Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » UKIP’s leader, Doc Nuttall, no longer odds-on favourite to tak

123457»

Comments

• Options
    John_M said:

John_M said:

John_M said:

tlg86 said:

I see there is a lot of outrage about a foreign country deciding who they will and won't let in. I assume you'll all be boycotting the States for the next four years?

My passport is expired ;). I think it's the dual nationality thing that's vexed me. Hand on heart, I can't summon up any outrage over Sudan or Yemen etc. I think the Syria refugee ban is heartless mind.

It's not just dual nationality. If you are a British citizen solely but born in one of those countries you are covered by the ban. See the Brexit-supporting Tory MP for Stratford upon Avon.

I saw that. But I didn't see anything pertinent in the XO (I'm a bit tired, so may have missed it). I'm doing the old fashioned thing of waiting for some clarity. I appreciate that we might be on the verge of an American Fourth Reich, but it's a tad more likely that this is going to be a few days of diplomatic handbaggery and all will be well with our folk.

Of course. There will be clarifications and there will be backtracking and we'll all move on. Then Truump will do something else. We should be keeping as far away as possible from him, not walking hand in hand.

Our strategy should be to hug the administration, not Trump, distasteful though that may be to some. He's too much of a loose cannon. We also need to build bi-partisan relationships with the two Houses - don't want all our eggs in the Republican basket.

Otherwise, I agree (while rolling my eyes at your symbolism. I don't do symbols, must be a spectrum thing).
    Theresa May has great respect with the Republicans and that is where the power lies
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    She would have been briefed on all this during the flight
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

It is sickening to witness the snivelling, skin crawling, sinister sycophancy from the PB Leaver Trumptons ramp up a level with every passing day. The pathetic, cap-doffing snotty slugs sliming up to the Grade A twat is a truly disgusting spectacle. Eurgh.

You would make your case better if you were not so hysterical
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    Jobabob said:

It is sickening to witness the snivelling, skin crawling, sinister sycophancy from the PB Leaver Trumptons ramp up a level with every passing day. The pathetic, cap-doffing snotty slugs sliming up to the Grade A twat is a truly disgusting spectacle. Eurgh.

Why are you putting yourself through such an ordeal then? Plenty of other places that would be far more congenial to you.
  • Options
    BromptonautBromptonaut Posts: 1,113
    RobD said:

This is looking more likely by the hour: twitter.com/lburbo/status/824826090904489984

Posted two days ago :D
    And as I said, looking more likely following today's events.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990

RobD said:

This is looking more likely by the hour: twitter.com/lburbo/status/824826090904489984

Posted two days ago :D
    And as I said, looking more likely following today's events.
    Ah, the tweet rather than the account? My bad!
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,576

So, how comfortable are pb's Leavers tonight with Britain's current level of dependency on Donald Trump?

Entirely comfortable, given that there is no dependence.

I'm far less comfortable with her visiting Erdogan and the Saudis, given that they have *actually* killed thousands, but even in those cases I recognise it as the duty of a Head of Government.
  • Options
    DanSmith said:
    I particularly enjoyed this comment:

"I was so disgusted by Corbyn's unprincipled, uncritical waving through of a clearly dishonest UKIP/Tory Right/Daily Mail project that will make workers poorer I resigned a week ago. Cosing up to hatefilled xenophobes is unworthy of Labour. This deserves to be his everlasting mark of shame. Obviously he too thinks foreigners have three heads and are responsible for a failing NHS, undermanned police, overcrowded prisons, railway chaos, child poverty, homelessness, food banks, zero hour contracts, housing crisis, huge national and personal debt, money lending and gambling. Nothing to do with endless British mismanagement so he wants to vote with/ support/kowtow to the Tories. And of course he is scared of UKIP in the north. It won't help him. Pathetic man."
  • Options
    Hoping trump isn't watching bbc one, might give him some ideas for his new torture regime.
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    Midprices: Fillon 2.78, Macron 2.89, Le Pen 5.15, Juppé 39 , Hamon 49.5
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    PM's plane just landed. I suppose that she will be steered clear of the press for a while, unless she has the same sort of clowns managing her media as Corbyn.

Her response will be interesting re Nahim Zahawi and others.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,443
    DanSmith said:
    This comment is brilliant, and sums up Labour's problems over both policy and Corbyn's own ineptitude absolutely beautifully:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/28/jeremy-corbyn-faces-mutiny-over-article-50#comment-92091476
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990
    New thread!
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291

So, how comfortable are pb's Leavers tonight with Britain's current level of dependency on Donald Trump?

Entirely comfortable, given that there is no dependence.

I'm far less comfortable with her visiting Erdogan and the Saudis, given that they have *actually* killed thousands, but even in those cases I recognise it as the duty of a Head of Government.
    Having seen the front page of The Indy tonight, Trump is being condemned for torture, whilst Erdogan is given a free pass. - good to trade with his government. The press were full of stories from Turkey about the post coup behaviour of Turkish Police, as they were making arrests. Erdogan's mobs lynched some soldiers, so far Trump has not given licence for lynching in the US.
  • Options

As a gay man, how comfortable are you, Mr Meeks, with many Muslim countries' outright ban on gay relationships?
This discussion has been closed.