Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » New ComRes Indy/S Mirror poll finds Corbyn a staggering 46%

Comments

• Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    nunu said:

nunu said:

Imam shot dead in New York.
    Words fucking matter, Trump you bastard. Daughter fucker. Bein chord.
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37074912?client=ms-android-oneplus

Calm down. Take a deep breath. Wait for evidence before you start blaming people.
    OK YEAH UR right. But still he must know how words can have an effect on some people, u shouldn't even joke about shooting people, especially in the toxic polit discourse of America right now ffs how does he get away with it?
    People are being shot all over America every day. That is the consequence of their toxic gun culture.

It was happening before Trump. It will happen beyond Trump.
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Rio Olympics officials said they have finally solved the mystery of why the waters in two competition pools turned emerald green this week.

After days of leaving officials and spectators bewildered — and kind of grossed out — officials said Saturday a contractor had mistakenly dumped 160 liters of hydrogen peroxide into the water.

The hydrogen peroxide then had an adverse reaction with the chlorine in the water, neutralizing the chlorine and allowing "organic compounds" to grow, including algae.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/salvadorhernandez/we-finally-know-why-the-olympic-diving-pools-turned-green?utm_term=.tc1RXyy86#.kgp7aAAz6

Some algae blooms can be quite dangerous IIRC
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    edited August 2016
    nunu said:

nunu said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/37074912?client=ms-android-oneplus

Calm down. Take a deep breath. Wait for evidence before you start blaming people.
    OK YEAH UR right. But still he must know how words can have an effect on some people, u shouldn't even joke about shooting people, especially in the toxic polit discourse of America right now ffs how does he get away with it?
    Don’t talk wet, the police and you, as yet have now idea for the reasons behind this latest shooting. - There were 54 murders recorded in NY City in 2015, up 20% on the previous year, they happen, always have, so just calm down.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,302
    edited August 2016
    I am still confused about the bbc coverage. Is there no commentors ie Steve Cram & Brendan Foster...on the online stream it is some annoying Aussie.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383

Edit - damn bbc streaming, it didn't switch over to the full coverage. Instead it was the same coverage sans Johnson, Lewis etc. Wow they are being harsh on the British lass.

They are. And it is not going to help her having this sort of negativity as part of the coverage. Her coaches will tell her what she needs to hear.

Watching this coverage back will be very unhelpful.
    One of the dressage commentators was really annoying. He kept making up issues and then saying it hadn't happened. I muted him.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024

nunu said:

nunu said:

People are being shot all over America every day. That is the consequence of their toxic gun culture.

But that's my point tho he knows of the toxic gun culture, so as someone who has a following he has a special duty to be careful with what he says as some people hang on his every word. But he's done the exact opposite of that he has purposely pitted one against the other for no reason other than power. All U.S politicians should be trying to calm things down and unite the U.S not cause more division. He makes me sick.
  • Options

I am still confused about the bbc coverage. Is there no commentors ie Steve Cram & Brendan Foster...on the online stream it is some annoying Aussie.

I've only heard Brendan once and just for a minute.
  • Options
    OUTOUT Posts: 569
    Johnson-Thompson throws like a girl.
  • Options
    OUT said:

Medal gone I believe.
  • Options
    nunu said:

nunu said:

nunu said:

But that's my point tho he knows of the toxic gun culture, so as someone who has a following he has a special duty to be careful with what he says as some people hang on his every word. But he's done the exact opposite of that he has purposely pitted one against the other for no reason other than power. All U.S politicians should be trying to calm things down and unite the U.S not cause more division. He makes me sick.
    It is your reaction to him that is driving your reaction to this particular news story.

Rational discussion is what is needed. Not emotional reactions.

Banning guns won't be possible in the US for generations. Changing the gun culture might happen - but that has to come from within. No politician will force that through.

• Options

Cram and Foster take 2nd shift and the finals.
    Oh talk of the devil here's cram
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    The javelin was the real Achilles heel for Kat J-T, that’s probably her chance of a bronze over.
  • Options
    Ennis-Hill better be up for it. This Belgian girl is pulling out top performances.
  • Options
    ThrakThrak Posts: 494

Red button commentary is different.
  • Options
    It's interesting to see the wide variety of countries that have world class athletes now. 20 years ago, you expect to see 2-3 Americans in every final, then many other places stuffed with Europeans powerhouse nations.
  • Options
    Thrak said:

Red button commentary is different.
    It certainly is different, It's bloody awful.
  • Options
    OUT said:

Ennis-Hill better be up for it. This Belgian girl is pulling out top performances.

I believe the Belgium girl is best at the spear chucking but not so hot at 800m
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,971
    Matthew Hudson Smith with a great PB to qualify for the 400m final!
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    OUT said:

Genuinely interesting read.

https://spikes.iaaf.org/post/gavin-johnson-gives-our-man-a-javelin-masterc
  • Options
    I do love it when athletes go all squeaky voiced and tongue tied with amazement.

Hudson and the trampoline lady are so cute
  • Options
    The atmosphere in the stadium you would think it was a local Brazilian track meet, not Olympic semi of 400m.
  • Options

It's interesting to see the wide variety of countries that have world class athletes now. 20 years ago, you expect to see 2-3 Americans in every final, then many other places stuffed with Europeans powerhouse nations.

I keep noticing how few Americans there are in comparison to the past. I do wish Lewis would shut up with her cod psychology.
  • Options

nunu said:

nunu said:

nunu said:

It is your reaction to him that is driving your reaction to this particular news story.

Rational discussion is what is needed. Not emotional reactions.

Banning guns won't be possible in the US for generations. Changing the gun culture might happen - but that has to come from within. No politician will force that through.

Eh? My reaction is not driving this story.

He didn't create this toxic culture, rather the toxic culture created him, America deserve him.

However he is not exactly helping things, and where did I say anything about banning guns?
  • Options
    Like the men...I see the lady 100m spiriters are a lot more "streamline" than 20 years ago!
  • Options
    OUT said:

Johnson-Thompson throws up like a girl.

Was it sonething you said? :lol:
  • Options

Like the men...I see the lady 100m spiriters are a lot more "streamline" than 20 years ago!

Even 8 years ago...
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    nunu said:

Even 8 years ago...
    The change is quite incredible. You look at the likes of merrian Jones to 2016 spiriters.

It is very similar to the changes seen in mma fighters since they brought in proper drug testing.
  • Options
    Rutherford isn't going to do this.
  • Options

Pah, I have hope yet. Ennis looks on form.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    PlatoSaid said:

Pah, I have hope yet. Ennis looks on form.
    Showing that magic x factor where when the pressure comes on those special sportsmen & women get better.
  • Options
    34 in the 10k, that's a crowded field
  • Options
    Thiam has just thrown 53.13 in the javelin - game on.
  • Options
    Ennis pb is 48ish, no way she can catch Thiam surely?
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

She's 10 seconds faster in the 800m, though. Down to the wire.
  • Options
    The commenary really need to be telling us what that means in points & how much that means in seconds in the 800m
  • Options
    Rutherford in lead!
  • Options

The commenary really need to be telling us what that means in points & how much that means in seconds in the 800m

It's pitiful, if you didn't know what matters in heptathlon, you'd have no idea.
  • Options

PlatoSaid said:

She's 10 seconds faster in the 800m, though. Down to the wire.
    Ten seconds?!? Golly didn't know the margin was so massive
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Rutherford in lead!

Have faith !
  • Options
    Kenya are going to work as a team here in the 10k
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Bbc just said the difference is about 10s worth...nail biter.
  • Options
    I remember attending the world cross country years ago & these guys who look to be easing around the track you would have to spirit just to keep up with them.
  • Options
    Comentator curse.....
  • Options
    MAN DOWN! And then back up.
  • Options
    Ultimate mockers by Brendan and cram too busy eulogisi g and tempting fate...
  • Options
    nunu said:

PlatoSaid said:

Rutherford in lead!

Have faith !
    2nd now.
  • Options

They are commentating like no else has a chance...as if it is Mo vs some club athletes.
  • Options
    Massive jump from the yank - Rutherford drops to Silver position. Farah still on his feet.
  • Options

They are commentating like no else has a chance...as if it is Mo vs some club athletes.
    I wish all commentators would give us info on others. I find endless wittering about just one or two really tedious.
  • Options

I remember attending the world cross country years ago & these guys who look to be easing around the track you would have to spirit just to keep up with them.

I tried javelin as a youngster, it's really hard.

Huge respect to those who can manage it well. We've no competitors in the event.
  • Options
    Brendan Foster is talking this 10k up WAY too much. #senseofimpendingdoom
  • Options
    Holy crap 8.28! for SA
  • Options
    Go Mo!
  • Options
    Who's the white in third?
  • Options
    Final lap! Mo-mentum!
  • Options
    MO!
  • Options
    Nasty scuff on his shoulder from that fall
  • Options
    What a magnificent run.
  • Options

Final lap! Mo-mentum!

Haahahahahaha Lol funny.
  • Options
    55s last lap after 9,6km. Most people could never run one lap of 55s ever.
  • Options
    Jeez that South African is going great guns.
  • Options
    'Course Lasse Viren fell over in the 10k in '72 and then won Gold. #10kfacts
  • Options
    JohnLoonyJohnLoony Posts: 1,790
    Not as good as 8.95m #OohItsAnEnormousOne
  • Options
    Bronze for Rutherford
  • Options
    Lawson's coach disputing the rules of long jump, there.
  • Options
    Brilliant bronze
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,432
    The Belgian has really hurt her arm. It may impede her run
  • Options

Brilliant bronze

Agreed. Massive effort.
  • Options
    Awww. Mo very emotional there.
  • Options
    Anyone know when the 800m heptathlone is? I feel more tired than Mo.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

After 100m final
  • Options
    DavidL said:

02:50 - 03:26

Women's Heptathlon 800m
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

DavidL said:

Women's Heptathlon 800m
    Thanks. Hanging on by my fingertips here.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

PlatoSaid said:

DavidL said:

Women's Heptathlon 800m
    Come on, solidarity. We've come this far.
  • Options
    Rutherford just seems an incredibly decent guy.
  • Options
    Awww

I want to hug Greg Rutherford. He's gutted.
  • Options

DavidL said:

PlatoSaid said:

DavidL said:

Women's Heptathlon 800m
    We all better start getting into training for Tokyo as soon as this one finishes.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

PlatoSaid said:

DavidL said:

Women's Heptathlon 800m
    Nearly 6am here! Go Jess!!!
  • Options
    DavidL said:

DavidL said:

PlatoSaid said:

DavidL said:

Women's Heptathlon 800m
    We all better start getting into training for Tokyo as soon as this one finishes.
    Don't. I can't think about it. One of my students is an elite athlete and there's a real chance he will be in the GB squad for Tokyo. I'll be mainlining espresso.
  • Options
    Michael Johnson is simply the best commentator on athletics. Period.
  • Options
    Michael Jordan is a great pundit.
  • Options

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

PlatoSaid said:

DavidL said:

Women's Heptathlon 800m
    Don't. I can't think about it. One of my students is an elite athlete and there's a real chance he will be in the GB squad for Tokyo. I'll be mainlining espresso.
    I thought ur a lawyer? Or do u moonlight as a coach! What sport?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I know some have noted our 4th places. Feel for Japan, 14/24 medals are bronzes

We have 7/28
  • Options
    Ouch, Thiam has ruptured elbow ligament
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

Yes. As I say I don't really know how you run with that. It's going to hurt.
  • Options
    AramintaMoonbeamQCAramintaMoonbeamQC Posts: 3,640
    edited August 2016
    nunu said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

PlatoSaid said:

DavidL said:

Women's Heptathlon 800m
    I thought ur a lawyer? Or do u moonlight as a coach! What sport?
    Started life as a lawyer. Now teaching.

My student competes in several events at elite junior level - remains to be seen which will emerge as his senior event. Hope it works out for him, he's incredibly dedicated.
  • Options
    Oh shit swimming
  • Options
    Silver in the pool
  • Options
    Brilliant silver in the final medley for Team GB
  • Options
    DavidL said:

PlatoSaid said:

Every stride is going to kill.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

PlatoSaid said:

With adrenaline!
  • Options

Massive improvement on London for the swimmers.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

What's that? I thought we were 7th
  • Options
    PlatoSaid said:

What's that? I thought we were 7th
    Men's
  • Options
    Brave effort by JEH - but not quite enough by the look of things
  • Options
    Silver for Jess
  • Options
    Heroic run but not enough in the end. Gold, Silvers and Bronze tonight for GB. Goodnight all.
  • Options
    It looks like a new generation is taking over in athletics - which is how it should be. But a shame to see past heroes falling just short.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Massive improvement on London for the swimmers.
    Were we expecting anything, I didn't even have it on my possible list
This discussion has been closed.