Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » White House Race round-up

Comments

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,146
    edited October 2016

Boom

The significant thing is that in the two-way Clinton is still below 50% at 49%. In my view you can put the majority of the don't knows down as shy Trumpers.
  • Options
    619619 Posts: 1,784

Boom

The significant thing is that in the two-way Clinton is still below 50% at 49%. In my view you can put the majority of the don't knows down as shy Trumpers.
    or non voters. Which is normally what happens.
  • Options
    nielh said:

It seems to me that there is a massive move under way by those who reject leave, both in the UK and abroad, and in the courts to frustrate the will of the people in a democratic vote

The one re-assuring constant that we have in Theresa May is a leader who is not going to be pushed around by the elite and the remoaner's , but will stand strong and fight the battle for the 'little people' and ensure democracy is respected in this wonderful country of ours

I would not be too sure about the latter. May has postured and essentially dithered on Brexit. She has bent to the will of the tory party by setting a date to trigger article 50, and now made multiple concessions to parliament on debating the negotiating position. She gets the issues, but in making decisions she is a Merkel style ditherer. And she is in a very weak position.

No single person has the ability to lead us through this mess, it is a totally impossible situation. The logical response to Brexit was - in my view - a period of reflection on the different options we could try and pursue as a country before taking any formal action. If I recall correctly, this was the position actually advocated by the last Sunday times editorial before the referendum. In the coming weeks, as the complexities play themselves out, these ideas will resurface again.

This is not dithering or sabotage, it is coming to terms with the gravity of a decision, and is entirely necessary given the unfortunate mess made by Cameron in failing to make any preperations for a leave vote, which has always been more than possible.

I believe it is very likely that the government will fall and there will be a further general election, and it will be some time before we formally trigger article 50.
    I do not think the government will fall over this unless they were to lose a vote on A50 in the HOC.

The mood music coming out of today's court case re the serving of A50 does not seem good for those taking the action and anyone voting against the referendum result in the HOC could find their constituents terminating their future career
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    PlatoSaid said:

Spiked
    Wanna know how out of touch Labour is? See @EmilyThornberry on #bbcqt getting booed for defaming the demos as stupid and uninformed #brexit

:smiley:

And this is a London audience as well.
  • Options

Fkn hell, think how big the Clinton lead would be if she hadn't comprehensively lost the 2nd debate.
    Indeed, I hope you're not drinking anything at the moment as I don't want you to have to purchase a new keyboard, but here's more evidence of the African American surge for Trump that's going to win him The White House

https://twitter.com/jsavite/status/786301833241387008
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,444
    edited October 2016

Boom

The picture it paints is of people turning away from Trump with more of them looking for third party candidates so as not to have to back Clinton. That looks entirely credible to me.
  • Options
    SaltireSaltire Posts: 525
    538 have an article up which has Evan McMullin as the 3rd most likely person to become the next president.
    Not sure how likely this is (1000/1 with Ladbrokes) but he looks a decent bet to win Utah (6/1) if not the whole thing

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-evan-mcmullin-could-win-utah-and-the-presidency/
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Remoaners getting crucified on QT tonight.
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    Didn't take long for Unilever to cave in, hopefully other supermarkets will follow Tesco's example.

Tesco and Unilever end price dispute - BBC News
    www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37650234
    3 hours ago - The BBC understands Unilever gave some ground to resolve issues ... Tesco and Unilever end price dispute ... Tesco v Unilever live updates.
  • Options
    619619 Posts: 1,784
    Trumps african american voters come out

https://twitter.com/TSEofPB/status/786301833241387008
  • Options

Fkn hell, think how big the Clinton lead would be if she hadn't comprehensively lost the 2nd debate.
    Indeed, I hope you're not drinking anything at the moment as I don't want you to have to purchase a new keyboard, but here's more evidence of the African American surge for Trump that's going to win him The White House

Vg.
    I guess 'the' black guy is locked in a room somewhere e-mailing his weekly response to the LA times poll.
  • Options
    Alex Salmond absolutely dying on QT
  • Options
    chestnut said:

Oakeshott is nevertheless an unpleasant piece of work.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,427
    chestnut said:

Will be exact opposite in five years time as the economic disaster unfolds.
  • Options

chestnut said:

Will be exact opposite in five years time as the economic disaster unfolds.
    Said, Austerity 2011.
  • Options
    ThrakThrak Posts: 494
    Saltire said:

538 have an article up which has Evan McMullin as the 3rd most likely person to become the next president.
    Not sure how likely this is (1000/1 with Ladbrokes) but he looks a decent bet to win Utah (6/1) if not the whole thing

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-evan-mcmullin-could-win-utah-and-the-presidency/

Definitely worth a bet for Utah (though not for president).
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,956
    chestnut said:

They really are.

And more specifically, I have never seen such a negative reaction to everything said by the Labour Party representative.
  • Options

He followed the line of his civil servants. Ominous now at a remainer Treasury team.

Quite so, Mr. Betting. I rather suspect that Hammond is a talking suit, a ventriloquist's dummy that is controlled by his own civil servants. Unfortunately those civil servants at the Treasury have had nearly twenty years of being allowed to run wild and ignore their actual jobs. Hammond may be the best TM had available but the UK really needs someone with some backbone, but who is not a megalomaniac trying to run the whole of government, to get a grip of HMT and get it to concentrate on its job.
    Just look at who is the top Treasury civil servant.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/03/11/camerons-brexit-adviser-chosen-as-new-treasury-mandarin/

"Cameron's Brexit adviser chosen as new Treasury mandarin "
    "the man who negotiated the UK's deal with the EU ahead of the June 23 referendum"

No wonder the Treasury are a major problem for the rest of the Govt over Brexit.

Mrs May needs to fire this man.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

chestnut said:

They really are.

And more specifically, I have never seen such a negative reaction to everything said by the Labour Party representative.
    If it's this bad in London, what's it like for them elsewhere?
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Mortimer said:

chestnut said:

They really are.

Is there a PB meet scheduled soon? You must be due a few hundred drinks Andy, in thanks for your spreadsheet. I owe you a good few rounds myself.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Mortimer said:

chestnut said:

They really are.

Hendon is a Tory part of London and, perhaps more relevant, a very Jewish area. Of all communities the Jewish community is the least impressed with Labour right now.
  • Options
    I was joking earlier that the gorilla that escaped had heard about the Marmite shortages. Apparently the think he went ape because he had been put on a diet* !!!

* not a joke.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

AndyJS said:

Mortimer said:

chestnut said:

They really are.

Hendon is a Tory part of London and, perhaps more relevant, a very Jewish area. Of all communities the Jewish community is the least impressed with Labour right now.
    Nah, Con gain Bootle.
  • Options

I was joking earlier that the gorilla that escaped had heard about the Marmite shortages. Apparently the think he went ape because he had been put on a diet* !!!

* not a joke.

Brexit rations?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    IanB2 said:

AndyJS said:

Mortimer said:

chestnut said:

They really are.

IanB2 said:

AndyJS said:

Mortimer said:

chestnut said:

They really are.

More seriously, QT audiences are designed to be pretty reflective of a broad range of opinions. They are good reflections of the demos in general - which is why it remains a watchable programme that parties send serious reps to.
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    RobD said:

Y0kel said:

Nice to see Russia Today detailing contents of Wikileaks dumps before Wikileaks dumps them.

Anyone still have doubts?

Wikileaks was once a great standard bearer for freedom, exposing corrupt western governments and the terrible things they do to their citizens, according to left wing liberals.

Those left wing liberals should be eating s**t now. They didn't listen and refused to see because they had their head up their arses.

Or perhaps they gave the press a preview to boost publicity, as happens with many embargoed reports etc.
    Wikileaks is not known for sending out stories with embargos...they are too obsessed with their self importance to let anyone get the exclusive on their valuable work. Secondly if the leaks are related to US politicians wouldn't the best location to throw the teasers out to be US media outlets?

They must as thick as s**t as well then.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited October 2016
    Saltire said:

Interesting, but I'm not tempted by either 1000/1 or 6/1.

538 make him somewhere between 33/1 & 9/1 to win utah

Then between 40/1 & 60/1 for there to be a deadlocked EC

So that's at least 400/1 before we start discussing the twelfth amendment.

In a deadlocked EC, would he really be 6/4 to be POTUS?

I'd expect trump to throw his principles under a bus and sign up to whatever agenda would get him the keys to the whitehouse.
  • Options
    Emily Thornberry: "We are the largest party in western Europe".
  • Options

Vg.
    I guess 'the' black guy is locked in a room somewhere e-mailing his weekly response to the LA times poll.
    There is nothing wrong with this picture at all. I think leading figures in Black Lives Matter in the UK has shown categorically that its important to be white.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

AndyJS said:

Mortimer said:

chestnut said:

They really are.

Yes but Hendon and Finchley are both top targets for Labour which they need to win an overall majority.
  • Options
    Pong said:

Saltire said:

All very interesting but A EC tie? Far more chance of a Clinton landslide.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Mrs Bucket has a terrible hectoring manner.
  • Options
    Anyone got views on Alaska as a Dem win? 3.35 on BF.
  • Options

* not a joke.

Brexit rations?
    When I first caught Gerald he was wild.

Wild? I was livid.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Chris g000

Moderate Labourites must wish a foreign leader died every week so Thornberry would never be in the country.

Appalling.

#bbcqt

:smiley:
  • Options
    edited October 2016

I'd rather take the 9/2 on SC or Texas, tbh

Slightly better value, although all three are most likely losers.
  • Options
    Pong said:

I'd rather take the 9/2 on SC or Texas, tbh
    Yes, I was tempted by Texas as well. A tasty 5.9
  • Options
    619 said:
    There is a direction here..and it will get further down.
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133

Pong said:

Saltire said:

If a third candidate takes a state, it doesn't need a tie in the EC to send the election to the House.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

...and so in touch with the Labour voters (excepting university towns).
  • Options

Pong said:

Saltire said:

If a third candidate takes a state, it doesn't need a tie in the EC to send the election to the House.
    It needs no-one to have a majority though.
  • Options
    Have we stopped droning pointlessly about Brexit yet?

It's beyond tedious. We've juicy Wikileaks and no one is interested - weird marmite
  • Options

AndyJS said:

...and so in touch with the Labour voters (excepting university towns).
    The "who voted to take people's jobs" went down about as well as a Donald Trump immigration speech in a Mosque.
  • Options
    Alaska and Utah are possible shock wins for Clinton. Maybe worth a bet.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

IanB2 said:

AndyJS said:

Mortimer said:

chestnut said:

They really are.

Yes but Hendon and Finchley are both top targets for Labour which they need to win an overall majority.
    The last poll I saw of Jewish voters had labour support at an all time low - below 10% as I recall. So I think laying Labour there would be a good strategy when the time comes.
  • Options
    IanB2 said:

AndyJS said:

IanB2 said:

AndyJS said:

Mortimer said:

chestnut said:

They really are.

The last poll I saw of Jewish voters had labour support at an all time low - below 10% as I recall. So I think laying Labour there would be a good strategy when the time comes.
    But DYOR, right?

:)
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,292
    edited October 2016
    They appeared we have found the infamous LA Times black voter for Trump...he was in the audience on QT this evening.
  • Options
    Golly, will the truth out?

??#Wikileaks Exposes Hillary Clinton Hateful Disdain & Lo Opinion of Blacks & Muslims saying they will be 4ever Failures. Donald Trump https://t.co/RlQgUdAaF4
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    The independent editor certainly won't be backing Jahadi Jez's Labour Party at the next GE!
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 8,006
    edited October 2016
    Has anyone picked up on how Evan McMullin could become President because of how the 12th amendment works?

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-evan-mcmullin-could-win-utah-and-the-presidency/?ex_cid=2016-forecast

The author reckons it is a a 1-3% chance. McMullin is available on Betfair at 1000/1. This in theory is a value bet, but one that you will lose!

Edit: Sorry! I see Saltire got there before me.
  • Options
    Katie Hopkins still supporting Trump, (on This Week).
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    AndyJS said:

I am sure she just takes the unpopular side of any argument, because it provides her in a job.
  • Options

AndyJS said:

I am sure she just takes the unpopular side of any argument, because it provides her in a job.
    Has she been ill recently? She suddenly looks a lot older.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Posted by 'Deplorable Trumpcat'. And they say his campaign doesn't know about demographics...
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    AndyJS said:

AndyJS said:

Has she been ill recently? She suddenly looks a lot older.
    I seemed to remember she had some massive operation on her brain*... (insert joke)...

Edit:- Crickey...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/katie-hopkins-cured-epilepsy-after-7620188
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    Betting post.

I have taken the 11/2 on Trump.

I suspect and hope this is another case of where PBism has lost me money.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Betting post.

You would have been better stoking your fire with that money.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Jobabob said:

Betting post.

Brave.

Not stupid, just brave.

Well maybe a bit stupid (sorry!)

With the odds/polls as they are, you get better value backing trump on the state markets.

Ohio 3/1 with william hill is a good value bet, IMO.
  • Options
    McMullin was put in as a spoiler, a guy who could just trim Trump's numbers in as many states as possible. His whole profile was designed to contrast with Trump., Former CIA, strong on the national security bit, no celebrity, solid. A very comfortable home for GOP'ers who wanted to register a conservative vote.

If the guy pulls the equivalent of 3-4% nationally he is going to help finish Trump.
  • Options
    Y0kel said:

McMullin was put in as a spoiler, a guy who could just trim Trump's numbers in as many states as possible. His whole profile was designed to contrast with Trump., Former CIA, strong on the national security bit, no celebrity, solid. A very comfortable home for GOP'ers who wanted to register a conservative vote.

If the guy pulls the equivalent of 3-4% nationally he is going to help finish Trump.

Is he on all/many ballots?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    "On fresh demand, I'm wanting more".

That's a lyric from a Spandau Ballet song, but could be applied to the Brexit debate. :)

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/spandauballet/instinction.html
  • Options
    Pong said:

Jobabob said:

Betting post.

Brave.

Not stupid, just brave.

Well maybe a bit stupid (sorry!)

With the odds/polls as they are, you get better value backing trump on the state markets.

Ohio 3/1 with william hill is a good value bet, IMO.
    Probably a bit stupid, to be fair. I am not expecting to win the bet...
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Betting post.

You can get 6/1 on a Trump winning margin of 0-5%, and humungous prices on bigger margins.

https://twitter.com/LadPolitics/status/786518996082241536
  • Options

Y0kel said:

Is he on all/many ballots?
    30 odd i think.
  • Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,940
    Cumbria, Windemere: LD 1009, Con 785, Lab 88, Green 46
    South Lakeland, Bowness North: LD 441, Con 256, Green 37.
    Two LD holds with turnout over 40%.
  • Options

Jobabob said:

Betting post.

You can get 6/1 on a Trump winning margin of 0-5%, and humungous prices on bigger margins.

Jobabob said:

Betting post.

I have taken 5.5 to 1 on any sort of Trump win which is good enough. It's a longshot loser - I hope.
  • Options
    slade said:

Cumbria, Windemere: LD 1009, Con 785, Lab 88, Green 46
    South Lakeland, Bowness North: LD 441, Con 256, Green 37.
    Two LD holds with turnout over 40%.

Isn't this Farron land?
  • Options
    MarkSeniorMarkSenior Posts: 4,699
    Summary of tonights by elections with 2 Kent results in Sevenoaks to come

Labour hold Lancaster Westgate , Lewisham Brockley and Lewisham Evelyn
    Linc Ind hold North Kesteven Cliff Villages
    Residents gain Tandridge Limpsfield from Con
    Lib Dems hold Cumbria Windemere and S Lakeland Bowness North
    Lib Dems gain Poole Broadstone from Con
  • Options

The independent editor certainly won't be backing Jahadi Jez's Labour Party at the next GE!

Neither will anyone else, apart from the 400,000 members (or whatever the latest figure from the cult is).
  • Options
    FenmanFenman Posts: 1,047
    AndyJS said:

Alaska and Utah are possible shock wins for Clinton. Maybe worth a bet.

As is Texas...
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

I have taken 5.5 to 1 on any sort of Trump win which is good enough. It's a longshot loser - I hope.

Your investment is about to appear at a rally in Ohio. Nobody can say he's not putting in the work on the campaign trail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcoAGsUCSPo
  • Options
    Catching up. Wow, Michelle Obama has come out swinging the bat.

• Options
    Poole result was

LD 2184
    Con 733
    UKIP 132
    Green 57
    Lab 45
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

Posted by 'Deplorable Trumpcat'. And they say his campaign doesn't know about demographics...
    What a bizarre post. Is there a PBers acceptable screen name from another application?
  • Options
    sladeslade Posts: 1,940
    Broadstone,Poole: LD 2184, Con 733, UKIP 132, Green 57, Lab 45. LD gain from Con. The LD candidate was Vicki Slade who was the GE candidate in 2015.
  • Options

* not a joke.

Brexit rations?
    La Brexitanie - douze points!
  • Options
    slade said:

Broadstone,Poole: LD 2184, Con 733, UKIP 132, Green 57, Lab 45. LD gain from Con. The LD candidate was Vicki Slade who was the GE candidate in 2015.

Lab - 45, less than Greens.
  • Options
    slade said:

Any relation? :)
  • Options
    Conservatives hold Kent CC Swanley

Con 717
    UKIP 615
    Lab 518
    LDem 362
  • Options

Conservatives hold Kent CC Swanley

Con 717
    UKIP 615
    Lab 518
    LDem 362

One of Boris's last acts as Mayor was to add Swanley station to the London Oystercard network.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    slade said:

Relation?

I remember canvassing the area in 05 and 15 - Annette Brooke's personal vote was massive, so the difference very stark; combined with the nationwide swing to the Tories and a very much Con improved GOTV operation, it is little wonder Michael Tomlinson won such a huge majority in the end.
  • Options

Jobabob said:

Your investment is about to appear at a rally in Ohio. Nobody can say he's not putting in the work on the campaign trail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcoAGsUCSPo
    Regardless of rallies, I'm more interested as to whether he can win an election. The PB Trumpers say he can. I'm on. The bookies think otherwise.

To be perfectly honest, I think the Trumper is toast.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

What a bizarre post. Is there a PBers acceptable screen name from another application?
    Either put your house on Trump and tell us your bet or kindly leave the stage.
  • Options
    "Basket Case" on the Horror Channel :)
  • Options
    Interesting stuff happening in Italy in December:

https://constitution-unit.com/2016/10/13/all-you-need-to-know-about-the-italian-constitutional-referendum/#more-5379

"The reform would curtail the powers of the Senate, the upper chamber of the Italian parliament. The number of senators would be reduced from 315 to 100, and they would no longer be directly elected. The reformed Senate would be comprised of 74 members of regional assemblies and 21 mayors – who would therefore wear a ‘double hat’. The remaining five senators would be appointed by the Italian President for special merits."

Sort of reverse of what HoL reform campaigners want.
  • Options
    dugarbandierdugarbandier Posts: 2,596
    Jobabob said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

I'd guess Plato's house is already on Trump, judging by the number of posts
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Jobabob said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

You seem to enjoy telling other people what to do. The internet (and independent thought) must be a nightmare for you.
  • Options
    "I endorse Gary Johnson because he only touches himself."

Err, ok...
  • Options
    Total crap, or at least this part is:

"3. The “octopus” line about Trump is engineered persuasion of the highest order. It makes the story deeply visual and extra-creepy. Godzilla, or someone similarly skilled, is probably behind that word. It’s too engineered for a civilian to concoct during an interview. That’s professional work. And it’s probably a golden stake through Trump’s political heart. (Well played.)"

I remember girls at Uni back in the 1980s who would complain about certain fellow male classmates who had 'wandering hands like an octopus".
  • Options

"3. The “octopus” line about Trump is engineered persuasion of the highest order. It makes the story deeply visual and extra-creepy. Godzilla, or someone similarly skilled, is probably behind that word. It’s too engineered for a civilian to concoct during an interview. That’s professional work. And it’s probably a golden stake through Trump’s political heart. (Well played.)"

I remember girls at Uni back in the 1980s who would complain about certain fellow male classmates who had 'wandering hands like an octopus".
    Did they report you?

(just kidding!)
  • Options
    scotslassscotslass Posts: 912
    CHESTNIT

Don't know which programme you were watching.Salmond and the guy from the former Indy were the only ones speaking any sense on QT. The audience were very pro Brexit but the arguments were with the Remainers. The audience reminded me of Wallpole's quote "Today they ring the bells. tomorrow their hands!"
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 8,006

Poole result was

LD 2184
    Con 733
    UKIP 132
    Green 57
    Lab 45

That looks like a good result for the LibDems.

I think the May 2015 result was LibDem 2262, Con 2842.

I can't work out the swing.
  • Options

Catching up. Wow, Michelle Obama has come out swinging the bat.

As I said, ignore the polls and look at behaviour. Going OTT on Trump looked weird.

And deployment of Michelle whilst Hillary is AWOL.

There's something up. Polling or stuff, who knows - but it's there.

I think this is a great selection deal closer than it looks. Otherwise, why the uber smearing?

It makes no sense.
  • Options
    scotslass said:

CHESTNIT

Don't know which programme you were watching.Salmond and the guy from the former Indy were the only ones speaking any sense on QT. The audience were very pro Brexit but the arguments were with the Remainers. The audience reminded me of Wallpole's quote "Today they ring the bells. tomorrow their hands!"

Salmond.

Salmond was an irrelevance. The whole rationale behind the stupid 2nd referendum talk is to try and get the SNP a sliver of influence in GB politics. As with Lab and the LDs they've been totally blindsided and cast aside by Brexit.

Amazing how few people see this. May has parked her tanks over EVERYONE's lawns.
  • Options
    Wow

BBC
    News has broken that @HillaryClinton has been forced to submit to a federal judge under threat of perjury - @afneil https://t.co/LGBlYPBysJ
  • Options

Jobabob said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

I'd guess Plato's house is already on Trump, judging by the number of posts
    I doubt she has a penny on
  • Options
    dugarbandierdugarbandier Posts: 2,596

I used to quite lke dilbert, in the 90s. It has been rather disappointing to discover that it's writer is a "persuasion expert", which seems to be barely one level above a "pick-up artist".

He does seem to have some sense of humour intact tho, at least

"Maybe Bill'll call, " she said to Sheila's glance. Sheila nibbled on
    a cuticle. "After last night, I thought maybe you'd be through with him." "I
    know what you mean. My God, he was like an octopus. Hands all over the place."
    She gestured, raising her arms upwards in defense. "The thing is, after a
    while, you get tired of fighting with him, you know, and after all I didn't
    really do anything Friday and Saturday so I kind of owed it to him. You know
    what I mean." She started to scratch. Sheila was giggling with her hand over
    her mouth. "I'll tell you, I felt the same way, and even after a while, " here
    she bent forward in a whisper, "I wanted to!" Now she was laughing very loudly."

lyrics from The Gift, by the Velvet Underground, 1967
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Jobabob said:

PlatoSaid said:

PlatoSaid said:

You seem to enjoy telling other people what to do. The internet (and independent thought) must be a nightmare for you.
    Not really, no.
This discussion has been closed.