Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If it was just online polls the referendum narrative and th

123457»

Comments

• MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    edited May 2016
    HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:

MaxPB said:

we're better off enduring in the Conservative party so we can get one of our people into the top job.

One of "your people" had the top job in the Conservative Party, and was a humongous loser.

Closet Kippers are not losing because they are in the wrong party, it's because they suck at politics
    Well, considering the absolute wipeout of the Conservative Party in 1997 (under one of "your people", I seem to remember) anybody leading the Conservative Party was going to lose in 2001 and 2005. Cameron didn't even get a majority in the more propitious year of 2010, such was the damage Major did, who is still blaming anyone but himself after all these years.
    Major won the 1992 election against the odds
    No, Major won against Kinnock.
  • HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 120,871

HYUFD said:

Scott_P said:

MaxPB said:

we're better off enduring in the Conservative party so we can get one of our people into the top job.

One of "your people" had the top job in the Conservative Party, and was a humongous loser.

Closet Kippers are not losing because they are in the wrong party, it's because they suck at politics
    Well, considering the absolute wipeout of the Conservative Party in 1997 (under one of "your people", I seem to remember) anybody leading the Conservative Party was going to lose in 2001 and 2005. Cameron didn't even get a majority in the more propitious year of 2010, such was the damage Major did, who is still blaming anyone but himself after all these years.
    Major won the 1992 election against the odds
    No, Major won against Kinnock.
    Who may well have beaten Thatcher by then
  • NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,460
    TOPPING said:

Roger said:
    There was a fantastic letter in the times recently which went along the lines of:

"I am grateful to Emma Thompson who has come out against X. I have found, when I am considering issues, that long and careful analysis invariably leads me to take exactly the opposite position to her and therefore that she has declared her thoughts now saves me much time in coming to the opposite conclusion..."
    The focus group has a chap who says he usually checks what the Tories want and votes the opposite, but this time that doesn't work, what to do?
This discussion has been closed.