Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Keiran Pedley asks Is 2016 the year David Cameron loses the

Comments

• Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    TOPPING said:

@CJTerry: No party has ever won while behind on economy and leadership.

Labour 26 points behind on best PM and 21 pts behind on economy with @YouGov

Whoa steady tiger. Plenty of events to come before 2020.

Indeed. Plenty of time for things to get even worse for Labour.

• Options
    rcs1000 said:

A lot of people are making the mistake of thinking that Corbynistas give a flying f*** about how the great leaders' reshuffle will be perceived by the PLP, the media or the voting public. They have no interest in winning elections, they want to control the Labour party. If the reshuffle advances that, it will be deemed a success.

Have you seen the latest from Catalonia? The CUP is refusing to back Artur Mas for regional president. This makes new elections in the province look a near certainty.

Yep, that was always going to happen. The September election was a disappointment for Junts and a disaster for Mas - he must be closed to finished now. Given the variety of differences it's hard to see how Junts can stay together for another election. I would not be surprised to see ERC fight on its own, win most seats but be a long way off a majority. With this and the end of the PP's majority, we may have the Catalan separatist movement's high tide may well have passed.

• Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453

Quite possible he didn't know there was going to be a reshuffle until he got back off his xmas holiday and was told one was taking place by Milne.

He didn't seem sure this morning...
  • Options
    @TheStaggers: Our liveblogger reacts to the news that the reshuffle could last past 10pm: https://t.co/VJQsaIiRgy https://t.co/X905eIioMP
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,501
    edited January 2016
    When Jez first appointed his Shadow Cabinet in September I was editing PB.

It started at 7.30pm and I had planned to go bed around 10.30pm. I was still up at 2am covering it.
  • Options
    watford30watford30 Posts: 3,474
    JBriskin said:
    Labour figure adopting usual cowardly tactic of talking to the media, rather than actively opposing Corbyn.
  • Options
    Wanderer said:

Mortimer said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

malcolmg said:

Hard to believe it is only a tenner , but even so it is a lot of tenners every week.

The real problem isn't private v social, it's London v The Rest of the UK.

About £1 in every £4 in housing benefit is spent on London, I believe.
    And given most of the media is London based, that is what they see and report on i.e. these stories of just eye watering housing benefit payments made for renting a 3 bed house in parts of London.
    And Labour's leadership is from Hackney, Islington, Brent. Edmonton etc.

They will never tackle it because it's their vote.

Social housing HB subsidies are touching £200 a week for some properties in parts of London plus management and maintenance costs.
    For any Tory election strategists reading, some post-2016 election posters for the provincial towns and cities might want to feature the fact that Corbyn is a Londoner through and through, and his top team might very well be entirely London based. And that his concerns are generally London-centric, too.

Would work a treat in the Midlands and Welsh marginals.
    I think that could be effective for the Tories. Needs not to be overplayed though. Or, rather, make sure you don't end up suggesting people outside London are yokels.

The Tories will be able to save a lot of money during the 2020 election campaign. There will be no need for anything clever.

• Options
    flightpath01flightpath01 Posts: 4,903
    Scott_P said:

@SunPolitics: Carswell forced to deny he plotted to kill Nigel Farage https://t.co/2MXKbQNHpw https://t.co/6757QsOVaO

Hillarious.
    1 - The accident happened in France as far as I can see. The police in question were French.
    2 - Farage clearly ignored a Volvo recall notice (perhaps he is afraid of recalls)
    detailed that several models, including the V70, may have been constructed improperly, leading to the possibility of wheels becoming loose and detaching.
    "It has been identified that the standard wheel securing bolts may not have undergone the correct hardening process," the Driving and Vehicle Standards Agency wrote in their recall notice.
    "This will result in corrosion, a noise and/or vibration. If this condition is not rectified, there is a possibility that the wheel may become loose and detach."
    http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/searches/expand.asp?uniqueID=F0E0D8B14EAE38C0802577C000465F45&freeText=Blank&tx=0.1092494

Only Farage could turn this into an assassination attempt. What an arse.
  • Options
    Jeremy Corbyn is starting talks with shadow cabinet members as part of a reshuffle, a Labour source has said.

The intention is for the new line-up to be announced on Tuesday, although the process could take several days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35220413

No laughing at the back....
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,015
    DavidL said:

malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

malcolmg said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

DavidL said:

Wanderer said:

Biggest mistake ever was selling social housing , at worst they should at least have ploughed the proceeds into building new smaller social houses. They have to start building sensible social housing instead of just wasting ever growing amounts on private rental.
    The problem was that the original social housing was built on the never never sustained by debt and with rents low enough to barely cover the maintenance costs so using any capital paid to repay some of that debt was logical.

But yes, we clearly need a lot more better quality social housing. The government announcement about that today was a welcome, if somewhat belated start on that.

I may say that during the referendum campaign I saw a lot of public sector housing that I normally wouldn't. The state of repair, cleanliness and facilities was deeply depressing.
    Have to say they should be much tougher on inspections and tenants looking after the houses. It is typical of giving people something for nothing , many just abuse it rather than showing respect and appreciating their good fortune. I would be a lot tougher on the miscreants , even to putting them in tents if they cannot look after the properties properly and respectfully.

PS: A bit of horse whipping or public stocks would also help.
    Not sure that is quite Nicola's style!

But having neighbours who just leave junk everywhere, don't look after their garden and refuse to do their share of cleaning of the common parts must be deeply frustrating. There is a direct application of the broken window theory too. Once one starts standards can fall sharply.

The differences between the blocks in Menzieshill in Dundee which were outwardly identical had to be seen to be believed. Some had flowers, mats and were spotless. Some were getting close to dangerous, especially for younger children.
    It is a scandal David and their should be zero tolerance. That is teh problem with this country , too many people people think it is their god given right that they are entitled to a free life for zero return. I am all for helping people but if they don't respect it then it should be stopped immediately and let them fend for themselves.
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    Rearrange these words

to akin deckchairs on titanic the shuffling the
  • Options
    Moses_Moses_ Posts: 4,865
    Junior doctors strike back on apparently

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35225918
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,946
    Wanderer said:

Mortimer said:

chestnut said:

chestnut said:

malcolmg said:

Hard to believe it is only a tenner , but even so it is a lot of tenners every week.

And given most of the media is London based, that is what they see and report on i.e. these stories of just eye watering housing benefit payments made for renting a 3 bed house in parts of London.
    And Labour's leadership is from Hackney, Islington, Brent. Edmonton etc.

They will never tackle it because it's their vote.

Social housing HB subsidies are touching £200 a week for some properties in parts of London plus management and maintenance costs.
    For any Tory election strategists reading, some post-2016 election posters for the provincial towns and cities might want to feature the fact that Corbyn is a Londoner through and through, and his top team might very well be entirely London based. And that his concerns are generally London-centric, too.

Would work a treat in the Midlands and Welsh marginals.
    I think that could be effective for the Tories. Needs not to be overplayed though. Or, rather, make sure you don't end up suggesting people outside London are yokels.
    Just had an inspirational idea.

Corbyn next to a passport to Pimlico scene.

Paints him as old fashioned, wrong-headed and a figure of fun in one fell swoop
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,030
    Tory voters and probably Tory members too when polled say they would back Remain if recommended by Cameron
  • Options

the process could take several days.

Is there PMQs on Wednesday? Will he be done by then?
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

Pulpstar said:

This reshuffle seems to be taking forever. Corbyn can't make a decision for his life. I'm guessing Benn has said "No".

Did Corbyn have a plan for the reshuffle or is he just making it up as he goes along ?

Well if his first set of appointments is anything to go by the later.
    Quite possible he didn't know there was going to be a reshuffle until he got back off his xmas holiday and was told one was taking place by Milne.
    I think it was the Independent that broke the news of the 'revenge reshuffle' before Christmas and if Labour’s media performance so far is anything to go by, Seumas Milne is probably yet to hear about it.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,344

Missing the point:

@MrHarryCole · 7m7 minutes ago
    Simon Danczuk does not rule out running against the Labour Party in 2020 in Rochdale if they boot him out of the party.

Bring it on!
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,329

Jeremy Corbyn is starting talks with shadow cabinet members as part of a reshuffle, a Labour source has said.

The intention is for the new line-up to be announced on Tuesday, although the process could take several days.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-35220413

No laughing at the back....

Why can't the one's at the back join in exactly?
  • Options
    @PolhomeEditor: It's almost as if having a reshuffle before MPs return to Westminster isn't the best idea ... https://t.co/MOG1DPcQwL
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,820

It started at 7.30pm and I had planned to go bed around 10.30pm. I was still up at 2am covering it.

Maybe it's deliberate - have you done anything to annoy Mr Corbyn?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,930
    watford30 said:

JBriskin said:
    Labour figure adopting usual cowardly tactic of talking to the media, rather than actively opposing Corbyn.
    Which of the Eagles sisters is briefing the media ?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@NCPoliticsUK: YouGov:

CON 39 (-2)
    LAB 29 (-1)
    LIB 6 (=)
    UKIP 17 (+1)
    GRN 3 (=)

Fieldwork 17th-18th December

Good for the Tories as they slightly increase their election margin but very good for UKIP up 4% on May
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288
    edited January 2016
    Am bemused by stories in MSM which could have come from The Daily Mash, e.g; Danczuk's innocent teenager allegedly accepted offers for pre-owned thongs, condoms & toe nails. Now I read on BBC News that a Scotsman is deported for making comments about horse meat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-35220941
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,285
    edited January 2016
    Looking at the front page of BBC website for story of Labour's attack on train fare rises, nothing. Epic fail by Milne (again) or just biased BBC?
  • Options
    flightpath01flightpath01 Posts: 4,903

''17:26: Spare a thought for people's staff, who have spent the Christmas holidays worried for their jobs, and are still waiting to hear. And also for the livebloggers. The poor, bedraggled livebloggers.''
  • Options
    dr_spyndr_spyn Posts: 11,288

Looking at the front page of BBC website for story of Labour's attack on train fare rises, nothing. Epic fail by Milne (again) or just biased BBC?

Did Corbyn notice that there was a rail strike in Wales today?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Well I've annoyed the Corbynites.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:
    Takes a very long time to load...
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,015
    Pulpstar said:

watford30 said:

JBriskin said:
    They really are a spineless bunch, do any of them actually have a backbone.
  • Options
    chestnut said:

malcolmg said:

Not that surprising given just over 50% of Londoners now rent compared to only about 35% of Britons as a whole
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,013

rcs1000 said:

A lot of people are making the mistake of thinking that Corbynistas give a flying f*** about how the great leaders' reshuffle will be perceived by the PLP, the media or the voting public. They have no interest in winning elections, they want to control the Labour party. If the reshuffle advances that, it will be deemed a success.

Have you seen the latest from Catalonia? The CUP is refusing to back Artur Mas for regional president. This makes new elections in the province look a near certainty.

Yep, that was always going to happen. The September election was a disappointment for Junts and a disaster for Mas - he must be closed to finished now. Given the variety of differences it's hard to see how Junts can stay together for another election. I would not be surprised to see ERC fight on its own, win most seats but be a long way off a majority. With this and the end of the PP's majority, we may have the Catalan separatist movement's high tide may well have passed.

Mas is incredibly stubborn: he should have known that he was always unacceptable to the CUP. I'm surprised he hasn't been deposed.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

the process could take several days.

Is there PMQs on Wednesday? Will he be done by then?
    Hmm, I can see Cameron using a lengthy reshuffle as part of a avoiding answer gag.

"Why has the government consistently failed to meet target X? It takes forever"

"I'll tell you what takes forever - a Labour shadow cabinet reshuffle! I cede the remainder of my time"
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

kle4 said:

You have joined a very big club.
  • Options
    dr_spyn said:

Did Corbyn notice that there was a rail strike in Wales today?
    Everything worked fine in London.

Wow - this 'LABOUR ARE JUST LONDON' strategy would work EVEN BETTER if Khan wins the mayoralty.
  • Options

kle4 said:

Yes, but they're annoyed by everything, whereas he's so reasonable, I am sure, it takes more than that.
  • Options

Missing the point:

Simon Danczuk does not rule out running against the Labour Party in 2020 in Rochdale if they boot him out of the party.

Bring it on!

Why bother with the Tories when you can slug it out with Danczuk, eh Nick?
  • Options

Missing the point:

Bring it on!
    HMM.. I'll bet if this was one of your hard left mates being kicked out, you wouldn't be saying that.

Bring on the reshuffle.. Its gonna be fun.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    dr_spyn said:

Am bemused by stories in MSM which could have come from The Daily Mash, e.g; Danczuk's innocent teenager allegedly accepted offers for pre-owned thongs, condoms & toe nails. Now I read on BBC News that a Scotsman is deported for making comments about horse meat.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-35220941

The BBC's Central Asian service said he was being deported because of wrong documentation and not for his joke.

Sure he was, Kyrgyzstan, sure he was.
  • Options

Missing the point:

Bring it on!
    Be careful of what you wish for. Rochdale will not elect a Corbynista
  • Options

kle4 said:

They are worse than the Nats and the Kippers when you tweet polling that is bad for them.

My high point was being called a member of the Zionist, Muslim hating media when I posted some polling figures that were sub-optimal for Corbyn, just before Christmas.
  • Options
    Bring on the junior doctors strike.. It''l only need a few people to die as a result of their selfishness and they'll be as popular as journalists..
  • Options
    I see comedy eoin is having a bad reshuffle then...
  • Options

kle4 said:

They are worse than the Nats and the Kippers when you tweet polling that is bad for them.

My high point was being called a member of the Zionist, Muslim hating media when I posted some polling figures that were sub-optimal for Corbyn, just before Christmas.
    I do wonder what it is going to take for the golden boy to lose his shine with his rag-tag band of followers.

I wonder if losing an actual general election - almost certainly worse than Ed Miliband - might not even be enough.
  • Options

kle4 said:

You are still working on the basis that people need to know you not to like you aren't you? Get with the zeitgeist.
  • Options

Bring on the junior doctors strike.. It''l only need a few people to die as a result of their selfishness and they'll be as popular as journalists..

The Docs, for a bunch of smarties, have zero political awareness at all.

If you ask the average chapess on the Balham omnibus if Junior Docs should be paid more; they'd probably say yes.

But if you then told them how 'Junior' means all below consultant - And that they're tutition was heavily NHS subsidised. And that many of them are threatening to leave. And that they're planning to strike during winter - the sympathy wouldn't last long.
  • Options

Missing the point:

Bring it on!

But Danczuk will probably be defeated and that is what matters. A beaten Blairite is far better than a Labour government as far as the Corbynistas are concerned.

• Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125

kle4 said:

Did their heads explode when confronted with the reality?
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Pulpstar said:

watford30 said:

JBriskin said:
    They really are a spineless bunch, do any of them actually have a backbone.
    Of course they have. They share it : with all the other Labour moderates..
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    edited January 2016

Mortimer said:

dyingswan said:

How much longer do we have to wait before the news of the promotion of Richard Burgon? Does Jeremy Corbyn not recognise outstanding talent when he sees it?

PBTories4Burgon
    He is currently occupied meeting with representatives from the city....
    May I join this rapidly expanding group - he is perhaps the biggest tool in the labour box since that scottish mp incriminated himself on C4 news during the expenses crisis. A hugely impressive level of cretindom.
  • Options
    DavidL said:

kle4 said:

You are still working on the basis that people need to know you not to like you aren't you? Get with the zeitgeist.
    I think I need to do a thread on the fervour of Corbynites.
  • Options

Rearrange these words

Even the Titanic had survivors...
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

Mas is incredibly stubborn: he should have known that he was always unacceptable to the CUP. I'm surprised he hasn't been deposed.

He controls Convergencia absolutely. But ERC will surely walk away.

• Options

DavidL said:

kle4 said:

I think I need to do a thread on the fervour of Corbynites.
    Ask NPXMP2
  • Options

kle4 said:

No. They say the polls were wrong in May, so they must be wrong now.

I don't have the heart to point out in which direction they were wrong in May.
  • Options

Missing the point:

Bring it on!
    I think a Rochdale by-election of:

Lab vs Danczuk vs UKIP could be fascinating

I hope UKIP is not stupid enough to take Danczuk on
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

And no-one will blame the government on the one and only issue on which Labour still leads.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:
    Is 2016 the year Chilcott FINALLY runs out of excuses for not publishing?
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

He controls Convergencia absolutely. But ERC will surely walk away.

If they see Mas as a handicap (which he surely is now), then I think they must.
  • Options
    The Telegraph is giving up:

"17.50

Silence descends

All quiet on the reshuffle front. Presumption is Corbyn and his team are putting in calls to those affected – but all the indications are this could go late into the night.

And, possibly, with no announcements until tomorrow. Happy New Year."

I would call them wimps but I am away for my tea myself...

Laters.
  • Options

Rearrange these words

I think the iceberg had better prospects than Labour...
  • Options
    #reshuffle & Barry Gardiner trending in UK. Just in case anyone still thinks Twitter is a guide to what the actual world is interested in.
  • Options

kle4 said:

No. They say the polls were wrong in May, so they must be wrong now.

I don't have the heart to point out in which direction they were wrong in May.
    You've got it all wrong.

EdM lost because he was too much of a Tory.
    And the electorate doesn't like Tories.

Oh, wait...
  • Options

Missing the point:

Bring it on!
    Are you hoping for the Rochdale nomination Nick?
  • Options

Rearrange these words

I think the iceberg had better prospects than Labour...
    The Corbynites would say it was a terrible night for the iceberg. Smashed into million pieces.
  • Options

#reshuffle & Barry Gardiner trending in UK. Just in case anyone still thinks Twitter is a guide to what the actual world is interested in.

Socialist Media :lol:
  • Options

Missing the point:

Bring it on!

But Danczuk will probably be defeated and that is what matters. A beaten Blairite is far better than a Labour government as far as the Corbynistas are concerned.

The sad part is that you are right. Labour are lost not only because they will not recover in Scotland but the nature of the left wing London elite poised to run Labour will see the rest of the UK finish them off
  • Options
    Wheels fall off Farage 'assassination plot' story after recall revelation
    Volvo V70 model owned by Ukip leader, who suggested his car had been tampered with, was recalled in 2010 over wheel problems

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jan/04/wheels-fall-off-farage-assassination-plot-story-recall-revelation?CMP=twt_a-politics_b-gdnukpolitics
  • Options

Pulpstar said:
    Is 2016 the year Chilcott FINALLY runs out of excuses for not publishing?
    Who will publish first Chilcott or the author of Game of Thrones?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

And no-one will blame the government on the one and only issue on which Labour still leads.
    If it is anything like today there will be a pointless exercise planned by Labour HQ to coincide with it. Unveiling of a new clause 4, or some such nonsense.

If I were head of the Union through which Welsh train staff were striking today, I would be in the phone to GO to see if he fancied the funding from them. Corbo obviously has no need for it.
  • Options

if someone dies because the Doctors striking , I know who i'll blame .and it won't be the Govt.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Missing the point:

Bring it on!

Labour third !!!
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    On topic, Janan Ganesh takes an optimistic line for the Conservatives:

https://t.co/fhTEE2ROVa

I fall somewhere between Keiran Pedley and Janan Ganesh. I expect we'll have a lot of surly, mutinous Leavers but they won't want to flounce to UKIP. Party discipline could be very flaky for a while at least.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,907
    Mortimer said:

The Docs, for a bunch of smarties, have zero political awareness at all.

If you ask the average chapess on the Balham omnibus if Junior Docs should be paid more; they'd probably say yes.

But if you then told them how 'Junior' means all below consultant - And that they're tutition was heavily NHS subsidised. And that many of them are threatening to leave. And that they're planning to strike during winter - the sympathy wouldn't last long.
    And that most of them are in their late twenties and earning north of £40k at the moment. And they're striking because they've got better things to do on Saturdays, like second jobs in the private sector or as wedding photographers. And that most of them will end up being senior doctors with six figure salaries, well in the top 1%.
  • Options
    watford30watford30 Posts: 3,474

Volvo V70 model owned by Ukip leader, who suggested his car had been tampered with, was recalled in 2010 over wheel problems

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jan/04/wheels-fall-off-farage-assassination-plot-story-recall-revelation?CMP=twt_a-politics_b-gdnukpolitics

I'm surprised Farage hasn't blamed foreigners on the motorway loosening the wheel bolts as he got caught in a traffic jam caused by a growing population.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,266

rcs1000 said:

Missing the point:

Bring it on!

Labour third !!!
    Is he a popular local MP though? I have no idea. He certainly seems to attract trouble.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    HYUFD said:

chestnut said:

malcolmg said:

Not that surprising given just over 50% of Londoners now rent compared to only about 35% of Britons as a whole
    So, London is the problem.

The London housing market needs to become more like the rest of Britain.

That means fewer tenants, more owners - and changes that drive subsidy levels down to those comparable with the remainder of the UK. The London Benefit Premium needs to be curbed.

Some London housing association properties are being let for double the price of comparable private rentals in the North, for example.

A one bed council flat costs the same in London as a three bed private rental house in bits of Lancashire.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    As an aside I see that great British darts player Gary Anderson has won the world title. :lol:
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    Someone will die because of the Doctors strike..it is inevitable...yet they voted for it...for more money
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Missing the point:

Bring it on!

Labour third !!!
    Is he a popular local MP though? I have no idea. He certainly seems to attract trouble.
    That well known Rochdale resident, Gillian Duffy of Bigotgate fame on hearing Corbyn was elected said that she would not vote labour with him in charge
  • Options

That will not stop the conspiracy nuts. Everyone knows Volvo dealerships are run by CCHQ.
  • Options

I fall somewhere between Keiran Pedley and Janan Ganesh. I expect we'll have a lot of surly, mutinous Leavers but they won't want to flounce to UKIP. Party discipline could be very flaky for a while at least.

I usually agree with Janan Ganesh, but that does seem to expect a lot of the Tories.
  • Options
    @DavidL

Just regarding Italy, Markit published its manufacturing PMIs today, and Italy is "leading the pack", see https://www.markiteconomics.com/Survey/PressRelease.mvc/4fa6a086cb8e4710ba65529c2126f148
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,758

Someone will die because of the Doctors strike..it is inevitable...yet they voted for it...for more money

we will all die whether the doctors strike or not.

death is a certainty.
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

Missing the point:

Bring it on!

Labour third !!!
    The best thing Danczuk can do is disappear for a few weeks. Check himself into the Priory or somewhere he can switch his phone off and deal with his demons out of the glare of the newspapers.
  • Options

if someone dies because the Doctors striking , I know who i'll blame .and it won't be the Govt.
    Tom Watson?
  • Options
    Scrapheap_as_wasScrapheap_as_was Posts: 10,059
    edited January 2016
    Deleted tweet by Dr Eoin re no Labour reshuffle and which I can't figure out how to paste here!
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Tom Watson?
    why ? has he been making further allegations
  • Options

That can't be correct. We were assured this dispute was purely about patient safety, not filthy lucre.
  • Options

Deleted tweet by Dr Eoin re no Labour reshuffle and which I can't figure out how to paste here!

Here's the next best thing...!

http://order-order.com/2016/01/04/dr-eoins-sources-let-him-down/
  • Options
    eekeek Posts: 24,992
    rcs1000 said:

Tom Watson?
    Predicting that Tom Watson will die because the Doctor's strike seems a bit specific. Do you know something Tom doesn't?
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    eek said:

rcs1000 said:

Tom Watson?
    Predicting that Tom Watson will die because the Doctor's strike seems a bit specific. Do you know something Tom doesn't?
    All depends on how much he has upset Momentum...
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,289
    Is Osborne position improving a bit? YouGov Best PM match-ups:

Cameron 49
    Corbyn 23

Osborne 39
    Corbyn 27

Not great for Osborne but not terrible either.

Also may need to factor in that he could get a small new leader / new PM bounce - if he added 2 or 3 more points then lead becomes very substantial.
  • Options
    WandererWanderer Posts: 3,838

Very helpful for the Conservatives that Carswell and Reckless met such an unpleasant fate (as well as, in the latter case, bringing cheer to our deputy host). If there were a flourishing little colony of half a dozen ex-Tory kipper MPs things would look very different.
  • Options
    ITV news suggesting sources say Benn not willing to be moved from post.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    What the...
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-35221173
    "Four years ago, I asked what I thought was an entirely innocent question using Freedom of Information laws...."

What a waste of evryones time. Except the lawyers of course, their time is very valuable.
  • Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    ABrooke do try not to be a pillock..I realise it might be a tad difficult for you..but hey..Someone who need not die, will die because of this strike..and the strike is for more money.I wonder what these Doctors think that being a Doctor actually means...Train drivers strike..Miners strike..some aggrieved factory workers strike..Teachers strike..Doctors do not strike.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Moses_ said:

Start of the fightback against the leadership, or doing a "Purnell" and making a prat of himself with no support?
  • Options
    oxfordsimonoxfordsimon Posts: 5,831
    Moses_ said:

When you serve at the pleasure of your party leader, it is not really a matter of whether or not you are willing to move. You either accept it or walk. That is how it works.

Even in Corbyn-land
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,758

ABrooke do try not to be a pillock..I realise it might be a tad difficult for you..but hey..Someone who need not die, will die because of this strike..and the strike is for more money.I wonder what these Doctors think that being a Doctor actually means...Train drivers strike..Miners strike..some aggrieved factory workers strike..Teachers strike..Doctors do not strike.

Hey if you post troll bait expect trolls.

This discussion has been closed.