Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If Corbyn’s future was decided by those who voted for the p

SystemSystem Posts: 11,683
edited July 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If Corbyn’s future was decided by those who voted for the party at GE2015 his prospects would look grim

Corbyn’s battle to hang onto his job, as we all know, will be decided by party members and others who’ve managed to become part of the “selectorate” for this crucial election.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PClippPClipp Posts: 2,138
    First
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    Second!
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 41,974
    third
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    500 up...we want more, we want more....
  • Options
    Innocent_AbroadInnocent_Abroad Posts: 3,294
    Smith is worth about 10p. Which is about 10p more than JC.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,984
    Good afternoon, everyone.

F1: qualifying has only just ended. Let's hope that's all the rain for the race weekend done.
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391

Good afternoon, everyone.

F1: qualifying has only just ended. Let's hope that's all the rain for the race weekend done.

Hungary is vastly more entertaining with rain. And it would significantly reduce the chance of an undeserved pole converting to an undeserved race win.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395

Plenty of time to get 650.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Plenty of time to get 650.
    Bairstow looking like he wants to get a move on with this. Run a ball at the moment.
  • Options
    F1: there's some dispute over Rosberg's lap. Unsure how it'll go, so check if you're betting early.

Mr. Maaarsh, I believe it'll be dry, alas.
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    I wonder how many of the 56* paid 25 quid to ensure their dissatisfaction can be registered effectively?

* presumes the majority were not eligible members in 2015 and could vote on leadership.
  • Options
    BigIanBigIan Posts: 198
    But this argument is missing the millions upon millions who didn't vote Labour at the GE because the party was too tory. Surely losing a few Blairite voters is nothing compared with the massive gains they'll pick up from all the entirely unimaginary proper Labour supporters...
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    Red Tory infiltrators at the GE.

Labour will be better off cleansed of them.
  • Options
    BBC reports Breivik link and the gunman saying he's German. Accidentally forget to mention reports he shouted Allahu Akbar:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36874497

• Options

F1: there's some dispute over Rosberg's lap. Unsure how it'll go, so check if you're betting early.

Mr. Maaarsh, I believe it'll be dry, alas.

Is it this MrMorris?

F1Writers™
    F1Writers™ – ‏@f1writers

VIDEO: Rosberg went quickest in sector 2 under double yellows #HungarianGp via @G3OF1 #F1
  • Options
    Surely we're overdue a pro-Corbyn thread on PB...

Where's NPxxMP when we need him?
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,311
    edited July 2016

"Comrades, this is your Leadership Candidate. It is an honour to speak to you today, and I am honoured to be sailing with you on the maiden voyage of our motherland's most recent achievement. Once more, we play our dangerous game, a game of chess against our old adversary — The Conservative Party! For a hundred years, your fathers before you and your older brothers played this game and played it well. But today the game is different. We have the advantage. It reminds me of the heady days of 1945 and Clement Attlee, when the world trembled at the sound of our Nationalisations! Well, they will tremble again — at the sound of our Progressiveness. The order is: engage the Corbyn Drive!

"Comrades, our own Parliamentary Party don't know our full potential. They will do everything possible to test us; but they will only test their own embarrassment. We will leave our MPs behind, we will pass through the Conservative patrols, past their sonar nets, and lay off their largest constituency, and listen to their chortling and tittering... while we conduct Austerity Debates! Then, and when we are finished, the only sound they will hear is our laughter, while we sail to Havana, where the sun is warm, and so is the... Comradeship!

"A great day, Comrades! We sail into history!"
  • Options
    Mr. Moses, that's the chap.

However, I saw the yellow light by Alonso's car (electronic flag, if you will) turn to green, so I would guess Rosberg may be alright. Hope so.
  • Options

BBC reports Breivik link and the gunman saying he's German. Accidentally forget to mention reports he shouted Allahu Akbar:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36874497

Also, A big thing is being made if I'm German & f##ing Turks , but little of the context why he said them.
  • Options

Mr. Moses, that's the chap.

However, I saw the yellow light by Alonso's car (electronic flag, if you will) turn to green, so I would guess Rosberg may be alright. Hope so.

Maybe but....

"Replays, however, showed yellow flags were displayed as Rosberg completed his flying lap and it remains to be seen if his lap will be investigated."

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/hungarian-gp-rosberg-grabs-pole-in-chaotic-interrupted-qualifying-801415/
  • Options
    edmundintokyoedmundintokyo Posts: 17,150

I think he tries to avoid saying positively unhelpful things about Labour. Which, right now, is anything you can possibly say about Labour.
  • Options
    Hales, Vince and Ballance are the 3 lowest scorers in the English innings to-date...

kind of 'tidy' that.
  • Options
    Mr. Urquhart, it's rather sad that media, politicians and police frankly can't be trusted to be honest about something like this.

It may be the eyewitness was wrong (mistakes can be made) but reporting one thing the gunman shouted but not another is questionable at best.
  • Options

Mr. Urquhart, it's rather sad that media, politicians and police frankly can't be trusted to be honest about something like this.

It may be the eyewitness was wrong (mistakes can be made) but reporting one thing the gunman shouted but not another is questionable at best.

As far as I know all the I'm a German stuff came in response to abuse being shouted at him. We don't know what they said, but I am presuming "you ain't a real Muslim bruv" type thing relating to his origins & those shouting the abuse are thought to be of Turkish decent.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    edited July 2016
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Oooooo.....

Red Bull Racing team principal Christian Horner says he wants stewards to check that Nico Rosberg lifted for double-waved yellow flags on his pole position lap. Both Rosberg and Mercedes claimed he took a “big lift” despite setting a fastest middle sector, which included the yellow flags.

When told Rosberg lifted for the yellows, Horner replied: “With that sort of laptime? That’s down to the stewards to decide.

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/horner-wants-stewards-to-check-that-rosberg-lifted-801468/
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Somebody at the BBC finally read the guardian & decided Ali wasn't important. As for "breaking", the telegraph named him early this morning. Mail, guardian etc had more details throughout the day.

It is all rather desperate limbo dancing. Report the facts!
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

ttps://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/756856874763423744

Except his name was Ali...

WTF are the BBC playing at - even the Guardian has been refering to the killer as Ali all day.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Mr. Moses, it seems he did.

Also, Horner's just grumpy because Verstappen was a bit late so didn't get another fast lap in, and Ricciardo was a bit slow/unlucky with the yellow.

Mr. Urquhart, indeed.

Mr. Hopkins, silence! There's nothing suspicious about an Iranian Muslim shouting Allahu Akbar whilst shooting people also being a white supremacist!

You, my friend, need to visit a cultural sensitivity workshop to eliminate your whitesplaining ways. Check your privilege.

Edited extra bit: going to stop talking about the Munich attack now. I'm more concerned by the selective reporting and covering up of information than the terrorism. People need to be able to trust media, police and politicians. Germany's authorities appear to have been inspired by Rotherham's approach to reported child abuse.

Anyway, I shall concentrate on the happier topic of F1.
  • Options
    Bbc envy of the world, can't even report somebodies name accurately. I blame Tory cuts!
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071

We certainly don't "need" NPxxMP but it'd be fun if he turned up and we could (electronically) poke him with a stick for amusement value.
  • Options
    Mr. Moses, Horner seems to be surprised the Mercedes is faster than the Red Bull. Has he been asleep for the last two and a half years?
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

WTF are the BBC playing at - even the Guardian has been refering to the killer as Ali all day.
    BBC desperate to make this a right-wing nutjob attack now it may not obviously be ISIS inspired. Just ignore them - they have no credibility left.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Union of the Snake at Old Trafford.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/36668816
  • Options

Oh theres a simple explantation for that. Trigger is writing the scripts for the BBC website.

http://youtu.be/-hUtmNeFVng
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    weejonnie said:

BBC desperate to make this a right-wing nutjob attack now it may not obviously be ISIS inspired. Just ignore them - they have no credibility left.
    The germans have compardd it to the classic shooter rampage with no political motive, so not like brevikt at all (as his was all political ideology). The connection to brevikt is in that he researched / was obsessed with mass shootings including brevikt.

Now perhaps he was inspired by right wing extremism, but as the bbc like to tell us so often they only report facts not conjecture.
  • Options

Bbc envy of the world, can't even report somebodies name accurately. I blame Tory cuts!

It's Brexit now that gets the blame for everything. Obviously you haven't yet received the memo.
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

Oh theres a simple explantation for that. Trigger is writing the scripts for the BBC website.

Lol....that is one of my favourite sketches in only fools & horses!
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

It's Brexit now that gets the blame for everything. Obviously you haven't yet received the memo.
    On yes I forgot!
  • Options
    Well good session for England without any real excitement. Was hoping for some fireworks & instead they just grinded out the runs.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    GeoffM said:

We certainly don't "need" NPxxMP but it'd be fun if he turned up and we could (electronically) poke him with a stick for amusement value.
    He's trying to get selected for a safe seat. Why do u think he has been so loyal, and was campaigning in Islington.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

They said it was David Ali sonboly
  • Options

Mr. Moses, Horner seems to be surprised the Mercedes is faster than the Red Bull. Has he been asleep for the last two and a half years?

Possibly . No axe to grind here really Rosberg claims he lifted

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rosberg-expects-to-keep-pole-after-very-big-lift-under-yellows-801478/
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    edited July 2016
    Corbyn may be a zombie, but he could win the election due to the hard core activists. The poll simply says what the greater Labour party has known or is coming to realise : he can't win the country
    As I've said before, if we had a subtler political system with a spectrum of parties Corbyn could usefully represent an honourable far left with something to say, but no serious power.
    As it is we tend to think either/or black/white with each side tending to undo the other's initiatives.
    Corbyn won't get that chance.
    P/S Froome is holding on to his commanding lead, in spite of yesterday's tumble.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Telegraph transcript of the video claims it was the people on the balcony yelling "f##king arsehole", " you wanker", "Your head should be cut off you a*****e", "f##king foreigner" to which he relies "I am German".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/23/munich-shooter-responds-to-fg-foreigner-taunts-by-saying-i-am-ge/
  • Options
    Go Pakistan!

Sorry Tebbit!
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    nunu said:

This is a direct quote from their web site:

His name has not been officially released but he is being named locally as David Sonboly.

• Options
    Betting Post

F1: for reasons I don't understand, No Safety Car is evens with Ladbrokes.

Hungary is the single track least likely to get a safety car and the forecast I checked (which can, of course, be wrong) indicates it'll be almost certainly dry.

Quick tip ahead of the pre-race piece as the odds may be corrected.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

nunu said:

His name has not been officially released but he is being named locally as David Sonboly.

And no other media organisation think that is his name...even pc obsessed guardian call him simply Ali. Bbc have been playing silly buggers all day saying person not named, even when every other media outlet carried the name since very early this morning.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    BBC is reporting that seven of nine random victims were teenagers. Three victims were from Kosovo, three from Turkey and one from Greece. Breivik targeted the children of left wing Norwegians. - The similarity is almost spooky….
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658

Moses_ said:

On yes I forgot!
    Brexit looks like Brevikt
  • Options
    F1: markets only half-awake, so the pre-race piece may be a little while yet (qualifying lasted nearly two hours).
  • Options

Moses_ said:

Lol....that is one of my favourite sketches in only fools & horses!
    Chandelier one is mine. The documentary stated that they had one chance only to get that right with the looks they gave each other. Posted here as the world needs to " lighten up " a bit.

http://youtu.be/LFuYIi5-igc
  • Options
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/36861737?client=ms-android-oneplus#

Why on earth are we going ahead with this when oil is at $50? Madness.
  • Options

BBC is reporting that seven of nine random victims were teenagers. Three victims were from Kosovo, three from Turkey and one from Greece. Breivik targeted the children of left wing Norwegians. - The similarity is almost spooky….

Yes and no. Brevik wanted to wipe the next generation of lefties off the face of the earth. The germans have said no political motivation with the suggestion so far is that this guy wanted to take revenge on people of his generation who bullied him.
  • Options
    nunu said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/36861737?client=ms-android-oneplus#

MADNESS? THIS IS BREXIT!!!
  • Options
    nunu said:

Go Pakistan!

Sorry Tebbit!

Come on Muslim-controlled India!
  • Options
    Surprised the 3rd umpire there didn't decide that his bat had bumped up off the ground!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Root is going to need a big mug of Yorkshire tea & a rub down with the sport pages after this innings!
  • Options
    We want 600...we want 600...
  • Options

nunu said:

Bill Sonboly!
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    nunu said:

What is the long-term forecast for oil? i.e. in 10 years once the construction is complete?

While I expect oil to be trading in the $40-$60 range in the medium-term, I'd expect in the longer term it would be back to the $100 level.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

weejonnie said:

The germans have compardd it to the classic shooter rampage with no political motive, so not like brevikt at all (as his was all political ideology). The connection to brevikt is in that he researched / was obsessed with mass shootings including brevikt.

Now perhaps he was inspired by right wing extremism, but as the bbc like to tell us so often they only report facts not conjecture.
    And don't forget there was another ISIS attack in Pakistan today or yesterday - 61 dead.
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

weejonnie said:

And don't forget there was another ISIS attack in Pakistan today or yesterday - 61 dead.
    Ssshh ....it's all about right wing extremists called David!
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    weejonnie said:

weejonnie said:

Afghanistan:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-36874570
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    End of a great innings.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    Pulpstar said:

End of a great innings.

Two runs short of the Old Trafford record!
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

End of a great innings.

Boooooooooooo
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

End of a great innings.

Boooooooooooo
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :lol:
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,205
    http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/07/moral-case-jeremy-corbyn/

A very good article. This idea that Corbyn is a decent principled but sadly incompetent person needs to be nailed. Nothing decent about his principles when judged against what he has done and people he has chosen to speak up for and defend.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,945
    Root now has the highest test average of any England player playing entirely in the post war era.
  • Options
    Cyclefree said:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/07/moral-case-jeremy-corbyn/

A very good article. This idea that Corbyn is a decent principled but sadly incompetent person needs to be nailed. Nothing decent about his principles when judged against what he has done and people he has chosen to speak up for and defend.

The same spin was tried with Brown!
  • Options
    We also have a very decent seam attack - better than the Pakistani one.
  • Options
    Great innings by Root

I see the BBC have his replacement listed as Moeen David...
  • Options

Root now has the highest test average of any England player playing entirely in the post war era.

What is so impressive about root is he is just as dangerous in one day & T20, where he can let loose & score at a rate with the best of them...while also being able to grind out test innings over multiple days.
  • Options

Except Barrington ...
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

Great innings by Root

I think you mean Mark David!
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,205
    Incidentally, St Petersburg is a wonderful city.

Amazing amounts of bling in the baroque rooms of the Hermitage. Makes European baroque seem positively minimalist.

Huge numbers of Chinese tourists too, all of whom seem quite incapable of looking at the art using their eyes, choosing instead to film everything. Quite why you'd want to see some of the world's greatest art through something barely larger than a postage stamp beats me.

The Chinese are also building huge blocks of flats in the outer suburbs, which surprised me.

It all makes a huge change from my first visit 28 years ago when it was impossible to find any edible food.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Tbh no point declaring here. Might as well score the runs you'd be getting in the third innings right now and at a decent rate as you're essentially playing "for free" in terms of not having to keep wickets in hand.
    Just smash out to 610 or some such.
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    Pulpstar said:

Tbh no point declaring here. Might as well score the runs you'd be getting in the third innings right now and at a decent rate as you're essentially playing "for free" in terms of not having to keep wickets in hand.

625 please!
  • Options
    MTimT said:

Except Barrington ...
    Bugger I missed Barrington. For some reason I thought he started before the war.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    MTimT said:

nunu said:

What is the long-term forecast for oil? i.e. in 10 years once the construction is complete?

While I expect oil to be trading in the $40-$60 range in the medium-term, I'd expect in the longer term it would be back to the $100 level.
    Why is that, Mr T.? The demand for oil seems set to fall and there is no sign that its sources of supply are likely to dry up. In fact if prices do start to rise then will not the Septic's tight oil sources come back online as the once again become profitable?

I should have thought the availability of sources that can quickly be brought into play once the price makes them viable would actually act as cap to the oil price. I am not sure why you think it will ever again reach $100.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Pulpstar said:

The runs are coming so quickly & easily. They could easily rack up another 50-100 in no time.
  • Options
    Love this from the BBC cricket feed:

"Captain Blackaddick: First Stokes, now Root. England batsmen really need to stop giving away their wicket in the 250s. Totally unacceptable."
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

The runs are coming so quickly & easily. They could easily rack up another 50-100 in no time.
    Decided to keep Broad fresh I guess.
  • Options
    F1: just keeping a lazy eye on Rosberg. Not sure there's even an investigation. If there is, the market to watch is lap 1 leader (also, note he may just end up being 2nd, so it won't be like Spain 2012 where Hamilton got disqualified and someone could bet on Maldonado and Alonso at 6 each to lead lap 1, despite starting 1 and 2).
  • Options
    Boooooooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

The idea is to have a bowl at the Pakistanis this evening. Get them 3 or 4 down by close of play.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Moses_ said:

Great innings by Root

They have corrected it :wink:

Moeen David Ali
  • Options
    Moses_ said:

Moses_ said:

Great innings by Root

They have corrected it

I see the BBC have his replacement listed as Moeen David Ali
    David Sonboly Miliband
  • Options
    390 to avoid the follow on is rather daunting.
  • Options
    David_EvershedDavid_Evershed Posts: 6,506
    Pulpstar said:

And of course our star Birmingham spinner, Mark David.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Two men who attempted to abduct a serviceman near an RAF base were likely to have been "part of a larger team", police have said.

RAF Marham abduction suspects 'part of larger team'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-36873967

Just "men"... No other details known about them?

If they carry on like this every crime watch episode will be wanted person of non described gender or race and no appearance details. We ask the public to phone in if you saw said person....
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    Cyclefree said:

Incidentally, St Petersburg is a wonderful city.

Amazing amounts of bling in the baroque rooms of the Hermitage. Makes European baroque seem positively minimalist.

Huge numbers of Chinese tourists too, all of whom seem quite incapable of looking at the art using their eyes, choosing instead to film everything. Quite why you'd want to see some of the world's greatest art through something barely larger than a postage stamp beats me.

The Chinese are also building huge blocks of flats in the outer suburbs, which surprised me.

It all makes a huge change from my first visit 28 years ago when it was impossible to find any edible food.

I went there for a conference in the very early nineties and, by the cringe, it was grim. Even the Australians wouldn't eat the food. Our guide was pleased to show us the bullet holes etc. left over from the war, she couldn't understand when I said London had suffered lots of damage too, but we had repaired it.

You could get anything that was available for a packet of Marlboro, mind. There just anything available that an married English gentleman would want.
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

And of course our star Birmingham spinner, Mark David.
    David Ali Sonboly Evershed!
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238

Two men who attempted to abduct a serviceman near an RAF base were likely to have been "part of a larger team", police have said.

RAF Marham abduction suspects 'part of larger team'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-36873967

Just "men"... No other details known about them?

Probably gays with a liking for men in uniform. :smiley:
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658

Pulpstar said:

The idea is to have a bowl at the Pakistanis this evening. Get them 3 or 4 down by close of play.
    The purpose of leaving the runs to the third innings is to give the bowlers an extra break.
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    CNN giving Tim Caine the Marco Rubio treatment.
  • Options

F1: just keeping a lazy eye on Rosberg. Not sure there's even an investigation. If there is, the market to watch is lap 1 leader (also, note he may just end up being 2nd, so it won't be like Spain 2012 where Hamilton got disqualified and someone could bet on Maldonado and Alonso at 6 each to lead lap 1, despite starting 1 and 2).

Toto reckons he's ok...but I guess he would.

"Rosberg's pole time being set under yellow flags for Alonso's spin proved a source of controversy after the session - but Wolff is confident the German did nothing wrong. Wolff said: "What we saw on the data, his lift was enough. Obviously somebody is maybe going to protest or look at it, but what we've seen, we should be OK."

Motorsport.com
This discussion has been closed.