Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Macron still in 3rd place in French Presidential polling but i

Comments

• Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    Chris_A said:

Tim_B said:

Chris_A said:

Trump still can't stop himself from lying though. He wasn't at Turnberry on 22nd June. He only arrived in Scotland and the 23rd and visited there on the 24th.

That's the best you've got - really?
    Did I miss any more lies then?
    Why do I suspect that you're one of those who, after Trump walked on water, would complain that he couldn't swim.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,891
    Well done Laura K. I think she asked a question the majority of the country want answered. As for meeting the Queen....the demos will be HUGE!!

Does no one find talking about our 'SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP' rather cringeworthy
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    How are UKIP 15/1 to win Copeland?

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/#/politics/market/1.128848952

I don't understand that one at all. Surely Copeland is a straight Lab/Con fight, given UKIP are heavily focused on winning Stoke - and the rural blue leavers are back in the tory fold.

Am I missing something?
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    OT: The US winning hearts and minds at the UN. "Zere names will be on ze list".

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/27/world/americas/nikki-haley-united-nations.html?src=twr&smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    If we were confident we wouldn't need a special relationship. Then again we wouldn't need Brexit either.
  • Options
    Roger said:

Well done Laura K. I think she asked a question the majority of the country want answered. As for meeting the Queen....the demos will be HUGE!!

As will the security
  • Options
    Chris_AChris_A Posts: 1,237
    Tim_B said:

Chris_A said:

Tim_B said:

Chris_A said:

Trump still can't stop himself from lying though. He wasn't at Turnberry on 22nd June. He only arrived in Scotland and the 23rd and visited there on the 24th.

Why do I suspect that you're one of those who, after Trump walked on water, would complain that he couldn't swim.
    And I would supect that you're one of the ones who thinks he can walk on water.

Lying matters. He does it daily. Either he doesn't know he's doing it, or he does it deliberately knowing that if he repeats it often enough some of his more asinine followers will start to believe the lies. This is not just a one-off slip, it's day after day after day.

Whatever, it is it's worrying either way.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    John_M said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/27/world/americas/nikki-haley-united-nations.html?src=twr&smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur

She's not much of a diplomat.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,314
    Jonathan said:

If we were confident we wouldn't need a special relationship. Then again we wouldn't need Brexit either.

Much as I have been assured that no one is on tenterhooks, we do seem a bit too eager to have a special relationship. Not quite the English way of doing things but these are strange times.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

Speak for yourself. It is because we are confident we want to break free, have our own laws, contol our borders and strike trade deals with whoever we want, not some failing undemocratic bloc
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,079
    nunu said:

John_M said:

After her predecessor's histrionic approach to diplomacy she has a low bar.
  • Options
    JonathanDJonathanD Posts: 2,400
    Was there any talk of a trade deal in the press conference? That surely is the aspect of this visit that would be most beneficial to the UK.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,931
    Pong said:

I don't understand that one at all. Surely Copeland is a straight Lab/Con fight, given UKIP are heavily focused on winning Stoke - and the rural blue leavers are back in the tory fold.

Am I missing something?

I don't know about that, but The Tories traded 100 down to 34 in Stoke today.. that is a crazy market
  • Options
    Apparently 1 in 3 Californians wants to secede from the Union, many as a protest to Trump.

If California is excluded from the popular vote last November, Trump would have won the nationwide popular vote by over a million.

Clinton's majority in the state was almost 4.3 million. Her majority in NY state was almost 2.7 million.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,035
    Tim_B said:

Chris_A said:

Tim_B said:

Chris_A said:

If the story about the hotel and the hookers is true, it may not be 'water' he walks on... ;)
  • Options

Jonathan said:

Speak for yourself. It is because we are confident we want to break free, have our own laws, contol our borders and strike trade deals with whoever we want, not some failing undemocratic bloc
    Goodness you must have suffered for the past 40 years. Poor you what a blessed relief for you now to see freedom in sight.
  • Options
    isam said:

Pong said:

Am I missing something?

I don't know about that, but The Tories traded 100 down to 34 in Stoke today.. that is a crazy market
    As I don't bet why is that significant
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    Roger said:

You obviously do but you're hardly typical. Is it me alone who resents the idea that the unelected hack Laura K suddenly purports to speak for the British people when asking her question. It certainly makes me cringe as yet again the Liberal establishment demonstrate why people like Trump win elections.
  • Options
    felix said:

Roger said:

You obviously do but you're hardly typical. Is it me alone who resents the idea that the unelected hack Laura K suddenly purports to speak for the British people when asking her question. It certainly makes me cringe as yet again the Liberal establishment demonstrate why people like Trump win elections.
    why because a reporter asks a tough question?
  • Options
    felix said:

Roger said:

Ooh yes that's right Laura is now the enemy of the people.

Jeez I thought all we wanted was the right to eat straight bananas.
  • Options

isam said:

Pong said:

Am I missing something?

Well its quite a big move on Betfair 100/1 to 33/1, although I guess its only saying they have gone form 1% chance of winning to 3%

But Stoke is an amazing heat

Labour have traded 1.55 and 2.46
    UKIP 1.74 and 4.9
    LD 6.4 and 85
    Cons 9.2 and 160

The shrewdest man in the world could have laid to 148% and backed at 63%!!
  • Options

nunu said:

John_M said:

After her predecessor's histrionic approach to diplomacy she has a low bar.
    and she's tripping over it.
  • Options

isam said:

Pong said:

Am I missing something?

It isn't quite as impressive as it looks - it means that the Conservatives were given a 1% chance of winning Stoke Central and now they're given a 3% chance of winning.
  • Options
    There's a lot of disappointed posters on pb tonight. On broadband you can hear the gritted teeth.
  • Options
    nunu said:

felix said:

Roger said:

No because she referenced it as if she was speaking for British people. She doesn't speak for me. Maybe you should try reading what I wrote before jumping on your high horse.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

Goodness you must have suffered for the past 40 years. Poor you what a blessed relief for you now to see freedom in sight.
    I voted remain but welcome the opportunity to make our own laws - if it is good enough for the Scots it is good enough for us
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

felix said:

Roger said:

- or only those that bend to the right.
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    Roger said:

Only tedious lefties...
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

Pong said:

Am I missing something?

Well its quite a big move on Betfair 100/1 to 33/1, although I guess its only saying they have gone form 1% chance of winning to 3%

But Stoke is an amazing heat

Labour have traded 1.55 and 2.46
    UKIP 1.74 and 4.9
    LD 6.4 and 85
    Cons 9.2 and 160

The shrewdest man in the world could have laid to 148% and backed at 63%!!
    Thanks for that but it is only a small move in winning the seat but big in betting
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

felix said:

Roger said:

Not an enemy of the people just a reporter hack after another award. It obviously riles you no end that people in both the USA and the UK gave you the 2 fingers. Suck it up.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

I voted remain but welcome the opportunity to make our own laws - if it is good enough for the Scots it is good enough for us
    Excellent finally you can spread your wings and be all you can be.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

felix said:

Roger said:

The EU fixed that issue years ago. We can also eat misshapen aubergines, deformed plums and asymmetrical apples. Hail Juncker!
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    Roger said:

Only as cringeworthy as you waxing lyrical about our 'SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP' with the EU, which we voted to leave.
  • Options
    @ThreeQuidder

Roger

"Well done Laura K. I think she asked a question the majority of the country want answered. As for meeting the Queen....the demos will be HUGE!!

Does no one find talking about our 'SPECIAL RELATIONSHIP' rather cringeworthy'

Only tedious lefties...'

Special Relationship only allowed when it's a Labour PM & Democrat president.

• Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

Think I have already done that in my 73 years having travelled round the world 10 times in the last 10 years, have a great family and four grandchildren, and am retired in a beautiful Welsh Victorian Seaside Town
  • Options
    johnzims said:

@ThreeQuidder

Roger

"Well done Laura K. I think she asked a question the majority of the country want answered. As for meeting the Queen....the demos will be HUGE!!

Only tedious lefties...'

As a leftie, I liked the Cameron/Obama relationship (and found Gordon's desperation towards Obama excruciating to watch).
  • Options
    rural_voterrural_voter Posts: 2,038
    JohnO said:

SeanT said:

Trump did fine there. He was actually quite funny in places.

Intriguing.

Glad it wasn't just me who drew that conclusion. Trump could indeed be a transformative President - he is tearing up the old rule book of the US's place in the world and how it sees itself. My guess for the future is that he will secure some very big wins through to the medium term but hubris will, as hubris always does, will mean that he will overreach himself at some point and probably disastrously so. But on what?

Never seen anything like it in over 40 years observing politics. What's that Chinese curse?
    May you live in interesting times?

Trump is perhaps reminiscent of the spectre of President Goldwater in 1964. I remember my parents talking nervously about it, only two years after the Cuban missile crisis. This time the nightmare's come true.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,004
    I have a theory: the happy man is the man who knows what he cannot control, and is OK with it.
  • Options
    scotslassscotslass Posts: 912
    Chris_A
    6:55PM

Well picked up. Strange none of the press did.
  • Options
    Ishmael_ZIshmael_Z Posts: 8,981
    Roger said:

Of course it is cringeworthy, but it's traditional; see Private Eye cartoons of Wilson licking LBJ's arse and Blair fellating GWB. We have been banging on about it for so long that to cease to bang on about it would be a hostile diplomatic move in its own right. To say that we are the poor relations would of course be more accurate.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    scotslass said:

Chris_A
    6:55PM

Well picked up. Strange none of the press did.

https://twitter.com/mikeysmith/status/825065055632912384
  • Options

johnzims said:

@ThreeQuidder

Roger

Only tedious lefties...'

As a leftie, I liked the Cameron/Obama relationship (and found Gordon's desperation towards Obama excruciating to watch).
    To be fair you're one of the most balanced 'lefties' on here :)
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Actually I think it was Trump who looked quite nervous and actually for once sounded more reasonable than his usual bombast. Maybe he is waking up to reality
  • Options
    12 months ago - who would have predicted either May or Trump?
  • Options

There's a lot of disappointed posters on pb tonight. On broadband you can hear the gritted teeth.

Nah, you've probably got mice.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

I have a theory: the happy man is the man who knows what he cannot control, and is OK with it.

Perhaps a loose variant of:

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
  • Options
    felix said:

nunu said:

felix said:

Roger said:

No because she referenced it as if she was speaking for British people. She doesn't speak for me. Maybe you should try reading what I wrote before jumping on your high horse.
    Don't be so sensitive. She was right with her implication many people in Britain will be concerned about his announcements. Chill.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

Think I have already done that in my 73 years having travelled round the world 10 times in the last 10 years, have a great family and four grandchildren, and am retired in a beautiful Welsh Victorian Seaside Town
    OMG. Not Llandudno?
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    rcs1000 said:

In a sense I disagree. I think one should die happy, but humble, realizing what he has accomplished, but unhappy for the hard questions he has been trying to find answers to, and failed, so far.
  • Options
    nunu said:

felix said:

nunu said:

felix said:

Roger said:

Don't be so sensitive. She was right with her implication many people in Britain will be concerned about his announcements. Chill.
    The presser will be gone and forgotten in less than 24 hours. In the mean time, it's something to keep Twitter in its perpetual state of righteous indignation. Ce n'est rien.
  • Options
    nunu said:

felix said:

nunu said:

felix said:

Roger said:

It is not her place to speak for the British people - that's why we have elections - I know that many on the left are very frustrated about that at the moment but there you go. The world was better when the press reported the news instead of always trying to make it.
  • Options
    Chris_A said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

OMG. Not Llandudno?
    He did say beautiful.......
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    John_M said:

rcs1000 said:

Perhaps a loose variant of:

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
    Well as long as Robert knew he shouldn't change the sentiment, but it was cool to change the words, he was ok!
  • Options
    Chris_A said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

OMG. Not Llandudno?
    The beautiful Queen of resorts with so much to offer
  • Options
    Private Eye's next cover?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround/38767802
  • Options

Chris_A said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

OMG. Not Llandudno?
    When I met Jenny, we seriously considered Llandudno, it's only three hours from London. There are worse commutes. We settled for staying in Monmouthshire because: Haberdashers, and it's a two hour journey. I'm very envious of you, it's a lovely area.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,035
    Tim_B said:

Chris_A said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

OMG. Not Llandudno?
    He did say beautiful.......
    I was going to suggest Barry Island.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,786
    Roger said:

Well done Laura K.

She's very very good.

• Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    Roger said:
    Decades ago I saw a cartoon with Enoch Powell in that very posture saying racist-ly "and some of them are this big". I can't remember what that 'toon had him actually referring to.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Scott_P said:
    I wonder what Trump did to her just before they came into the picture. Well, his boasts about women.....................
  • Options
    Ishmael_Z said:

Chris_A said:

A killer point. If he has not resigned by this time tomorrow, impeachment is nailed on. Bet accordingly.
    It'll never, ever, beat this "mis-speaking": https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/05/23/recalling-hillary-clintons-claim-of-landing-under-sniper-fire-in-bosnia/?utm_term=.b0606948328f
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,028
    edited January 2017
    Macron has to get to the final two first and at the moment all the polls have it Le Pen v Fillon in the run off. Given Macron's statement today following May's meeting with Trump that the UK was no a 'vassal state' of the U.S. post Brexit UK should certainly hope that Fillon or even Le Pen win the French Presidency when Brexit talks start, not the EU Federalist Macron
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKBN15B16C?client=ms-android-orange-gb
  • Options
    nunu said:

felix said:

nunu said:

felix said:

Roger said:

I thought it was a fair enough question, and I'm not overly minded to care too much about the president of another country's views.
  • Options
    Hope May didn't crush his tiny hands.
  • Options
    OmniumOmnium Posts: 9,786
    surbiton said:

Scott_P said:
    I wonder what Trump did to her just before they came into the picture. Well, his boasts about women.....................
    Mr Surbiton - this is our PM.

• Options

nunu said:

felix said:

nunu said:

felix said:

Roger said:

I thought it was a fair enough question, and I'm not overly minded to care too much about the president of another country's views.
    I think everyone's become overly sensitive.
  • Options
    Jonathan said:

You have to ask, was it the chivalrous act of a gentleman helping a woman who has a cold and might be unsteady, or was it a strong woman helping a geriatric old man down the stairs...
  • Options
    Darren Bent is Jeremy Corbyn
  • Options
    logical_songlogical_song Posts: 9,721

Scott_P said:
    Actually I think it was Trump who looked quite nervous and actually for once sounded more reasonable than his usual bombast. Maybe he is waking up to reality
    Is that Madame Tussauds?
  • Options
    John_M said:

Chris_A said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

OMG. Not Llandudno?
    When I met Jenny, we seriously considered Llandudno, it's only three hours from London. There are worse commutes. We settled for staying in Monmouthshire because: Haberdashers, and it's a two hour journey. I'm very envious of you, it's a lovely area.
    It is quite fabulous.

As we drive over the Little Orme and see the wonderful arc of the bay with it's Victorian Hotels and then the Great Orme standing high we are just so grateful that we have lived and worked here for over 52 years
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    Tip for editors: stop assuming leaders of foreign elites will appreciate it as a huge favour if they're allowed to meet the "queen" and get their photos taken with her in public.

From an editorial in the Independent:

"So far as a deal is concerned, Mr Trump wangled a public invitation for a state visit to the UK later this year, complete with the usual pomp, ceremony and photo opportunities with the Queen."

He "wangled" it. What a favour he is receiving. He doesn't deserve it, but we know how the little darling likes it. How we smiled as we let him have it. Just don't ask us a second time, mind! And we'll consider letting you ride a horse in Windsor Great Park if you're a good boy!

Who is laughing at whom? Who is patronising whom?
  • Options

Hypothetically, if Jeremy Corbyn were run over by a canary tomorrow, who would be the next Labour leader? Who would the erstwhile Corbyn supporters coalesce around?

The bungling burgon
  • Options

John_M said:

Chris_A said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

OMG. Not Llandudno?
    It is quite fabulous.

As we drive over the Little Orme and see the wonderful arc of the bay with it's Victorian Hotels and then the Great Orme standing high we are just so grateful that we have lived and worked here for over 52 years
    I used to live in St Asaph and often kicked about all along that coast. Underrated part of the country in my view.
  • Options

Hypothetically, if Jeremy Corbyn were run over by a canary tomorrow, who would be the next Labour leader? Who would the erstwhile Corbyn supporters coalesce around?

The bungling burgon
    Wouldn't get nominated.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

What makes people so sure that Le Pen will be in the final two ? It could be Fillon vs Macron. Or, even, Macron vs Le Pen [ if she narrowly beats Fillon ]

As all the polls now have Le Pen ahead on 25%+
  • Options

Chris_A said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

OMG. Not Llandudno?
    We might be related!
  • Options

Scott_P said:
    Is that Madame Tussauds?
    Actually quite a few on the US chanels are commenting that he looked nervous and came over much better
  • Options
    Le Pen is mightier than the ...
  • Options
    DromedaryDromedary Posts: 1,194
    edited January 2017
    HYUFD said:

Macron has to get to the final two first and at the moment all the polls have it Le Pen v Fillon in the run off. Given Macron's statement today following May's meeting with Trump that the UK was no a 'vassal state' of the U.S. post Brexit UK should certainly hope that Fillon or even Le Pen win the French Presidency when Brexit talks start, not the EU Federalist Macron
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKBN15B16C?client=ms-android-orange-gb

Rushing to a foreign country that keeps military bases in Britain to praise its new head of government shortly after his inauguration isn't pathetic? Funny how no-one does it when there's a new prime minister in Britain. Vive la France!
  • Options
    YBarddCwscYBarddCwsc Posts: 7,172

John_M said:

Chris_A said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

OMG. Not Llandudno?
    It is quite fabulous.

The Bronze Age copper mine on the Great Orme is the most remarkable & astonishing thing I have visited in the UK over the last decade.

• Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,465
    Roger said:

Yes. I've always found it so. Would still be if under other circumstances it was Cameron standing with Clinton. It's just a silly thing that gets trotted out.
  • Options
    Dromedary said:

Tip for editors: stop assuming leaders of foreign elites will appreciate it as a huge favour if they're allowed to meet the "queen" and get their photos taken with her in public.

"So far as a deal is concerned, Mr Trump wangled a public invitation for a state visit to the UK later this year, complete with the usual pomp, ceremony and photo opportunities with the Queen."

He "wangled" it. What a favour he is receiving. He doesn't deserve it, but we know how the little darling likes it. How we smiled as we let him have it. Just don't ask us a second time, mind! And we'll consider letting you ride a horse in Windsor Great Park if you're a good boy!

The Independent of course is so Trump and Brexit minded
  • Options

Darren Bent is Jeremy Corbyn

Back from the dead!
  • Options
    John_M said:

John_M said:

Chris_A said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

OMG. Not Llandudno?
    It is quite fabulous.

I used to live in St Asaph and often kicked about all along that coast. Underrated part of the country in my view.
    Yes it is our secret
  • Options
    John_M said:

John_M said:

Chris_A said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

OMG. Not Llandudno?
    It is quite fabulous.

I used to go to school in Penmaenmawr. I used to spend alternate Sundays on day release around the Great Orme. What happened to the Gogarth Hotel Big G?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Jonathan said:

You have to ask, was it the chivalrous act of a gentleman helping a woman who has a cold and might be unsteady, or was it a strong woman helping a geriatric old man down the stairs...
    Or a woman grabbing onto him in case he tries to grab somewhere else?
  • Options
    RoyalBlueRoyalBlue Posts: 3,223

John_M said:

Chris_A said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

OMG. Not Llandudno?
    It is quite fabulous.

You are so lucky. I will always remember climbing to the top of the Great Orme and looking west across the mouth of the Conwy at the walled town, shafts of light breaking through the clouds. I could have been in Middle Earth!
  • Options
    Roger said:

John_M said:

John_M said:

Chris_A said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

OMG. Not Llandudno?
    It is quite fabulous.

I used to go to school in Penmaenmawr. I used to spend alternate Sundays on day release around the Great Orme. What happened to the Gogarth Hotel Big G?
    Do you mean the hotel on top of the Orme?
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Scott_P said:
    A woman always wants to know where Trump has his tiny hands....
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Dromedary said:

HYUFD said:

Rushing to a foreign country that keeps military bases in Britain to praise its new head of government shortly after his inauguration isn't pathetic? Funny how no-one does it when there's a new prime minister in Britain. Vive la France!
    The U.S. is the most powerful nation on earth and the largest single destination for UK exports, of course May accepted the invite of the POTUS. It is now abundantly clear that Macron is a Junker stooge, even worse than Hollande from a UK perspective and would be an even more anti British French President than Dr Gaulle. Vive La France indeed but hopefully Fillon or even Le Pen's France, we should certainly hope Macron loses this election before the Brexit talks begin
  • Options
    Dromedary said:

It's pretty obvious Trump likely the pomp and circumstance of meeting the Queen. Great for his ego.

Sure, other people might find it a drag. But it's a very cheap bargaining chip for May!
  • Options

A woman always wants to know where Trump has his tiny hands....

Talking of which

https://twitter.com/joabaldwin/status/825051188550787072
  • Options
    Chris_A said:

Roger said:

John_M said:

John_M said:

Chris_A said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

OMG. Not Llandudno?
    It is quite fabulous.

The Gogarth Abbey, the holiday home of Alice Liddell, the little girl who inspired Alice in Wonderland, was demolished and turned into luxury flats in 2004. Sad really
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    Faisal Islam is Scott P
  • Options

Chris_A said:

Roger said:

John_M said:

John_M said:

Chris_A said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Jonathan said:

OMG. Not Llandudno?
    It is quite fabulous.

The Gogarth Abbey, the holiday home of Alice Liddell, the little girl who inspired Alice in Wonderland, was demolished and turned into luxury flats in 2004. Sad really
    Correction - was demolished in 2008 and is waiting planning for luxury flats but still sad
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited January 2017
    Scott_P said:
    His lies are all so weird as often needless and he doesn't give himself the usual politician "out"...if he had said he predicted brexit and arrived as it came true...he gets the message out just the same while being able to debate the exactness of that.
  • Options
    edited January 2017

His lies are all so weird as often needless and he doesn't give himself the usual politician "out"...if he had said he predicted brexit and arrived as it came true...you could debate the exactness of that.

Not lies !

Alternative facts...
This discussion has been closed.