Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Corbyn’s future – the wait goes on

124»

Comments

• Options
    jayfdeejayfdee Posts: 618
    stjohn said:

RobD said:

Barnesian said:

BBC don't understand it is AV. They need a tutorial.

If only there were some experts on here!
    Briatin has had enough of experts.
    Briatin?
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245

YEEEEEEEESSSSSS

Seconded, let's all laugh as labour circle the drain. If it wasn't for the fact that this country now has no effective opposition I'd laugh my balls off.

Loads of bearded Dick heads in Che, t shirts really aren't going to cut it
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    MaxPB said:

Danny565 said:

Danny565 said:

Thank GOD we've been saved from the disaster of an Eagle leadership.

If Corbyn wasn't on the ballot plenty of other non-Eagle candidates would have come forward, you know.
    None of whom would've been any more electable or any more in tune with public opinion, except possibly Clive Lewis.
    Labour is dead now as a political movement. The party will split and the brand will wither.
    I don't understand this level of pessimism. Labour still have about 230 MPs, the next GE is nearly four years away, UKIP is not the an English SNP. Lots could happen in four years but even in the worst case Labour will still be the second largest political group in the commons and Corbyn will have to retire or die at some point. It may take a while but there is plenty of scope for Labour to come back.

I think there are some of us on here who remember similar things being said about Labour's death after the 1983 GE (and indeed about the Conservatives after 2001).
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,978
    edited July 2016
    I can't see how labour MPs can unite around a leader who will obviously lead them all to a huge electoral defeat. What is the point in Corbyn continuing? - to prove he's as useless as we all think he is?

• Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    Laura Kuenssberg ‏@bbclaurak 11m11 minutes ago

Highly likely that Labour Party itself will challenge the decision in the courts
  • Options
    ProdicusProdicus Posts: 658

What is the point in Corbyn continuing? - to prove he's as useless as we all think he is?

To win another Leadership mandate from his sect enabling him to impose mandatory reselection of Labour MPs (to be enforced by Momentum intimidation of CLPs) thus moulding the Party Formerly Known As Labour into his parliamentary (not that he gives a toss about that) likeness. Get some Momentum MPs. Rename it the Momentum Party, put Milne in as chairman of the MPNEC and Bob's your uncle. Supportive News coverage on BBC and C4 every night while the longed-for Revolution is being organised on the streets.

Electorate? Democracy? Are you having a larf? Frankly, sod the citizenry. They will learn to do as their Leader tells them or else those nice boys from Momentum will be paying some house calls.

Joking apart, anyone remember the Hard Left in Red Lion Square in the good old days? It's all coming back... so to speak.
  • Options

MaxPB said:

Danny565 said:

Danny565 said:

Thank GOD we've been saved from the disaster of an Eagle leadership.

If Corbyn wasn't on the ballot plenty of other non-Eagle candidates would have come forward, you know.
    None of whom would've been any more electable or any more in tune with public opinion, except possibly Clive Lewis.
    Labour is dead now as a political movement. The party will split and the brand will wither.
    I don't understand this level of pessimism. Labour still have about 230 MPs, the next GE is nearly four years away, UKIP is not the an English SNP. Lots could happen in four years but even in the worst case Labour will still be the second largest political group in the commons and Corbyn will have to retire or die at some point. It may take a while but there is plenty of scope for Labour to come back.

I think there are some of us on here who remember similar things being said about Labour's death after the 1983 GE (and indeed about the Conservatives after 2001).
    Quite right - Labour aren't going to roll over and die over the next 3 yrs and 10 mnths, it's simply not in the nature of things - somehow or other they'll find a way through this whether it takes six months, a year or even two years. Come 2020 they will be a fighting force again. Anyone who believes otherwise is deluding themselves. They may not recover sufficiently to win the GE, but my guess is that they will win a good many more seats than they did last year.
  • Options
    AndrewAndrew Posts: 2,900
    Well, kudos to Corbyn, he's a resilient bugger.

Looks like Labour will be effectively dead before they celebrate the 100yr anniversary of their first spell in government.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Says it all really.

Twitter
    Rachel Reeves Verified account
    @RachelReevesMP
    Follow @saving_labour tonight to join the campaign and get the strong leadership we so urgently need
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    George Eaton
    Labour NEC votes for six month membership freeze date and two days for registered supporters with £25 fee.
  • Options
    PlatoSaidPlatoSaid Posts: 10,383
    Craig Woodhouse
    Corbyn's army of £3 supporters will need to re-register and pay £25 fee. And huge number of new arrivals can't vote.
  • Options
    ProdicusProdicus Posts: 658
    KatyScholesSKY: JC talks of "new politics" where "one person speaks and the other listens". 1st journo Q interrupted by nearby supporter shouting "wanker".
This discussion has been closed.