Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Corporeal on the GOP and project Dump Trump

123457»

Comments

• Options
    dugarbandierdugarbandier Posts: 2,596

moderators at no point said "Who's she, the cat's mother?" disappointing

That struck me as well - is it as rude in America as it is in the UK?

Although I don't think its the moderators role to police the incivility of candidates.

It was also clearly a deliberate strategy - so strong on core vote, but may not appeal to female voters.

Nate Silver on what happens if no women vote for Trump:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeSbXNiWsAA4lhK.jpg:large
    Maybe it's not rude anywhere, anymore. Don't think I've heard it since I were a lad. Wasn't seriously expecting moderation. Just nostalgic for the phrase!

• Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,680

moderators at no point said "Who's she, the cat's mother?" disappointing

That struck me as well - is it as rude in America as it is in the UK?

Although I don't think its the moderators role to police the incivility of candidates.

It was also clearly a deliberate strategy - so strong on core vote, but may not appeal to female voters.

Nate Silver on what happens if no women vote for Trump:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CeSbXNiWsAA4lhK.jpg:large
    Maybe it's not rude anywhere, anymore.
    I can't see Trump's mother (an economic migrant, lest we forget) putting up with it!
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Jedd Legum
    In a CNN focus group, ONE out of 29 undecided voters thought Donald Trump won the debate
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034

MTimT said:

Looks more like "Strangers in the night ..."
    Or as the late, great Terry Wogan would have said "Stranglers in the Night".
    Don't get the reference - please enlighten me.

BTW, didn't realize the Stranglers did an album by the name of "Stranglers in the night"
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    The CNN poll is amusing

@CNN <---- MORE STACKED DECK POLL
    https://t.co/XcvHMCpri7
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,680
    NEW THREAD
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,567

In all seriousness I have literally no idea what Clinton is proposing. Nothing. Not a sausage. Is she proposing to basically just do whatever Obama is doing?

More or less, but Obama has better approval ratings than either of these two, and with good reason.

Trump is an imbecile and demonstrated in the first half, no answers at all in the second.

Back to bed for me.
    What is the verdict on Obama?

Has he justified his Nobel Peace Prize?
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    MattW said:

In all seriousness I have literally no idea what Clinton is proposing. Nothing. Not a sausage. Is she proposing to basically just do whatever Obama is doing?

More or less, but Obama has better approval ratings than either of these two, and with good reason.

Trump is an imbecile and demonstrated in the first half, no answers at all in the second.

Back to bed for me.
    What is the verdict on Obama?

Has he justified his Nobel Peace Prize?
    The Norwegians should justify the Peace Prize. Obama was a recipient. He didn't award it to himself.
This discussion has been closed.