Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Ahead of EURef the Electoral Commission turns to Facebook t

Comments

• Options
    IndigoIndigo Posts: 9,966
    edited April 2016
    Pulpstar said:

Either Raheem Kassan is the world's fastest typing journalist/publisher, or that piece was preprepared and the toys were out the pram just waiting for EC confirmation of a betting certainty...

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/04/13/eu-referendum-westminster-establishment-vote-leave-handed-official-campaign-designation-eu-campaign/

It's all very odd.

They appear to be complaining in essence that the decision appears to have been made last night and that the EC was jumping the gun when the moment of truth was meant to be today.

I would be very surprised if the decision hadn't been taken a couple of weeks ago, to give time for it to be read and rubber stamped by the various levels of management and their lawyers. It's possible something leaked out of the EC a day or two ago, but it's hardly likely to be their fault, and the leak of something that has been decided but hasn't been announced is hard a novelty, it happens most budgets for one thing!
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,997
    edited April 2016

Oh dear, just piss off Arron Banks, this fucking referendum has already screwed up Mike's holiday plans, and mine as well.

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/720256313683546112

I imagine his lawyers will tell him he'd be throwing his money away.

Peter Bone seems quite willing to work with Vote Leave, so Banks may be on his own.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002

Oh dear, just piss off Arron Banks, this fucking referendum has already screwed up Mike's holiday plans, and mine as well.

Arron Banks will go up ALOT in my estimation if he gets it pushed back to October :p

#Pockettalking
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,612
    edited April 2016
    Danny565 said:

I don't follow how, even if there is a judicial review, how that would delay the Referendum?
    By asking the courts to grant an injunction to stop Vote Leave doing anything, thus saying by the time the courts have resolved it, there isn't enough time for a proper campaign
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

I imagine his lawyers will tell him he'd be throwing his money away.

Peter Bone seems quite willing to work with Vote Leave, so Banks may be on his own.
    It the last sentence the important bit, is he trying to use this as a pretext to delay the referendum, because of events dear boy, events ?
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    Sparrow: - Grassroots Out has put out a statement congratulating Vote Leave on winning the designation. This is from Peter Bone, a Conservative MP and Grassroots Out spokesman.

We congratulate Vote Leave on securing designation and we thank our supporters for all the hard work they have put into the campaign so far.

We draw our support from right across the political spectrum and from tens of thousands of grassroots campaigners of no particular political affiliation.

We are motivated by a deep sense of patriotism and the unflinching belief that the UK will be safer, stronger and more independent outside the EU. We will be able to control our own borders, build our prosperity by trading freely with the whole world, and restore our historic right to self government.

We look forward to working closely and productively with all those who want to see the UK set free to determine its own destiny. We are determined to play our part in creating a united front to secure victory on June 23 for Leave – Independence Day.

(Apologies if already posted.)
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,298
    Exclusive photo of Banks when he heard the news...

http://www.breakingbiz.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/breakingbiztoys.jpg
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002

Danny565 said:

I don't follow how, even if there is a judicial review, how that would delay the Referendum?
    By asking the courts to grant an injunction to stop Vote Leave do anything, thus saying by the time the courts have resolved it, there isn't enough time for a proper campaign
    I do hope so, I've got a bet on H2 2016.
  • Options
    MTimTMTimT Posts: 7,034

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

If, as seems entirely possible, both REMAIN and Khan win their respective polls simply on the basis of female and non-white votes, how much longer will white males put up with representative democracy?

Atlas will Shrug.
    That book was written by a woman.

Congratulations.

Do you remember what it suggested about people who no longer felt they were getting an equitable return from society ?
    No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.
    Way too long. IIRC, the John Galt speech alone was about 70 pages. Have to admit, I sped read that part.

I think it's worth a read if you have any interest in understanding libertarianism, particularly in the US. And Greenspan was a devotee of Ayn Rand, so it provides some insights into his stewardship of the Fed.

Snippet, Rand Paul is not named after Ayn Rand, despite his father's libertarianism. He is Randal Howard Paul.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053

Sparrow: - Grassroots Out has put out a statement congratulating Vote Leave on winning the designation. This is from Peter Bone, a Conservative MP and Grassroots Out spokesman.

We congratulate Vote Leave on securing designation and we thank our supporters for all the hard work they have put into the campaign so far.

We draw our support from right across the political spectrum and from tens of thousands of grassroots campaigners of no particular political affiliation.

We are motivated by a deep sense of patriotism and the unflinching belief that the UK will be safer, stronger and more independent outside the EU. We will be able to control our own borders, build our prosperity by trading freely with the whole world, and restore our historic right to self government.

We look forward to working closely and productively with all those who want to see the UK set free to determine its own destiny. We are determined to play our part in creating a united front to secure victory on June 23 for Leave – Independence Day.

That IS good news. Now all it needs is for the esteemed Nigel to concur. If he doesn't, I can see the fracture in UKIP break wide open.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,631

Danny565 said:

By asking the courts to grant an injunction to stop Vote Leave doing anything, thus saying by the time the courts have resolved it, there isn't enough time for a proper campaign
    And if that doesn't work? We have a vote where the leave side has not been able to campaign or get its voice out there. Banks needs to STFU and Farage needs to tell him where to go with this fucking bullshit. Grow some fucking balls Nige.
  • Options
    I suspect we'll see judicial restraint being exercised here.
  • Options
    MTimT said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

If, as seems entirely possible, both REMAIN and Khan win their respective polls simply on the basis of female and non-white votes, how much longer will white males put up with representative democracy?

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

Do you remember what it suggested about people who no longer felt they were getting an equitable return from society ?
    No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.
    Way too long. IIRC, the John Galt speech alone was about 70 pages. Have to admit, I sped read that part.

I think it's worth a read if you have any interest in understanding libertarianism, particularly in the US. And Greenspan was a devotee of Ayn Rand, so it provides some insights into his stewardship of the Fed.

Snippet, Rand Paul is not named after Ayn Rand, despite his father's libertarianism. He is Randal Howard Paul.
    Ayn Rand was mad as a box of frogs.
  • Options

So will 23 June - Independence Day - now supplant 21 April (Queen's Birthday) on the UK national holidays calendar?
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    Elements of Project Titter hoping to delay the referendum until October is no laughing matter .... it's absolutely rib ticklingly hilarious.
  • Options

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.
    It's terribly turgid I will agree.

The short version is what would happen if the rich and powerful took their ball and went home, if they decided that they were getting so much grief from the politicians and media that it really wasn't worth the hassle, so they closed their business and went and enjoyed their money.
  • Options
    dugarbandierdugarbandier Posts: 2,596

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.
    in Delhi airport newsagents 2 years ago: Ayn RAnd books 10. Orwell 0.

not convinced this is a good thing (no, never read them either. There are too many good books out there waiting)
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

Danny565 said:

And if that doesn't work? We have a vote where the leave side has not been able to campaign or get its voice out there. Banks needs to STFU and Farage needs to tell him where to go with this fucking bullshit. Grow some fucking balls Nige.
    As we discussed a few weeks ago, given Farage's epic failures to become an MP, why would he want to give up his MEP's salary and attendant allowances?
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,100
    Off-topic:

It may have passed unmentioned on here, but the HS2 bill passed its third reading, with 399 MPs voting for and only 42 against. If it passes through the Lords then construction will start next year.

In news from the north, Trans-Pennine Express is going to be getting 140-MPH capable (*) trains, which should have 161 extra seats per train. They will be similar to the new bi-mode (electric and diesel) Hitachi trains ordered for the Great Western line.

(*) 125 MPH initially, depending on line speed. Ahem.
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @ScottyNational: Facts :Angus Robertson denies that he gets his facts from Twitter memes but has confirmed that Grumpy Cat is his research assistant
  • Options
    Plato_SaysPlato_Says Posts: 11,822
    There was bleating on Twitter last night from him, guessing the news today rather than as expected tomorrow is why.
    Indigo said:

Pulpstar said:

Either Raheem Kassan is the world's fastest typing journalist/publisher, or that piece was preprepared and the toys were out the pram just waiting for EC confirmation of a betting certainty...

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2016/04/13/eu-referendum-westminster-establishment-vote-leave-handed-official-campaign-designation-eu-campaign/

It's all very odd.

They appear to be complaining in essence that the decision appears to have been made last night and that the EC was jumping the gun when the moment of truth was meant to be today.

I would be very surprised if the decision hadn't been taken a couple of weeks ago, to give time for it to be read and rubber stamped by the various levels of management and their lawyers. It's possible something leaked out of the EC a day or two ago, but it's hardly likely to be their fault, and the leak of something that has been decided but hasn't been announced is hard a novelty, it happens most budgets for one thing!
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

MTimT said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.

Indeed. It does not mean that she was without influence, though.
  • Options
    @Politics_co_uk: Angus Robertson’s #PMQs question was based on a Twitter meme that was discredited two years ago. https://t.co/zA5Kg9CYHa
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Scott_P said:

@Politics_co_uk: Angus Robertson’s #PMQs question was based on a Twitter meme that was discredited two years ago. https://t.co/zA5Kg9CYHa

The bollocks twitter infographics strike again...I bet that has been on "Dr" Eion's timeline multiple times...
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

MTimT said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.

No, Ayn Rand wasn't mad in seeing a sort of bliss in Selfishness; just too rigid in her beliefs.
  • Options
    Very dignified.

• Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited April 2016
    Pulpstar said:

Nigel Farage has a big moment now. If his voice is not raised against Vote Leave, any challenge will evaporate. If he decides to fight, he will carry a large part of UKIP with him outside the tent.

The decision, while expected, is awful news for him. Come what may, UKIP are not going to own the Leave campaign now.

Can he afford (in financial terms) to not go with Arron Banks ?

Can he afford (in political terms) to go with Arron Banks ?
    Either way, it's very entertaining watching the nutters cage fight.
  • Options
    Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.

The short version is what would happen if the rich and powerful took their ball and went home, if they decided that they were getting so much grief from the politicians and media that it really wasn't worth the hassle, so they closed their business and went and enjoyed their money.
    Or, conversely, what happens when economies are planned centrally by corrupt, cronyist, unelected officials. EU, anyone?
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,631

MaxPB said:

Danny565 said:

As we discussed a few weeks ago, given Farage's epic failures to become an MP, why would he want to give up his MEP's salary and attendant allowances?
    Yes, well Farage and Banks are the biggest threats to a leave vote right now.
  • Options
    @StephenDFisher: My 2nd EUref forecast:
    Chances of winning: 73% Remain
    Vote share: 54% Remain, 46% Leave
    Margin of error ±13 pts https://t.co/naGGYrlApZ
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Sean_F said:

MTimT said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.

No, Ayn Rand wasn't mad in seeing a sort of bliss in Selfishness; just too rigid in her beliefs.
    http://the-toast.net/2016/02/11/ayn-rand-once-cursed-a-guys-dick-so-bad-he-moved-across-the-country/
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,074
    MikeK said:

Sean_F said:

MTimT said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.

No, she really was as mad as a box of frogs.

And I speak as someone who enjoyed both The Fountainhead, and Atlas Shrugged.

Little know fact: the Howard Roark character from The Fountainhead was based on a meeting Ayn Rand had with a young Nick Clegg.
  • Options
    MTimT said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.

Or, conversely, what happens when economies are planned centrally by corrupt, cronyist, unelected officials. EU, anyone?
    Errr... I think that's stretching it.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Little know fact: the Howard Roark character from The Fountainhead was based on a meeting Ayn Rand had with a young Nick Clegg.

LOL
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

MikeK said:

Sean_F said:

MTimT said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.

http://the-toast.net/2016/02/11/ayn-rand-once-cursed-a-guys-dick-so-bad-he-moved-across-the-country/
    That is hilarious. (In a sad and deranged way.)
  • Options
    Dave really is lucky in his choice of opponents.

Gordon Brown, Ed Miliband and now Arron Banks/Nigel Farage
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

MTimT said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.

The EU bit, yes. The first sentence, no.
  • Options
    Sean_F said:

MikeK said:

Sean_F said:

MTimT said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.

Not a relation of yours, I hope?
  • Options
    MTimT said:

rcs1000 said:

MTimT said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.

:lol:

Have you read The Road to Serfdom? I ask, because (a) it's a great book, and (b) it doesn't say what people think it says.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    rcs1000 said:

MikeK said:

Sean_F said:

MTimT said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.

No, she really was as mad as a box of frogs.

And I speak as someone who enjoyed both The Fountainhead, and Atlas Shrugged.

:D I tried a re-read of Atlas Shrugged a few months ago and had to stop on page 33. Funny what a span of 50 years will do.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,014
    Has Farage offered a response yet?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

MoE +/- 13 pts .. :smiley:
  • Options
    Ayn Rand's life in cartoon form:
    http://activatecomix.com/162-1-1.comic

(Actually very good IMO).
  • Options
    @Nigel_Farage: I congratulate @vote_leave on getting designation.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

deleted
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,302
    MikeK said:

Sean_F said:

MTimT said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.

Not too rigid to enjoy the benisons of state welfare in her later years of course.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

MTimT said:

rcs1000 said:

MTimT said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.

Have you read The Road to Serfdom? I ask, because (a) it's a great book, and (b) it doesn't say what people think it says.
    Nope. Perhaps I should.
  • Options
    nunununu Posts: 6,024
    Nigel Farage ‏@Nigel_Farage 2m2 minutes ago

I congratulate @vote_leave on getting designation.
  • Options
    Casino_RoyaleCasino_Royale Posts: 55,684

Just this second.

Can never be sure with Farage but it doesn't sound like a designation challenge to me.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/720262160601853952

Well done, my estimation of Farage has gone up a tad.
  • Options
    MTimT said:

rcs1000 said:

MTimT said:

rcs1000 said:

MTimT said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.

Nope. Perhaps I should.
    You should read it for the good of your Hayek.
  • Options

hard to say............!!!!
  • Options

Now he has to write that second sentence, saying he will join them.
  • Options
    So, not unlike Rik from The Young Ones, it seems Banks is alone in his views.
  • Options
    dugarbandierdugarbandier Posts: 2,596
    MikeK said:

he might untweet it later
  • Options
    blackburn63blackburn63 Posts: 4,492
    What superb news, Nigel has secured the Ukip vote (90%+ aren't interested in the various groups), Hannan and Hoey are both excellent.

What price Dan Hannan next conservative leader?

• Options
    david_herdsondavid_herdson Posts: 17,422
    MikeK said:

Unless that second sentence says "For now."?
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    JackW said:

Scott_P said:

Better than an artificially low MoE which fails to consider the fact that support might change between now and the referendum.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Port finished, luncheon venue vacated, sensible tweet sent....re-enter boozer...
  • Options
    Some on here are misjudging Farage, he has campaigned for this for 20 years, if we Leave on 23/6 he can ride off into the sunset and name his price, if not his life's work will be scarred by failure. He'll do nothing to jeopardise that.

Either way I'd say he won't be Ukip leader much beyond the referendum.
  • Options
    Well in terms of direct blood relations, there's the Duke of Windsor.
  • Options

And I look forward to seeing and chatting to Dan Hannan. In court.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Djokovic loses to Vesely 6:4 2:6 6:4 in Monte Carlo.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I'm assuming a typo here and he meant cast otherwise we might be going down the route of those vile foreigners, the Indians.

https://twitter.com/benrileysmith/status/720265326315892736
  • Options
    JackW said:

Djokovic loses to Vesely 6:4 2:6 6:4 in Monte Carlo.

Any big bets from Russia on the game?
  • Options

JackW said:

Scott_P said:

Better than an artificially low MoE which fails to consider the fact that support might change between now and the referendum.
    And about as much use as a Farage resignation statement.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:
    Out and Proud is a fabulous name for a LBG Brexit group.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 31,024

Off-topic:

It may have passed unmentioned on here, but the HS2 bill passed its third reading, with 399 MPs voting for and only 42 against. If it passes through the Lords then construction will start next year.

In news from the north, Trans-Pennine Express is going to be getting 140-MPH capable (*) trains, which should have 161 extra seats per train. They will be similar to the new bi-mode (electric and diesel) Hitachi trains ordered for the Great Western line.

(*) 125 MPH initially, depending on line speed. Ahem.

Meanwhile the morning service from Newark to Lincoln consists of a single carriage which is so overcrowded that the crew regularly have to refuse to let any more people on. It has been like this for several years and at peak times has over 80 people standing. The Operator says that they cannot do anything about it because all their carriages are in use.

Interesting fact, according to East Midlands Trains, unlike buses there is no legal limit as to how many people can be carried in a train carriage.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:
    I see Sunil's managed to get his own campaign in the list.

Although I didn't realise he was that young..
  • Options

I'm assuming a typo here and he meant cast otherwise we might be going down the route of those vile foreigners, the Indians.

Arron Banks is certainly an untouchable.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Here the full statement from Nigel Farage on the decision.

"I congratulate Vote Leave on getting designation.

The decision of Ukip to back Grassroots Out was on the basis that they saw the importance of the immigration issue in this referendum, and that we wanted to reach out across the country at a grassroots level and work with everyone from the left, centre and right of British politics to get our country out of the EU. I believe this approach is the only way the Leave side can win this referendum.

It is clear that Vote Leave now share my view on this approach, for instance the issue of EU open borders is now a prominent part of their campaign messaging.

Regardless of whichever campaign got the designation, Ukip would always have played a big role in this campaign as the only national party committed to leaving the EU and with a substantial £4m spending limit.

I have always wanted all on the Leave side to come together and have done my best to try and make this happen. I’ll continue to do so in the run up to the referendum to ensure the Leave side wins.

We in Ukip, as I’ve said from the start, will work with anyone that wants to leave the EU. We must work together to get our country out of the European Union."

This is where Farage and I have always been at odds, he believes immigration should be the be all, and end all of the Leave campaign, he is wrong, it is but one part in a much greater picture imho.
  • Options
    Blue_rogBlue_rog Posts: 2,019
    I think that those wanting to vote remain should read 1984 :grin: The shape of things to come
  • Options
    TheWhiteRabbitTheWhiteRabbit Posts: 12,388
    JackW said:

JackW said:

Scott_P said:

Depends on the distribution.
  • Options

Just reading Arron Banks can not apply for a judicial review, as Leave.EU never applied for Lead designation. Grassroots out did.
  • Options
    There's been some great niche campaigning by the disparate groups - it's broadened the whole message base.

I follow several on Twitter and its rather good to see the same broad objectives shared. Especially on trade.
    Danny565 said:

ttps://twitter.com/SamCoatesTimes/status/720258395366899712

• Options
    Blue_rog said:

I think that those wanting to vote remain should read 1984 :grin: The shape of things to come

Then leavers should read Revelations - the shape of things to come. ;)
  • Options
    Wall Street now struggling at just the 2,845 points above 15,000....

FTSE tumbling to 6,300+.

Scrapberg news.
  • Options

Just reading Arron Banks can not apply for a judicial review, as Leave.EU never applied for Lead designation. Grassroots out did.
    Chairman ROFLMAO
  • Options

JackW said:

JackW said:

Scott_P said:

Depends on the distribution.
    Farage's local boozer might be a tad parochial.
  • Options

MTimT said:

rcs1000 said:

MTimT said:

rcs1000 said:

MTimT said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Indigo said:

Atlas will Shrug.

Congratulations.

No, I've never read it.
    A wise decision.

Nope. Perhaps I should.
    You should read it for the good of your Hayek.
    Those animal spirits?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0nERTFo-Sk
  • Options
    The Time Ted Cruz Defended a Ban on Dildos

His legal team argued there was no right "to stimulate one's genitals."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/04/ted-cruz-dildo-ban-sex-devices-texas

https://twitter.com/clmazin/status/720259227067920385
  • Options

Here the full statement from Nigel Farage on the decision.

"I congratulate Vote Leave on getting designation.

The decision of Ukip to back Grassroots Out was on the basis that they saw the importance of the immigration issue in this referendum, and that we wanted to reach out across the country at a grassroots level and work with everyone from the left, centre and right of British politics to get our country out of the EU. I believe this approach is the only way the Leave side can win this referendum.

It is clear that Vote Leave now share my view on this approach, for instance the issue of EU open borders is now a prominent part of their campaign messaging.

Regardless of whichever campaign got the designation, Ukip would always have played a big role in this campaign as the only national party committed to leaving the EU and with a substantial £4m spending limit.

I have always wanted all on the Leave side to come together and have done my best to try and make this happen. I’ll continue to do so in the run up to the referendum to ensure the Leave side wins.

We in Ukip, as I’ve said from the start, will work with anyone that wants to leave the EU. We must work together to get our country out of the European Union."

This is where Farage and I have always been at odds, he believes immigration should be the be all, and end all of the Leave campaign, he is wrong, it is but one part in a much greater picture imho.

He doesn't see it as the be all and end all, he sees it as an important factor, as he states clearly.
  • Options

FTSE tumbling to 6,300+.

Scrapberg news.

I'm sorry that's not correct. Hunchman assured us all that we would be in the middle of a sovereign debt crisis right now, and stocks would be pretty much worthless.
  • Options
    Vote Leave should now try and spend (constructively) as much money as humanly possible tomorrow, and then reraise it.

Another £7m shouldn't be a problem now.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

FTSE tumbling to 6,300+.

Scrapberg news.

I'm sorry that's not correct. Hunchman assured us all that we would be in the middle of a sovereign debt crisis right now, and stocks would be pretty much worthless.
    I'm covering for Mike K - he's the bear news, I'm the one full of bull.
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,468
    Statement from The Sunil on Sunday:

Totally and utterly gutted, but not really surprised, that The Sunil on Sunday's "Be Leave" hasn't been chosen as the official LEAVE Campaign. But remember our positive message:

Believe in BRITAIN!

Be LEAVE!
  • Options
    Good analysis
    As for Rusbridger's Guardian, in an age of low interest rates and costly internet economics, that Guardian is either a thing of the past or on a suicide mission.
    http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/guardian-editor-alan-rusbridger-rupert-murdoch
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Suddenly, I'm pining for the time when John Whittingdale and the Dominatrix was the main image etched in my mind...
  • Options
    edited April 2016

The Time Ted Cruz Defended a Ban on Dildos

His legal team argued there was no right "to stimulate one's genitals."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/04/ted-cruz-dildo-ban-sex-devices-texas

https://twitter.com/clmazin/status/720259227067920385

And they say Trump is bonkers...

The guy who was Ted Cruz room mate....the man who brought us

Scary Movie 3
    Scary Movie 4
    The Hangover Part II
    The Hangover Part III

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craig_Mazin

I don't know which of these two guys has the more embarrassing history ;-)
  • Options
    Mr. Royale, so was the Second Punic War.
  • Options
    Danny565 said:

Suddenly, I'm pining for the time when John Whittingdale and the Dominatrix was the main image etched in my mind...
    I'm being even handed. I did a thread on Trump's todger, only fair I start to cover Cruz's dangly bits too.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820

MikeK said:

Unless that second sentence says "For now."?
    I think what you should remember that EACH group registered can spend £700,000 and if they receive large donations from e.g. Midland Businessmen, then they can spend it how they chose. UKIP can spend £4 million, although that is dwarfed by how much the other main parties can spend (Lib Lab Con) BSE and VL can spend £7 million and the Government (well anyone) can spend as much as they like before the spending rules come in.

If GO merged with VL then the potential money available to the LEAVE campaign drops substantially (at least the means to spend it effectively).
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,302

Well in terms of direct blood relations, there's the Duke of Windsor.
    A few great aunties also.

This discussion has been closed.