Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » And to bring us all down to earth tonight’s Local By-electi

Comments

• Options
    DaveDaveDaveDave Posts: 76
    Danny565 said:

DaveDave said:

On Conservative Home, the comments after Leadsom's speech were 50/50. After May's speech, all against. The Swivel eyed will vote. IDS, at the time, unknown, beat Clarke. Is a surprise in the offing?

Well, in last year's Labour contest, Labourlist right from the early stages had Corbyn winning their "voodoo polls" by landslides and adulation from the comments sections.

At the beginning of the contest, that was all dismissed as an unrepresentative sample of the membership....
    I've a average record of forecasting but Leadsom has a chance.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,460
    Danny565 said:

DaveDave said:

On Conservative Home, the comments after Leadsom's speech were 50/50. After May's speech, all against. The Swivel eyed will vote. IDS, at the time, unknown, beat Clarke. Is a surprise in the offing?

Well, in last year's Labour contest, Labourlist right from the early stages had Corbyn winning their "voodoo polls" by landslides and adulation from the comments sections.

At the beginning of the contest, that was all dismissed as an unrepresentative sample of the membership....
    Yes but IDS led the polls which were taken of Tory members in 2001, now May does. Tory members are also electing the PM, in 2001 Tory members were not electing IDS to be PM nor were Labour members when they elected Corbyn, becoming opposition leader after a term out of power is not the same as becoming the leader of the country
  • Options
    alex.alex. Posts: 4,658
    I suppose if Leadsom wins, Cameron could decide he doesn't fancy resigning as PM after all...
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,977
    Scott_P said:
    Good grief, I'd forgotten about the Nat Onal. Does it make a profit?
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    Scott_P said:
    That's brilliant. Looks like a good newspaper. How is it doing commercially? Brave to enter an awful market, but I sense it has found a niche?
  • Options
    DaemonBarberDaemonBarber Posts: 1,626
    Jobabob said:

Scott_P said:
    That's brilliant. Looks like a good newspaper. How is it doing commercially? Brave to enter an awful market, but I sense it has found a niche?
    The National is a joke.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,344
    DaveDave said:

But Con Home's poll had May and Leadsom almost tied.

And the YouGov poll of Con members had May beating Leadsom 2:1.

Anything could happen and as a May supporter I'm extremely nervous - but have to think that having every newspaper on her side must help May at least to some degree.

Plus literally every well known name in the party will be supporting her - and presumably we can look forward to some news management - ie the likes of Major, Heseltine, Hague etc will all declare their support for her at various times to make the best possible impact.

So Leadsom has got a lot to battle against.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,580
    Scott_P said:
    It's a good line, and plays on worries many have even about May as a good choice, even if somewhat undercut by the knowledge that Jesus could be up for PM and the National would reach the same conclusion.
  • Options
    Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 60,581
    DaveDave said:

Con home is not representative of the membership
  • Options
    john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    @John_M

'That's a good article. Let me amend my position (I'm mostly watching the footy). We cannot be seen to be getting an a la carte Single Market. There will be a price.'

I would suggest £11 billion or part of buys a lot of a la carte.

• Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034
    OK. For all the haters out there on PB, who do you want to lose the most, France or Ronaldo?
  • Options
    edited July 2016

How ironic that Gove, the Brexit expert, was defeated by the vacuous Leadsom. Definitely had enough of experts.

Just think, by next January there is now a real chance the free world could be led by Andrea Leadsom and Donald Trump! A Thatcher and Reagan love affair in in the making
  • Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,308
    MTimT said:

OK. For all the haters out there on PB, who do you want to lose the most, France or Ronaldo?

Ronaldo, no question...

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    I have no idea if the Nat onal makes any money. Clearly someone is paying for it
  • Options
    MTimT said:

Defintely Ronaldo. Always have to support the home team when your own teams (I'm part English, part Welsh and part Norn Irish)...
  • Options
    @STJamesl: Asked about Andrea Leadsom's opposition to gay marriage Ruth Davidson says that if Leadsom wins she can come to hers #Classy
  • Options

DaveDave said:

Just heard Mark Wallace, Executive Editor of Con home, say on Sky newspaper review that he thought the members hearts want Leadsom but their heads will choose May
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    MTimT said:

I want France to win because Portugal have played shockingly poor football. The match vs Croatia was the worst game that I have seen in ages.

France winning would be good for football.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

How ironic that Gove, the Brexit expert, was defeated by the vacuous Leadsom. Definitely had enough of experts.

Just think, by next January there is now a real chance the free world could be led by Andrea Leadsom and Donald Trump!
    Wow, the free world has really been pared down, hasn't it? Only two of us?

Yes, I know what you meant. Leadsom presumably has a better chance than Trump though.
  • Options
    MTimT said:

Ronaldo
  • Options

DaveDave said:

Just heard Mark Wallace, Executive Editor of Con home, say on Sky newspaper review that he thought the members hearts want Leadsom but their heads will choose May
    Do the members at large really know enough about Leadsom that their hearts want her already? I can see them developing that, depending on how blandly May does in the next few months, but now? It's odd.
  • Options
    DaveDave said:

HaroldO said:

Scott_P said:

@gabyhinsliff: So she's now got the Sun, the Mail and ConHome endorsements. Fwiw. https://t.co/bQdAG5CW79

Apart from the express is there any other paper that will back Leadsom
    Leave.eu are already shifting into high gear supporting her, the more papers that back May the stronger the "anti-establishment" line will get pushed. For a former banker.....wait, that worked recently...
    Not sure that they will help her. She needs to distance herself from UKIP
    Nah! Tory members like UKIP. Think Corbyn and Labour party. Members are the extremists.
    Not this one - UKIP are toxic
  • Options
    PB is looking pretty united in support of France on Sunday...

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,409
    postimage

Classic
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 115,034
    MTimT said:

France.

Portugal are our oldest allies.

I can't believe we're even having this discussion.
  • Options
    Interesting.

@YvetteCooperMP: Glad Gove &Boris out. Leadsom awful on equal marriage & mat pay. May the only grown up, so Labour must take her on https://t.co/gtBaozTrJb

I can't work out if this helps May or not. The only one Labour see as a threat?
  • Options
    vikvik Posts: 157
    Mortimer said:

Jobabob said:

rcs1000 said:

How many chances has Germany just missed?

Make it stop, Robert.

This is not Australia. This is not the United States.

Football teams are not singular.

How many chances HAVE Germany missed?
    The one that has been annoying me today is 'coronate'. The verb is crown. Gah.
    If rcs1000 had used "the German team" in his sentence then it would be appropriate to use "have", but he is using "Germany" in the sense of the team representing the singular nation.
  • Options

MTimT said:

France.

But they just beat our brethren, the Welsh, so I'm torn.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    rcs1000 said:

Spain is my favourite EU country. Why?

Because when I go there, I find a country that has gone from poverty stricken fascist dictatorship when I was born, to modern bustling economy with some of the best companies in Europe.

Yes, I hang around with the 'elites'. Most 'elites' think they deserve to be there. In Spain, the people who run the companies still marvel at their good fortune. There's a humbleness lacking in (say) the French or the Italians (or even the Brits). Underneath it all is a fear that, if they're not careful, there'll be another Franco.

That's why podemos failed. Probably.....
  • Options
    @FergusonBen: Heard about Neil Kinnock's 'barnstorming' speech? In it's full, crappy audio glory, here it is: https://t.co/2Qqd1muXSV
  • Options

MTimT said:

France.

Oh TSE - for 5 minutes we were united!
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    I guess Labour are happy with opposition as long as they have purity.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Remember when they said politics was boring?
  • Options

France.

France are our oldest allies. That's why it's called the Auld Alliance... :)
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133
    MTimT said:

Easy. Ronaldo.

But the ideal outcome is that he follows in the footsteps of his namesake in the 1998 World Cup final in the same venue and then Portugal win it without him.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

DaveDave said:

Do the members at large really know enough about Leadsom that their hearts want her already? I can see them developing that, depending on how blandly May does in the next few months, but now? It's odd.
    The significance is that he was talking of Conhome which is not representative of all members
  • Options
    nunu said:

LOL yeah, because swing voters are really going to decide who to vote for on the basis of whether the charisma bombshell John Woodcock is an MP.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@STJamesl: Asked about Andrea Leadsom's opposition to gay marriage Ruth Davidson says that if Leadsom wins she can come to hers #Classy

:blush:
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 115,034
    kle4 said:

MTimT said:

France.

As an English Rugby fan, having had to endure years of abuse from the Ramshaggers, and where I can stick the sweet chariot, I'm not well disposed to the Welsh
  • Options

MTimT said:

France.

LOL. You've just self-identified as a hater and now you can't believe we're having this conversation ...
  • Options

MTimT said:

Easy. Ronaldo.

But the ideal outcome is that he follows in the footsteps of his namesake in the 1998 World Cup final in the same venue and then Portugal win it without him.
    :)
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Interesting.

@YvetteCooperMP: Glad Gove &Boris out. Leadsom awful on equal marriage & mat pay. May the only grown up, so Labour must take her on https://t.co/gtBaozTrJb

It's an endorsement for May - the candidate the sane and electable wing of the Labour Party fear
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

MTimT said:

Defintely Ronaldo. Always have to support the home team when your own teams (I'm part English, part Welsh and part Norn Irish)...
    I admire German efficiency but it can be boring, a France v Portugal clash will be full of Latin flair and passion with Ronaldo the added edge!
  • Options
    HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185
    Jobabob said:

Scott_P said:
    The last figures I saw for sales were less than 10k a day, and that is with giving away a lot of copies.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Ruth is a class act.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@FergusonBen: Heard about Neil Kinnock's 'barnstorming' speech? In it's full, crappy audio glory, here it is: https://t.co/2Qqd1muXSV

He seems as angry about Tony Benn and his gang as if it happened yesterday.
  • Options

MTimT said:

France.

France. Great, great country. Europhile pioneer. There is no contest.
    Vive la France.
    Allez les Bleus.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Just think, by next January there is now a real chance the free world could be led by Andrea Leadsom and Donald Trump!

Yes, I know what you meant. Leadsom presumably has a better chance than Trump though.
    Trump has already effectively made clear he sees the EU as the next 'evil empire' and is ready to take on China too. Only need to convince a few more Tory members and swing voters in Ohio and Pennsylvania and it could well happen, Trump is actually closer to Hillary than Leadsom to May on the latest polls but the debates still to come for both and the GOP convention
  • Options
    edited July 2016

Scott_P said:

Ruth is a class act.
    She will be our third female conservative pm
  • Options
    HaroldOHaroldO Posts: 1,185

kle4 said:

MTimT said:

France.

As an English Rugby fan, having had to endure years of abuse from the Ramshaggers, and where I can stick the sweet chariot, I'm not well disposed to the Welsh
    Yes, because the 90's were sooo much fun for Welsh rugby fans residing in England.....
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Ruth is a class act.

Higher chance of that than being FM I suppose. Sadly.
  • Options

kle4 said:

MTimT said:

France.

I always support the Home Nations, though they do not always pay England the same courtesy admittedly.
    Scott_P said:

I feel kind of sorry for him. He sounds so passionate as he talked about no splits and no retreat, but it does seem as though they have all backed down. Corbyn as won, but they can't leave either.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

DaveDave said:

But Con Home's poll had May and Leadsom almost tied.

And the YouGov poll of Con members had May beating Leadsom 2:1.

Anything could happen and as a May supporter I'm extremely nervous - but have to think that having every newspaper on her side must help May at least to some degree.

Plus literally every well known name in the party will be supporting her - and presumably we can look forward to some news management - ie the likes of Major, Heseltine, Hague etc will all declare their support for her at various times to make the best possible impact.

So Leadsom has got a lot to battle against.
    Leadsom has IDS and Howard and Norman Tebbit backing her ie two living former Tory leaders and Thatcher's right hand man, she is not entirely short of heavyweight support herself
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Ruth is a class act.
    Not likely - if we'd Remained, perhaps, after awhile as she (potentially) took the Scottish Tories to further successes (yes, Nats, coming a distant second was still a success considering where they had been). But with Leave and probable SIndependence? She'll be needed north of the border in a newly independent state.
  • Options
    DisraeliDisraeli Posts: 1,106

MTimT said:

France.

Thank You, TSE. :+1:
    The voice of reason.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

Ruth is a class act.
    Not likely - if we'd Remained, perhaps, after awhile as she (potentially) took the Scottish Tories to further successes (yes, Nats, coming a distant second was still a success considering where they had been). But with Leave and probable SIndependence? She'll be needed north of the border in a newly independent state.
    I see her standing over a beaten Nicola as she accepts the spoils for keeping Scotland in the UK
  • Options

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

Ruth is a class act.
    I see her standing over a beaten Nicola as she accepts the spoils for keeping Scotland in the UK
    Well, it's nice to have dreams I guess. I would love to think you are right.
  • Options
    DisraeliDisraeli Posts: 1,106
    Jobabob said:

MTimT said:

France.

France. Great, great country. Europhile pioneer. There is no contest.
    Vive la France.
    Allez les Bleus.
    A lot of what has happened on previous threads has become clearer to me tonight! :smiley::smiley:
  • Options
    I look forward to being told the newspaper endorsements of May mean nothing, establishment scaremongering, when many backed Leave so much.
  • Options
    ChrisChris Posts: 11,220
    It's funny to see that Andrea Leadsom is being criticised for "setting up" a school exchange project with a Christian centre in Uganda, which is jointly run by "an anti-gay Christian group that performs “gay cure” ministries and whose founder condemned homosexual love as “a sin”":
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamesball/andrea-leadsoms-ugandan-project-has-ties-to-an-anti-gay-chri

The irony is that it looks as though Leadsom's role in organising the project may be yet another "embellishment" on her part. According to Hansard (2013), she claimed that she'd set up the project in 2006 with Richard Johnson. But an article dated 2007 on her website relates how she and Andrew Mitchell visited Campion School and were told about the project by Johnson. Not a word about any prior involvement by Leadsom herself!
    http://www.andrealeadsom.com/working-for-you/andrea's-blog/campion-school-helping-ugandan-children/59
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Trump has already effectively made clear he sees the EU as the next 'evil empire' and is ready to take on China too. Only need to convince a few more Tory members and swing voters in Ohio and Pennsylvania and it could well happen, Trump is actually closer to Hillary than Leadsom to May on the latest polls but the debates still to come for both and the GOP convention
    Hillary is at the high watermark of crap, thanks to the (boring) email (non)scandal.

She'll be thankful it all came out in the wash so early, and she still holds a lead in the polls.....
  • Options
    BromBrom Posts: 3,760
    Jobabob said:

Scott_P said:

Interesting.

It's an endorsement for May - the candidate the sane and electable wing of the Labour Party fear
    Yvette cooper is anything but sane, not an endorsement you'd want.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,944
    Leadsom has dropped to 4.6 whilst I have been away from the computer.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

I have cashed out. This is only going one way.
  • Options
    Chris said:

It's funny to see that Andrea Leadsom is being criticised for "setting up" a school exchange project with a Christian centre in Uganda, which is jointly run by "an anti-gay Christian group that performs “gay cure” ministries and whose founder condemned homosexual love as “a sin”":
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamesball/andrea-leadsoms-ugandan-project-has-ties-to-an-anti-gay-chri

The irony is that it looks as though Leadsom's role in organising the project may be yet another "embellishment" on her part. According to Hansard (2013), she claimed that she'd set up the project in 2006 with Richard Johnson. But an article dated 2007 on her website relates how she and Andrew Mitchell visited Campion School and were told about the project by Johnson. Not a word about any prior involvement by Leadsom herself!
    http://www.andrealeadsom.com/working-for-you/andrea's-blog/campion-school-helping-ugandan-children/59

When Sir Christopher Wren built St Paul's Cathedral, he worked from a design sketched by Andrea Leadsom on the packet of 20 Silk Cut.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

Ruth is a class act.
    There is a real possibility if Sturgeon called a referendum that the economic outlook and the isolation from Scotland's biggest market of England, and with uncertainty over the currency, she would lose.

As the economic think tank said this week Scotland would be like 'Greece without the sun' if it declared independence
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Hillary is at the high watermark of crap, thanks to the (boring) email (non)scandal.

She'll be thankful it all came out in the wash so early, and she still holds a lead in the polls.....
    I think Hillary will win in the end yes but have a feeling it will be a long election night and go to the wire
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737

Scott_P said:

Ruth is a class act.
    I think you're quite mad.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Jobabob said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

I think Hillary will win in the end yes but have a feeling it will be a long election night and go to the wire
    I agree with that HYUFD*

*what does that stand for by the way? Always wondered...
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    RodCrosby said:

Scott_P said:

Ruth is a class act.
    I think you're quite mad.
    You have to think out of the box in politics today
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    edited July 2016
    I see those nice people at Ladbrokes have paid out on the May/Leadsom final which I pointed to at 1.8 (4/5 in old money) last Friday.

On the main gig, I'm certainly not laying off my May position at the current 1.29-1.31. I reckon fair odds should be something like 1.05.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,505
    HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Trump has already effectively made clear he sees the EU as the next 'evil empire'
    That's an embellishment worthy of Leadsom.
  • Options
    edited July 2016

kle4 said:

kle4 said:

Scott_P said:

Ruth is a class act.
    There is a real possibility if Sturgeon called a referendum that the economic outlook and the isolation from Scotland's biggest market of England, and with uncertainty over the currency, she would lose.

As the economic think tank said this week Scotland would be like 'Greece without the sun' if it declared independence
    My worry is that the same things, in essence, were said last time, and yes we won and it was 55-45 in the end, but the effectiveness would be blunted a second time. The fundamental problem was not enough people, in Scotland, England and I presume Wales, who genuinely have passion for our Union (NI seems more solid on that regard, while also having a large nationalist element), and so even with those warnings 45% wanting out was a worrying amount to me, and with the differences between us seemingly made even starker, with Union leaning papers and Scottish Labour people talking seriously about the prospect of Sindy2, I fear enough will switch to decide to take the risk.

But I am pessimistic in that regard, and I felt Scotland leaving was inevitable in the not too distant future regardless, hence why I was willing to risk Brexit - if I thought voting Remain would guarantee Scotland stay in the UK, I would have voted Remain despite my misgivings of the EU. I am deeply troubled by the thought of them leaving, but the nationalists defeated me mentally some while ago.
  • Options
    Interesting that even in this Brighton QT audience there is increasingly more annoyance at the Government for failing to plan for Brexit....
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Interesting that even in this Brighton QT audience there is increasingly more annoyance at the Government for failing to plan for Brexit....

Yeah, but that's just displacement activity to cover up their buyers' remorse. This is Psychology for Dummies.
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    George Galloway is, in these new political times, speaking some words that appeal to me.

Edit: And then he blew it with something about BoJo.
  • Options

I have cashed out. This is only going one way.
    Tell me it 'aint so.
  • Options

Ruth is a class act.

My worry is that the same things, in essence, were said last time, and yes we won and it was 55-45 in the end, but the effectiveness would be blunted a second time. The fundamental problem was not enough people, in Scotland, England and I presume Wales, who genuinely have passion for our Union (NI seems more solid on that regard, while also having a large nationalist element), and so even with those warnings 45% wanting out was a worrying amount to me, and with the differences between us seemingly made even starker, with Union leaning papers and Scottish Labour people talking seriously about the prospect of Sindy2, I fear enough will switch to decide to take the risk.

But I am pessimistic in that regard, and I felt Scotland leaving was inevitable in the not too distant future regardless, hence why I was willing to risk Brexit - if I thought voting Remain would guarantee Scotland stay in the UK, I would have voted Remain despite my misgivings of the EU. I am deeply troubled by the thought of them leaving, but the nationalists defeated me mentally some while ago.

The Welsh absolutely have no intention of holding a referendum on independence. It would be lost by 90 - 10%. There is no appetite for it at all

In Scotland the fishermen will be delighted to be out of Europe and 40% of Scots voted leave.

On the assumption we are successful when we have our freedom the narrative in Scotland may well change. Remember I am married to a Scot, lived there for many years, and have many Scot relatives in the North East Fishing communities and well remember the time when the conservatives were a force to be reckoned with
  • Options

Mortimer said:

Yeah, but that's just displacement activity to cover up their buyers' remorse. This is Psychology for Dummies.
    All those active Leavers in Brighton?
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

HYUFD said:

Jobabob said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

I agree with that HYUFD*

It stands for whatever you want it to stand for!
  • Options
    nunu said:

BroxtoweLabour @broxtowelabour
    Over 120 members at our meeting tonight, with a wide-ranging debate and a vote of confidence in Jeremy Corbyn.

This is Broxtowe, Nick P's old haunt, a seat only won from years of Tory rule by New Labour.
  • Options
    Mortimer said:

Mortimer said:

'Balanced audience', innit?
  • Options

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

Trump has already effectively made clear he sees the EU as the next 'evil empire'
    That's an embellishment worthy of Leadsom.
    Well he did proclaim we had 'got our freedom back' the day after the referendum but yes maybe a little exaggeration, I don't think even Trump will be aiming nukes at Brussels just yet (maybe give it a year or two)
  • Options
    Tom Tugundhat is very impressive.
  • Options

nunu said:

BroxtoweLabour @broxtowelabour
    Over 120 members at our meeting tonight, with a wide-ranging debate and a vote of confidence in Jeremy Corbyn.

This is Broxtowe, Nick P's old haunt, a seat only won from years of Tory rule by New Labour.
    Music to Anna Soubry's ears
  • Options

Mortimer said:

Mortimer said:

As I said earlier today - the huge recession that is about to engulf us will be blamed on the Tory government and not on those who voted or argued for Leave.

What a chance the Labour party is busy throwing away.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Jobabob said:

HYUFD said:

Jobabob said:

HYUFD said:

kle4 said:

HYUFD said:

I agree with that HYUFD*

It stands for whatever you want it to stand for!
    I always guessed your real name was Horatio Yossarian Ulysses Florian Delauncet.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

Mortimer said:

Mortimer said:

The audience has been stuffed with busloads of activists from er, Hove, actually…
  • Options
    Ian Hislop just said Charlie Falconer has resigned from the shadow cabinet? Can anyone confirm?
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    Breaking QT news - Ian Hislop has confirmed that Charlie Falconer has resigned from the shadow cabinet....

(With quite a good joke, too!)
  • Options
    the single most important reason theresa May must be the next leader of the Conservative party.

At PMQs, it would be Tezza v Jezza

This must happen...
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Ian Hislop just said Charlie Falconer has resigned from the shadow cabinet? Can anyone confirm?

I feel certain we would have heard something about that if it were true. Odd for Hislop to make a sloppy mistake like that.
  • Options

As I said earlier today - the huge recession that is about to engulf us will be blamed on the Tory government and not on those who voted or argued for Leave.

What a chance the Labour party is busy throwing away.

Yes, I agree on both counts. Not good for Ms Leadsom, though. By the time party members get to vote, the real-economy effects which the financial markets are currently pre-figuring will be starting to be obvious.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Hislop becoming completely deranged.
  • Options
    not_on_firenot_on_fire Posts: 4,352
    L
    Danny565 said:

What is the origin of the Charlie Falconer meme? Just curious
  • Options

L

Danny565 said:

What is the origin of the Charlie Falconer meme? Just curious
    The first rule of PB memes.....
  • Options
    @RuthDavidsonMSP: Here's why I believe @TheresaMay2016 is the best Prime Minister for our party, our country and the road ahead.
    https://t.co/YZ19Mbghlx
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    Love how one of the main attack lines by the MSM on Leadsom is her failure to vote for gay marriage. More Primrose Hill polling, that.
  • Options
    Also - forgot to thank Harry for the thread, as ever, but also for the Remain/Leave adaptation!
This discussion has been closed.