Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » It has to be May

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    ToryJimToryJim Posts: 3,488

As others have said, Leadsom has timed this well to torpedo the Eagle.

Nobody trumps the Conservatives for arch political ruthlessness
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @paulwaugh: Senior source close to Corbyn: "If May is installed, then this makes a Labour summer leadership campaign a luxury the party cannot afford"

@DPJHodges: Corbyn and his supporters don't thinking winning is important. What you're seeing today is a party that does think winning is important.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    glw said:

As others have said, Leadsom has timed this well to torpedo the Eagle.

The fact that you can take out that particular Eagle with a torpedo is telling.
    You don't need a torpedo. Someone that lightweight can be knocked over with a slight flick of a finger.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Mortimer said:

Never underestimate the ruthlessness of the Tory party in government.

I'm sure the idea of having a new PM whilst various people in Labour are talking about legal actions re: their own leadership crisis must be attractive right now.

Tories on 45% in opinion polls this year, anyone?

Tories on 45% whilst discussing EEA with no restriction on FOM? UKIP on the other 55% then?
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831

Brady being a bit hesitant

He wasn't expecting to deal with this today. It does take time to confirm everything officially.
    He says the election is closed but constitutional issues need to be addressed. The availability of Her Majesty will be need to be established
    There has already been confirmation that HMQ is not expecting to return to London today.
  • Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503
    Now we can start talking about PM May's cabinet. I may never leave PB at this rate.
  • Options
    @GuardianAnushka: Boris Johnson: "Theresa May will provide the authority and the leadership necessary to unite the Conservative Party". Called Leadsom brave
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    I wonder whether May will become PM on Wednesday afternoon following Cameron's final PMQ's.

Discussions with Sir Christopher Geidt - Her Maj's Private Secretary required.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,031
    Mr. Jim, maybe the Diadochi?
  • Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,464

TGOHF said:

The Con leadership contest has been brutally efficient at weeding out those least suitable for the job in such a short period of time.

Labour on the other hand..

A major priority for any future Labour leader will be re-writing the rule book from scratch.
    The rules are fine; it was the culture of MPs and the party that enabled Corbyn to stand. The 15% nomination rule is there for a reason.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,342
    Alistair said:

Mortimer said:

I'm sure the idea of having a new PM whilst various people in Labour are talking about legal actions re: their own leadership crisis must be attractive right now.

Tories on 45% whilst discussing EEA with no restriction on FOM? UKIP on the other 55% then?
    The outraged UKIPpers will mostly be in northern constituencies where the Tories have no chance anyway.
  • Options
    @EdConwaySky: FTSE 250 & pound climbing post-Leadsom. Relief we’ll have new PM sooner than later. And markets prefer May to Leadsom (more EU-friendly)
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    PlatoSaid said:

1. Leadsom pulls out
    2. May becomes PM straight away
    3. May backed Remain. Hasn't even been endorsed by her membership
    4. Labour are divided and attacking each other. The Tories are also divided but about to stop attacking each other
    4. May makes a statement about needing a mandate. Calls an early election. Tory party pull together. Labour pull apart
    5. May becomes Thatcher with another 144 majority

If there's no membership contest - I'll be very pissed off.

I stopped voting for New Labour - I don't want it again run by someone equally keen on snooping.
    I thought you were undecided?
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Another person pleased with the news will be the individual charged with licking 130,000 stamps for the leadership ballot .... :smile:
  • Options
    @MrJacHart: The second female Prime Minister... delivered without an all women shortlist, and a pink bus.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Alistair said:

Mortimer said:

The outraged UKIPpers will mostly be in northern constituencies where the Tories have no chance anyway.
    UKIP top 100 seats are split evenly across labour and Conservative seats.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,342
    Alistair said:

Alistair said:

Mortimer said:

Most Conservative voters would be fine with the EEA option - it's the Labour ones who will be outraged.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664

Alistair said:

Alistair said:

Mortimer said:

Most Conservative voters would be fine with the EEA option - it's the Labour ones who will be outraged.
    Indeed. I voted tory in 2015 and remain in June, but now I'm a beLEEAver. Not a trace of doubt in my mind.
  • Options

Alistair said:

Alistair said:

Mortimer said:

I'm sure all those Boston and Castle Point Conservative voters agree with you.
  • Options
    David_EvershedDavid_Evershed Posts: 6,506

Brady refers to Andrea May. Ahem.

Complete unification.
This discussion has been closed.