Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » CON voters, it appears, are now more inclined to Dave’s EUR

SystemSystem Posts: 11,698
edited May 2016 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » CON voters, it appears, are now more inclined to Dave’s EURef position than Boris’s

That’s now looking outdated given the polls we’ve seen this week. I list some of the CON voter splits in my Tweet above which appear to show a picture that will make uncomfortable reading for OUT and reassurance for IN.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,195
    First like Leave when it matters.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,556
    Oh Mike, I was planning to cover this tomorrow.
  • Options
    Philip_ThompsonPhilip_Thompson Posts: 65,826
    Not surprised.
  • Options
    PClippPClipp Posts: 2,138

Not surprised.

Not surprised either. The antics of Boris, Gove, Farage and Co are turning people off.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,112
    edited May 2016
    Polls tend to show 2015 Tory voters slightly more likely to vote Leave than present Tory voters, probably as a few of them have now shifted to UKIP. However I have long held the view Tory voters, not Labour voters, are the key to the referendum. Leave needs a clear majority of Tory voters to back Leave to win, if it is close or Remain slightly ahead, as with Opinium tonight, Remain should edge it. If Remain do win by less than 60%, the challenge for the Tories will be keeping their Leave voters on board and preventing them from defecting to UKIP
  • Options
    Out of interest, is this people who say they voted Tory in 2015 or people who give a Tory voting intention right now?
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,763
  • Options
    tlg86 said:

Out of interest, is this people who say they voted Tory in 2015 or people who give a Tory voting intention right now?

Current Tory VI, 2015 Tories are generally more Leavers than Remainers, sometimes by quite some distance.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    Is there a betting market for a General Election in 2016 or 2017 ?
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @andyburnhammp: Who says Evertonians can't succeed in Manchester?! Great game @WayneRooney.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

Current Tory VI, 2015 Tories are generally more Leavers than Remainers, sometimes by quite some distance.
    Thank you. I still think Leave's best chance is either some Labour voters voting Leave to get rid of Cameron (unlikely) or just not bothering to vote at all (a possibility).
  • Options
    I've written a thread just for you tomorrow.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@andyburnhammp: Who says Evertonians can't succeed in Manchester?! Great game @WayneRooney.

Burnham will be hanging from a lamp post if he's seen anywhere near Goodison Park after that remark!
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133

tlg86 said:

Thus showing that Cameron's behaviour has turned off a large number of people who voted for him last year.

He's toast whatever happens next month.
  • Options
    Or an epidemic of Stockholm Syndrome.
  • Options
    ydoethurydoethur Posts: 67,334

The story of your life, Mr Eagles, and yet if I read your answer to the good Field Marshal correctly somehow you still avoid giving us the promised AV thread.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

Thus showing that Cameron's behaviour has turned off a large number of people who voted for him last year.

But he's also gained some similar, if not more, support elsewhere.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Thank you. I still think Leave's best chance is either some Labour voters voting Leave to get rid of Cameron (unlikely) or just not bothering to vote at all (a possibility).
    No, even if barely half of Labour voters turn out to vote for Remain if a plurality of Tory voters vote Remain then Remain win regardless
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

The story of your life, Mr Eagles, and yet if I read your answer to the good Field Marshal correctly somehow you still avoid giving us the promised AV thread.
    I might have to deploy some of my what lessons can we learn from the AV referendum for this referendum pieces (plural) tomorrow
  • Options
    edited May 2016

tlg86 said:

His reputation is sort of fkd

Lefties hate him on principle, the Centrists can't forgive him for trashing the LibDmes and half the righties despise him.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    edited May 2016
    Sky News reporting that "Man Utd are preparing to appoint Jose Mourinho as their new manager" probably as early as next week.

Beeb reporting same.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36351371
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,052

tlg86 said:

Hos reputation is sort of fkd

Lefties hate him on principle, the Centrists can't forgive him for trashing the LibDmes and half the righties despise him.
    Three people have screwed themselves: Cameron, Osborne and Johnson. It's almost impossible to see either of the latter two as PM now. And it's hard to see Cameron having as much control over his destiny than seemed likely just 12 months ago.
  • Options

tlg86 said:

But he's also gained some similar, if not more, support elsewhere.
    a surgical truss presumably to support his sagging cojones
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

Hos reputation is sort of fkd

Three people have screwed themselves: Cameron, Osborne and Johnson. It's almost impossible to see either of the latter two as PM now. And it's hard to see Cameron having as much control over his destiny than seemed likely just 12 months ago.
    So good news all round.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

No, even if barely half of Labour voters turn out to vote for Remain if a plurality of Tory voters vote Remain then Remain win regardless
    Those Labour voters who will vote are more likely to vote REMAIN than those who will stay at home. Probably, 70 - 30. Many potential Labour Leave voters have already decamped to UKIP.
  • Options
    ydoethur said:

The promised AV thread is just like the sign in the pub that promises 'free beer tomorrow'
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,052

tlg86 said:

But whoever takes over the party has to bring it back together again. Assume Remain wins by 10% but with a narrow lead for Leave among 2015 Tory voters.

The Tories need a healer. Either a sceptical Remainer, or a "respect the referendum for now" Leaver. Anything else risks splitting the party in two.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

The promised AV thread is just like the sign in the pub that promises 'free beer tomorrow'
    I gave you an AV thread earlier on this year

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2016/01/24/electoral-reform-might-not-be-the-panacea-the-left-think-it-is/
  • Options
    surbiton said:

HYUFD said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Those Labour voters who will vote are more likely to vote REMAIN than those who will stay at home. Probably, 70 - 30. Many potential Labour Leave voters have already decamped to UKIP.
    Yes, so in this regard we need to think of Ukip being on 18% of the vote (as they are with Opinium) rather than the 12.5% that they got last year. And they will turnout (I hope).
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

But whoever takes over the party has to bring it back together again. Assume Remain wins by 10% but with a narrow lead for Leave among 2015 Tory voters.

The Tories need a healer. Either a sceptical Remainer, or a "respect the referendum for now" Leaver. Anything else risks splitting the party in two.
    Yup. But maybe it's tme the darned thing split up anyway and put some vigour back in to politics.
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,289
    Scott_P said:

Perhaps Burnham has forgotten about Jack Rodwell.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

http://www2.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2016/01/24/electoral-reform-might-not-be-the-panacea-the-left-think-it-is/
    But like a crack cocaine addict we never remember the last hit, it's all about the next one.
  • Options
    I'd expect The Express to go for the full 77 million

https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/734118653323513856
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

Sceptical Remainer ? Theresa May ?
  • Options

ydoethur said:

But like a crack cocaine addict we never remember the last hit, it's all about the next one.
    I've got two AV referendum themed threads coming up during my next stint as guest editor, which starts in less than nine days time.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

polluted
  • Options
    surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

Or Philip Hammond. Osborne needs Remain to win by 60%+ to secure the leadership, Boris, Fox, Gove and Patel really need Leave to win. If Remain win narrowly May or Hammond are well placed
  • Options

Why UK ?
  • Options
    surbiton said:

HYUFD said:

tlg86 said:

tlg86 said:

Indeed, whether Labour voters vote or not will not determine the referendum, whether or not a majority of Tory voters back Leave will
  • Options

ydoethur said:

I've got two AV referendum themed threads coming up during my next stint as guest editor, which starts in less than nine days time.
    Ah, Mike's booked one of his holidays when not much is expected to happen.
    I shall look forward to them.

• Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,676
    HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

...If Remain win narrowly May or Hammond are well placed
    No doubt their leadership campaigns will move into top gear.

(I'll get my coat)
  • Options
    https://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/734120000651431940

Inflation to rise, £ to fall, and pestilence, war, disease later.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

maybe we should just sack the bosses, they don't appear to be up to the mark.
  • Options
    VapidBilgeVapidBilge Posts: 412

Hmm.

I think you'll find a lot of non-Turks live in Turkey.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if large numbers of Kurds did move to the EU, notwithstanding all those Syrian refugees in camps.

Apart from that, I think it is good strategy for Leave to tell the truth and let Remain hang themselves with their lies.
  • Options

ydoethur said:

Ah, Mike's booked one of his holidays when not much is expected to happen.
    I shall look forward to them.

He initially wasn't going to be back until the 27th of June, but will be back on the 20th of June.

I'm not expecting much to happen.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,676
    dr_spyn said:

Or, big business worried that they would lose their supply of cheap labour.
  • Options

Hmm.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if large numbers of Kurds did move to the EU, notwithstanding all those Syrian refugees in camps.

Apart from that, I think it is good strategy for Leave to tell the truth and let Remain hang themselves with their lies.
    You're living up to your name
  • Options
    I've just been reading Brian Rees' Obituary in The Times, the Headmaster who improved standards at Rugby but then fell from grace.

What a remarkable life and, as one of the comments points out, what a terrific film this would make.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,886
    edited May 2016
    dr_spyn said:
    It's interesting that the DM is for LEAVE while the SM is generally for STAY
  • Options

Hmm.

Thanks for the compliment.

Now, any chance of a reasoned argument to go with it?
  • Options

dr_spyn said:

maybe we should just sack the bosses, they don't appear to be up to the mark.
    Or let other bosses that aren't so utterly spineless put them out of business.
  • Options
    Worth noting the Westminster Voting Intentions of the Opinium poll (change on last time in brackets):

Conservatives 35 (-3)
    Labour 30 (-)
    Ukip 18 (+3)
    Lib Dems 5 (-)
    SNP 6 (+1)
    Green 5 (-)
    Others 2 (-)
  • Options
    PeterCPeterC Posts: 1,274
    edited May 2016
    HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

Or Philip Hammond. Osborne needs Remain to win by 60%+ to secure the leadership, Boris, Fox, Gove and Patel really need Leave to win. If Remain win narrowly May or Hammond are well placed
    I would say that Hammond was not an especially sceptical REMAINer. Does he want it? I'm not sure - he seems a bit of a plodder to me. Theresa May is more obviously positioning herself - supports REMAIN but says little about it. Boris would do well to support Theresa against Osborne. Time is on his side and he needs to demonstrate competence in a senior cabinet role.
  • Options
    surbiton said:

Why UK ?
    Well, everyone else seems to be coming here from the EU.

I think Germany probably would be the primary destination as there is already a well established Turkish/Kurdish community there.
  • Options
    JackW said:

Sky News reporting that "Man Utd are preparing to appoint Jose Mourinho as their new manager" probably as early as next week.

Beeb reporting same.

According to earlier reports, it was to be announced immediately after today's F.A. Cup Final.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

I would not say that Hammond was an not an especially sceptical REMAINer. Does he want it? I'm not sure - he seems a bit of a plodder to me. Theresa May is more obviously positioning herself - supports REMAIN but says little about it. Boris would do well to support Theresa against Osborne. Time is on his side and he needs to demonstrate competence in a senior cabinet role.
    I can see Hammond getting more backing from MPs than May and as Foreign Secretary he is well placed (historically the Tories pick the Foreign Sec or Chancellor as leader in power). He also reminds me of John Major who nobody saw coming until the end of the race. Unless Remain win comfortably or Leave win it will be a Remainer v a Leaver sent to the membership
  • Options
    PClipp said:

Not surprised.

Not surprised either. The antics of Boris, Gove, Farage and Co are turning people off.
    Doubt it. Boris is a joke anyway, I doubt many Tories are put off by Gove (while Farage isn't even a Tory).

More likely many Tories simply respect Cameron and aren't going much more in depth than that.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,503
    PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

I would say that Hammond was not an especially sceptical REMAINer. Does he want it? I'm not sure - he seems a bit of a plodder to me. Theresa May is more obviously positioning herself - supports REMAIN but says little about it. Boris would do well to support Theresa against Osborne. Time is on his side and he needs to demonstrate competence in a senior cabinet role.
    I think May is in pole position IMHO.
  • Options

JackW said:

Beeb reporting same.

According to earlier reports, it was to be announced immediately after today's F.A. Cup Final.
    Tad harsh. "Well done on winning the FA Cup you're fired".

At least leave it to tomorrow.
  • Options

Hmm.

Thanks for the compliment.

Now, any chance of a reasoned argument to go with it?
    Simple, did those 29 million Romanians and Bulgarians turn up as the Express and Farage were forecasting?
  • Options

PClipp said:

Not surprised.

Doubt it. Boris is a joke anyway, I doubt many Tories are put off by Gove (while Farage isn't even a Tory).

More likely many Tories simply respect Cameron and aren't going much more in depth than that.
    I think it's more about the money.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    tlg86 said:

Worth noting the Westminster Voting Intentions of the Opinium poll (change on last time in brackets):

Conservatives 35 (-3)
    Labour 30 (-)
    Ukip 18 (+3)
    Lib Dems 5 (-)
    SNP 6 (+1)
    Green 5 (-)
    Others 2 (-)

Tories down 2 since the election, LDs down 3, UKIP up 5, Labour unchanged, SNP up 1, Greens up 1. So the main shift Tory to UKIP and LDs to Greens, UKIP and SNP. Confirms why present Tory voters are shifting to Remain as some Leavers have shifted to UKIP
  • Options

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

Neither Cameron nor Boris could possibly unite the party. Nor Gove either, although he seems not to want it. If REMAIN has won narrowly I expect Theresa to say something like "we shall remain in the EU so long as it is in the national interest". Make of that what you will!
  • Options
    PeterC said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

Neither Cameron nor Boris could possibly unite the party. Nor Gove either, although he seems not to want it. If REMAIN has won narrowly I expect Theresa to say something like "we shall remain in the EU so long as it is in the national interest". Make of that what you will!
    Osborne-Gove dream ticket, you read it here first

(Though I'm not sure who it is a dream ticket for, The Tories or their opponents)
  • Options

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

...If Remain win narrowly May or Hammond are well placed
    No doubt their leadership campaigns will move into top gear.

(I'll get my coat)
    Very good....
  • Options
    PeterC said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

Gove could but I'm not sure he wants it and he knows his public image is awful; he understands he might cost the Tories the election.

Right now, a Theresa May premiership with Gove as her number two (either as Chancellor or Foreign Secretary) is probably the only thing that could keep me in the party.

I think the sooner Cameron and Osborne go the better.
  • Options

PeterC said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

Osborne-Gove dream ticket, you read it here first

(Though I'm not sure who it is a dream ticket for, The Tories or their opponents)
    Or tries to please Remain and Leave, ends up turning both off
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642

Can anyone explain to me how 12m Turks will gain entry to the UK?
  • Options
    edited May 2016

PeterC said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

Gove could but I'm not sure he wants it and he knows his public image is awful; he understands he might cost the Tories the election.

Right now, a Theresa May premiership with Gove as her number two (either as Chancellor or Foreign Secretary) is probably the only thing that could keep me in the party.

I wouldn't argue with any of that. Boris needs to avoid overplaying his hand and losing badly. His time may come but it's not now.
  • Options

PeterC said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

May has hardly done a good job as Home Secretary so I cannot see it being her.
  • Options
    PeterC said:

PeterC said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

I wouldn't argue with any od that. Boris needs to avoid overplaying his hand and losing badly. His time may come but its not now.
    I'm starting to wonder if his bus tour is a mistake.

Leave has had a thoroughly awful air war over the last 10 days, and there's no-one fighting back on the TV or radio.

Leave needs to get a couple of hits in.
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

PeterC said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

Six years as Home Secretary without serious disaster is an achievement of sorts. The Home Office is notorious as a political graveyard.
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,923
    edited May 2016

I'd expect The Express to go for the full 77 million: h ttps://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/734118653323513856

At some point LEAVE decided to abandon the economy because comedy, and instead start screaming "They're coming! They're coming" like a drunk outside a train station.

* Two/three weeks ago they started by saying that "3 million Albanians would come"
    * One/two weeks ago they doubled(ish) down and said "5 million by 2020!"
    * This week, they doubled down again and it's "12 million Turks"

Is there some sort of betting market as to when they start saying "Everyone" is coming?
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    MP_SE said:

Can anyone explain to me how 12m Turks will gain entry to the UK?
    Probably as refugees after the post Brexit world war. It is essential to vote Remain to prevent this...
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

PeterC said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

Neither Cameron

She's the only one who take immigration seriously. That is going to continue to be a problem if we stay. Gove has become the intellectual godfather for Leave.

If the Tories have neither at the top, and don't offer something solid to hope for on Europe and immigration, then they will start to hollow out.

They might win GE2020 anyway but will be in real trouble as soon as Labour sort themselves out.
  • Options

PeterC said:

PeterC said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

May is in pole position IMHO.

a May premiership with Gove as her number two (either as Chancellor or Foreign Secretary) is probably the only thing that could keep me in the party.

I wouldn't argue with any od that. Boris needs to avoid overplaying his hand and losing badly. His time may come but its not now.

Leave has had a thoroughly awful air war over the last 10 days, and there's no-one fighting back on the TV or radio.

The sheer insanity of that open border bears endless repetition. And the failure of the euro too. All this stuff about Hitler and Napoleon just sucks.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    HYUFD said:

tlg86 said:

Conservatives 35 (-3)
    Labour 30 (-)
    Ukip 18 (+3)
    Lib Dems 5 (-)
    SNP 6 (+1)
    Green 5 (-)
    Others 2 (-)

Tories down 2 since the election, LDs down 3, UKIP up 5, Labour unchanged, SNP up 1, Greens up 1. So the main shift Tory to UKIP and LDs to Greens, UKIP and SNP. Confirms why present Tory voters are shifting to Remain as some Leavers have shifted to UKIP
    The poll gives us GB figures. On that basis the Tories are down 2.8% and Labour are down 1.2%. The Tory lead looks a bit on the high side compared with other recent polls.
  • Options
    PeterC said:

PeterC said:

PeterC said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

I would say that Hammond
    May is in pole position IMHO.

a May premiership with Gove as her number two (either as Chancellor or Foreign Secretary) is probably the only thing that could keep me in the party.

The sheer insanity of that open border bears endless repetition. And the failure of the euro too. All this stuff about Hitler and Napoleon just sucks.
    Are Hitler and Napoleon coming here too to suck on our welfare state? Shame on them!
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,291
    Haye fighting another bum I see. No wonder boxing is going down the tubes compared to MMA.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

HYUFD said:

tlg86 said:

Conservatives 35 (-3)
    Labour 30 (-)
    Ukip 18 (+3)
    Lib Dems 5 (-)
    SNP 6 (+1)
    Green 5 (-)
    Others 2 (-)

The poll gives us GB figures. On that basis the Tories are down 2.8% and Labour are down 1.2%. The Tory lead looks a bit on the high side compared with other recent polls.
    The Tory lead is pretty par for the course in most polls, smaller but almost entirely because of Tory voters shifting to UKIP, not because of any gains being made by Labour
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,923

If LEAVE win it'll be seen as a masterstroke. If REMAIN win, it'll be seen as silly. There is an element of lap-of-the-gods about this, horribly enough. I can fail Boris for many things (list available upon request...and it's a long list), but not necessarily this.

• Options

PClipp said:

Not surprised.

I think it's more about the money.
    Agreed, but the two are linked. Cameron is saying it will cost money, many Tories trust Cameron so believe that, they don't want to lose money, so they'll vote accordingly.

If they didn't trust Cameron then the money issue would be moot.
  • Options

MP_SE said:

PeterC said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

Neither Cameron

She's the only one who take immigration seriously. That is going to continue to be a problem if we stay. Gove has become the intellectual godfather for Leave.

If the Tories have neither at the top, and don't offer something solid to hope for on Europe and immigration, then they will start to hollow out.

They might win GE2020 anyway but will be in real trouble as soon as Labour sort themselves out.
    I found May's conduct over the European Arrest Warrant simply unforgivable.
  • Options
    Water into blood, Frogs, Lice, Wild animals, Diseased livestock, Boils, Thunderstorm of hail and fire, Locusts, Darkness for three days, Death of firstborn.

Add 11th plague, Brexit means lower bonuses at John Lewis. (Mail business pages).
  • Options

Haye fighting another bum I see. No wonder boxing is going down the tubes compared to MMA.

I want to see a Mayweather vs McGregor fight. Apparently Mayweather has offered McGreggor $50m.
  • Options

MP_SE said:

PeterC said:

PeterC said:

HYUFD said:

surbiton said:

rcs1000 said:

tlg86 said:

Neither Cameron

May has been completely house trained by the Home Office civil servants.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Faith-based Congressional candidate reveals porn tabs in Facebook slip-up

We're all familiar with the existence of web sex, but how familiar are you with Webb sex?

Well, if you didn't previously know of Mike Webb - the Republican candidate for US Congress in Virginia's 8th district - he made sure you did after forgetting to rid a screenshot of his congressional campaign from open porn tabs before posting it to Facebook. Oops!

One read "LAYLA RIVERA TIGHT BODY" whilst the other offered "IVONE SEXY AMATEUR", which, after quick verification, we can surprisingly confirm is of the naughty variety.

The red-faced debacle was compounded after the candidate left the post up for over seven hours, leading to a chain of cringeworthy/nonsensical explanations, which he later deleted, about the mishap.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tech/news/a794390/faith-based-congressional-candidate-reveals-porn-tabs-in-facebook-slip-up/
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    we'll see
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    tlg86 said:

Conservatives 35 (-3)
    Labour 30 (-)
    Ukip 18 (+3)
    Lib Dems 5 (-)
    SNP 6 (+1)
    Green 5 (-)
    Others 2 (-)

So UKIP shot up and Leave fell?
  • Options
    chestnut said:

tlg86 said:

Conservatives 35 (-3)
    Labour 30 (-)
    Ukip 18 (+3)
    Lib Dems 5 (-)
    SNP 6 (+1)
    Green 5 (-)
    Others 2 (-)

So UKIP shot up and Leave fell?
    Not quite, the last Opinium poll saw UKIP fall by 2%, so they've regressed back to the mean, and a little bit.
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

I want to see a Mayweather vs McGregor fight. Apparently Mayweather has offered McGreggor $50m.
    Mayweather will be too good for him.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:
    What is the story about the Hobbit?
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    I see that OGH is getting mighty excited that Remain will win it easy and moreover things won't change until the Ref. What's more he is going to put it in writing in the Observer. Tsk, tsk, tsk. ;)
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985

Faith-based Congressional candidate reveals porn tabs in Facebook slip-up

We're all familiar with the existence of web sex, but how familiar are you with Webb sex?

Well, if you didn't previously know of Mike Webb - the Republican candidate for US Congress in Virginia's 8th district - he made sure you did after forgetting to rid a screenshot of his congressional campaign from open porn tabs before posting it to Facebook. Oops!

One read "LAYLA RIVERA TIGHT BODY" whilst the other offered "IVONE SEXY AMATEUR", which, after quick verification, we can surprisingly confirm is of the naughty variety.

The red-faced debacle was compounded after the candidate left the post up for over seven hours, leading to a chain of cringeworthy/nonsensical explanations, which he later deleted, about the mishap.

http://www.digitalspy.com/tech/news/a794390/faith-based-congressional-candidate-reveals-porn-tabs-in-facebook-slip-up/

He's got nothing on Ed Balls :D
  • Options
    viewcode said:

I'd expect The Express to go for the full 77 million: h ttps://twitter.com/hendopolis/status/734118653323513856

At some point LEAVE decided to abandon the economy because comedy, and instead start screaming "They're coming! They're coming" like a drunk outside a train station.

* Two/three weeks ago they started by saying that "3 million Albanians would come"
    * One/two weeks ago they doubled(ish) down and said "5 million by 2020!"
    * This week, they doubled down again and it's "12 million Turks"

Is there some sort of betting market as to when they start saying "Everyone" is coming?
    Since Leave has gone bonkers over immigration, Remain has moved further ahead on polls and betting? Cause or effect?

I think the focus on those dastardly foreigners is shoring up the core vote to a degree but repelling the undecideds and proving counterproductive.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,985
    What's the opposite of whitewash? :p
This discussion has been closed.