Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Survation phone survey continues the EURef polling divide:

Comments

• Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    edited May 2016
    Where evil baby eating leavers go round to remainers houses and hunt their poodles because they are French.

As a side note onsidering the leave campaign is led by the tory right and UKIP is this Remain campaign helping Cameron to finish detoxification of the Tories? Hmmmmmm. Probably not given how badly the Tories did in Sothern English cities at the local elections including cities that are quite middle class like Cambridge, Oxford and Norwich.
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,987
    How will the U be split up for the referendum. At what level are counts being reported? Is it parliamentary constituencies, European parliament constituencies or something different?

It would be interesting to know where people think turnout will be highest. My sense is that the further north you go in England the fewer people will vote and that London will have the biggest turnout of all, with the SE and East Anglia battling it out for second, and Scotland coming in fourth. Lowest turnout will be in the North East and the North West.

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,029

How will the U be split up for the referendum. At what level are counts being reported? Is it parliamentary constituencies, European parliament constituencies or something different?

It would be interesting to know where people think turnout will be highest. My sense is that the further north you go in England the fewer people will vote and that London will have the biggest turnout of all, with the SE and East Anglia battling it out for second, and Scotland coming in fourth. Lowest turnout will be in the North East and the North West.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_European_Union_membership_referendum,_2016#Voting_areas_and_counts
  • Options

taffys said:

What was it you said downthread about playing the man?
    It is what Cameron does to friends who dare express a different view. Despicable but speaks more about Cameron.
    Remind us all what you said about ComRes and Lord Cooper.
    A mistake, quickly acknowledged. Would you have behaved that way?
    I've never smeared a pollster, so I would never have behaved that way.
    Are you now the fount of all knowledge on behaviour and relationship advice?
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,013
    It's like dogging.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,288
    RobD said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_European_Union_membership_referendum,_2016#Voting_areas_and_counts
    Will it count on the evening, or will we have to wait until the next day?
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,748

taffys said:

What was it you said downthread about playing the man?
    It is what Cameron does to friends who dare express a different view. Despicable but speaks more about Cameron.
    Remind us all what you said about ComRes and Lord Cooper.
    A mistake, quickly acknowledged. Would you have behaved that way?
    I've never smeared a pollster, so I would never have behaved that way.
    Are you now the fount of all knowledge on behaviour and relationship advice?
    Consider me the fount of all knowledge of making Mike doesn't get into legal trouble with your inaccurate posts.

Pollsters have been known to contact their solicitors with posts like yours.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

A great question. I've been appalled by the recent trends to morning counts, so let's hope for on the night.
  • Options
    anothernickanothernick Posts: 3,578
    rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

Overnight. Count will start immediately after the polls close, same as a general election.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

It's like dogging.
    I know someone whose car broke down near a dogging spot.
  • Options

Sean_F said:

It's like dogging.
    Was he looking for badgers?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

Counting as soon as the ballots close

Counting of the votes at the EU referendum will take place overnight, the Chief Counting Officer, who is also the Chair of the Electoral Commission, has today (12 November) confirmed.

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/journalist/electoral-commission-media-centre/news-releases-corporate/overnight-count-at-eu-referendum-will-take-place
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,148
    RobD said:

What the feck is dog hunting?

twitter.com/MichaelPDeacon/status/735496343972511744

And when was it ever Guy Fawkes day? :p
    Guy Fawkes Night seems to have been taken over by the American version of Hallowe'en
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,629

rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

Counting of the votes at the EU referendum will take place overnight, the Chief Counting Officer, who is also the Chair of the Electoral Commission, has today (12 November) confirmed.

http://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/i-am-a/journalist/electoral-commission-media-centre/news-releases-corporate/overnight-count-at-eu-referendum-will-take-place
    Should make things exciting on the Thursday night, hopefully!
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

It's like dogging.
    Beaver, surely!
  • Options

RobD said:

Guy Fawkes Night seems to have been taken over by the American version of Hallowe'en
    Burning effigies of the Pope is much more fun.
  • Options

RobD said:

How depressing. When else are we allowed to burn effigies of the Pope?
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Sean_F said:

It's like dogging.
    It was rural North Yorkshire, so very poor mobile signal, he was trying to get home.

He didn't know it was a dogging hot spot, as it was late evening, he left his lights on, which apparently is a signal in the dogging community that you wish to participate, and not view.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,288

Sean_F said:

It's like dogging.
    "And it was in attempting to fix the carburettor, Your Honour, that my clients trousers became sadly entangled and needed to be removed..."
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

We won't be having an exit poll, but we will probably have an indication of what the final result will be by 2-3am.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

He should bloody well tell all councils that they should count overnight for all elections.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Sean_F said:

It's like dogging.
    "And it was in attempting to fix the carburettor, Your Honour, that my clients trousers became sadly entangled and needed to be removed..."
    She's not a prostitute your honour, she's a condom seller who was providing a free demonstration on how to use her product.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    5/23-5/24
    UK European Union Referendum
    Remain in the EU 41% Leave the EU 41%
    YouGov/The Times
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,044
    I (Well not me personally) am awaiting €1.5m.

Can we have some "Leave" leads in the polling ta :) ?
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

5/23-5/24
    YouGov/The Times

Annex the EU and install Elizabeth as Empress of Europe 18%

:D
  • Options
    RobD said:

RodCrosby said:

5/23-5/24
    YouGov/The Times

Some more like that please.
  • Options
    JobabobJobabob Posts: 3,807
    RobD said:

rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

A great question. I've been appalled by the recent trends to morning counts, so let's hope for on the night.
    Morning quotes are rubbish and should be banned for all elections. The London mayoral vote is by far the worst – even though everyone knows the result hours earlier, they officially declare when everyone is either fast asleep or drunk on the Friday night. Shambolic.
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

RobD said:

rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

Morning quotes are rubbish and should be banned for all elections. The London mayoral vote is by far the worst – even though everyone knows the result hours earlier, they officially declare when everyone is either fast asleep or drunk on the Friday night. Shambolic.
    Jobabob !

Welcome back !
  • Options
    RobD said:

RodCrosby said:

5/23-5/24
    YouGov/The Times

Greater Commonwealth :)
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Jobabob said:

RobD said:

rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

Jobabob !

Welcome back !
    Despite being around for a while, I have a terrible memory of old timers :(

Seconded the welcome!
  • Options

Probably a spoof ;)
    Brexit will usher in the return of cherished British traditions – chivalry, dogging and rogue apostrophes.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Jobabob said:

RobD said:

rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

Jobabob !

Welcome back !
    Thanks. I had to reverse my name as vanilla won't let me sign in as Bobajob for some reason. But it is I, LeClerc.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,033
    Mr. Jobabob, welcome back.

I also have a broken memory. I'm reasonably sure a 'bob' of some variety was the chap who knew a lot about classical history. Was that you, perchance?
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    An interesting snapshot of how fund managers see the short- and long-term effects of Brexit on the economy and markets:

https://www.hl.co.uk/news/articles/fund-managers-and-economists-share-their-views-on-the-eu-referendum
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

Pulpstar said:

Jobabob said:

RobD said:

rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

Jobabob !

Welcome back !
    Thanks. I had to reverse my name as vanilla won't let me sign in as Bobajob for some reason. But it is I, LeClerc.
    I was wondering "who the bloody hell is jobabob" LOL!
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,953
    edited May 2016
    RodCrosby said:

5/23-5/24
    YouGov/The Times

#NeckAndNeck
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

We won't be having an exit poll, but we will probably have an indication of what the final result will be by 2-3am.
    All major elections should be

a) counted overnight
    b) exit polled

No wonder people are bored with politics. When we do have a decent race, nothing happens for several hours and we declare in the middle of the night. The London mayor poll was a new low.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    5/20-5/22
    2016 North Carolina President
    Trump 43% Clinton 41%
    PPP

Moving back to the GOP column (it'll actually go to TCTC in my sheet)

If Trump wins just 4 more states than Romney, he's in. FL, PA, NV, CO...
  • Options
    CyclefreeCyclefree Posts: 25,255
    Jobabob said:

Probably a spoof ;)
    Brexit will usher in the return of cherished British traditions – chivalry, dogging and rogue apostrophes.
    It really should be rogue apostrophe's.

• Options

Mr. Jobabob, welcome back.

I also have a broken memory. I'm reasonably sure a 'bob' of some variety was the chap who knew a lot about classical history. Was that you, perchance?

Thanks. I wish I could honestly say so. However, I know nothing about classical history!
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,033
    Mr. Jobabob, ah, my mistake. Still, that puts you one up on Mr. Eagles, who also knows nothing about classical history but is under the misapprehension that he does ;)

I agree entirely on overnight counts. Waiting is ridiculous.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

5/20-5/22
    Trump 43% Clinton 41%
    PPP

That's a very big 'just'. Those states are going to be very hard for him to win. Hillary will win the college handily precisely because of the demographics in the states you cite.

No surprise he is ahead in NC – it's hardly core blue territory.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    RobD said:

rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

He should bloody well tell all councils that they should count overnight for all elections.
    Bristol, had 3 counts, firstly for PCC - Friday morning declaration about lunchtime. Secondly, Mayoral Election Count - Saturday, with afternoon declaration. Finally, City Council Election Count - Sunday, with late afternoon declaration.
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

5/20-5/22
    Trump 43% Clinton 41%
    PPP

It shunts the decider state back to that old favourite...

OHIO !
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

No exit poll?
    What a load of pony, we'll be sat here twiddling our thumbs for ages until the first results start coming in.
    Is there a list of hoped for declaration times yet?
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,685

taffys said:

GIN1138 said:

Steve Hilton coming out for Brexit seems to have ruffled some feathers! There was I thinking he was totally insignificant.

It's all a far cry from 2010 when it was a Steve Hilton love in on here as well...

At one point it was only myself and @BobSykes from Team Con who were honest enough to admit the Tories 2010 campaign was a shambles...

How times change.
    Actually the legendary Tim was a scathing critic of Osborne too.
    I don't think tim was part of Team Con though.
    I used to think he was an Agent Provocateur.
    A pair of saucy knickers?
  • Options
    Jobabob said:

RodCrosby said:

5/20-5/22
    Trump 43% Clinton 41%
    PPP

That's a very big 'just'. Those states are going to be very hard for him to win. Hillary will win the college handily precisely because of the demographics in the states you cite.

Florida and Pennsylvania are must wins.

Ohio and one of New Hampshire or Iowa gets him over the line.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,821
    @OBV seesaw poster - is the skinhead on the right a Remain canvasser? ;-)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Jobabob said:

RodCrosby said:

5/20-5/22
    Trump 43% Clinton 41%
    PPP

The first two are already within striking distance (1% median DEM leads, currently), and PA definitely seems to be trending GOP. No polls in the latter two. Surely Trump must have some better prospect in Nevada? It was his first blowout victory in the primaries...
  • Options
    Bob__SykesBob__Sykes Posts: 1,176

CD13 said:

"If Remain wins, it's clear the UK just can't get enough of the EU."

Mr Eagles. I agree. If Remain win, then Remainers should support further integration because it's what they are voting for.

That's where it varies from the Scottish Referendum. Winning meant a little more devolution.

Remain winning means less independence, a rump Parliament, a common currency, a European army, and a European defence policy. There's no pretence, but they just don't say it out loud.

Well done for your honesty.

Come off it. Surely you realise this is just scaremongering cobblers, and just as bad as Osborne's dodgy reports?
    What would you have said in 1975 if someone had suggested to you then that the EU and Britain's participation would be at the stage they are now in 2016 without a further public vote? 'Scaremongering cobblers' is quite near the mark in my estimation.
    There's a big difference between distant clairvoyancy and a prediction of what is reasonably foreseeable in the short to medium term.

If I vote to Remain, it will in no circumstances be a "In - for ever, without further consultation and as far as the EU federalists want to take us", and I still fully expect a radical reshaping of the EU at some point in the not too distant future, which gives us our opportunity then to forge something new and exciting and very much in our own interests.
  • Options
    CD13 said:

Mr Sykes,

"Come off it. Surely you realise this is just scaremongering cobblers, and just as bad as Osborne's dodgy reports?"

How old were you in 1975?

A mere glint - I was born in 1976!
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

RodCrosby said:

5/20-5/22
    Trump 43% Clinton 41%
    PPP

OHIO !
    Correct. Current median polling margin just 3%.

At the very least, Trump seems to be lining the swing states up very efficiently...
  • Options
    LucyJonesLucyJones Posts: 651
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,685

CD13 said:

Mr Eagles. I agree. If Remain win, then Remainers should support further integration because it's what they are voting for.

That's where it varies from the Scottish Referendum. Winning meant a little more devolution.

Remain winning means less independence, a rump Parliament, a common currency, a European army, and a European defence policy. There's no pretence, but they just don't say it out loud.

Come off it. Surely you realise this is just scaremongering cobblers, and just as bad as Osborne's dodgy reports?
    What would you have said in 1975 if someone had suggested to you then that the EU and Britain's participation would be at the stage they are now in 2016 without a further public vote? 'Scaremongering cobblers' is quite near the mark in my estimation.
    There's a big difference between distant clairvoyancy and a prediction of what is reasonably foreseeable in the short to medium term.

If I vote to Remain, it will in no circumstances be a "In - for ever, without further consultation and as far as the EU federalists want to take us", and I still fully expect a radical reshaping of the EU at some point in the not too distant future, which gives us our opportunity then to forge something new and exciting and very much in our own interests.
    Pardon me if that seems like a triumph of hope over experience.
  • Options
    Completely O/T, but why is the Telegraph conducting investigations into US Presidential candidates? Surely their focus should be primarily domestic.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Jobabob said:

RodCrosby said:

5/20-5/22
    Trump 43% Clinton 41%
    PPP

Florida and Pennsylvania are must wins.

Ohio and one of New Hampshire or Iowa gets him over the line.
    Yes and that route will be too much for him.

Even if there were an election tomorrow, Hillary would win handily in the electoral college, and she is at just about her lowest ebb right now, as a consequence of having to continue to fight a zombie candidate in Sanders, who cannot win but will persist until the bitter end on June 7.

Post-that Hillary will get a bounce as many of the Sandernistas come to realise that she is by far the lesser of two evils (to their way of thinking).

The best thing Hillary can do for herself after her inevitable victory on June 7 is have a couple of weeks' rest. Not that she will!
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

taffys said:

GIN1138 said:

Steve Hilton coming out for Brexit seems to have ruffled some feathers! There was I thinking he was totally insignificant.

It's all a far cry from 2010 when it was a Steve Hilton love in on here as well...

At one point it was only myself and @BobSykes from Team Con who were honest enough to admit the Tories 2010 campaign was a shambles...

How times change.
    Indeed. Turns out he was quite right as well... And he was right about Lansley's Madness.

What happened to Tim? He was around in my day. Was often cutting, sometimes funny and regularly incisive.
  • Options

taffys said:

GIN1138 said:

How times change.
    I don't think tim was part of Team Con though.
    I used to think he was an Agent Provocateur.
    A pair of saucy knickers?
    It was his stocking-trade
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

RobD said:

No exit poll?
    What a load of pony, we'll be sat here twiddling our thumbs for ages until the first results start coming in.
    Is there a list of hoped for declaration times yet?
    Another shambolic, dull, boring farce awaits.
  • Options
    RazedabodeRazedabode Posts: 2,978
    Well, last week I was convinced remain were romping home to victory, and this week I'm left feeling leave are still firmly in the race. One thing I'm not too sure on is the supposed move of the elderly to remain- I was always under the impression this demographic in particular despised all things EU.

P.s. just seen Osbornes leadership qualities polling vs Boris (yougov). They are appalling.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,316
    Jobabob said:

GIN1138 said:

taffys said:

GIN1138 said:

How times change.
    Indeed. Turns out he was quite right as well... And he was right about Lansley's Madness.

What happened to Tim? He was around in my day. Was often cutting, sometimes funny and regularly incisive.
    He's preparing a bid to become the Metro Mayor.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    RodCrosby said:

Pulpstar said:

RodCrosby said:

5/20-5/22
    Trump 43% Clinton 41%
    PPP

OHIO !
    Correct. Current median polling margin just 3%.

At the very least, Trump seems to be lining the swing states up very efficiently...
    In 2012, Romney's swing state was CO, with a margin of 5.4%.

Does Trump play dominoes, I wonder... Or ninepins?
  • Options
    TCPoliticalBettingTCPoliticalBetting Posts: 10,819
    edited May 2016
    Jobabob said:

GIN1138 said:

taffys said:

GIN1138 said:

How times change.
    Ran out of misogynistic words, so he went off with an image of Osborne's money shot and now calls himself Farmer Tim and hangs around an offie.
  • Options

Well, last week I was convinced remain were romping home to victory, and this week I'm left feeling leave are still firmly in the race. One thing I'm not too sure on is the supposed move of the elderly to remain- I was always under the impression this demographic in particular despised all things EU.

P.s. just seen Osbornes leadership qualities polling vs Boris (yougov). They are appalling.

I'm not surprised there has been little comment about how Boris is the most trusted on the EU and Cameron the least and the implications for acccuracy of the opinion polls.
  • Options

I'm not surprised there has been little comment about how Boris is the most trusted on the EU and Cameron the least and the implications for acccuracy of the opinion polls.
    Most is a relative term here!
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    More methodological fun and games.

YouGov ‏@YouGov 1m1 minute ago
    YouGov CEO @StephanShaxper calls for all public pollsters to release breakdown by education level from now on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Jobabob said:

GIN1138 said:

taffys said:

GIN1138 said:

How times change.

Don't know. I was ill for a few months at the end of 2013 and when I came back in 2014 he'd gone.

I suspect there was some sort of blow up...

You can keep an eye on his various musings here

https://twitter.com/GOsborneGenius:

• Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,284
    edited May 2016
    Opinium has it 51% Remain 34% Leave in London, 60 40 excluding don't knows but only 44% Remain 40% Leave UK wide
  • Options
    BBC lead headline: "Brexit could extend austerity - IFS"

Extend it?

Did it ever actually start?

I must have a different understanding of the word "austere" than the IFS and BBC.....
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,606
    Green leadership race:

GreenLeaderElection @GrnLeadElection
    There are now @Amelia4Greens and @jon4leader campaigning groups for #GreenLeadership
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Opinium has it 51% Remain 34% Leave in London, 60 40 excluding don't knows but only 44% Remain 40% Leave UK wide

How can polls still be showing REMAIN with only a 4% lead given the onslaught the Establishment has unleashed on LEAVE? :open_mouth:
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Jobabob said:

GIN1138 said:

taffys said:

GIN1138 said:

How times change.
    Ran out of misogynistic words, so he went off with an image of Osborne's money shot and now calls himself Farmer Tim and hangs around an offie.
    https://twitter.com/GOsborneGenius

EDIT oops, GIN beat me to it!
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

CD13 said:

Mr. Sykes, there are those of us who have heard all that reform business before. Right from Heath's, "there will be no loss of sovereignty" in 1972, through Major's subsidiarity "decisions will be made at the the lowest appropriate level" and all the crap that Blair came up with. Yes the EU, as it now is, has reformed and reshaped itself over the decades but only in one direction - ever closer union. And why should it not - it is written into the founding treaty.

The idea that there will at some point in the not to distant future be a radical reshaping of the EU that will forge something new and exciting and in the UK's interest I find laughable.

Vote to remain in if you wish to continue on the current trajectory, and there are honest arguments to be had in favour of that, or out if you want the Uk to become again a self governing Nation, but please do not fool yourself that that the EU is likely to in anyway change direction.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

How can polls still be showing REMAIN with only a 4% lead given the onslaught the Establishment has unleashed on LEAVE? :open_mouth:
    Don't worry, REMAIN just don't want to peak too soon
  • Options

CD13 said:

Mr. Sykes, there are those of us who have heard all that reform business before. Right from Heath's, "there will be no loss of sovereignty" in 1972, through Major's subsidiarity "decisions will be made at the the lowest appropriate level" and all the crap that Blair came up with. Yes the EU, as it now is, has reformed and reshaped itself over the decades but only in one direction - ever closer union. And why should it not - it is written into the founding treaty.

The idea that there will at some point in the not to distant future be a radical reshaping of the EU that will forge something new and exciting and in the UK's interest I find laughable.

Vote to remain in if you wish to continue on the current trajectory, and there are honest arguments to be had in favour of that, or out if you want the Uk to become again a self governing Nation, but please do not fool yourself that that the EU is likely to in anyway change direction.
    Q.F.T.
  • Options
    The last survation poll was a month ago and had In 45, Out 38, Dont Know 17

This one is In 44, Out 38, Dont Know 18

So the trend is Out Holding firm, a few remainers now not so sure.

----------------------------

Meanwhile the figures for the ICM online polls in the last month are (newest first)

In/Out/Dontknow

45 45 10
    43 47 10
    44 46 11
    44 45 11
    43 46 11
    43 45 13

So the trend is a few don't knows have decided remain (opposite to above)

---------------------

Orb phone polls which Lynton Crosby Waxes Lyrical about in the last month

55 42 03
    55 40 05
    51 43 06

So the trend is a few don't knows have decided to remain.

---------------------------

Yougov online in the last month

41 41 13
    44 40 12
    38 40 16
    42 40 13
    41 42 13

The trend here is that 1% of leavers have been vaporised (in reality roundup issues and the result today is exactly the same as a month ago.

--------------

So

After all the fear, monstering of Boris, getting POTUS the IMF and heaven knows what else to threaten us with everything from immediate bankruptcy, armageddon and a plague of frogs (alright I made the French Immigrants bit up) the polls have basically moved not an inch.

Looks like people have made their mind up about the EU, are getting on with their lives and could not give a fig what call me Dave or anyone else think.

As the polls are so divergent between phone and online what we don't actually know is what the actual split is.

However with remainers likely to be less passionate about it, the fact that the remain campaign is making no ground whatsoever is not a good sign that they are inspiring people to turn up at the polling station let alone vote for remain.

• Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    edited May 2016
    GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

Betfair out to 6 now on Leave, and 55-60% Remain band now down to 3. Clearly people believe the phone polls in preference to online.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Jobabob said:

GIN1138 said:

taffys said:

GIN1138 said:

How times change.

Don't know. I was ill for a few months at the end of 2013 and when I came back in 2014 he'd gone.

He was having an argument with someone, they found and posted his home address, someone else posted a link to Google Earth, he left/was banned
  • Options
    Freggles said:

GIN1138 said:

Jobabob said:

GIN1138 said:

taffys said:

GIN1138 said:

How times change.

He was having an argument with someone, they found and posted his home address, someone else posted a link to Google Earth, he left/was banned
    Yeah, I heard something like that went down.
  • Options

Green leadership race:

GreenLeaderElection @GrnLeadElection
    There are now @Amelia4Greens and @jon4leader campaigning groups for #GreenLeadership

First we have tweets from someone called Heart of Rhodesia being linked to here now people are talking about Green Leader.

We will find out we are getting Johnathan Moyo instead of TSE as guest editor next.
  • Options

Extend it?

I must have a different understanding of the word "austere" than the IFS and BBC.....

Extend it?

It's true that there hasn't been any. Austerity/Debt reduction is one of the Great Political Myths of our times. Ozzy is a genius for getting away with it!
  • Options
    Freggles said:

GIN1138 said:

Jobabob said:

GIN1138 said:

taffys said:

GIN1138 said:

How times change.

Sounds pretty extreme. I'm sure he'll return one day.
  • Options

The last survation poll was a month ago and had In 45, Out 38, Dont Know 17

This one is In 44, Out 38, Dont Know 18

So the trend is Out Holding firm, a few remainers now not so sure.

Both numbers are unchanged within MoE, so I'm not sure how you can describe one number as firm and the other not.
  • Options

However with remainers likely to be less passionate about it, the fact that the remain campaign is making no ground whatsoever is not a good sign that they are inspiring people to turn up at the polling station let alone vote for remain.

Solid facts and agree with this summary.
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

Betfair out to 6 now on Leave, and 55-60% Remain band now down to 3. Clearly people believe the phone polls in preference to online.
    People believe what they want to believe

Also the more wealthy you are the more pro EU you are likely to be and the more wealthy you are the more spare cash you have to invest in turf accountants.
  • Options

Jobabob said:

GIN1138 said:

taffys said:

GIN1138 said:

How times change.

He's preparing a bid to become the Metro Mayor.

Tim is really Luciana Berger? Impressive disguise!
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    GIN1138 said:

Freggles said:

GIN1138 said:

Jobabob said:

GIN1138 said:

taffys said:

GIN1138 said:

How times change.

Yeah, I heard something like that went down.
    tim was never banned
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    Jobabob said:

Freggles said:

GIN1138 said:

Jobabob said:

GIN1138 said:

taffys said:

GIN1138 said:

How times change.

Sounds pretty extreme. I'm sure he'll return one day.
    I fecking well hope not. Misogynist bullies like him should not be welcome in polite society, or even on betting web-sites.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

Just remember 58 - 42.
  • Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362
    Freggles said:

GIN1138 said:

Jobabob said:

GIN1138 said:

taffys said:

GIN1138 said:

How times change.

Didn't that happen some years earlier before he left ?
  • Options

GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

Leave have made no progress. It's a lock for Remain – most DKs will break for the status quo or just won't turn out. As most influencers (educational elite etc) are Remainers, that will crush Leave beyond the point of no return.
  • Options

Freggles said:

GIN1138 said:

Jobabob said:

GIN1138 said:

taffys said:

GIN1138 said:

How times change.

Didn't that happen some years earlier before he left ?
    You might be right, I seem to remember him posting stuff about "you posted photos of my house"

Seems like ages ago now
  • Options

One of those uncomfortable truths which the main broadcast media have rarely mentioned. If it continues it will eventually be recognised and Cameron will find that all the media has turned against him. Call it the tipping point. Extraordinary (as Plato has said) how far Cameron's reputation has fallen. Almost Ratner levels.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,241
    Scott_P said:

@faisalislam: WTO boss: "pretty much all" UK global trade has to be negotiated post Brexit. Brits "will have to pay" £9bn tariffs: https://t.co/bdhF0cxE6u

Who would worry what some clown who could not organise a piss up in a brewery said. WTO is crap, more jobs for the boys quango, the loser will be bricking it that his easy money will be affected..
  • Options

One of those uncomfortable truths which the main broadcast media have rarely mentioned. If it continues it will eventually be recognised and Cameron will find that all the media has turned against him. Call it the tipping point. Extraordinary (as Plato has said) how far Cameron's reputation has fallen. Almost Ratner levels.
    You can agree with someone without trusting them. How many Tories would say they trust Corbyn on the EU?
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,241

Is the World Trade Organisation an EU stooge or an Osborne stooge?

just another set of troughers , just a bigger trough they sup out of.
  • Options
    TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 41,587
    Freggles said:

GIN1138 said:

Jobabob said:

GIN1138 said:

taffys said:

GIN1138 said:

How times change.

"Someone"

A total dick is who.
  • Options
    TOPPING said:

Freggles said:

GIN1138 said:

Jobabob said:

GIN1138 said:

taffys said:

GIN1138 said:

How times change.

"Someone"

A total dick is who.
    SomeoneThat TOPPING is not keen on.
    Helped by a Person.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,284
    GIN1138 said:

HYUFD said:

Indeed, further details include Inner London backing Remain 59-27, Outer London 46-38. Tory voters in London back Leave 47-43, Labour voters back Remain 69-25. Young Londoners back Remain 60-20, over 55s back Leave 48-40
    http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/eu-referendum-london-backs-remain-vote-poll-shows-a3256001.html
This discussion has been closed.