Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » New ComRes Indy/S Mirror poll finds Corbyn a staggering 46%

Comments

• Options
    Come Kenny...against team cheating druggie.
  • Options
    Shit...
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,978
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,445
    edited August 2016
    Why don't they just go hell for leather from the off?
  • Options
    Paul_BedfordshirePaul_Bedfordshire Posts: 3,632
    edited August 2016

GeoffM said:

I like the idea of grammars in principal but worry if they become widespread they will syphon off the best teachers and cause a lot of unnecessary travel and hothousing.

My experience of comprehensives is that they need to work to be (a) large enough to work properly with streaming and a good range of academic and vocational subjects and (b) enough middle class/academically minded kids so that the less able kids are inspired to better themselves.

In inner cities it is often the other way round and a majority chav infested school results in bright and academically minded kids being frowned upon or tormented by the chavs and everyone being dragged down. In such places segregating the bright kids with grammars seems a good way forward.

And how will that help the 'chavs' as you so delightfully brand them? Or are they beyond redemption?
    Soylent Green.
    But who will do all the consuming?
    You don't need much education to spend benefits on alcohol, mass produced tat and lottery tickets....

Hyperbole apart there is a problem that modern civilisation has used technology to virtually abolish unskilled labouring and now have the problem of what to do with the 10-20% of the population who are incapable of doing any other renumerative work..
    On the contrary there is much unskilled labouring to be done in agriculture, cleaning, retail, nursing homes etc. However we generally rely on immigrants to do it.
    There is some, not nearly enough, but getting immigrants to do it is viciously exacerbating the situation which is why a points system aka Australia is needed to stop this.

Alas coercion in regards to benefits is also needed so that turning down work without good reason or taking work but working indolently and getting sacked for this = cold and hunger
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,300
    edited August 2016
    TOPPING said:

Because you do all the hard work for your opponent. If you did that your opponent just sits in the slipstream why the lead guy pushes all the air out of the way.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,628
    edited August 2016
    Liam Fox and Boris Johnson are locked in a bitter Whitehall feud over who controls key parts of Britain's foreign policy, a leaked letter seen by The Sunday Telegraph reveals.

Just weeks after the two men joined the Government, Mr Fox sent Mr Johnson the terse letter, which he copied to Theresa May, effectively demanding that the Foreign Office be broken up.

Mr Fox, suggested that British trade with other countries would not "flourish" if responsibility for future policy remained with the Foreign Office.

He also listed a series of economic statistics which called into question the Foreign Office's ability to boost Britain's economic ties with other countries and suggested that Mr Johnson focused instead on "diplomacy and security" including overseeing MI6 and GCHQ.

The Foreign Secretary is understood to have firmly rejected Mr Fox's demands and Whitehall sources claim that the Prime Minister is "unimpressed with this sort of carrying on".

The letter represents the first evidence of significant tensions between Theresa May’s eurosceptic Cabinet ministers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/13/liam-fox-and-boris-johnson-locked-in-feud-over-who-controls-brit/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 44,645

I like the idea of grammars in principal but worry if they become widespread they will syphon off the best teachers and cause a lot of unnecessary travel and hothousing.

My experience of comprehensives is that they need to work to be (a) large enough to work properly with streaming and a good range of academic and vocational subjects and (b) enough middle class/academically minded kids so that the less able kids are inspired to better themselves.

In inner cities it is often the other way round and a majority chav infested school results in bright and academically minded kids being frowned upon or tormented by the chavs and everyone being dragged down. In such places segregating the bright kids with grammars seems a good way forward.

And how will that help the 'chavs' as you so delightfully brand them? Or are they beyond redemption?
    It will at lesst stop the little shits making bright working class inner city kids life a misery and preventing them ruining the life chances of the bright ones.

So sink schools for the plebs?

So much for One Nation Toryism.
    Funny story - my old flatmate had the usual being-beaten-up-for-being-bright thing at school (comprehensive). The teachers didn't intervene. In fact one suggested that he had to "work it out" himself.

So he did.

He organised with a group of the nerds, and identified the bullies they all hated. Then they waited until one of the bullies was on his own....

Within a day, furious teachers were calling in parents etc - apparently beating up the bright kids was understandable, but fighting back was a "major problem"...
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    Corbyn seeks the answers in room 101 in the Ministry of Truth.. Soon or later everyone will love Big Brother.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

It will at lesst stop the little shits making bright working class inner city kids life a misery and preventing them ruining the life chances of the bright ones.

Funny story - my old flatmate had the usual being-beaten-up-for-being-bright thing at school (comprehensive). The teachers didn't intervene. In fact one suggested that he had to "work it out" himself.

So he did.

He organised with a group of the nerds, and identified the bullies they all hated. Then they waited until one of the bullies was on his own....

Within a day, furious teachers were calling in parents etc - apparently beating up the bright kids was understandable, but fighting back was a "major problem"...
    Unfortunately that is a somewhat institutionalised idea on the left and I suspect abolition of grammars wws viewed with glee for precisely this reason in many quarters.

Of course now that most Labour MPs are on the receiving end of such behaviour from their new members they don't like it up em..you would have to have a heart of stone not to laugh
  • Options

TOPPING said:

Because you do all the hard work for your opponent. If you did that your opponent just sits in the slipstream why the lead guy pushes all the air out of the way.
    But if you're faster than the other guy why don't you just go off quickly and lead all the way, Lochsong style?
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    edited August 2016
    Bah. Scooped by fancy pants Eagles.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

So he did.

I was amongst the brightest at my Comprehensive. Never bullied for it though, and I cannot recall it happening to anyone else for that reason.
  • Options
    AnorakAnorak Posts: 6,621
    edited August 2016
    sarissa said:

Talking of comedy reboot...what have they done to the putput bike in the kieran!

I don't get Keirin - you're supposed to follow the moped for 6 laps and then suddenly sprint the last two laps???
    It removes the wind resistance penalty of being the lead rider while the group is getting up to sprinting speed - otherwise it would just be like the sprint and all about slow tactical positioning before the final sprint
    I seem to remember it was created as a gambling race, with money changing hands through the first few laps before the moped peeled off. Rising sense of excitement, etc.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341

Liam Fox and Boris Johnson are locked in a bitter Whitehall feud over who controls key parts of Britain's foreign policy, a leaked letter seen by The Sunday Telegraph reveals.

Just weeks after the two men joined the Government, Mr Fox sent Mr Johnson the terse letter, which he copied to Theresa May, effectively demanding that the Foreign Office be broken up.

Mr Fox, suggested that British trade with other countries would not "flourish" if responsibility for future policy remained with the Foreign Office.

He also listed a series of economic statistics which called into question the Foreign Office's ability to boost Britain's economic ties with other countries and suggested that Mr Johnson focused instead on "diplomacy and security" including overseeing MI6 and GCHQ.

The Foreign Secretary is understood to have firmly rejected Mr Fox's demands and Whitehall sources claim that the Prime Minister is "unimpressed with this sort of carrying on".

The letter represents the first evidence of significant tensions between Theresa May’s eurosceptic Cabinet ministers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/13/liam-fox-and-boris-johnson-locked-in-feud-over-who-controls-brit/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Drama Queenery.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

But if you're faster than the other guy why don't you just go off quickly and lead all the way, Lochsong style?
    It doesn't work like that. As I say at the front you have to work harder to go the same speed as you push the air out of the way, so you have to be a lot lot quicker than your opponent.

Also they are trained to max acceleration/ speed for that last half lap. It's a bit like asking Bolt to do 800m & has to lead it out from the front .
  • Options
    Paging scrapheap

What's the fantasy football league looking like? Remember quite a few of my team don't play until tomorrow
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

It doesn't work like that. As I say at the front you have to work harder to go the same speed as you push the air out of the way, so you have to be a lot lot quicker than your opponent.

Also they are trained to max acceleration/ speed for that last half lap. It's a bit like asking Bolt to do 800m & has to lead it out from the front .
    Then why don't they train for maximum acceleration/speed for the whole race? Or shorten the race?
  • Options
    Nipped out for some dinner and missed another GB gold. Amazing stuff from the women's pursuit team. Long night ahead - heptathlon doesn't finish until 2:45am.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

Then why don't they train for maximum acceleration/speed for the whole race? Or shorten the race?
    The length of the race is part of the tactics.

As for going nuts from the start, as I kept saying it is massively more difficult to lead. It is why Cavendish has lead out men on the road. You can train all you like for flat out from the start but your opponent can just sit in behind you....it is also why in the team pursuit you seem them alternating who is on the front.

Tis all that physics lark.
  • Options

:

So he did.

I was amongst the brightest at my Comprehensive. Never bullied for it though, and I cannot recall it happening to anyone else for that reason.
    Seems to occur according to area/majority social group in the school - it is rather interesting how the different social classes manage to avoid seeing each other in this country.

For example, my eldest daughter goes to a top notch primary. The other primary in the catchment area is a disaster zone.

All (bar a handful) the people living in the local authority housing apply for the other school (the disaster zone). I have discussed this with the local authority and with the few parents who come from the "other" background... The parents always quote bullying of academic achievement as one of their reasons for selecting the "posh" school.... bullying of any kind at the "nice" school my daughter goes to is unheard of.

Yes, the school is seen as posh by those who are lower income groups locally. And so they don't apply.

The world around us is a series of layers, interwoven. It is very easy to believe that what you experience and see is everything.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

So he did.

And which part of the country were you in? My kids are in a rural comprehensive in Bedfordshire and it is splendid.

On the other hand I grew up in Loony Left Wing Lambeth when the likes of RedTed Knight and Peter Mandelson as councillors and Dianne Abbot as press officer and gone to one of their comprehensives (ILEA) you would probably feel the same.
  • Options

:

So he did.

Seems to occur according to area/majority social group in the school - it is rather interesting how the different social classes manage to avoid seeing each other in this country.

For example, my eldest daughter goes to a top notch primary. The other primary in the catchment area is a disaster zone.

All (bar a handful) the people living in the local authority housing apply for the other school (the disaster zone). I have discussed this with the local authority and with the few parents who come from the "other" background... The parents always quote bullying of academic achievement as one of their reasons for selecting the "posh" school.... bullying of any kind at the "nice" school my daughter goes to is unheard of.

Yes, the school is seen as posh by those who are lower income groups locally. And so they don't apply.

The world around us is a series of layers, interwoven. It is very easy to believe that what you experience and see is everything.
    Which is precisely why I dont see a need for widespread grammars but do see a need for them in inner cities -it will at least break the bright LHA living kids out of the spiral of underclass nihilism.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

As for going nuts from the start, as I kept saying it is massively more difficult to lead. It is why Cavendish has lead out men on the road.
    Hmmm. I hear you but to use your analogy it's like Usain Bolt et al strolling down the track for 90m then going for it for 10m.

Then again it's a sport where on the one hand you have a guy on a Puch Maxi leading the pack, and on the other where all the riders hang out on the rail chatting for a while.

Meanwhile: Go Kenny! Proving your point, and mine (too far back for slipstream).
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

As for going nuts from the start, as I kept saying it is massively more difficult to lead. It is why Cavendish has lead out men on the road.
    Hmmm. I hear you but to use your analogy it's like Usain Bolt et al strolling down the track for 90m then going for it for 10m.

Then again it's a sport where on the one hand you have a guy on a Puch Maxi leading the pack, and on the other where all the riders hang out on the rail chatting for a while.

Meanwhile: Go Kenny! Proving your point, and mine (too far back for slipstream).
    No because bolt couldn't get up to max speed over 10m.
  • Options

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

No because bolt couldn't get up to max speed over 10m.
    Aren't they too far back to benefit from slipstream?

(Go Callum)
  • Options
    Guaranteed another silver!
  • Options
    sarissasarissa Posts: 1,801
    TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

TOPPING said:

AFAIK at the speed the top cyclists achieve, wind resistance can be equivalent to 15-20% difference in power required - and none of them are that much better than their opponents
  • Options
    Good job this bloke doing the medal presentation isn't a Tory minister. The bbc would have real trouble with his name!
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,042
    chestnut said:

Drama Queenery.
    Conflict and distrust between the troops is the quickest way to lose a war.

(I read a military history book, suddenly I'm an expert... :) )
  • Options
    chestnut said:

Drama Queenery.
    Why on earth can't Fox have just arranged for a meeting to discuss it instead of firing off letters. Can't see him lasting long (although I suspect his point is not without substance)
  • Options

:

So he did.

:

else for that reason.

Which is precisely why I dont see a need for widespread grammars but do see a need for them in inner cities -it will at least break the bright LHA living kids out of the spiral of underclass nihilism.
    I'm in favour of streaming by subject from a relative early age. No selection as such, just A, B or C stream each year according to how well the teachers judge you are doing - maybe a no-notice test towards the end of the year.

The A class pupils will band together and deal with the bullies - that's how it worked at one of my schools.
  • Options
    JenSJenS Posts: 91
    edited August 2016
    So much for taking the fight to the Tories and not attacking fellow party members.

Here Corbyn attacks the NEC for the outcome of a vote he chose not to participate in, the General Secretary for defending the NEC against a lawsuit which was misconceived, and his own Deputy, just for good measure.

United we stand!

• Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,078

chestnut said:

Drama Queenery.
    Why on earth can't Fox have just arranged for a meeting to discuss it instead of firing off letters. Can't see him lasting long (although I suspect his point is not without substance)
    Maybe he tried and was blown off, and a letter expected to be confidential was the best way forward. IDK, he seemed an odd appointment in the first place to be honest.
  • Options
    Where have the commentators gone?!
  • Options
    Jason Kenny!
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    It will be gold!
  • Options
    Who do we want??
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Russians drugs clearly ran out there.

• Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    I've increasingly been thinking that 1.1.2020 will be the first day outside the EU. Article 50 invoked after the French and German presidential elections are out of the way, but exit completed before the 2020 election campaign starts.
  • Options

I had decided not to get emotionally involved in these Olympics because of the Russian participation, but I was wrong, it's FUCKING AWESOME beating the Ruskies.
  • Options
    Bbc f##king shut up....the Russian did worse in the quarters.
  • Options
    JenS said:

So much for taking the fight to the Tories and not attacking fellow party members.

Here Corbyn attacks the NEC for the outcome of a vote he chose not to participate in, the General Secretary for defending the NEC against a lawsuit which was misconceived, and his own Deputy, just for good measure.

United we stand!

Reminds me, as so many things do, of Yes Prime Minister and accepting collective decisions. 'How are they defined?' 'I define them'.

'Unity' when called for by political individuals, seems mostly to consist of expecting the other side to bend to the your will. Compromise, or rather magnanimity in victory, may follow if the one bending is lucky, but is not guaranteed.

The other inevitability is unity is only ever important when its your leadership or your influence (as in this case with the dispute between leadership and bits of the party) which is on the line. When one side is victorious, unity is not important and even serial rebels are no problem and are even a good thing, shows the broad tent of the party support and how they aren't controlling, dontchaknow?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Those "pants" are bigger than the biggest grannie pants!
  • Options

So he did.

And which part of the country were you in? My kids are in a rural comprehensive in Bedfordshire and it is splendid.

On the other hand I grew up in Loony Left Wing Lambeth when the likes of RedTed Knight and Peter Mandelson as councillors and Dianne Abbot as press officer and gone to one of their comprehensives (ILEA) you would probably feel the same.
    Solihull, then Atlanta GA then Hampshire. I stuck out a mile at an American comp with a British accent then the reverse at a British comp with an American accent.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,954
    I know one shouldn't laugh at the misfortunes of others, but the Labour party is completely screwed.
  • Options

I think they are Leicester shorts
  • Options

At least we didn't have the Katie Hopkins with sausage spectacle.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited August 2016

Last 2 races Kenny was superb, thought he was a goner after the 1st, that Russian look a tad scary.
  • Options

Old kit. The current kit has blue shorts.

Undeniably Leicester were pants today though. Arsenal up next Saturday too.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

So he did.

Solihull, then Atlanta GA then Hampshire. I stuck out a mile at an American comp with a British accent then the reverse at a British comp with an American accent.
    Solihull and Hants are both places where comprehensives should work. Its places like Winson Green and Portsmouth where you might need to split the bright ones off into a grammar.

What were the US schools like?
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,422
    The relevance of this is it shows how high the stakes are, not just in the leadership contest but even more crucially, in the internal elections thereafter. For as long as the party machinery remains in the hands of sensible, practical politicians, the situation is retrievable. But were MacNicol to be replaced with a Corbyn supporter and were the NEC to take a different view on the grounds for rejection, the nature of the party membership would be transformed again, and this time perhaps irretrievably.

For that reason, the Appeal Court decision was a massive and (to my mind) unexpected windfall for the power party (as opposed to the playground party): had it gone the other way, there'd have been a strong argument that the decision to appeal was not only expensive and legally flawed but morally unsustainable and partisan. Those latter two points would be the real reason for action but to be above board, moves against MacNicol could have been begun on the first two. As it is, because he didn't lose, it becomes far harder to take meaningful action against an official for seeking to uphold the lawful decision of his employer.

All the same, unless Smith wins, this battle will go on long after the leadership result is announced next month.
  • Options

So he did.

He organised with a group of the nerds, and identified the ..
    And which part of the country were you in?
    Solihull and Hants are both places where comprehensives should work. Its places like Winson Green and Portsmouth where you might need to split the bright ones off into a grammar.

What were the US schools like?
    Very much like the movies. Very cliquey and conformist, with little individuality socially acceptable.

The only subjects that were well taught were English and mathematics. I was significantly ahead on these when I came back to Britain aged 14. The rest was poorly taught, with history middling.
  • Options
    Can I make a request, can people not laugh/be harsh towards my morning thread.
  • Options

I can promise one but not both of those things.
  • Options

You've set up a hostage to fortune there?
  • Options
    Jonathan said:
    Fair play to him for doing it. It's easy to say you'll do something silly, more difficult to actually follow through on it.

Still two and a half hours until the heptathlon finishes. Yawn.
  • Options

As long as it's an Andrea Leadsom tribute thread, you have my sword.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

I can promise one but not both of those things.
    At 7.30pm I gave a precis of the thread to a former CCHQ staffer, he still hasn't stopped laughing.
  • Options
    John_M said:

I've got an Andrea Leadsom thread coming up during my next stint as guest editor and even I'm shocked at my harshness towards her.
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,422

Certainly not. Makes a lot of sense, to my mind.

I might laugh at what it implies.
  • Options

Certainly not. Makes a lot of sense, to my mind.

I might laugh at what it implies.
    Phew.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

ComRes VI

Con 32% : Lab 28% : UKIP 10% : Grn 4% : SNP 4% and

Other/DK/WNV etc 15%

Simple arithmetic, but shouldn't other/DK/WNV total 22%, instead of the 15% shown and what happened to Tim's Two Taxi brigade - are they the missing 7%, which sounds about right? ..... or is it perhaps a case of shy Other/DK/WNVers?
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

If Corbyn becomes popular?
  • Options

John_M said:

I've got an Andrea Leadsom thread coming up during my next stint as guest editor and even I'm shocked at my harshness towards her.
    Your harshness won't be as bad as her belief that she could be prime minister, despite being completely unqualified for the job. Thank God she saw the sense to withdraw when she did.

Would love to know what went on in Boris's mind that morning...
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

John_M said:

Your harshness won't be as bad as her belief that she could be prime minister, despite being completely unqualified for the job. Thank God she saw the sense to withdraw when she did.

I bet it wasn't 'I'm going to be Foreign Secretary'.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    John_M said:

Sandpit said:

John_M said:

I bet it wasn't 'I'm going to be Foreign Secretary'.
    Ha! My assumption was that he didn't stand because of some skeleton, that he then got the job requiring the highest vetting surprised me (and everyone else!)
  • Options
    Teegraph reporting corbyn has a new genius idea... moamentum to nominate gongs.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

Brilliant, might be the only way JohnO gets his peerage and I get my GCMG.
  • Options

'Arise Sir The Artist Taxi Driver'
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    kle4 said:

chestnut said:

Drama Queenery.
    Maybe he tried and was blown off, and a letter expected to be confidential was the best way forward. IDK, he seemed an odd appointment in the first place to be honest.
    I had to laugh at the idea of "letter expected to be confidential", particularly in conjunction with the parties involved.
  • Options

He is worse than wussely brand.
  • Options
    GB jolly hockey stickesses have beaten USA. They won every game in their group.
  • Options

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ0wKv5CPtA
  • Options
    edited August 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ0wKv5CPtA
    Lol

Apparently Russell has quit Hollywood & political activism & is off to uni to learn stuff. I pity his lecturers.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Sandpit said:

Jonathan said:
    Fair play to him for doing it. It's easy to say you'll do something silly, more difficult to actually follow through on it.

Lots to watch though

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/rio-2016/schedule/2016-08-14
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Sandpit said:

Jonathan said:

Lots to watch though

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/rio-2016/schedule/2016-08-14
    Watching weightlifting and tennis at the moment. 3 hours ahead of UK time, so nearly 3am now. Athletics about to get underway.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,005
    How come some people have 27 points with Aggers whereas I only have 18 ?
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,042
    Gary Lineker is 55 years old.

(Looks down at paunch. Sobs gently)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Pulpstar said:

How come some people have 27 points with Aggers whereas I only have 18 ?

You get extra points playing him as Captain/triple captain wildcards

So if you picked him as just a player you get 9 points.

If you picked him as captain, you get 18 points.

If you played your triple captain points wildcard you get 27 points.
  • Options
    Sad to see all the empty seats, they should really let local school kids in when they can't sell the tickets.
  • Options
    Imam shot dead in New York.
    Words fucking matter, Trump you bastard. Daughter fucker. Bein chord.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37074912?client=ms-android-oneplus
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,015
    nunu said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37074912?client=ms-android-oneplus

Trump responsible for all murders now?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Where are the usual bbc athletic commentary & presentation team? Cram, jackson, Johnson etc

The people doing the commentary are shit. The main guy was so patronising about the women doing the javelin being able to get it to make a mark. Thats all he talked about on every throe, not once how many points it scored.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    Denise Lewis is being very harsh on Kat Johnson-Thompson.

What she is saying may be true and necessary - but there is a time and a place. She is there to provide commentary - not critique on a very personal level.

Seems to be overstepping a line. If she wants to be a coach, go and do that. Backseat driving like this is not really her role.
  • Options
    RobD said:

nunu said:

Trump responsible for all murders now?
    For inticement.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Edit - damn bbc streaming, it didn't switch over to the full coverage. Instead it was the same coverage sans Johnson, Lewis etc. Wow they are being harsh on the British lass.
  • Options
    nunu said:

Calm down. Take a deep breath. Wait for evidence before you start blaming people.
  • Options
    Rio Olympics officials said they have finally solved the mystery of why the waters in two competition pools turned emerald green this week.

After days of leaving officials and spectators bewildered — and kind of grossed out — officials said Saturday a contractor had mistakenly dumped 160 liters of hydrogen peroxide into the water.

The hydrogen peroxide then had an adverse reaction with the chlorine in the water, neutralizing the chlorine and allowing "organic compounds" to grow, including algae.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/salvadorhernandez/we-finally-know-why-the-olympic-diving-pools-turned-green?utm_term=.tc1RXyy86#.kgp7aAAz6
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    PlatoSaid said:

Rio Olympics officials said they have finally solved the mystery of why the waters in two competition pools turned emerald green this week.

After days of leaving officials and spectators bewildered — and kind of grossed out — officials said Saturday a contractor had mistakenly dumped 160 liters of hydrogen peroxide into the water.

The hydrogen peroxide then had an adverse reaction with the chlorine in the water, neutralizing the chlorine and allowing "organic compounds" to grow, including algae.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/salvadorhernandez/we-finally-know-why-the-olympic-diving-pools-turned-green?utm_term=.tc1RXyy86#.kgp7aAAz6

Surely they should have been measuring the chlroine concentration multiple times a day?
  • Options

Edit - damn bbc streaming, it didn't switch over to the full coverage. Instead it was the same coverage sans Johnson, Lewis etc. Wow they are being harsh on the British lass.

They are. And it is not going to help her having this sort of negativity as part of the coverage. Her coaches will tell her what she needs to hear.

Watching this coverage back will be very unhelpful.
  • Options

nunu said:

Calm down. Take a deep breath. Wait for evidence before you start blaming people.
    OK YEAH UR right. But still he must know how words can have an effect on some people, u shouldn't even joke about shooting people, especially in the toxic polit discourse of America right now ffs how does he get away with it?
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

Surely they should have been measuring the chlroine concentration multiple times a day?
    You'd think so, and you'd check the delivery details.

I can't believe they didn't drain it days ago
This discussion has been closed.