Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » How Team Corbyn screwed up JC’s big day and reduced even furth

13»

Comments

• Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941
    edited December 2016
    I'm going to go and see if I can find the former PM!
    https://twitter.com/TheNationalUAE/status/809254882410659840
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    @PlatoSaid 12:34PM

I gave up on Jessica Jones on about E8, ditto Man of High Castle. I simply didn't care about the characters enough to endure the crap plot pace.

The Man In The High Castle starts Season 2 tomorrow night. I'm going to keep going with it hoping that it picks up a bit.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,403
    @SeanT if you want a Savile Row suit (do you really?) then go to Dege or Jones, Chalk and Dawson, or Welsh & Jefferies or Redwood and Feller (Victoria).

Each has a house style that you can see on their websites.

Huntsman recently changed hands but of course was the daddy. No idea of their approach now.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    HYUFD said:

Pulpstar It was California which won it for Clinton, Trump led the popular vote until its votes came in

That is simply an artifact of how slowly California counts, all the votes were cast before Nov 8th.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    GeoffM said:

I gave up on Jessica Jones on about E8, ditto Man of High Castle. I simply didn't care about the characters enough to endure the crap plot pace.

The Man In The High Castle starts Season 2 tomorrow night. I'm going to keep going with it hoping that it picks up a bit.

Narcos S2 is just as good as S1 - loved it.
  • Options
    PAWPAW Posts: 1,074
    Luckyguy1983 - just thinking it would be a card to play - Germany and the EU countries are saying 60 billion fine to leave the EU, maximum damage they can cause us - the German Foreign minister declaring refusal to take Romanian immigrants will be an unfriendly act - bear in mind http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/europe-responds-to-trump-win-with-nuclear-deterrent-debate-a-1125186.html.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

HYUFD said:

Pulpstar It was California which won it for Clinton, Trump led the popular vote until its votes came in

That is simply an artifact of how slowly California counts, all the votes were cast before Nov 8th.
    You mean the West coast counts its votes later than most of the rest of country.

*Shocked*
  • Options
    New Poll from France:

Confirms a window is open for Macron, to take second behind Fillon if:

- there is no improvement in the PS position (and preferably Montebourg wins)
    - Bayrou backs Macron
    - the FN decline slightly.

At 6/1 I think this is to short.
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Enjoyed Season One - Berlin Station has been pretty gripping too.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    '1. Governments usually improve their position from mid-term to the election.
    2. Mori has been the most favourable of the pollsters to Lab. Other polls have them 15-17% behind.
    3. If the Lib Dems are going big on Remain, Lab will be hit harder than Con on that score. Indeed, Farron is positioning his party very well to pick up disillusioned mainstream Lab voters (and MPs, potentially). '

1.Governments with big mid-term leads do not usually improve their position at the following election - indeed the opposite tends to be true.Even the 1983 Tory landslide was less overwhelming than the polls were showing a year earlier. In April 1992 the Tories fell well short of the polling leads of Jan/Feb 1989 - despite having ditched Thatcher. Similarly the big mid-term polling leads enjoyed by Labour in both the 1997 anf 2001 Parliaments were not reflected in the subsequent general election. Whilst Blair managed a second landslide in 2001 , he fell well short of the increased majority predicted by the polls both before and during the election campaign.
    2. Mori has not really been the best pollster for Labour (Opinium perhaps deserves that label!) - rather it has been the most volatile. It has produced the biggest Tory lead - 18% in October - as well as smaller margins.It has, however, in recent months tended to be the best pollster for the LibDems!
    3. It is all very well the LibDems going big on Remain.If it is not a salient issue - and I doubt that it will be - any electoral dividends will be very limited.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,562
    PAW said:

Luckyguy1983 - just thinking it would be a card to play - Germany and the EU countries are saying 60 billion fine to leave the EU, maximum damage they can cause us - the German Foreign minister declaring refusal to take Romanian immigrants will be an unfriendly act - bear in mind http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/europe-responds-to-trump-win-with-nuclear-deterrent-debate-a-1125186.html.

I think there are great opportunities for economic cooperation with Russia - a comparatively undeveloped economy with vast natural resources.

Sadly, it looks like we're pissing them off to tow the US line, but if Trump gets his way, the US will have a re-set, and we'll be left looking like utter fuckwits as usual. Fallon, May et al chuntering on about it still is just not a good look.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    The leavers, you might imagine, would be brimming with seasonal good cheer. For some, this is the culmination of a life’s political work. They should be dancing in the streets. Instead, gripped by a fear that verges on paranoia, they see dark plots and dastardly conspiracies in every doorway.

Mrs May is fond of saying “Brexit means Brexit”. But it is easy to see how a transitional arrangement could turn into a final destination — that, even as Britain formally departs the EU not much else changes. Nor is it impossible to imagine that a recession would see popular support for Brexit waning fast.

The clear probability is that Britain will indeed leave the union but, to borrow from John Maynard Keynes, faced with some uncomfortable facts, the people might just change their minds. There resides the real source of the Brexiters’ neuroses. It has nothing to do with plots or conspiracies. It is called, simply, democracy.

https://www.ft.com/content/7b9bd4fc-c20d-11e6-9bca-2b93a6856354
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,167
    TWR or alternatively Le Pen could take first and Montebourg third if Valls wins PS nomination and Bayrou also runs
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    Pulpstar No matter now long it took to count Trump won the popular vote in the non-California US
  • Options
    Try running it through a supermarket scanner?
  • Options
    HYFUD

Perhaps you mean Mélenchon - who could feasibly come third.

At the moment the top two is always Fillon & Le Pen.
  • Options
    Jesus Christ. WTHolyF?

Tear up your Jarvis betslips:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?sns=em&v=uY-FhQFnl1w
  • Options
    @tnewtondunn: No10: PM's "intention" is to do EU exit deal and new trade arrangement within Article 50 time frame. I predict they will regret saying this.
  • Options
    @SkyNewsBreak: Sky plc - the owner of Sky News - has reached an agreement for takeover by 21st Century Fox
  • Options
    Lucky Guy's Christmas Whisky Recommendations.

Glenlivet Nadurra Peated Edition: - Not made with peated barley, just finished in peated casks, giving virtually no smoke on the nose but a beautiful subtle smokiness combined with richness on the palate.
    Dewars 12 year old: - Delicious underrated blend; 12 years is the age of the youngest whisky in there don't forget
    Naked Grouse: - standard blend given an additional 5 year maturation in first fill sherry casks - excellent value dram
    Glencadam Origin - non age statement but still delicious and gentle dram from a relatively unknown distillery, finished in Oloroso sherry butts
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@tnewtondunn: No10: PM's "intention" is to do EU exit deal and new trade arrangement within Article 50 time frame. I predict they will regret saying this.

Well, they could hardly say they were going to do it "outside" the time frame, could they?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

The leavers, you might imagine, would be brimming with seasonal good cheer. For some, this is the culmination of a life’s political work. They should be dancing in the streets. Instead, gripped by a fear that verges on paranoia, they see dark plots and dastardly conspiracies in every doorway.

Mrs May is fond of saying “Brexit means Brexit”. But it is easy to see how a transitional arrangement could turn into a final destination — that, even as Britain formally departs the EU not much else changes. Nor is it impossible to imagine that a recession would see popular support for Brexit waning fast.

The clear probability is that Britain will indeed leave the union but, to borrow from John Maynard Keynes, faced with some uncomfortable facts, the people might just change their minds. There resides the real source of the Brexiters’ neuroses. It has nothing to do with plots or conspiracies. It is called, simply, democracy.

https://www.ft.com/content/7b9bd4fc-c20d-11e6-9bca-2b93a6856354

How often have we heard this bollocks before? Leavers haven't fought a massively successful insurgent campaign against all the odds only to be brushed aside by the powers that be, and not to worry their pretty heads about what actually emerges. As our esteemed PM said, 'Come On..'.
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    BudGBudG Posts: 711
    HYUFD said:

TWR or alternatively Le Pen could take first and Montebourg third if Valls wins PS nomination and Bayrou also runs

How can Montebourg take third if Valls has knocked him out by winning the PS nomination?
  • Options
    Melenchon I meant
This discussion has been closed.