the piece'.

My bugbear.

Blame Ed Balls...
    A convenient scrape-goat.
    "Please do not scrape the goat"
  • Options
    geoffwgeoffw Posts: 8,189
    Ishmael_Z said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

And Linux.
    In the originator's country it is "Leenux"
  • Options

Mr. Quidder, also, giga seems to have changed from a soft to a hard G (Doc Brown in Back to the Future refers to 'jiga-watts').

BTTF is the only place I've heard that pronunciation...
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    And ?

The latter if it was supposed to be for projects to find accommodation for the homeless. Though this story totally kills any future prospects of Sturgeon using an 'evil Tories' narrative when it seems her own relative is one. CUCA have now expelled him
    'Atrrgh, a distant relative by marriage is a Tory ****, I can no longer comment on other Tory ****s!'

Lol.
  • Options

BTTF is the only place I've heard that pronunciation...
    According to wikipedia (fount of all knowledge) it was a common pronunciation in the states in the 60s-80s. There was even an official guide for the pronunciation issued by the US National Bureau of Standards.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giga-
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,336
    edited February 2017
    Dave Rubin has interviewed Flemming Rose (the guy who 10 years published the Mohammad cartoons in Denmark). First two parts are up, with the discussion ranging from the back story those cartoons through to his thoughts on forthcoming elections in Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXUXvtoBhUo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfeH1Xl2iqM
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Scott_P said:

@faisalislam: LabLords leader Baroness Smith: "Lords, as always, will challenge/scrutinise legislation put before us; if necessary will pass amendments"..

@faisalislam: B. Smith: "we will not be cowed by threats of abolition or flooding place with 100s of new Tory Peers. stakes too high & we'll do our duty.”

Committing hari-kiri.

• Options

RobD said:

RobD said:

Indeed that's clearly supposed to be a hard-G and it even stands for Graphics which is a hard-G so that the inventor wants it to be pronounced like the now-renamed cleaning chemical is just silly.
  • Options

"Please do not scrape the goat"

"If we need an escape goat..." Troy Barnes
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    The Speaker should surely have the confidence of the whole house. If he wins the no confidence vote but with a clearly-divided house then he should follow Thatcher's footsteps and resign..
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503

John_M said:

'Across the piece'.

My bugbear.

It's 'across the piste'. Even like that it's not very clear. I'm with Churchill on word choice.
  • Options
    Mr. Thompson, 'should'.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125
    Scott_P said:
    He asked for it. He will survive the vote I suspect but it may wound him beyond repair. The House deserves someone less enamoured of themselves than Bercow.
  • Options
    'Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddderrrrrrr'

So when does this NC motion get heard ?
  • Options
    John_M said:

John_M said:

'Across the piece'.

My bugbear.

It's 'across the piste'. Even like that it's not very clear. I'm with Churchill on word choice.
    I always liked Len Deighton's definition of an intellectual: "someone who uses 1 big word when 6 little ones would do."
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    Scott_P said:

twitter.com/skynewsbreak/status/829745897697329152

Conservative MP James Duddridge has tabled a motion of no confidence against Speaker of the House of Commons John Bercow

Bercexit?

• Options

HYUFD said:

DavidL said:

Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:
    And ?

'Atrrgh, a distant relative by marriage is a Tory ****, I can no longer comment on other Tory ****s!'

Lol.
    I've heard Sturgeon speak of her English family members, this is the first I've heard of the Irish branch. Shame it was in such an embarassing context.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

'Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrddddddderrrrrrr'

So when does this NC motion get heard ?

The Commons standing orders don't seem to include a procedure for such a motion. Therefore, I assume, it's up to the Speaker.
  • Options
    Has a speaker ever had a motion of no confidence tabled before ?

In fact did Bercow himself have one put up by Hague or was that something else ?
  • Options
    JWisemannJWisemann Posts: 1,082

RobD said:

RobD said:

It's supposed to be an analogy with genes, though, and is coined to rhyme with them. So that pronunciation makes a lot more sense,
  • Options
    If the government cannot win a motion of no confidence against the Speaker (and it is obviously for their benefit that such a motion would be made), surely they'd have done better to ensure one was not moved? Even if they vote for Bercow or mass abstain, most of those who vote against him will be Tories, hardly endearing them to a man already showing he wants to hit the government when he feels he can.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    https://twitter.com/SophyRidgeSky/status/829748320822247424

I have heard of Long-Bailey solely because of the leadership speculation over the last week.

The other three are all mysteries worthy of Toyah.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Meanwhile Corbyn shuffles his deckchairs...

@jessicaelgot: Angela Eagle, Clive Lewis and Rebecca Long-Bailey have all now held the shadow business secretary job under Corbyn. Spot the pattern...

@PolhomeEditor: Labour MP: "I've just had to google two of our latest appointments to the shadow cabinet."
  • Options

https://twitter.com/SophyRidgeSky/status/829748320822247424

I have heard of Long-Bailey solely because of the leadership speculation over the last week.

The other three are all mysteries worthy of Toyah.

Add them to the goldmine:

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/#/politics/market/1.120629096
  • Options
    Rebecca Long-Bailey (spoken of as potential Corbyn successor from the left)

Wasn't that what they said of Lewis?
  • Options
    @PolhomeEditor: Labour say decision on whether the 14 frontbench Article 50 rebels will be disciplined will be announced tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Pulpstar said:

In fact did Bercow himself have one put up by Hague or was that something else ?

Yes. Douglas Carswell tabled a motion of no confidence in Michael Martin but Martin resigned before it could be debated.

Edit. And such a motion was apparently carried in 1695.
  • Options
    @MrHarryCole: Duddridge: "He can no longer reasonably chair as Speaker, this is the straw that broke the camels back." Confirms motion gone down.
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    edited February 2017
    Pulpstar said:

Martin quit before a motion of no confidence (which he knew he'd lose) could be tabled, I believe.

Hague's one for Bercow was to force a secret ballot at the start of the then next, now current parliament.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@PolhomeEditor: Labour say decision on whether the 14 frontbench Article 50 rebels will be disciplined will be announced tomorrow.

Is that because having done an early shift for breakfast time interviews, Jezza has taken the afternoon off to make some jam?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Who would they be replaced with? I'm serious, surely they're running out of viable MPs now?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@MrHarryCole: Duddridge: "He can no longer reasonably chair as Speaker, this is the straw that broke the camels back." Confirms motion gone down.

Should I order some popcorn?
  • Options
    Can it be long before Corbyn offers a place in the shadow cabinet to Caroline Lucas?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

Who would they be replaced with? I'm serious, surely they're running out of viable MPs now?
    Well, he could start going through the Lords :D
  • Options
    Durridge must know he has "some" numbers.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

Or the ghosts of great comrades past.
  • Options
    Corbyn appears to be following Tony Blair’s custom of swapping his front bench every month.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Is Shamy not already in the shadow cabinet?
  • Options
    geoffw said:

Ishmael_Z said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

And Linux.
    It is linux with a short i almost everywhere now. Americans used to pronounce it with a long i because that is how they pronounce the name Linus (eg Linus in Peanuts or Linus Pauling the chemist with two Nobel prizes) but thanks to Youtube and Linus Torvalds moving to the US and speaking at conferences, Americans have largely changed to short i linux. There is probably a degree thesis in there somewhere for a student of linguistics.
  • Options
    Is a no confidence motion decided by public or secret ballot?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Pulpstar said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

Or the ghosts of great comrades past.
    An Ed of Doncaster is awaiting the call...
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    isam said:
    illegal under current rules.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Durridge must know he has "some" numbers.

Clearly, and it seems fairly clear from the press report that the number is not 326. So the question is what number he thinks he needs to unseat the Speaker. Would 200 be enough?
  • Options

geoffw said:

Ishmael_Z said:

RobD said:

RobD said:

And Linux.
    It is linux with a short i almost everywhere now. Americans used to pronounce it with a long i because that is how they pronounce the name Linus (eg Linus in Peanuts or Linus Pauling the chemist with two Nobel prizes) but thanks to Youtube and Linus Torvalds moving to the US and speaking at conferences, Americans have largely changed to short i linux. There is probably a degree thesis in there somewhere for a student of linguistics.
    How Americans think that Nissan is pronounced as Neeeeeeeeeeesan is beyond me.
This discussion has been closed.