Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Undefined discussion subject.

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,015
    One of the best parody accounts. I also like Merkel's Queen of Europe one.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    Osborne is deluded if he thinks he will be the next leader of the Tories:

https://twitter.com/DailyMailUK/status/726002872085807104
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,314
    edited April 2016
    Scott_P said:

@AgentP22: Welcome to SNP run Scotland.

The only country in the world whose future is decided by an opinion poll. https://t.co/BshoOErAXA

https://twitter.com/Ruth_E_Davidson/status/724232091576225792

@Ruth_E_Davidson Until recently that's how every Westminster election was called, wasn't it?

— Bill Whiteford (@Billwhiteford) 24 April 2016
  • Options

Scott_P said:

@AgentP22: Welcome to SNP run Scotland.

The only country in the world whose future is decided by an opinion poll. https://t.co/BshoOErAXA

@Ruth_E_Davidson Until recently that's how every Westminster election was called, wasn't it?

— Bill Whiteford (@Billwhiteford) 24 April 2016

Not the ones that lasted five years ;)
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195
    Scott_P said:
    Poisonous scum really crawling out from under their rocks now.

Wonder why they thought this moment in time was the one to fess up.

• Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    rcs1000 said:

This is a fascinating article on American economic insecurity:
    http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/05/my-secret-shame/476415/

Difficult to feel a lot of sympathy for the writer since he admits spending $401k on his daughter's wedding. I'm sure most people would like to spend $401k on their child's wedding but they don't because they can't afford it.
  • Options
    FloaterFloater Posts: 14,195

Floater said:

Sky news at 7pm just horrible for Labour

Did they run the jezza "who are you"...sky news..."Goodbye"...then stuck trying to get through the door for what seems like forever?
    Lots of stuff including a parade of Labour anti semitic comments

Followed up by a historian ripping Ken a new one (and those who say they are against zionism not jews)

Labour just look so ugly right now.
  • Options
    PolruanPolruan Posts: 2,083
    AndyJS said:

rcs1000 said:

Difficult to feel a lot of sympathy for the writer since he admits spending $401k on his daughter's wedding. I'm sure most people would like to spend $401k on their child's wedding but they don't because they can't afford it.
    True, but they might spend the contents of their 401(k) savings account like the writer did - or their ISA in this country...
  • Options
    Polruan said:

AndyJS said:

rcs1000 said:

True, but they might spend the contents of their 401(k) savings account like the writer did - or their ISA in this country...
    Sounds like they've got an over-entitled child on their hand.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,161
    AndyJS said:

rcs1000 said:

The 401(k) is just a retirement account. The article doesn't say they spent $401k.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    test
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,005
    Polruan said:

Indigo said:

Polruan said:

The big question when Cameron clings onto power post-referendum by replacing the awkward right of his own party with the acquiescent right of the Labour party is how the party brands will shake down. Will it be

- Cameron keeps the Conservative label, the frothers join UKIP, and the Labour right become members of the new Conservatives?
    - The Labour right manage to seize the party back, throw out the lefties, and form a coalition with Cameron’s pro-EU colleagues?
    - or the extremes on the right and left take control of their parties, leading Cameron and Osborne to form a new party with Kendall, Woodcock, Mann et al?

Most importantly, what does this putative new party get called? First choice would have to be the Centre Party though if Crosby stays involved you wouldn’t rule out the Stability Party. (In passing, I imagine the Conservative right will bear a strong resemblance to the new party proposed in the these pages yesterday).

That's a rather pejorative way of putting it. If you put up a scale for 1 to 10, with Chairman Mao at 1 and Oswald Mosley at 10, Cameron and Blair are about 5.1, there are whole mountains of members and shades

The Milquetoast Party that you are proposing would struggle electorally because it is the pro-immigration, pro-EU party, which will come to be seen as a complete liability over the next 2-3 years, not to mention it is a magic money tree party that is going to be completely discredited the next time the markets turn down.
    I'm sorry, I wasn't really trying to be pejorative and I'm not suggesting that everyone to the right or left of Cameron's ideal centre is in any way an extremist - when you get to Griffin, yes, when you get to Corbyn you have to go a bit further left to hit Griffin's equivalent. That's my point though: there is a lot of respectable political space that the Cameroons and the Labour right are not interested in occupying. And the Cameron project, as with the Labour right project, is to portray the party members in that space as extremists (threatening our economy, security etc etc). I don't see that we can end up with two main parties endlessly fighting over that space, particularly with the anti-politics mood increasing by the day; but Cameron's desire to maintain power by portraying everyone else as an extremists means it makes perfect sense for him to destroy Labour by making common cause with its "sensible" members. Who, when you look at their actions on the Welfare Bill last year (for example) will be falling over one another to accept.

I'd like to think it would struggle electorally, but I'm not convinced.
    It's a fair point. If we were starting from scratch, or had PR, Blairites, Cameroons, and Orange Book Lib Dems would be all one party.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,097
    AndyJS said:

rcs1000 said:

A 401k is a retirement account! He spent some of his retirement savings, not $401,000!
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    It's a fair point. If we were starting from scratch, or had PR, Blairites, Cameroons, and Orange Book Lib Dems would be all one party.

Theres plenty of us who have been saying - for years now - that there is NOTHING to choose between them.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:
    I hope it doesn't conclude it's been a Jewish/Zionist plot.
  • Options
    another_richardanother_richard Posts: 25,145
    Thanks for the piece WR.

And thanks also to all those who have written so knowledgeably about the US election.
  • Options
    Pong said:

MikeK said:

Anorak said:

Anyone mentioned this yet? Headline of the year, maybe...

Large Hadron Collider: Weasel causes shutdown

I've always had the feeling, sans any proof, that the Large Hadron Collider is one of the biggest scientific scams ever.

But with so much work and billions of Euros, not to mention reputations, invested in it I don't expect it to be proclaimed a failure any time soon. Or ever.
    Science? Nah, go by unsubstantiated intuition. It is so much cheaper to be ignorant too.

lol. Reminds me of this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U
    Excellent!

Isn't it amazing how disdain for actual knowledge leads people to come up with the most bizarre conspiracy theories? Sometimes I wish I'd become a psychologist!
  • Options

dr_spyn said:
    I hope it doesn't conclude it's been a Jewish/Zionist plot.
    Stop it - trying to put the kids to bed and howling with laughter
  • Options
    So after Richard Nabavi had a meltdown earlier this week we had TSE crybabying about Leaves version of Project Fear today.

WWWWHHHHIIIIIINNNNEEEE

Report back to CCHQ for a new briefing.

• Options
    Polruan said:

Anorak said:

Anyone mentioned this yet? Headline of the year, maybe...

Large Hadron Collider: Weasel causes shutdown

Superb. That'll teach them to collide tuppenny rice and treacle.
    :-)
  • Options
    Floater said:

Scott_P said:
    Poisonous scum really crawling out from under their rocks now.

Wonder why they thought this moment in time was the one to fess up.

Kilmore looks to be such an appropriate name.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Floater said:

Sky news at 7pm just horrible for Labour

Ken's been draining his pond today, apparently.
    That seems especially unlikely given the weather.
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    edited April 2016
    dr_spyn said:
    If this isn't a crisis, why is an 'independent' inquiry necessary?!
  • Options
    ThreeQuidderThreeQuidder Posts: 6,133

dr_spyn said:
    Is it going to be judge-led?
  • Options

dr_spyn said:
    Is it going to be judge-led?
    I don't think that Shami Chakrabarti counts as a judge

But I really don't expect this process to come with anything other than a new definition of the terms that means that Corbyn doesn't have to challenge his friends and the views they share.

It is an attempt to get it off the front pages - and that just ain't gonna happen. I am sure that we will get new revelations over the weekend and more suspensions will have to follow
  • Options
    edited April 2016

dr_spyn said:
    I think it's rather sad. Could you honestly imagine Attlee, Gaitskell, Wilson, Callaghan, Kinnock, Blair having to commission an enquiry into anti-semitism in the Labour Party? But, we've reached a point where identity politics has become so toxic that the left are devouring each other.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

That was interesting.

And the UK is following the USA.

• Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,291
    Crisis what crisis, what need for an inquiry.

Jezza's little friends help with a faux morality tale.

http://www.stopwar.org.uk/index.php/news-comment/1932-stop-the-war-statement-29-04-16#.VyOhvkHlwTY.twitter
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited April 2016
    It's the end of the World as we know it:

https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/status/726119882475982848

Marco Rubio praises Donald Trump, says it's OK for the good of party unity for his delegates to support Trump.
    Don't forget he has more delegates than Kasich.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,005
    AndyJS said:

rcs1000 said:

Where in the article does it state he spent $401k on his daughter's wedding ?
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Marco Rubio praises Donald Trump, says it's OK for the good of party unity for his delegates to support Trump.

If Rubio does shift his delegates en masse, then Trump can effectively clinch things on Tuesday.

Amazing what a bit of momentum can do.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

dr_spyn said:
    I think it's rather sad. Could you honestly imagine Attlee, Gaitskell, Wilson, Callaghan, Kinnock, Blair having to commission an enquiry into anti-semitism in the Labour Party? But, we've reached a point where identity politics has become so toxic that the left are devouring each other.
    The Left's identity policies began in the 1980s when they aimed for a 'rainbow coalition' of non-whites, homosexuals, greens, feminists, 'youths' etc to defeat the 'mainstream' Conservative voting blocs in middle suburban London.

The Lefts's problem now is that having achieved that demographically they discover that the aims of each individual band of the 'rainbow coalition' are not mutually compatible.

Meanwhile both 'middle England' and the Lefts's original wwc base looks on with disgust.
  • Options
    Meanwhile Mike Pence is trying to reach for the fence again despite his endorsement of Ted Cruz:

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/source-indiana-gov-mike-pence-endorse-ted-cruz-n564811

"Indiana Gov. Mike Pence endorsed Ted Cruz on Friday ahead of the Hoosier State's critical primary. But he also commended Donald Trump for tapping into "the frustration of millions of working Americans."

"I'm not against anybody, but I will be voting for Ted Cruz," Pence said in a radio interview on WIBC in Indianapolis."

"I particularly want to commend Donald Trump, who I think has given voice to the frustration of millions of working Americans with the lack of progress in Washington, D.C.," the governor said. Pence added that he was not trying to tell Indiana voters who to support and that he will enthusiastically back whichever candidate wins the nomination."

So that might also be a flop for Cruz.
  • Options
    brokenwheelbrokenwheel Posts: 3,352
    I don't think I really want to know Labour's solution to the Jewish problem...
  • Options

I wonder if it involves, as Naz Shah advocated, "Transportation"?
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125

So after Richard Nabavi had a meltdown earlier this week we had TSE crybabying about Leaves version of Project Fear today.

WWWWHHHHIIIIIINNNNEEEE

Jeez - is that really necessary on a serious site like this.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

I said weeks ago that the Cleveland convention will be a Trump lovefest and the Republican elite will try to pretend they never tried to stop him. Looks like it's starting to happen.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Speedy said:

If Rubio does shift his delegates en masse, then Trump can effectively clinch things on Tuesday.

Amazing what a bit of momentum can do.
    It's amazing that professional politicians shift positions like the sand.
    But only fools won't change opinion based on evidence.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

rcs1000 said:

That was interesting.

It is an excellent article on the underside of the American dream. Noteworthy how often medical issues come up as catastrophic financial events. It is easy to see why Trumpism is proving so popular, at least with a percentage of Americans.

The root cause is people living beyond their means. This is something that has been explictly encouraged by our governments as a form of "economic stimulus".
  • Options

I wonder if it involves, as Naz Shah advocated, "Transportation"?
    "Ask me my three priorities for government and I tell you: ..."
  • Options

Sean_F said:

dr_spyn said:
    The Left's identity policies began in the 1980s when they aimed for a 'rainbow coalition' of non-whites, homosexuals, greens, feminists, 'youths' etc to defeat the 'mainstream' Conservative voting blocs in middle suburban London.

The Lefts's problem now is that having achieved that demographically they discover that the aims of each individual band of the 'rainbow coalition' are not mutually compatible.

Meanwhile both 'middle England' and the Lefts's original wwc base looks on with disgust.
    It all started with the "Ain't No Jack In The Union Jack" publication.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

That was interesting.

It is an excellent article on the underside of the American dream. Noteworthy how often medical issues come up as catastrophic financial events. It is easy to see why Trumpism is proving so popular, at least with a percentage of Americans.

The root cause is people living beyond their means. This is something that has been explictly encouraged by our governments as a form of "economic stimulus".
    Living a little beyond your means was fine when real incomes were growing at 25% per decade. Now that they're growing at 2-3% a decade, it's become a struggle.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

That was interesting.

Not just for 'economic stimulus'.

People tend to be happy when spending money on consumer tat, meals out, entertainment, holidays etc.

And people who are happy re-elect governments.
  • Options
    felix said:

WWWWHHHHIIIIIINNNNEEEE

Oddly enough I can't remember you responding similarly to, for example, the endless comments from Scott_P of a similar nature

I just love how so many PBers are one-eyed.

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,298
    edited April 2016
    Was that it on HIGFNY on Hug a Hitler...2 seconds.
  • Options
    Labour to launch anti-Semitism inquiry

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36175660
  • Options

Sean_F said:

dr_spyn said:

The rainbow coalition worked when the issues were primarily economic and social, where it fell apart was when the issues became primarily cultural. This is in large part to Cameron's modernisation of the Tory party, but also to the economic consensus that had emerged.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

rcs1000 said:

That was interesting.

Living a little beyond your means was fine when real incomes were growing at 25% per decade. Now that they're growing at 2-3% a decade, it's become a struggle.
    Having bet heavily (much too late) on trump nominee I am beginning to think that I should trade out and back trump for president. I think once the gop get behind he could look winnable and trade around 3.3.
  • Options
    Does anyone know how many London boroughs Boris 'won' in 2008 and 2012 ?

I can see Zac winning:

Barnet
    Bexley
    Bromley
    Havering
    Hillingdon
    Kensington
    Kingston
    Richmond
    Sutton
    Wandsworth
    Westminter

Harrow (probably)

Hammersmith (possibly)
    Croydon (possibly)

Which would Sadiq winning at least 18 boroughs.

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @Ruth_E_Davidson: Stop. Just stop.

Ken Livingstone uses a RAPE comparison when asked about Labour suspension https://t.co/jAjWPmZhYa
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,005

Speedy said:

I said weeks ago that the Cleveland convention will be a Trump lovefest and the Republican elite will try to pretend they never tried to stop him. Looks like it's starting to happen.
    “I’ve always said I’m going to support the Republican nominee, and that’s especially true now that it’s apparent that Hillary Clinton will be the Democrat nominee,”

That's like a boxer saying he'll train hard for his fight, especially now he knows he has an opponent :D
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Sean_F said:

dr_spyn said:

The rainbow coalition worked when the issues were primarily economic and social, where it fell apart was when the issues became primarily cultural. This is in large part to Cameron's modernisation of the Tory party, but also to the economic consensus that had emerged.
    And, of course, the individual components of the coalition have massively fractured and splintered over the intervening years.

These days, the 'homosexual' groups extend to LGBTTAAI+ (if not more)...

Edit - oops, I missed out QQ - my bad!
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    Ken's Notes
    =======

1. Hitler = Bad
    2. Israel = Bad

3. Hitler = Israel

• Options
    DixieDixie Posts: 1,221

I can see Zac winning:

Barnet
    Bexley
    Bromley
    Havering
    Hillingdon
    Kensington
    Kingston
    Richmond
    Sutton
    Wandsworth
    Westminter

Harrow (probably)

Hammersmith (possibly)
    Croydon (possibly)

Zac will win Merton. Figures are looking really good in Harrow. Amazingly positive rumours about Camden!
  • Options

felix said:

WWWWHHHHIIIIIINNNNEEEE

Oddly enough I can't remember you responding similarly to, for example, the endless comments from Scott_P of a similar nature

I don't like the nasty personal attacks which have escalated in the past few weeks. Not sure I've seen anything from Scott-P mindlessly attacking individuals on the site. Like many others I comment far less frequently now.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Ken Livingstone uses a RAPE comparison when asked about Labour suspension https://t.co/jAjWPmZhYa

Ouch, ouch, ouch

He really doesn't know when to stop
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

I honestly thought it couldn't get any worse from Ken. But it has if this is true.
  • Options
    All Ken now needs to do is start quoting from Chairman Mao little red book....
  • Options
    London: Labour normally blurt the postal vote figures but haven't.

Why?:

1. Electoral Commission on their case - unlikely, soft as sh*te.
    2. Jezza says don't do it...ha ha bloody ha!
    3. Not enough Labour people at the counts...possible.
    4. Labour finally realised that blurting aids the Tories...likely.

I'm desperate to hear.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

rcs1000 said:

That was interesting.

Indeed - Dickens encapsulates the difference between misery and happiness so wonderfully in David Copperfield - that is one Victorian value worth a re-visit.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @alexmassie: Labour's press team is so good they're going to be able to make "Zionist Hitler" a five day story. Not everyone could manage that.
  • Options

Judge led I hope.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@alexmassie: Labour's press team is so good they're going to be able to make "Zionist Hitler" a five day story. Not everyone could manage that.

At this rate they will be giving media advice to Donald Trump...
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

On the BBC? - you were lucky to get 2 seconds.
  • Options
    Dixie said:

I can see Zac winning:

Barnet
    Bexley
    Bromley
    Havering
    Hillingdon
    Kensington
    Kingston
    Richmond
    Sutton
    Wandsworth
    Westminter

Harrow (probably)

Hammersmith (possibly)
    Croydon (possibly)

Zac will win Merton. Figures are looking really good in Harrow. Amazingly positive rumours about Camden!
    Labour had a 4231 vote lead over the Conservatives in Merton borough last year.

Why are you so confident that Zac will win there ? Differential turnout or second preferences from middle class LibDems in Wimbledon and UKIP voters ?

As to Camden - its possible that Zac might do better than expected there but I hope you're not suggesting that has actually a chance of winning the borough ?

• Options

Judge led I hope.
    Will Ken be chairing it?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Why do Labour need an inquiry...what is there to work out....It isn't like considering the future energy needs of the nation or how to reform the education system.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,904
    Presumably other Lab. members will have had the Jezza Email today

"Dear John,

I wanted to send you this message today to thank you and update you on our election campaigns. But it is important that I mention the events of the last few days.

Let me make it clear that Labour is implacably opposed to any form of racism, including anti-Semitism, and I will personally ensure that Labour introduces measures to take tough action on this matter."

Jezza
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Judge led I hope.
    Will Ken be chairing it?
    I hear Nick Griffin is at a loose end these days....
  • Options
    Dixie said:

I can see Zac winning:

Barnet
    Bexley
    Bromley
    Havering
    Hillingdon
    Kensington
    Kingston
    Richmond
    Sutton
    Wandsworth
    Westminter

Harrow (probably)

Hammersmith (possibly)
    Croydon (possibly)

Zac won't win Merton or Camden.
  • Options

Dixie said:

I can see Zac winning:

Barnet
    Bexley
    Bromley
    Havering
    Hillingdon
    Kensington
    Kingston
    Richmond
    Sutton
    Wandsworth
    Westminter

Harrow (probably)

Hammersmith (possibly)
    Croydon (possibly)

Why are you so confident that Zac will win there ? Differential turnout or second preferences from middle class LibDems in Wimbledon and UKIP voters ?

As to Camden - its possible that Zac might do better than expected there but I hope you're not suggesting that has actually a chance of winning the borough ?

Labour MP in Mitcham/Morden has strong following that doesn't always transfer to other elections. There's been a stronger focus by Zac in the borough than Boris did. Labour Council in disarray - sackings, resignations. Plus Assembly Member candidate for Tories is a Merton man where as before always Wandsworth, some Reds will vote for him and Zac. Lastly, local Labour very Blairite, not fans of Khan or Corbyn so they are doing less. Oh, and quite strong Lib Dem in Wimbledon part and they more often break Tory at this election.
  • Options
    felix said:

felix said:

WWWWHHHHIIIIIINNNNEEEE

I don't like the nasty personal attacks which have escalated in the past few weeks. Not sure I've seen anything from Scott-P mindlessly attacking individuals on the site. Like many others I comment far less frequently now.
    That's fair enough.

But we're all big boys (and some girls) here and there's never been any shortage of 'give and take' and sometimes some personal while I've been reading this site.

The thing to do is either to be willing to 'give and take' and accept all the party propaganda for the bollox it is or to remain reasonably logical and factual.

When you don't you're liable to be laughed at.
  • Options
    Dixie said:

Dixie said:

I can see Zac winning:

Barnet
    Bexley
    Bromley
    Havering
    Hillingdon
    Kensington
    Kingston
    Richmond
    Sutton
    Wandsworth
    Westminter

Harrow (probably)

Hammersmith (possibly)
    Croydon (possibly)

Labour MP in Mitcham/Morden has strong following that doesn't always transfer to other elections. There's been a stronger focus by Zac in the borough than Boris did. Labour Council in disarray - sackings, resignations. Plus Assembly Member candidate for Tories is a Merton man where as before always Wandsworth, some Reds will vote for him and Zac. Lastly, local Labour very Blairite, not fans of Khan or Corbyn so they are doing less. Oh, and quite strong Lib Dem in Wimbledon part and they more often break Tory at this election.
    I do find Camden unbelievable, quite unbelievable. It is what Labour are telling me. They could be lying or wrong.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,078
    weejonnie said:

HIGNFY was pretty merciless on ED M however.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,078

"Dear John,

I wanted to send you this message today to thank you and update you on our election campaigns. But it is important that I mention the events of the last few days.

Let me make it clear that Labour is implacably opposed to any form of racism, including anti-Semitism, and I will personally ensure that Labour introduces measures to take tough action on this matter."

Jezza

Terse. Although honestly more words just gives people more to pick apart I suppose.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

"Dear John,

Jezza

Terse. Although honestly more words just gives people more to pick apart I suppose.
    It's like reminding the ex-wife of an affair you had. Let those dogs lie. No one believes him anyway. For we Tories, we need this to keep this running.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,904
    kle4 said:

"Dear John,

Jezza

Thats the first bit then there is a section about locals and helping in key council areas
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

It is a week before elections, so largely apolitical this week, as you would expect.
  • Options
    Dixie said:

Dixie said:

I can see Zac winning:

Barnet
    Bexley
    Bromley
    Havering
    Hillingdon
    Kensington
    Kingston
    Richmond
    Sutton
    Wandsworth
    Westminter

Harrow (probably)

Hammersmith (possibly)
    Croydon (possibly)

Merton borough elections 2014:

Lab 29,206
    Con 18,807
    LibD 6,682
    UKIP 6,112

http://www.andrewteale.me.uk/leap/results/2014/28/
  • Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651
    edited April 2016
    AndyJS said:

rcs1000 said:

Dunno if anyone else has already corrected you ... 401(k) is the American pensions account. Still, crazy to spend your pension fund on your daughter's wedding!

(Can't say I have lots of sympathy either, I save like mad due to health/disability issues meaning I never really know if I'm on the brink of being unable to work for a couple of years, as happens periodically. I've never felt comfortable unless I had enough cash readily accessible in the bank to pay my bills for 6 months, and preferably a year, without eating into long run savings and investments. If I was subject to the US system of gigantic medical bills that could fall on my head at random, I think I'd be even more cautious. But if all UK consumers scrimped and saved and generally behaved the way I do, it would screw the economy up royally.)
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

Dixie said:

I can see Zac winning:

Barnet
    Bexley
    Bromley
    Havering
    Hillingdon
    Kensington
    Kingston
    Richmond
    Sutton
    Wandsworth
    Westminter

Harrow (probably)

Hammersmith (possibly)
    Croydon (possibly)

Zac won't win Merton or Camden.

I agree it is hard to get proper info. I'm confident about Merton.
  • Options
    Dixie said:

Dixie said:

Dixie said:

I can see Zac winning:

Barnet
    Bexley
    Bromley
    Havering
    Hillingdon
    Kensington
    Kingston
    Richmond
    Sutton
    Wandsworth
    Westminter

Harrow (probably)

Hammersmith (possibly)
    Croydon (possibly)

I do find Camden unbelievable, quite unbelievable. It is what Labour are telling me. They could be lying or wrong.
    There are a lot of Jewish voters in Camden.
  • Options

Dixie said:

Dixie said:

I can see Zac winning:

Barnet
    Bexley
    Bromley
    Havering
    Hillingdon
    Kensington
    Kingston
    Richmond
    Sutton
    Wandsworth
    Westminter

Harrow (probably)

Hammersmith (possibly)
    Croydon (possibly)

Merton borough elections 2014:

Lab 29,206
    Con 18,807
    LibD 6,682
    UKIP 6,112

http://www.andrewteale.me.uk/leap/results/2014/28/
    Council is different as in 2014 Tories split with 5 going to UKIP. Disaster. Labour now under pressure. GE was much better and we've pushed on again.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:
    I have list track, he is still going to be short in the end right?
  • Options
    Chris_AChris_A Posts: 1,237
    A far bigger factor in next week's elections, rather than the Livingstone fiasco, will be 5 million public sector workers discovering this week that their pay has been cut by Osbrone's very stealth tax.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    AndyJS said:
    Has just claimed 1001 - and Rubio seems to be endorsing him as well. Unless someone knobbles him or his delegates then this race is over.
  • Options
    Chris_A said:

A far bigger factor in next week's elections, rather than the Livingstone fiasco, will be 5 million public sector workers discovering this week that their pay has been cut by Osbrone's very stealth tax.

I just knew he shouldn't have called it the Stealth Tax, it just sounds bad!
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

Dixie said:

Dixie said:

Dixie said:

I can see Zac winning:

Barnet
    Bexley
    Bromley
    Havering
    Hillingdon
    Kensington
    Kingston
    Richmond
    Sutton
    Wandsworth
    Westminter

Harrow (probably)

Hammersmith (possibly)
    Croydon (possibly)

There are a lot of Jewish voters in Camden.
    Indeed. It's not my view, it is Labour's. I can't corroborate. But I like hearing it.
  • Options
    This has got to be the twitter post of the day. (As posted below)

Ian Austin ‎@IanAustinMP
    "This row about Ken Livingstone & Hitler is so unfair. One was a horrible extremist obsessed with Jews. The other was leader of Nazi Germany"
  • Options
    Chris_A said:

Would you give details please.

(I'm not being argumentative but genuinely interested).
  • Options
    edited April 2016

AndyJS said:
    He's going to easily reach 1,237, doesn't even require Indiana now. New Jersey, West Virginia and California will suffice.
  • Options
    AndyJS said:

AndyJS said:
    He's going to easily reach 1,237, doesn't even require Indiana now. New Jersey, West Virginia and California will suffice.
    And who would have thought that was possible a year ago?
  • Options

This has got to be the twitter post of the day. (As posted below)

Ian Austin ‎@IanAustinMP
    "This row about Ken Livingstone & Hitler is so unfair. One was a horrible extremist obsessed with Jews. The other was leader of Nazi Germany"

Should do a lot of damage
  • Options
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2016-36173172

The Left on both sides of the Atlantic seem incapable of controlling themselves it would seem.
This discussion has been closed.