Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Keiran Pedley asks Is 2016 the year David Cameron loses the

12346»

Comments

• Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited January 2016
    I've just noticed that UKIP lead Labour among over 60s in the YG. Labour are now third with 17%.
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    ABrooke...Top Troll..are you saying that no one..not one person..anywhere in the country will lose their life needlessly because of this strike..really..
  • Options

ABrooke do try not to be a pillock..I realise it might be a tad difficult for you..but hey..Someone who need not die, will die because of this strike..and the strike is for more money.I wonder what these Doctors think that being a Doctor actually means...Train drivers strike..Miners strike..some aggrieved factory workers strike..Teachers strike..Doctors do not strike.

Hey if you post troll bait expect trolls.

Why don't you just go and join Labour :lol:
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,758

ABrooke...Top Troll..are you saying that no one..not one person..anywhere in the country will lose their life needlessly because of this strike..really..

No idea.

But since you're obviously hoping to grandstand on the issue maybe you can give us the exact number.
  • Options

Deleted tweet by Dr Eoin re no Labour reshuffle and which I can't figure out how to paste here!

Here's the next best thing...!

http://order-order.com/2016/01/04/dr-eoins-sources-let-him-down/
    Oh - ta...

He could end up working for the shadow foreign secretary, Mr. R. Burgon as his spad?
  • Options
    Any Doctor who turns his or her back on someone in pain or deep distress.is not a doctor but merely someone who has got a license to practise medicine..there is a vast difference.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

Someone will die because of the Doctors strike..it is inevitable...yet they voted for it...for more money

No, they are striking not for a pay rise but to avoid a pay cut. And paradoxically, it is likely fewer people will die if operations are cancelled.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,972

Someone will die because of the Doctors strike..it is inevitable...yet they voted for it...for more money

No, they are striking not for a pay rise but to avoid a pay cut. And paradoxically, it is likely fewer people will die if operations are cancelled.
    I thought they were striking to NOT work less hours, contrary to most other strikes?
  • Options

ABrooke do try not to be a pillock..I realise it might be a tad difficult for you..but hey..Someone who need not die, will die because of this strike..and the strike is for more money.I wonder what these Doctors think that being a Doctor actually means...Train drivers strike..Miners strike..some aggrieved factory workers strike..Teachers strike..Doctors do not strike.

Well you know I don't believe in Osbornomics, so why would I join ?
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Cameron has a 51 point lead over Corbyn among the age demographic that is most likely to vote.

Labour vote retention is 65% of May 2015 vote. Three million voters on their toes.
  • Options
    ABrooke Top Troll..and prize pillock..Maybe we should do the counting after the strike..
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,028
    edited January 2016
    chestnut said:

HYUFD said:

chestnut said:

malcolmg said:

Hard to believe it is only a tenner , but even so it is a lot of tenners every week.

The real problem isn't private v social, it's London v The Rest of the UK.

About £1 in every £4 in housing benefit is spent on London, I believe.
    Not that surprising given just over 50% of Londoners now rent compared to only about 35% of Britons as a whole
    So, London is the problem.

The London housing market needs to become more like the rest of Britain.

That means fewer tenants, more owners - and changes that drive subsidy levels down to those comparable with the remainder of the UK. The London Benefit Premium needs to be curbed.

Some London housing association properties are being let for double the price of comparable private rentals in the North, for example.

A one bed council flat costs the same in London as a three bed private rental house in bits of Lancashire.
    Yes but the problem is London is now a world city unlike other cities in the UK so high house prices are inevitable. New York, London's closest global rival, has 69% of its population renting with only 31% owning their own home.
    http://www.nakedapartments.com/guides/nyc/renting-in-new-york-city/high-demand-low-supply

Also, while a narrow majority of Londoners, now rent with only 49.5% owner occupiers, the highest rate of owner occupiers in the UK are in the South East and East, with 68.7% and 68.3% respectively, as more of those who work in London choose to buy in the surrounding commuter belt than pay far higher prices to buy in the City and get far less room. By contrast in the North East 62% are owner occupiers and in Yorkshire 64% and of course in those areas and the Midlands it is cheaper to live in a city than the surrounding suburbs
    http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/census/2011-census-analysis/a-century-of-home-ownership-and-renting-in-england-and-wales/short-story-on-housing.html
  • Options

ABrooke Top Troll..and prize pillock..Maybe we should do the counting after the strike..

So you haven't a clue,

nuff said.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642

Deleted tweet by Dr Eoin re no Labour reshuffle and which I can't figure out how to paste here!

Here's the next best thing...!

http://order-order.com/2016/01/04/dr-eoins-sources-let-him-down/
    I love how Guido uses inverted commas for Eoin Clarke's title.
  • Options
    DJL..So it is about money then..and if what you say is true about there being fewer deaths if they are on strike then perhaps they should make it permanent ..
  • Options
    Rubio dumps Jeb Bush in new Washington Post article
    “Jeb, to be very honest, I think it’s very hard for you to post up against Hillary Clinton and to separate yourself from the difficulty of the W. years and compare them with the Clinton years,” Romney recalled saying to Bush…
    [Romney] added, “A Bush-versus-Clinton head-to-head would be too easy for the Democrats.”
    http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264642-romney-to-bush-i-dont-know-if-you-can-win
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    Sandpit said:

Moses_ said:

ITV news suggesting sources say Benn not willing to be moved from post.

Start of the fightback against the leadership, or doing a "Purnell" and making a prat of himself with no support?
    The latter I suspect after all last night the Corbynistas on this site were baying for his blood, describing him as a "warmonger" and just an ordinary person" as such his views don't matter. Lovely Huh? Just "ordinary" so they don't care about you or what you think?

Always keep that in mind troops when poised for a moment with that stubby little pencil on string.
  • Options

My colleague this morning would have cheered you up.

We were discussing the massive economic growth that Manchester experienced after the IRA bombing, my colleague said 'The IRA are responsible for more economic growth in the UK than Osborne ever will'
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @AndreaMann: #Reshuffle Benn likely to switch jobs: https://t.co/Y8Yw14JcUr
  • Options

My colleague this morning would have cheered you up.

We were discussing the massive economic growth that Manchester experienced after the IRA bombing, my colleague said 'The IRA are responsible for more economic growth in the UK than Osborne ever will'
    LOL
  • Options
    ABrooke...no one has a clue as to numbers..but numbers there will be..sort of akin to an army going into battle ..expecting casualties but not knowing the exact number..geddit..
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,930
    edited January 2016
    http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=United+Kingdom&city1=London&country2=United+States&city2=New+York,+NY

Buy Apartment Price [ Edit ] [ Edit ]
    Price per Square Meter to Buy Apartment in City Centre 17,805.88 £
    (26,169.72 $) 12,922.44 £
    (18,992.41 $) -27.43 %

Rent Per Month [ Edit ] [ Edit ]
    Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre 1,667.79 £
    (2,451.19 $) 2,041.81 £
    (3,000.90 $) +22.43 %

NY vs London - cheaper to buy in NY, cheaper to rent in London.

• Options

ABrooke...no one has a clue as to numbers..but numbers there will be..sort of akin to an army going into battle ..expecting casualties but not knowing the exact number..geddit..

In your last post you've just agreed there will be fewer deaths.

make your mind up.
  • Options

New Thread New Thread

• Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,289
    chestnut said:

Cameron has a 51 point lead over Corbyn among the age demographic that is most likely to vote.

Labour vote retention is 65% of May 2015 vote. Three million voters on their toes.

Yep.

Isn't it also worth noting that on low turnout in Local elections, Lab supporters are less likely to turnout - so a 10% lead in a GE voting intention poll could convert to a higher lead on the day in the locals.

And that's assuming the GE poll is now being done properly with correct weighting of the age groups.

There must at least be a decent possibility of Lab performing absolutely catastrophically in May - eg something along the lines of Con 40, Lab 27.
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,013
    RobD said:

I thought they were striking to NOT work less hours, contrary to most other strikes?
    with a pay rise attached
  • Options
    ABrooke..read the post again.. I merely commented on another posters figures..It is a well known fact that if there are fewer operations then there will be fewer deaths in the operating theatre..bit tricky for you to understand I expect
  • Options
    volcanopetevolcanopete Posts: 2,078
    Don't rule out Gove in the race for the Tory leadership via the euroref campaign.Tories seem to think he did genius things in education,they like taking on him various blobs and he could big up his reputation in his current prisons role,especially if he starts to question drug policy.
    May and Johnson may bottle it and back Dave.This could be Gove's opportunity to throw his hat in the ring.28-1 with WH remains tempting.
    The Tory leadership bet remains a lay on Osborne who is now as low as 5-4 fav, a crazy price IMHO.
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

Don't rule out Gove in the race for the Tory leadership via the euroref campaign.Tories seem to think he did genius things in education,they like taking on him various blobs and he could big up his reputation in his current prisons role,especially if he starts to question drug policy.
    May and Johnson may bottle it and back Dave.This could be Gove's opportunity to throw his hat in the ring.28-1 with WH remains tempting.
    The Tory leadership bet remains a lay on Osborne who is now as low as 5-4 fav, a crazy price IMHO.

Isn't Gove the Dennis Bergkamp of the Cabinet, with an aversion to flying? That might be enough to stop him standing.
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,807

Moses_ said:

ITV news suggesting sources say Benn not willing to be moved from post.

When you serve at the pleasure of your party leader, it is not really a matter of whether or not you are willing to move. You either accept it or walk. That is how it works.

Even in Corbyn-land
    I presume 'not willing to be moved' means 'not willing to be moved without kicking up a fuss', which he is entitled to do, if he thinks Corbyn won't force the issue. Which he should.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=United+Kingdom&city1=London&country2=United+States&city2=New+York,+NY

Buy Apartment Price [ Edit ] [ Edit ]
    Price per Square Meter to Buy Apartment in City Centre 17,805.88 £
    (26,169.72 $) 12,922.44 £
    (18,992.41 $) -27.43 %

Rent Per Month [ Edit ] [ Edit ]
    Apartment (1 bedroom) in City Centre 1,667.79 £
    (2,451.19 $) 2,041.81 £
    (3,000.90 $) +22.43 %

NY vs London - cheaper to buy in NY, cheaper to rent in London.

Reflects London as the centre of the global property market but also signals how London rents are only likely to increase further
This discussion has been closed.