Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Keiran Pedley on why Jeremy Corbyn should not automatically

SystemSystem Posts: 11,703
edited July 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Keiran Pedley on why Jeremy Corbyn should not automatically make the Labour leadership ballot

Ahead of Tuesday’s NEC judgement, Keiran Pedley argues that the Labour leadership system is broken and leaders that lose a no confidence motion in parliament should be required to seek nominations from MPs to stand again.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,146
    Hanging on by a new thread.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,446
    Second like Raonic
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990
    One good thing to come out of all this is that Labour may actually update their rule book to make it clear in the future!
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,551
    HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

Hitchens also, like Heffer, no fan of May

'Look, I am resigned to the coronation of Mrs Theresa May as our next Prime Minister. In a cynical way, I am quite pleased by it, as she is so Left-wing that she may well achieve my main aim in life – the final and utter destruction of the Useless, Fraudulent Tory Party.

But spare me the suggestion that she is the new Margaret Thatcher. I’m not actually a Thatcherite, and disapprove of a lot of what the Iron Lady did.

But I did meet Mrs Thatcher, and talk to her, and watch her in action. And Mrs May is no Margaret Thatcher. She is in fact the new John Major.'
    http://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/

Good lord, Theresa May is left wing? Hitchens needs to take a couple of deep breaths.

John Major gets a bad rap - he was running the tail end of an 18 year government with a large part of the party that no longer cared about staying in power. He lost to one of the best 'candidates' for PM we've had in a long time (I say candidate as on paper he was perfect regardless of the actual results!)
    Yes but Heffer and Hitchens see anyone vaguely sane as untrustworthy and weak
    Or is it that in today's political culture, you have to be untrustworthy and weak to be seen as vaguely sane?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,146
    That US graph on the last thread is a damning indictment of Greenspan and Bernanke.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,941
    After a dozen false starts in as many days, I'll believe a challenge is happening only after an MP actually submits the form with the appropriate number of signatures on it!
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,583
    @andrewlomas: In an alternate universe, a tired Tony Blair pours himself a drink at Chequers, muses on 19 years as PM, & rues not invading Iraq in 2003.
  • Options
    Stark_DawningStark_Dawning Posts: 9,324

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

'Look, I am resigned to the coronation of Mrs Theresa May as our next Prime Minister. In a cynical way, I am quite pleased by it, as she is so Left-wing that she may well achieve my main aim in life – the final and utter destruction of the Useless, Fraudulent Tory Party.

But spare me the suggestion that she is the new Margaret Thatcher. I’m not actually a Thatcherite, and disapprove of a lot of what the Iron Lady did.

But I did meet Mrs Thatcher, and talk to her, and watch her in action. And Mrs May is no Margaret Thatcher. She is in fact the new John Major.'

Good lord, Theresa May is left wing? Hitchens needs to take a couple of deep breaths.

John Major gets a bad rap - he was running the tail end of an 18 year government with a large part of the party that no longer cared about staying in power. He lost to one of the best 'candidates' for PM we've had in a long time (I say candidate as on paper he was perfect regardless of the actual results!)
    Or is it that in today's political culture, you have to be untrustworthy and weak to be seen as vaguely sane?
    Hitchens has probably concluded that his readership is broadly Tory and broadly pro-May. So, by giving this disclaimer about her early on, he's cleared the path for his favourite hobby later: telling his readership how stupid they are and that they should have listened to his prophecies.
  • Options
    The one thing that really annoyed me about Corbyn's appearance on The Marr Show.

Blue shirt, cream jacket, and black trousers.

FFS, smarten up you scuff, you're a candidate to be Prime Minister.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,048
    A fair attempt at tackling a nuanced issue.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144
    RobD said:

One good thing to come out of all this is that Labour may actually update their rule book to make it clear in the future!

Although, it's not like they have been short of lawyers in Labour. These are the folk who like us to believe they would make the laws for 60-odd million people. Yet they can't even get their shit together to set the rules for how a few hundred MPs might have a piss up in a brewery.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831

The one thing that really annoyed me about Corbyn's appearance on The Marr Show.

Oh but he isn't. And never was. And never will be.

I think, in his heart, he always knew this was a doomed adventure.
  • Options
    From one of the investigations team at The Times

@billykenber: Leadsom was a minister from April 2014, earning a salary of £98,740. So unclear why employment income is only £77k
  • Options

Would cream trousers have solved it?
  • Options
    RobD said:

Yup, I'm a frequent wearer of cream suits with blue shirts.
  • Options
    FPT:
    SPOTY betting - today's the day to lay Andy Murray, remembering it's an Olympics year. Was going to say the same about Lewis Hamilton but he's as long as 50/1, which looks like value.
  • Options

@billykenber: Leadsom was a minister from April 2014, earning a salary of £98,740. So unclear why employment income is only £77k

Pension contributions?
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,426

pension again? Didn't we go thru all this when Osborne and co did their forms?
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,426

His jacket is the least of his worries.
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    Congratulations to Andy Murray on a 2nd Wimbledon title and a 3rd Grand Slam. Watching today's match was actually a bit nerve-wracking at times, given Murray sometimes made life difficult for himself! I like Murray though, he's one of the nice guys in sport - comes across as very down to earth. I wouldn't mind at all if he won SPOTY again. I have to be honest and say I'm not the biggest fan of Lewis Hamilton. I've never really warmed to him.

The Daily Mail comments' section surely represents big 'C' Conservatives as opposed to small 'c' Conservatives. I think taking anecdotal data seriously in this case is a bit more difficult given we are dealing with party members, as opposed to the whole country (which is a far more diverse cross section of opinion to sample). While pollsters have been particularly disappointing in the last year as far as the GE and the EURef is concerned, it shouldn't be forgotten that it was less than a year ago that pollsters (particularly YouGov) got the last leadership contest right.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    edited July 2016
    Heather Watson wins the mixed doubles with partner Henri Kontinen.
  • Options
    paulyork64paulyork64 Posts: 2,461
    Go heather!
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    TheScreamingEagles said:
    Uh oh. Remain are going to lose.

The In team have been highly anxious about the attitude of the Labour leadership to the referendum. They now say that they are very encouraged that the party has started to get its act together since the local elections. Labour figures with experience of organising campaigns, such as the deputy leader Tom Watson, have become fully engaged. One non-Labour strategist working for the In campaign recently spoke to me about the Labour effort in a tone of pleasant surprise: “They know how to organise a ground campaign.”
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,369
    Great day for Independent GB Brits in Grand Prix and Wimbledon
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    If that's the case then there is going to be an absolute shitstorm in the Labour constituencies. The lefties will not take the disenfranchisement of their leader quietly. There will be some internal warfare if Corbyn stays but to not even allow him to stand will be the nuclear option.

Labour would be the "Divine WInd" of Bristish politics and as such pay a very heavy price.
  • Options
    BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 8,006
    Keiran says " This is different from the Conservatives where a leader defeated by a no confidence motion must go. "

Does this mean that if Leadsom is elected by Tory members, she could be deposed by a no confidence vote of the vast majority of Tory MPs who don't want her as PM? If so, yippee.
  • Options
    The_ApocalypseThe_Apocalypse Posts: 7,830
    Congratulations, Heather!
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

Keiran says " This is different from the Conservatives where a leader defeated by a no confidence motion must go. "

Does this mean that if Leadsom is elected by Tory members, she could be deposed by a no confidence vote of the vast majority of Tory MPs who don't want her as PM? If so, yippee.

Yes but not likely before she has had a period as PM
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

Yup, if a Tory leader loses a vote of no confidence they are automatically barred from standing in the subsequent leadership contest.

We know how to organise coups
  • Options
    Barnesian said:

Yes. A Conservative leader losing a vote of confidence - by a simple majority of MPs - is not allowed to stand in the election for his or her successor.
  • Options
    ToryJimToryJim Posts: 3,459
  • Options

Little wonder the country has gone to the dogs !! .. :astonished:

• Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    I believe any candidate should receive the required number of MPs, but as the rule currently stands, Corbyn is an automatic candidate.
  • Options

Barnesian said:

Yup, if a Tory leader loses a vote of no confidence they are automatically barred from standing in the subsequent leadership contest.

Possible there are draft letters ready to go in on Sep 10th ;)
  • Options
    ToryJim said:
    Isn't fully leaded petrol bad for you? *innocent face*
  • Options

RobD said:

Cheers. I think he looks a bit dapper in the photo above the line.
  • Options
    RobD said:

ToryJim said:
    Isn't fully leaded petrol bad for you? *innocent face*
    Yes and banned
  • Options
    RobD said:

RobD said:

Cheers. I think he looks a bit dapper in the photo above the line.
    As you know I have the highest fashion standards, perhaps I'm being unfair to Corbyn
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

Barnesian said:

Yes. A Conservative leader losing a vote of confidence - by a simple majority of MPs - is not allowed to stand in the election for his or her successor.
    To my mind this is where she is in a very weak position because she would have to form a cabinet from a party, two thirds of which do not want her at this time.

I really have to trust the membership to vote for unity and the country which as of now can only come from Theresa May
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,068
    edited July 2016
    FPT:
    nunu said:

rcs1000 said:

nunu said:

MontyHall said:

Also on the BBC Politics show today was a section, presented by a young woman from the remain campaign, analysing where it all went wrong for them.

Apparently, believing that parroting "It's the economy stupid" would resonate was one of their major misjudgements

I think that is right, because for most swing voters there has been no recovery, and many Leave voters have nothing to lose.
    And it's something that politicians could and should have done something about - and could have done so if they'd just grasped the nettle on housing:

Ooh. Thanks for that. That's very interesting.

This is real median income in the US over the last 20-odd years. Basically, the average person in the US is about 10% worse off than 17 years ago!

postimage
    Gee I wonder why Trump is doing so well, as well Sanders.

Why did the Democrats pick Hilary over Bernie, all the polls show he easily beats Trump.
    America wants change!
    (Maybe). :)
    It is worth noting this trend is global. The last two decades being pretty horrible for most people in terms of disposable income almost everywhere in the developed world: the USA, Sweden, Finland, France, Italy, Germany, and Japan have all had stangnant median incomes for an extended period.

The three developed countries have totally avoided this trap are: Canada, Australia, and Norway.

What did they do that was different? They were commodity exporters during a commodity bull market. No more, no less.
  • Options
    DaemonBarberDaemonBarber Posts: 1,626
    Apologies if that has been posted already
  • Options

Pension contributions, childcare etc.

Taxable income is less than gross income.
  • Options

pension again? Didn't we go thru all this when Osborne and co did their forms?
    Don't Ministers have BIK income ?
  • Options
    grahambc1grahambc1 Posts: 26
    The problem is caused by years under Blair where the party at large was sidelined in the selection of PPCs so the parliamentary party became detached from the party at large. If shortlists and candidates were not imposed in such a biased way then the parliamentary party would reflect the memberships wishes better and thus Corbyn would have greater support.
  • Options
    LowlanderLowlander Posts: 941
    edited July 2016
    JackW said:

So that's three wins for Scotland and one for Jersey in this Wimbledon alone.

Have to feel sorry for England, so many years of hurt. I think that's 39 years since an English woman and 29 years since an English man won a Wimbledon title.

And of course 80 years since an English man won the Gentleman's Singles.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

You bastard LEAVE voters. Just booked a hire car for my trip to Switzerland tomorrow

Jeepers. The £.

Pffffff!!

Haven't you just make a killing on a dollar-denominated deal? :D
  • Options
    I read that Theresa May is about to offer Michael Gove her old job of Home Secretary. If he does join her team she will have most of vote leave conservatives on her side.

Not doubt this will be announced or denied in the next few days
  • Options
    SeanT said:

You bastard LEAVE voters. Just booked a hire car for my trip to Switzerland tomorrow

Jeepers. The £.

Pffffff!!

To quote someone last night, you Leaver dipshit
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807

Barnesian said:

The Tory system isn't perfect but is far superior to Labour's, which is risible.

The best system would be the Tory system, but where the PLP/PCP commanded 50% of the votes in the final run off, as suggested on here recently by another poster.
  • Options
    Momentum tinfoil hat brigade out in force

https://twitter.com/jeremyforlabour/status/752154499041619968
  • Options
    LowlanderLowlander Posts: 941
    ToryJim said:
    There is a general belief that Coburn is a double agent from some other party. He's successfully squelched the UKIP vote from its peak 10% down back below 2% in Scotland.
  • Options
    Lord Byro versus the Scallywag Tories :lol:
  • Options
    Lowlander said:

JackW said:

Have to feel sorry for England, so many years of hurt. I think that's 39 years since an English woman and 29 years since an English man won a Wimbledon title.

Fred Perry's father was a Labour MP.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

Jeepers. The £.

Pffffff!!

LEAVE 52%
    REMAIN 48%

Suck it up, ho!

:lol:
  • Options
    frpenkridgefrpenkridge Posts: 670

Great day for Independent GB Brits in Grand Prix and Wimbledon

Not to mention Brits dominating the Tour de France.
  • Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    ToryJim said:

Barnesian said:

Not sure most of the country of what ever political persuasion would look with a great deal of charity on the Tories if having pissed around for months over the referendum, and subsequently admitting that Dave & George didn't bother with little details like a plan, that they dilly dallied around for another three months electing a new leader while the markets got irritable, only to immediately chuck that leader out and spend another three months seeing if they could get a better answer.
  • Options
    My £3 - shall we say - "investment" in the Labour Party will have been in vain if Corbyn goes :)
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,164
    SeanT said:

Jeepers. The £.

Pffffff!!

Mind you you are at least going to a non-EU nation and one of our future likely partners in EFTA, would be interesting to see if, as a Brit, you get a warm welcome, I hope so!
  • Options
    madasafishmadasafish Posts: 659
    grahambc1 said:

The problem is caused by years under Blair where the party at large was sidelined in the selection of PPCs so the parliamentary party became detached from the party at large. If shortlists and candidates were not imposed in such a biased way then the parliamentary party would reflect the memberships wishes better and thus Corbyn would have greater support.

And the local Parties accepted it. Tritram Hunt was parachuted into Stoke Central, the local Chairman resigned and stood against Hunt at the GE. Hunt won. The voters voted for a rich man , privately educated etc..

And then Labour voters complain their MPs are not representatives of them.!!!

• Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    edited July 2016
    Lowlander said:

JackW said:

29 years for English woman. Last English man was 2012
  • Options

HYUFD said:

HYUFD said:

If Heffer and Hitchens had had their way we would have had PM Tebbit, followed by PM Redwood, PM IDS and PM Davis now making way for PM Leadsom, certainly an interesting combination
  • Options
    I trust all true English people are cheering for our oldest ally, Portugal, against the French.
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    SeanT said:

HYUFD said:

SeanT said:

Jeepers. The £.

Pffffff!!

Mind you you are at least going to a non-EU nation and one of our future likely partners in EFTA, would be interesting to see if, as a Brit, you get a warm welcome, I hope so!
    Yes indeed. I have several dinners and lunches with some Swiss dudes and dudettes, quite high up in the tourism industry.

Will be fascinating to get their take on Brexit. In my experience, so far, Europeans are deeply intrigued by what we've done - in good and bad ways.
    Swiss are probably peed off - it's made their own negotiations with the EU far more difficult.
  • Options

I trust all true English people are cheering for our oldest ally, Portugal, against the French.

Portugal to win. Ronaldo to be sent off.
  • Options

I thought you want to be/speak French, TSE.

Isn't your company moving to Vichy Paris post-Brexit?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    As Pogba is about to join Man U after Real Madrid withdrew their interest as they didn't have the 105 million pounds to buy him, its got to be France tonight. Come on you new red 'Paul Pogba'
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,505

I have nothing against the Portuguese, save for the fact that their football team are the most egregious cheats in Europe and that the have the most dislikeable player in world football. So, France for me tonight.
  • Options

Never. I never want to be French.

We're not moving to Paris, we're merely planning for a lack of single market membership.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,403
    edited July 2016
    Go Ronaldo.

That said, Allez les Bleus.

Sort of don't care who wins.

Pin me into a corner for a decision? The sheer number of non-white French players warms me to them. It says something for a country which is so colour-blind. Same with many English teams. I am old enough to like the fact that players of all colours embrace as though colour was wholly unimportant.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,899
    On Topic

LOL

Presumably MPs have no right to stand in their deselction sorry i mean reselection meetings either.

The current NEC elections will also give Corbyn a strong majority on that body too IMO.

Basically Corbyn not on ballot is a non starter
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Regardless of what technicalities can be found for Corbyn to be kept off the ballot, the bottom line is:

If Angela Eagle (or any other "moderate") thinks she can't even beat CORBYN in an election, how the hell is she going to have a chance against a far more formidable opponent in the Tories at the next General Election??
  • Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    SeanT said:

RobD said:

SeanT said:

Jeepers. The £.

Pffffff!!

Haven't you just make a killing on a dollar-denominated deal? :D
    Heh. True.

Yeah.

*cheers up*
    Are you paying for it yourself, then, if you don't mind me asking?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

HYUFD said:

SeanT said:

Jeepers. The £.

Pffffff!!

Yes indeed. I have several dinners and lunches with some Swiss dudes and dudettes, quite high up in the tourism industry.

Will be fascinating to get their take on Brexit. In my experience, so far, Europeans are deeply intrigued by what we've done - in good and bad ways.
    Yes, will be interesting to see your reports back
  • Options

We're not moving to Paris, we're merely planning for a lack of single market membership.
    Surely we should be supporting the British officials running the match?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

FPT:

nunu said:

rcs1000 said:

nunu said:

MontyHall said:

Also on the BBC Politics show today was a section, presented by a young woman from the remain campaign, analysing where it all went wrong for them.

Apparently, believing that parroting "It's the economy stupid" would resonate was one of their major misjudgements

I think that is right, because for most swing voters there has been no recovery, and many Leave voters have nothing to lose.
    And it's something that politicians could and should have done something about - and could have done so if they'd just grasped the nettle on housing:

This is real median income in the US over the last 20-odd years. Basically, the average person in the US is about 10% worse off than 17 years ago!

postimage

Why did the Democrats pick Hilary over Bernie, all the polls show he easily beats Trump.
    America wants change!
    It is worth noting this trend is global. The last two decades being pretty horrible for most people in terms of disposable income almost everywhere in the developed world: the USA, Sweden, Finland, France, Italy, Germany, and Japan have all had stangnant median incomes for an extended period.

The three developed countries have totally avoided this trap are: Canada, Australia, and Norway.

What did they do that was different? They were commodity exporters during a commodity bull market. No more, no less.
    Norway should be fine as it saved in the good times but Australia and Canada.......
  • Options

On Topic

LOL

Presumably MPs have no right to stand in their deselction sorry i mean reselection meetings either.

The current NEC elections will also give Corbyn a strong majority on that body too IMO.

As I said this morning, it will be interesting if Eagle is deselected by her CLP in the next few weeks.

Surely, using Keiran Pedley's logic about "who the Queen invites to form a government", that would rule Eagle out of the leadership election? After all, the Queen would not be able to invite someone who will not even be in the Commons at all after the next election.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,899
    Blairites have never cared about rules or for democracy

Iraq being an obvious example.
  • Options
    Found womens wheelchair doubles v entertaining.
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763

black pudding eating surrender monkey
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

On Topic

LOL

As I said this morning, it will be interesting if Eagle is deselected by her CLP in the next few weeks.

Surely, using Keiran Pedley's logic about "who the Queen invites to form a government", that would rule Eagle out of the leadership election? After all, the Queen would not be able to invite someone who will not even be in the Commons at all after the next election.
    Although merely by convention. Douglas-Home was member of neither house and PM for twenty days.
  • Options
    SirBenjaminSirBenjamin Posts: 238
    Sandpit said:

But could conceivably stand in the election after that, following an immediate challenge to / vote of confidence in the new leader?

As could Corbyn if Labour find a way to get him off the ballot, presumably.

To the outside world such a merry-go-round of leadership would appear petty, but the candidate forced out will almost always attract more sympathy than those who try to pull off the stitch up.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    TSE in the fashion police? The world has gone truly mad.

I though Corbyn unusually well turned out this morning. At least his clothes fitted for once!
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,970

Blairites have never cared about rules or for democracy

Iraq being an obvious example.

An alternative view is here:

https://spinninghugo.wordpress.com/2015/11/28/the-corbyn-coup/

• Options

Anything goes on a Sunday.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Danny565 said:

Regardless of what technicalities can be found for Corbyn to be kept off the ballot, the bottom line is:

If Angela Eagle (or any other "moderate") thinks she can't even beat CORBYN in an election, how the hell is she going to have a chance against a far more formidable opponent in the Tories at the next General Election??

Because the electorate will be made up of normal people not 500 000 Marxists!!
  • Options
    ToryJim said:

Momentum tinfoil hat brigade out in force

https://twitter.com/jeremyforlabour/status/752154499041619968

Let's hope they remember to fill in the leadership ballot in pen.
  • Options

On Topic

LOL

I agree. It's hard to see the NEC keeping him off the ballot. There is too much doubt and so the safe thing to do is let Corbyn run.

• Options
    AnneJGPAnneJGP Posts: 2,869
    Danny565 said:

On Topic

LOL

No MP can guarantee being in the Commons after the next election.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125
    rcs1000 said:

FPT:

nunu said:

rcs1000 said:

nunu said:

MontyHall said:

postimage

America wants change!

I wonder. Certainly in the UK my disposable income since I got my teacher's pension has risen continually since 2009 thanks to indexing and tax cuts. Many millions? of pensioners are the same. Yet irritatingly it is the elderly who are among the most discontented and backwards looking. In short the group which has never had it so good seem the least content. Go figure.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    HYUFD said:

Danny565 said:

Because the electorate will be made up of normal people not 500 000 Marxists!!
    And again, a truly talented politician can get through any electorate. Tony Blair managed to win an overwhelming endorsement from the "Marxists" at one time, too.

It should be a statement of the obvious that, if you can't even inspire your own troops behind you, you've not got a hope in hell of inspiring the country. An election is an election, and a lot of the skillset required to win elections applies across the board, no matter how different the electorates are -- if Eagle apparently feels she doesn't have the skills to win this particular election on merit, then that says it all.
  • Options

TSE in the fashion police? The world has gone truly mad.

I though Corbyn unusually well turned out this morning. At least his clothes fitted for once!
    I gave Jez some fashion advice shortly before he became leader. If only he had listened to me.

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2015/09/11/some-fashion-advice-for-jeremy-corbyn/
  • Options

Sorry, stand corrected then
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

FPT:

nunu said:

rcs1000 said:

nunu said:

MontyHall said:

postimage

America wants change!

Yes it should be remembered that the German economy was underperforming before the financial crisis.
  • Options
    I see Leadsom's tax returns were prepared by Isis Accountants who appear not to be chartered accountants - is that right?
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

The Labour party membership - 90% pro-remain, anti-Trident, pro-immigration, suspicious of patriotism, etc - is not the electorate. Real world voters have different concerns to activists.

• Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125
    Indigo said:

ToryJim said:

Barnesian said:

Not sure most of the country of what ever political persuasion would look with a great deal of charity on the Tories if having pissed around for months over the referendum, and subsequently admitting that Dave & George didn't bother with little details like a plan, that they dilly dallied around for another three months electing a new leader while the markets got irritable, only to immediately chuck that leader out and spend another three months seeing if they could get a better answer.
    Err - what exactly is Andrea's plan - apart from only 1 year's tax info, telling Putin what for and being a mother?
  • Options
    I suppose the thinking behind keeping Corbyn off the ballot is it might cause an exodus of lefty members (presuming the non far lefties who also voted for him are more prepared to stick around), rather than force the MPs to potentially have to leave if they challenge him and fail (given their actions have gone far beyond usual challenges)?
This discussion has been closed.