Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » LAB in lead with ICM amongst REMAIN voters – more poll numbers

SystemSystem Posts: 11,698
edited February 2017 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » LAB in lead with ICM amongst REMAIN voters – more poll numbers that make make Corbyn’s A50 strategy look dumb

Follow @MSmithsonPB // < ![CDATA[ // < ![CDATA[ xfunction(d,s,id){var js,fjs=d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0];if(!d.getElementById(id)){js=d.createElement(s);js.id=id;js.src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js";fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js,fjs);}}(document,"script","twitter-wjs"); // ]]>

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Gosh
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    wtf is a discussion ID?
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,299
    edited February 2017
    Brexit Division on Chris Leslie amendment:

Govt won by 33.

Minimum 5 Con MPs voting against Govt:

Neill
    Soubry
    Clarke
    Sandbach
    Tyrie

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-38879557
  • Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,195
    Is it dumb? The remainers have nowhere else to go.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited February 2017
    The Tories are only two behind among remainers????

Corbyn's 'strategy' recognises that the vote cannot be ignored and that a large chunk of the 21% sitting in UKIP Leave were Labour less than a generation ago.
  • Options
    AlsoIndigoAlsoIndigo Posts: 1,852
    FPT:

tlg86 said:

sheesh

Fillon expenses
    Sarkozy suspected fraud
    Hamon Corbyn junior
    Macron closet gay
    Le Pen expenses

France really has a fantastic choice

The odd one out is Macron - nothing wrong if he is gay, though I don't know if the French would be bothered.
    the issue isnt the gayness its that hes apparently trying to hide it
    I think that is a non starter. Why should anyone be forced to reveal their sexuality of they don't want to? He is not being accused of a crime. He is not even being accused of something that is morally dubious. Should we claim that Le Pen is hiding something because she has not explicitly stated she is heterosexual?

Hopefully the French will take a more reasoned view of this.
    Its not that straightforward.

Macron is married Brigitte Trogneux, his former teacher 20 years his senior. That isn't the problem although it will raise eyebrows in more staid circles. The suggestion is that he has a gay lover his is trying to hush up. It's not the gayness so much as the infidelity, which is exacerbated by the connected denials.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-election-macron-idUSKBN15M0RK

France's tightly-contested presidential race sank deeper into smear and sleaze on Tuesday after centrist Emmanuel Macron was forced to deny an extramarital affair and as scandal continued to dog conservative Francois Fillon and his party.

A slump in support for Fillon after accusations that he used taxpayers' money to pay his wife for work she may not have done has propelled Macron into the top spot in opinion polls.

Late on Monday, Macron, a centrist former economy minister and ex-banker sought to kill rumors of a gay relationship outside his marriage to Brigitte Trogneux and push his campaign on.
  • Options
    ThomasNasheThomasNashe Posts: 4,993
    tlg86 said:

I think quite a few of them are going to the LDs (me included, so long as Corbyn is leader).
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    ICM/Guardian:

CON 42 (=)
    LAB 27 (+1)
    LD 10 (=)
    UKIP 12 (-1)
    GRN 4 (-1)
    SNP 5 (+1)

Dates 3rd-5th Feb
    N=1,984

Implies slightly more Remain than Leave voters overall - ie Party numbers just on Remain side of the average of the two.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

ICM/Guardian:

CON 42 (=)
    LAB 27 (+1)
    LD 10 (=)
    UKIP 12 (-1)
    GRN 4 (-1)
    SNP 5 (+1)

Dates 3rd-5th Feb
    N=1,984

Implies more Remain than Leave voters overall.

5...4...3...2....1.....Justin tells us its not bad news for Labour.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,610
    MikeL said:

ICM/Guardian:

CON 42 (=)
    LAB 27 (+1)
    LD 10 (=)
    UKIP 12 (-1)
    GRN 4 (-1)
    SNP 5 (+1)

Dates 3rd-5th Feb
    N=1,984

Implies more Remain than Leave voters overall.

Yes, by a 52/48 result it would be Con 43, Lab 25.
  • Options

FPT:

tlg86 said:

sheesh

Fillon expenses
    Sarkozy suspected fraud
    Hamon Corbyn junior
    Macron closet gay
    Le Pen expenses

The odd one out is Macron - nothing wrong if he is gay, though I don't know if the French would be bothered.
    I think that is a non starter. Why should anyone be forced to reveal their sexuality of they don't want to? He is not being accused of a crime. He is not even being accused of something that is morally dubious. Should we claim that Le Pen is hiding something because she has not explicitly stated she is heterosexual?

Macron is married Brigitte Trogneux, his former teacher 20 years his senior. That isn't the problem although it will raise eyebrows in more staid circles. The suggestion is that he has a gay lover his is trying to hush up. It's not the gayness so much as the infidelity, which is exacerbated by the connected denials.

France's tightly-contested presidential race sank deeper into smear and sleaze on Tuesday after centrist Emmanuel Macron was forced to deny an extramarital affair and as scandal continued to dog conservative Francois Fillon and his party.

A slump in support for Fillon after accusations that he used taxpayers' money to pay his wife for work she may not have done has propelled Macron into the top spot in opinion polls.

Late on Monday, Macron, a centrist former economy minister and ex-banker sought to kill rumors of a gay relationship outside his marriage to Brigitte Trogneux and push his campaign on.
    If he was gay, and wanted to hide it, marrying his former school teacher would seem like an odd way to go about it.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,116
    Broken sleazy Brexit on the slide.
  • Options
    Taps mic...sniff sniff.... WRONG Corbynism sweeping the nation!
  • Options
    FPT: Mr. T, not heard that one myself, but I have heard 'quite unique'.

*sighs*

One that annoys me which I sometimes do myself is saying 'fire arrows'. Arrows are loosed or released or shot, but there's no fire involved.

On-topic: you could reach the opposite conclusion. Labour have more ground to make up amongst Leave voters.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

I think quite a few of them are going to the LDs (me included, so long as Corbyn is leader).
    Do you live in a Tory-Labour marginal? If you don't, would it make a difference if you did?
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Do you live in a Tory-Labour marginal? If you don't, would it make a difference if you did?
    I do actually: Ealing Central and Acton. Lab held by 254 votes as far as I can recall.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    tlg86 said:

FPT:

tlg86 said:

sheesh

Fillon expenses
    Sarkozy suspected fraud
    Hamon Corbyn junior
    Macron closet gay
    Le Pen expenses

If he was gay, and wanted to hide it, marrying his former school teacher would seem like an odd way to go about it.
    Doesnt make any sense to me either. Now he has put it front and centre in such forthright terms it better be true or the French press are going to hang him out to dry!

In a voter survey published on Tuesday, 65 percent of respondents polled after he made his comments said they still wanted him replaced as candidate of the center-right

Doesn't suggest he is excessively popular either.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    So much for the Lib Dems big chance then.

• Options
    Am I being really thick here...this supposed government concession...haven't the government always said there would be a vote on the final deal?
  • Options
    MikeL said:

ICM/Guardian:

CON 42 (=)
    LAB 27 (+1)
    LD 10 (=)
    UKIP 12 (-1)
    GRN 4 (-1)
    SNP 5 (+1)

Dates 3rd-5th Feb
    N=1,984

Implies slightly more Remain than Leave voters overall - ie Party numbers just on Remain side of the average of the two.

It's something like a 3% swing from Left to Right.

Con+UKIP now 54 - was around 51 in 2015.
  • Options

One that annoys me which I sometimes do myself is saying 'fire arrows'. Arrows are loosed or released or shot, but there's no fire involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTd_0FRAwOQ

• Options

FPT:

tlg86 said:

sheesh

Fillon expenses
    Sarkozy suspected fraud
    Hamon Corbyn junior
    Macron closet gay
    Le Pen expenses

Isn't marital infidelity pretty much a requirement to be an eligible candidate in France?
  • Options
    Mr. Indigo, ha, I thought that video might arrive (that or the flaming katana bren gun...). Lindy Beige has excellent videos.

I'm pretty relaxed about most technical terminology (chainmail really should just be mail, but it doesn't bother me), but firing arrows does.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,896
    tlg86 said:

FPT:

tlg86 said:

sheesh

Fillon expenses
    Sarkozy suspected fraud
    Hamon Corbyn junior
    Macron closet gay
    Le Pen expenses

Wasn't he in his teens, when they first started going out together? That would suggest a pretty strong relationship.
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    Angela Eagle asking for 'official proper Treasury forecasts' rather than other peoples 'guesses' of the outcome of Brexit.

We got the Treasury's official forecast before the poll. It was significantly worse than an honest guess.
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

wtf is a discussion ID?

I got the same when I tried to post first before anyone else had posted. I think it is a mean trick devised by the moderators to make sure they get to say first, first. :)
  • Options
    chestnut said:

MikeL said:

ICM/Guardian:

CON 42 (=)
    LAB 27 (+1)
    LD 10 (=)
    UKIP 12 (-1)
    GRN 4 (-1)
    SNP 5 (+1)

Dates 3rd-5th Feb
    N=1,984

It's something like a 3% swing from Left to Right.

Con+UKIP now 54 - was around 51 in 2015.
    And what a turnaround from Blair's glory years.
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    On topic: as if we needed any more evidence!
  • Options
    On topic, Corbyn's A50 strategy makes sense if he wants to increase his party's support from 27%.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

I do actually: Ealing Central and Acton. Lab held by 254 votes as far as I can recall.
    Interesting, thank you. The Tories really could clean up at the next election.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Brexit Division on Chris Leslie amendment:

Govt won by 33.

Minimum 5 Con MPs voting against Govt:

Neill
    Soubry
    Clarke
    Sandbach
    Tyrie

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-38879557

If all the New Bastards had voted against the Government might have lost.

We're learning that very few Tories are willing to die in a ditch for the EU.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Tables: https://www.icmunlimited.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/2017_guardian_feb2017_poll1.pdf

Lib Dems sixth among the current student cohort. "tuition fees" - ahem.
  • Options
    Black_RookBlack_Rook Posts: 8,905
    Corbyn's strategy makes perfect sense for a leader trying to hold the constituent parts of Labour's fragmented support base together - but this may transpire to be a futile exercise in the long run.

I continue to maintain that Labour is now, effectively, a cluster of several smaller parties, living within - and fighting for control over - one sickly body.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,360
    We know Corbyn is dumb, as I understand it that is a part of his charm, ahem. But focussing on Remainers would be a mistake. They are a diminishing band and will diminish even more when article 50 is actually utilised. Even among remainers there is an acceptance (with some notable exceptions on here) that the result of the referendum needs to be implemented. Corbyn is right to accept this. To do otherwise would be very damaging for the Labour Party.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Does anyone have a link to Commons Division results (other than Hansard which you have to wait hours for) - ie what Faisal Islam tweeted.

Can't find on Parliament website.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:
    All long time Eurosceptics and members of the Labour Safeguards group.
  • Options

Corbyn's strategy makes perfect sense for a leader trying to hold the constituent parts of Labour's fragmented support base together - but this may transpire to be a futile exercise in the long run.

I continue to maintain that Labour is now, effectively, a cluster of several smaller parties, living within - and fighting for control over - one sickly body.

Once Brexit is completed - where will all these UKIP working class voters go?

He's playing the long game instead of chasing the relatively small band of middle class, metropolitans that are obsessed with staying in the EU.
  • Options

dr_spyn said:
    I'm about 100 yards outside Kelvin Hopkins' seat, and went to hear him speak during the referendum, and thought he was very good. I distributed about 1,000 leaflets for Labour Leave in Luton.
  • Options

FPT:

tlg86 said:

sheesh

Fillon expenses
    Sarkozy suspected fraud
    Hamon Corbyn junior
    Macron closet gay
    Le Pen expenses

Brigitte is 24 years Macron's senior , 1953 and 1977.
  • Options
    OT. I read that polling as showing precisely the opposite Mike, namely that Labour has lost almost all support amongst Leave voters and has to find a means of turning that around. All the evidence is that the main post-election loss in Labour support has come disproportionately from Leave supporters. That's born out by two demographic splits. Firstly that Labour is now polling no better amongst C2DEs than it is amongst ABC1s, being 15% behind the Conservatives with both groups. Secondly that Labour is no less than 39% behind the Conservatives amongst 65+. (Latest YouGov). Both C2DEs and 65+ elderly are heavily Leave supporting.

Corbyn's strategy is wrong but not in the way you suggest, Mike. He's right to try and position Labour as a party that can once again appeal to Leave as well as Remain voters, just as the Conservatives have always done and managed to do in the referendum and beyond. But where he's wrong and indeed shows all the political nous of a 4 year old is in thinking he can somehow appeal to Leave voters while simultaneously making statements along the lines that immigration from the EU is not a problem, thus undermining the attempts of Keir Starmer and a host of others to redefine Labour's position on free movement. Until Corbyn moves his position radically on free movement (or is himself moved out) Labour's ability to appeal to most Leave voters will remain stillborn.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

He's playing the long game instead of chasing the relatively small band of middle class, metropolitans that are obsessed with staying in the EU.
    My guess is they'll split about 35% Con, 25% Lab, 10% Lib Dem, 30% won't vote.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

If Labour stays in the hands of the Corbynites then there's no way on Earth that the Labour to Ukip defectors are going back. Even if it doesn't then it's quite possible that most of them are lost to Labour anyway.

Red Ukip supporters and the Corbyn Far Left might be able to agree on a few areas e.g. throwing money at the NHS, but culturally and on many key planks of policy they are poles apart.
  • Options
    Chuka Umunna giving it the big red bus in parliament now.
  • Options
    Blue_rogBlue_rog Posts: 2,019
    I may be a bit premature but it looks like the art 50 bill will be passed unammended to the Lords. What's the chances of it coming back in the same state?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    MikeL said:

Does anyone have a link to Commons Division results (other than Hansard which you have to wait hours for) - ie what Faisal Islam tweeted.

It's the CommonsVotes app
  • Options
    @jessicaelgot: Another MP texts; "we've just voted to give ourselves less power to influence the final deal than the European Parliament #takebackcontrol"
  • Options
    I do wonder how many UKIP/Leave voters of today voted for Michael Foot back in the early 1980s.
  • Options
    Osborne broke a 3 line whip to miss tonight's vote :smile:
  • Options
    @JGForsyth: A clean bill out of the Commons will strengthen the govt's hand in the Lords. I suspect peers will be more reluctant to amend a clean bill
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763
    Scott_P said:

probably enjoying a lash of the whip elsewhere
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

MikeL said:

It's the CommonsVotes app
    Ah OK, thanks.

• Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    edited February 2017
    BBC story about the Brexit vote holds this absolute nugget:

"The UK's economy could be 3% smaller by 2030 than if Britain had voted Remain, according to forecasts in the IFS's annual Green Budget."

For there to be only a 3% difference 13 years down the road, how small does the fall in annual GDP growth have to be? 1.5% instead of 1.7%.

That is the economic armageddon we are supposed to dread. A fall in annual GDP GROWTH of 2 thousandths of the economy.

That is the equivalent of a person on 40k pa getting annual raises of 40 pence less per week than would otherwise be the case.
  • Options

chestnut said:

If Labour stays in the hands of the Corbynites then there's no way on Earth that the Labour to Ukip defectors are going back. Even if it doesn't then it's quite possible that most of them are lost to Labour anyway.

Red Ukip supporters and the Corbyn Far Left might be able to agree on a few areas e.g. throwing money at the NHS, but culturally and on many key planks of policy they are poles apart.
    Corbyn's position on open borders means Labour will get basically zero voters back from UKIP, its antithetical to the whole reason they left Labour in the first place.
  • Options

@JasonGroves1: George Osborne missed tonight's Brexit vote despite a three-line whip. Giving a speech on Brexit in Antwerp apparently...
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,966
    Off topic: This divorce ruling is utterly astounding - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-38891663
  • Options
    MTimT said:

"The UK's economy could be 3% smaller by 2030 than if Britain had voted Remain, according to forecasts in the IFS's annual Green Budget."

For there to be only a 3% difference 13 years down the road, how small does the fall in annual GDP growth have to be? 1.5% instead of 1.7%.

That is the economic armageddon we are supposed to dread. A fall in annual GDP GROWTH of 2 thousandths of the economy.

That is the equivalent of a person on 40k pa getting annual raises of 40 pence less per week than would otherwise be the case.

I was amazed Carney was still pumping the slower growth theme given how poor his forecasts have been to date. I would have thought he would want to let it gently disappear from view.
  • Options
    David_EvershedDavid_Evershed Posts: 6,506
    edited February 2017

tlg86 said:

I hope you support economic liberalism Thomas. We don't want the Lib Dems turned into Labour Lite or Socialism Lite.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Until Corbyn moves his position radically on free movement (or is himself moved out) Labour's ability to appeal to most Leave voters will remain stillborn.

The Tories have to deliver on this before 2020 so he could conceivably just leave them to do what is necessary and then define any 2020 GE campaign around workers' rights, the NHS, trade deals with Trump.

The Tories have to kill immigration and free movement as an issue.

I'm increasingly of the view that Corbyn needs May and Ruth Davidson to succeed to get Labour back in the game whilst he is there.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@JasonGroves1: George Osborne missed tonight's Brexit vote despite a three-line whip. Giving a speech on Brexit in Antwerp apparently...
    Belgium - famous for sexual deviancy
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Off topic: This divorce ruling is utterly astounding - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-38891663

Absolutely. I wonder why he didn't apply for a clean break at the time, did they not exist ?
  • Options
    The word forecast should be replaced with the word assumption in all political discussion.
  • Options

MTimT said:

I was amazed Carney was still pumping the slower growth theme given how poor his forecasts have been to date. I would have thought he would want to let it gently disappear from view.
    It's embarrassing.
  • Options

The word forecast should be replaced with the word assumption in all political discussion.

why ?

assumptions are the inputs to a forecast
  • Options

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_wild-ass_guess
  • Options

tlg86 said:

I hope you support economic liberalism Thomas. We don't want the Lib Dems turned into Labour Lite or Socialism Lite.
    Rational pragmatism is what I favour. And thanks for the welcome, btw.
  • Options

MTimT said:

3% by 2030 places Brexit alongside many other policy developments in terms of impact on GDP.
  • Options

why ?

assumptions are the inputs to a forecast
    And are therefore the most materially important factor.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

And the best part is you can keep fit delivering Focus leaflets :>
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    edited February 2017

Scott_P said:

Also chocolate and beer. Not to mention the cheapest cigars in Western Europe, inventing mayonnaise with chips and being able to run reasonably successfully without an elected government.

All told Belgium has some good things going for it. Shame the place is such a dump.
  • Options

I have to go there in March

Really? I hadn't heard that...
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Good one

though truth is he's not a minister.
  • Options

MTimT said:

3% by 2030 places Brexit alongside many other policy developments in terms of impact on GDP.
    except of course events will just wipe out all the nerdy assumptions people make.

a 2004 forecast for this year would be full of frothy "new economy" crap and ignore the great recession, Brexit and Trump

Why our forecast of 13 years hence should be more accurate eludes me.
  • Options

chestnut said:

Corbyn's position on open borders means Labour will get basically zero voters back from UKIP, its antithetical to the whole reason they left Labour in the first place.
    And you can add to that list the following issues on which Lab to Ukip defectors and the Corbynites would be liable to disagree:

Nuclear deterrence
    Support for the armed forces
    Social security entitlements
    Crime and public order
    Grammar schools
    Patriotism
    English votes for English laws
    Overseas aid
    Human rights

As I said, on most issues other than NHS worship these two groups almost inhabit different planets.
  • Options

MTimT said:

except of course events will just wipe out all the nerdy assumptions people make.

a 2004 forecast for this year would be full of frothy "new economy" crap and ignore the great recession, Brexit and Trump

quite my point, Alan. 3% is noise, we'll never feel the effect of it.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Also chocolate and beer. Not to mention the cheapest cigars in Western Europe, inventing mayonnaise with chips and being able to run reasonably successfully without an elected government.

All told Belgium has some good things going for it. Shame the place is such a dump.
    Mr L

good evening, hope 2017 is treating you well
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,908

OT. I read that polling as showing precisely the opposite Mike, namely that Labour has lost almost all support amongst Leave voters and has to find a means of turning that around. All the evidence is that the main post-election loss in Labour support has come disproportionately from Leave supporters. That's born out by two demographic splits. Firstly that Labour is now polling no better amongst C2DEs than it is amongst ABC1s, being 15% behind the Conservatives with both groups. Secondly that Labour is no less than 39% behind the Conservatives amongst 65+. (Latest YouGov). Both C2DEs and 65+ elderly are heavily Leave supporting.

Corbyn's strategy is wrong but not in the way you suggest, Mike. He's right to try and position Labour as a party that can once again appeal to Leave as well as Remain voters, just as the Conservatives have always done and managed to do in the referendum and beyond. But where he's wrong and indeed shows all the political nous of a 4 year old is in thinking he can somehow appeal to Leave voters while simultaneously making statements along the lines that immigration from the EU is not a problem, thus undermining the attempts of Keir Starmer and a host of others to redefine Labour's position on free movement. Until Corbyn moves his position radically on free movement (or is himself moved out) Labour's ability to appeal to most Leave voters will remain stillborn.

Yes - I also read it like that... If his vote with remainers had utterly collapsed that would hardly be an endorsement of current strategy.
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Brussels is a dump (save for an EU-related bubble where shaving razors are €300), other places less so.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,884
    Jezza has been for LEAVE for 40 years!

And he's won two landslide victories to to become/stay Lab leader.
  • Options
    glwglw Posts: 9,549
    MTimT said:

Blocking Facebook at work would add more to the economy than that.
  • Options
    glw said:

MTimT said:

Blocking Facebook at work would add more to the economy than that.
    getting rid of Osborne closed that gap in one fell swoop
  • Options
    rkrkrk said:

Yes - I also read it like that... If his vote with remainers had utterly collapsed that would hardly be an endorsement of current strategy.
    I think it's always the case with poor leadership that every new policy effort appears to be losing more voters than it adds; everything seems like a zero-sum game.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,768

FPT: Mr. T, not heard that one myself, but I have heard 'quite unique'.

*sighs*

What's wrong with 'quite unique' ?
    You'd be perfectly in order to describe one of two surviving examples of a Ming vase as 'not quite unique', and were you to smash one, the survivor would then be 'quite unique'.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

tlg86 said:

And the best part is you can keep fit delivering Focus leaflets :>

And the party colour is that of Hi-Vis jackets so you will be safe delivering leaflets at night. :)
  • Options
    Gove in full Vote Leave mode in the Commons.

He's like a catalyst for winding up the Labour benches, and seems to be thoroughly enjoying himself.
  • Options
    Guardian Poll with changes to last online VI poll before the referendum

Con 42 (+8)
    Lab 27 (-5)
    UKIP 12 (-5)
    LD 10 (+3)
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

Scott_P said:

Mr L

Wotcha, Mr. Brooke. Got the decorators in, which makes life bloody grizzly and the cat died last month so Herself is still in mourning and moping around the house. Oh, and my back is giving me major gip (am having to use a stick on my morning walk). On the bright side the local off-licence is doing a deal, a litre of The Grouse for seventeen quid, so at least the pain-killer is cheap, and my son hasn't asked for money for a good three weeks. On the whole, mustn't grumble,
  • Options

He's like a catalyst for winding up the Labour benches, and seems to be thoroughly enjoying himself.

Not sure "it'll wind up the lefties" is such a great reason for leaving the Single Market.

• Options

Scott_P said:

Mr L

Wotcha, Mr. Brooke. Got the decorators in, which makes life bloody grizzly and the cat died last month so Herself is still in mourning and moping around the house. Oh, and my back is giving me major gip (am having to use a stick on my morning walk). On the bright side the local off-licence is doing a deal, a litre of The Grouse for seventeen quid, so at least the pain-killer is cheap, and my son hasn't asked for money for a good three weeks. On the whole, mustn't grumble,
    Oh :(

Sad to hear about your kitty ;[
  • Options

Gove is the best argument for banning journalists from standing for parliament. The second best argument is Boris Johnson.
  • Options

MTimT said:

And my point in posting the forecast
  • Options

I remember how before the dot.coms imploded you used to get all sorts of mad Dow and Nasdaq forecasts, the people making them must have been huffing paint.
  • Options
    MTimT said:

MTimT said:

And my point in posting the forecast
    I'll have you know I care deeply about my 40p!

I'm in agreement of course.
  • Options

Not sure "it'll wind up the lefties" is such a great reason for leaving the Single Market.

I'm not sure why May gave up that particular position pre-negotiation. She could have at least used it as a throw away tool to avoid some sort of carry on or lump sum payment to the EU !
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

dr_spyn said:
    Why the fuck do they not join the Tories as they are just that ?
  • Options
    edited February 2017

does rubbing the lefts nose in our own culture sound better ?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985
    surbiton said:

dr_spyn said:
    Unspoofable :D
  • Options
    surbiton said:

dr_spyn said:

I don't know about the others, but I genuinely don't know why Kate Hoey is in the Labour party.

• Options
    chestnut said:

Guardian Poll with changes to last online VI poll before the referendum

Con 42 (+8)
    Lab 27 (-5)
    UKIP 12 (-5)
    LD 10 (+3)

That's quite something, so against all prevailing wisdom the Europe issue is working out very nicely for the Tories.
  • Options
    FishingFishing Posts: 4,561

MTimT said:

Doing something sensible on housing and the Green Belt would swamp any Brexit impact, and raise living standards for the JAMs ...
This discussion has been closed.