Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » CON might have enjoyed double digit leads in the polls but

124»

Comments

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,329

rcs1000 said:

Sean_F said:

Speedy said:

Donald Trump is going to lose this election talking about his favourite subject: himself.

I was just thinking almost exactly the same thing myself.

'Unhinged' is right.
    The guy is a complete and utter narcissist and it scares the hell out of me how many of the good folk on this blog seem to have been taken in by him. I mean I get the dislike for Hilary but active support for Trump is edging into dangerous territory.
    I would not call him Hitler, the only comparison with Hitler is the way and trajectory Trump conducts his campaign is like how Hitler conducted Germany's war effort.

Using the fanatical devotion of his followers, discarding all traditional advise he achieved a ton of early victories, only to become complacent.
    Surrounding himself with sycophants and unwilling to understand why he was losing after a clumsy attempt to overthrow him.
    Trump is neither as brilliant, nor as evil, as Hitler. He's a braggart and a charlatan, running against a hard leftist of dubious probity.
    This sounds plausible. But it's what you'd have thought about Hitler in 1932.
    Mein Kampf is a little more scary than The Art of the Deal. Mind you, Hitler actually wrote his book.
    And I doubt Trump is as skilled a painter as Adolf :)
    He's not as good a singer as Silvio Berlusconi either.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,161
    rcs1000 said:

Sean_F said:

Speedy said:

Donald Trump is going to lose this election talking about his favourite subject: himself.

'Unhinged' is right.
    The guy is a complete and utter narcissist and it scares the hell out of me how many of the good folk on this blog seem to have been taken in by him. I mean I get the dislike for Hilary but active support for Trump is edging into dangerous territory.
    I would not call him Hitler, the only comparison with Hitler is the way and trajectory Trump conducts his campaign is like how Hitler conducted Germany's war effort.

Using the fanatical devotion of his followers, discarding all traditional advise he achieved a ton of early victories, only to become complacent.
    Surrounding himself with sycophants and unwilling to understand why he was losing after a clumsy attempt to overthrow him.
    Trump is neither as brilliant, nor as evil, as Hitler. He's a braggart and a charlatan, running against a hard leftist of dubious probity.
    Mein Kampf is a little more scary than The Art of the Deal. Mind you, Hitler actually wrote his book.
    This is true. But people understandably didn't think he'd actually implement that.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Sean_F said:

Speedy said:

'Unhinged' is right.

This is true. But people understandably didn't think he'd actually implement that.
    Why not? What he'd done in power locally before then was bad enough too ...
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    Goupillon said:

foxinsoxuk - the LD candidate Liz Leffman stood in Witney in 2010 and got 23% and she did not stand in the 2015 election. I firmly believe she will do a lot better than 23% this time!

Goupillon. Long time no see. Welcome back.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

rcs1000 said:

Sean_F said:

Speedy said:

'Unhinged' is right.

and ofcourse people are now saying Trump will pivot if he wins power.....
  • Options
    fox news poll: 4 way Clinton ahead 3, 2 way Clinton ahead 5%.
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,161
    nunu said:

rcs1000 said:

Sean_F said:

Speedy said:

'Unhinged' is right.

Actually I think he would. I mean, he doesn't appear to particularly believe in anything beyond vanquishing his enemies. I think he could actually be quite good, in a Nixon kind of way. He'd have the support of the Republican base, but he wouldn't be bound by orthodoxy, so he could get them out of some of the dogmatic holes they've dug themselves into like never raising any taxes.

But he may also be Hitler, only with nuclear weapons and a bigger military.
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,929

nunu said:

rcs1000 said:

Sean_F said:

Speedy said:

'Unhinged' is right.

Actually I think he would. I mean, he doesn't appear to particularly believe in anything beyond vanquishing his enemies. I think he could actually be quite good, in a Nixon kind of way. He'd have the support of the Republican base, but he wouldn't be bound by orthodoxy, so he could get them out of some of the dogmatic holes they've dug themselves into like never raising any taxes.

I think the extent to which he goes after his enemies as a private ctizen... Combined with presidential powers should genuinely worry people about whether American democracy can survive Trump. Or how damaged it would be?

. At least Nixon knew he wasn't supposed to be spying... Trump would see that and probably more as totally legitimate- because they criticised him... Would a President Trump accept losing re election in 2020? Or would he try to stay in oower anyway?
  • Options

nunu said:

rcs1000 said:

Sean_F said:

Speedy said:

'Unhinged' is right.

I wouldn't want to be a person of colour in the U.S if he wins, I'm more scared of his base tbh.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,030
    rkrkrk said:

nunu said:

rcs1000 said:

Sean_F said:

Speedy said:

'Unhinged' is right.

I think the extent to which he goes after his enemies as a private ctizen... Combined with presidential powers should genuinely worry people about whether American democracy can survive Trump. Or how damaged it would be?

. At least Nixon knew he wasn't supposed to be spying... Trump would see that and probably more as totally legitimate- because they criticised him... Would a President Trump accept losing re election in 2020? Or would he try to stay in oower anyway?
    HM ready to appoint a new governor at a moments notice. :D
  • Options
    JohnLoonyJohnLoony Posts: 1,790
    rcs1000 said:

Sean_F said:

Speedy said:

'Unhinged' is right.

"Mein Kampf" is very boring and badly written. I have a theory that this is because it was *not* written. It was dictated. Hitler spoke it, probably as one of his long rambling monologues, and a Rudolf Hess wrote it down in shorthand and transcribed it. It was then published without being professionally polished or edited in the way that it would be nowadays.
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,876
    I see David Cameron's sofa is complaining about Mrs May's style of government in today's Times. She's doing something called 'Cabinet Government' and its most put out......
  • Options
    timmotimmo Posts: 1,469

MTimT said:

I can't somehow get excited about losing 5 council seats. It is a measure of how low they've fallen that LibDems can.

They managed to lose 6 out of the 14 seats they were defending despite being well ahead in national polling .
    There have only been 2 by elections since the general election where the Tories have gained a swing against the LDs.. Both in Sutton where the LDs hold the council.
    I think Tories will hild onto Witney but it will be close as remainers protest by viting LD
  • Options
    RobD said:

Dixie said:

Sad that I am, I am re-watching the BBC referendum night. I am absolutely loving the biased lefty loveys looking down their noses at 'those on council estates', 'the working classses' 'those who blame Europe when thy shouldn't': And Salmond and Cable whimpering. Superb

It's not sad to watch election re-runs, is it @scrapheap_as_was? :D
    NOPE!!! It's highly advisable.
This discussion has been closed.