Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Evening round up of the main political betting markets

13»

Comments

• Options
    Me_Me_ Posts: 66
    Hi everyone!
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    EU reality

The European Commission has postponed its presentation of a draft EU budget for 2017 until late June, after the British referendum on whether to leave the union.

Kristalina Georgieva, the Commission’s vice president in charge of budget issues, notified members of the European Parliament’s budget committee Tuesday that the draft proposal required extra preparation time in order to factor in new spending to deal with the migration crisis. A diplomatic source in the Council of Ministers said the budget presentation, which had been scheduled for May 25, will now come a month later.

EU reality
    If they had nothing to hide then this should go ahead as normal. It didn't .

Work it out

This is the organisation that has not had the budget signed off for over 20 years on the day that Kerry bitches about corruption?
  • Options
    BBC on demand now apparently needs a licence as well.

Ok Fine.

At what point can I opt out of this entire BBC telly tax without going to jail?

Quite... I cant
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,932
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,932
    Moses_ said:

EU reality

The European Commission has postponed its presentation of a draft EU budget for 2017 until late June, after the British referendum on whether to leave the union.

Kristalina Georgieva, the Commission’s vice president in charge of budget issues, notified members of the European Parliament’s budget committee Tuesday that the draft proposal required extra preparation time in order to factor in new spending to deal with the migration crisis. A diplomatic source in the Council of Ministers said the budget presentation, which had been scheduled for May 25, will now come a month later.

EU reality

Work it out

This is the organisation that has not had the budget signed off for over 20 years on the day that Kerry bitches about corruption?

Of course it's taking time to prepare, and nothing whatsoever to do with the British referendum, not at all.
    Leave need to be hammering this point every day, that there is no status quo and there's a whole load more Europe waiting just around the corner if we vote to remain.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fI7GwBtTRvc
    One of my all-time heroes, RIP. To stand virtually alone, scorned, vilified, and yet with calm, forensic intellect continue to pursue the truth, however unpopular and unwelcome it was at the time. No-one today really accepts the Warren Commission...
  • Options
    Hammers home....

EU reality

EU reality

Work it out

This is the organisation that has not had the budget signed off for over 20 years on the day that Kerry bitches about corruption
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137

DavidL said:

SeanT said:

Pulpstar said:

SeanT said:

I see Trump is now rowing back on all his madder ideas, like the total ban on Muslims. As some of us predicted. He said all that crazy stuff to win the Nom.

Now he will tack sharply to the center, and his adoring fans will forgive him.

He's much cleverer than people will admit, and he has a real chance of winning.

It'll turn into a ban from places like Pakistan, Iran, other majority muslim countries associated with terrorism.
    Brief reminder: I met a very smart, funny, acute, elderly American billionairess when i was in Kenya looking at THE THREE LAST NORTHERN WHITE RHINOS ON EARTH, last month.

She'd been in the safari camp for a month, spending her money. She told me she was Trump's next door neighbour.

Her verdict on the Donald? "He's very intelligent, and an excellent delegator".

She wasn't trying to convince me of his politics, she was just stating it as bald fact. Interesting.
    I think President Trump will be a surprise and a disappointment all at once. Those who are expecting disaster will be pleasantly surprised. Those expecting radical change will be seriously disappointed about how much the new boss is like the old boss.

The big risk with Trump is that he'll get bored. He clearly wants to win the Presidency, but whether he actually wants to be President is another matter entirely. If you're not a politician - and he's not - it could get tiring to be so constrained.

Maybe. But what other job is he going to get at his age that comes with launch codes?
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

One of my all-time heroes, RIP. To stand virtually alone, scorned, vilified, and yet with calm, forensic intellect continue to pursue the truth, however unpopular and unwelcome it was at the time. No-one today really accepts the Warren Commission...

Was that episode of The Firing Line shot on the Grassy Knoll?
  • Options
    RodCrosby said:

To stand virtually alone, scorned, vilified, and yet with calm, forensic intellect continue to pursue the truth, however unpopular and unwelcome it was at the time. No-one today really doubts swingback...
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034

RodCrosby said:

To stand virtually alone, scorned, vilified, and yet with calm, forensic intellect continue to pursue the truth, however unpopular and unwelcome it was at the time. No-one today really doubts swingback...
    I am one of the guilty ones - in reference to the 2009 run up. Rod stood tall, chapeau. I humbly learnt my lesson and did not vilify him in 2014/5
This discussion has been closed.