Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Before tonight’s big GOP debate some new Iowa polling and L

SystemSystem Posts: 11,705
edited December 2015 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Before tonight’s big GOP debate some new Iowa polling and Local By-Election Preview

Loras College poll has Cruz 7% ahead in Iowa
Cruz 30
Trump 23
Rubio 11
Carson 11
Bush 6
Fiorina 3,
Paul 2
Huckabee 2
Christie 0

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,205
    edited December 2015
    First, like Trump.
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    Paul 2%. I get that this is Iowa but whatever happened to the libertarian wing of the Republican Party that looked to be a significant force last time?
  • Options
    Third.
  • Options
    The Fourth Awakens.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,715
    Cruz needs some LibDem-style bar charts - 'only Cruz can beat Trump here'.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    Trump is not doing a walkthrough prior to tonight's debate. All other candidates are doing so.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,002
    Taking a look back at republican primary results, if you take neither Iowa nor New Hampshire, you're basically toast.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144
    Just watched The Big Short. Superb. Like Margin Call, but bigger, smarter, wilder....
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Taking a look back at republican primary results, if you take neither Iowa nor New Hampshire, you're basically toast.

Given the huge size of the GOP field, you might want to include the second primary (SC) as well. By the time they get through Iowa caucuses, NH and SC primaries, we should have a pretty good idea who has momentum.

Caucuses are odd things - trudging through the February snow to sit in someone's living room and talk about who should be POTUS. They turn up some odd results.
  • Options
    I'm laying out Jeb Bush some more tbh.

You can kind of, maybe see a way for Rubio from here. But not Jeb.
  • Options
    It's the Donald Trump Show.
    Joe Louis used to host The Bum a Month Club.
    Last month's bum was Carson and now we've got Cruz.
  • Options

Just watched The Big Short. Superb. Like Margin Call, but bigger, smarter, wilder....

Star Wars... must... have... Star Wars...

• Options
    Pulpstar said:

It looks tough for Jeb and Carson. I'm seeing lots of Rubio ads here.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,316
    Government pulled off another win in the Lords today - on the Financial Services Bill - this time by just 2 votes.

Fewer present than yesterday on all sides but same story as yesterday in that there was far higher turnout by Con (and LD) than Lab - and just enough for Con to win again.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/business-papers/lords/lords-divisions/
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Pulpstar said:

Do you think if Bush does really poorly in Iowa, he drops out and endorses Rubio ?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,048
    edited December 2015

Star Wars... must... have... Star Wars...

Patience, young-ish padawan.

On topic - honestly, as bland and ineffective as he's apparently been, I'm surprised Bush receives a 6,7 or 5 in those polls. Still spending big?

Am I correct in recalling that last time around pretty much all the contenders had their polling moment in the sun ahead of Iowa, and Santorum's just seemed timed right for the poll itself?
  • Options
    Also, this was something that required an FOI to be confirmed? I'd have been shocked if he didn't

Prince Charles receives copies of confidential cabinet documents, according to government papers released after a freedom of information battle.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35108362
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

Tim_B said:

Pulpstar said:

Do you think if Bush does really poorly in Iowa, he drops out and endorses Rubio ?
    Firstly there's tonight, and how he does. That will freeze the race over Xmas and New Years, because after tonight nobody wants to look at the race until the new year. If he does badly this evening he's stuck with that perception until the next debate in mid-January. If he doesn't do well in either debate and loses badly in the Iowa caucuses then I think he's done. Whether he endorses Rubio depends on political calculation but it seems likely.
  • Options
    Harry taking a big gamble being so bold in predicting a Con win in the local by-election. The universe deplores such certain predictions.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Also, this was something that required an FOI to be confirmed? I'd have been shocked if he didn't

Prince Charles receives copies of confidential cabinet documents, according to government papers released after a freedom of information battle.

I'd expect him to get pretty much everything his mother does, and William to get detailed summaries too.
  • Options
    PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited December 2015
    kle4 said:

FFS, Charles.

GET A HOBBY
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Pong said:

kle4 said:

FFS, Charles.

GET A HOBBY
    He has - he recycles confidential cabinet documents to feed his animals to get more orgasmic Duchy Original dairy products.

Given that they are farm animals, there are probably some unauthorized leaks.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Pong said:

kle4 said:

FFS, Charles.

GET A HOBBY
    He has - he recycles confidential cabinet documents to feed his animals to get more orgasmic Duchy Original dairy products.

Given that he's Prince of Wales, there are probably unauthorised leeks.
  • Options

Tim_B said:

Pong said:

kle4 said:

FFS, Charles.

GET A HOBBY

Given that he's Prince of Wales, there are probably unauthorised leeks.
    So he welches on bets?
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,991
    edited December 2015
    Tim_B said:

...to get more orgasmic Duchy Original dairy products...

Orgasmic?
    Well, they are nice.
    But not that nice....

• Options
    viewcode said:

Tim_B said:

Orgasmic?
    Well, they are nice.
    But not that nice....

they are a coming attraction
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Harry taking a big gamble being so bold in predicting a Con win in the local by-election. The universe deplores such certain predictions.

The ability to predict an election is insignificant next to the power of The Force!
  • Options
    Pong said:

kle4 said:

FFS, Charles.

GET A HOBBY
    He's the future king. In that capacity he will be signing every piece of legislation. He's entitled to do this.
  • Options

kle4 said:

The ability to predict an election is insignificant next to the power of The Force!
    What force? North Yorkshire Police? The Met?
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

viewcode said:

Tim_B said:

Orgasmic?
    Well, they are nice.
    But not that nice....

Yes. But should one swallow or wipe the excess off one's chin?
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

kle4 said:

I find your lack of faith disturbing!
  • Options

kle4 said:

Considering the collective wisdom of PB.com in this field, our ability to predict an election is insignificant next to the power of an asthmatic ant with a note from his mum excusing him from gym.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Tim_B said:

viewcode said:

Tim_B said:

Orgasmic?
    Well, they are nice.
    But not that nice....

Yes. But should one swallow or wipe the excess off one's chin?
    swallow and ask your partner to bring mouthwash.
  • Options

Tim_B said:

kle4 said:

we need a faith to faith meeting.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

kle4 said:

Yeth.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

kle4 said:

Considering the collective wisdom of PB.com in this field, our ability to predict an election is insignificant next to the power of an asthmatic ant with a note from his mum excusing him from gym.
    You will make an excellent drone! :lol:
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    viewcode said:

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

kle4 said:

Yeth.
    :)
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    @CapX: How JJ Abrams ruined Star Trek and what that means for Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    - https://t.co/cwHJnHPCQR https://t.co/N7Kib3KmIW
  • Options

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

Wrong. Franchise.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

@CapX: How JJ Abrams ruined Star Trek and what that means for Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Has the Sith hit the fan?
  • Options
    WandererWanderer Posts: 3,838
    Tim_B said:

Caucuses are odd things - trudging through the February snow to sit in someone's living room and talk about who should be POTUS. They turn up some odd results.

Let's be honest. That sounds like fun.
  • Options

Laddies have it at 20/1 to win Best Picture.

Does it have any realistic chance?
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    edited December 2015
    In a preview of tonight's debate:

You remember when Fiorina was the media's favourite (and I said stay away from her, she is a disaster) ?

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/676779015223537664

"Obama ate one of your cousins, vote Republican"
    "Some people on twitter say that I remind them of Cruella De Ville"
  • Options
    Wanderer said:

Tim_B said:

Let's be honest. That sounds like fun.
    There's nothing fun about cold and snow and hot crowded rooms with a blazing fire. That's the reason I live here. Been there done that.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,167
    Some new US presidential blind items to get in the mood pre-debate

'Apparently if you bring this presidential candidate, who used to be doing well, and now is a mess, a whole bunch of money he will do a complete 180 on many of his positions. He doesn’t want you to know that though. Unless you have money and need a favor'
    http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2015/12/blind-item-10-484.html

'You have to love a presidential candidate, who is not doing that badly, be able to hashtag family photos with #Narcos #NarcosLife. Should make for an interesting war on drugs if he gets elected.'
    http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2015/12/blind-item-9-563.html

'We have the scoop about a dramatic revelation that is expected to shake up the U.S. Presidential race within the next few weeks! One of the candidates who is expected to make it through to the primary election is going to have to face accusations about a very recent affair. The person with whom they were having the affair: A lobbyist! Needless to say, this accusation will raise all kinds of questions about impulse control, judgment, honesty, integrity, and vulnerability to influence from special interest groups… as well as their portrayal of themselves as "happily married" and committed to family values. This could be a game-changer, folks!'
    http://blindgossip.com/?p=75482
  • Options
    Speedy said:

You remember when Fiorina was the media's favourite (and I said stay away from her, she is a disaster) ?

Be fair - he grilled it over mesquite so it tasted great.
  • Options

Jargon-rich talk-heavy dramas about financial conspiracies usually do not do well (again, see Margin Call). Even the best examples (Wall Street, Wolf of Wall Street) do not Best Picture. But regardless of merit, pics also have to be financial successes to win awards. So how well is TBS doing? Initial signs are strong with $90,000 per theater average in a limited release of 8 theatres. But limited releases are *not* a good predictor: "Steve Jobs" (the fillum, not the person) did brilliantly in limited, but died when it went wide. Keep a look at Rotten Tomatoes for he critical reception, Box Office Mojo for the take, Variety and Hollywood Reporter for the goss.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    HYUFD said:

'Apparently if you bring this presidential candidate, who used to be doing well, and now is a mess, a whole bunch of money he will do a complete 180 on many of his positions. He doesn’t want you to know that though. Unless you have money and need a favor'

'You have to love a presidential candidate, who is not doing that badly, be able to hashtag family photos with #Narcos #NarcosLife. Should make for an interesting war on drugs if he gets elected.'

'We have the scoop about a dramatic revelation that is expected to shake up the U.S. Presidential race within the next few weeks! One of the candidates who is expected to make it through to the primary election is going to have to face accusations about a very recent affair. The person with whom they were having the affair: A lobbyist! Needless to say, this accusation will raise all kinds of questions about impulse control, judgment, honesty, integrity, and vulnerability to influence from special interest groups… as well as their portrayal of themselves as "happily married" and committed to family values. This could be a game-changer, folks!'

I thought the dramatic revelation was already common knowledge.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    HYUFD said:

The last one is Marco Rubio, I posted the rumour coming from another more credible website, that a major sex scandal might be on the way I think 2 weeks ago, the name of the lobbyist is all over the internet since 2010, but so far nothing has been reported in the news.

Rubio has a real problem though with a corruption scandal that came out today, in that he may have violated the Congressional Ethics Rules about the finances of one of his books in relation to a donor, there will probably be an investigation by a congressional committee, but the corruption allegations will bug him until the committee ruling about it.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,002
    Real or far right propaganda? Either way bad news

https://twitter.com/mailonline/status/676898727915888640
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

The site http://www.agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/MAINPAGE.html summarises blind items cumulatively and offers guesses/predictions about whom the blinds refer. The three blinds you refer to can be found in http://www.agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/2015/DEC.html . One of them has already been guessed.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Tim_B said:

Speedy said:

To be fair, that ad was bizarre and entirely self-defeating from Fiorina.
    I know she might be desperate but "Obama eats Dogs, vote Fiorina who loves dogs" is worthy of ridicule.
    But I did warn everyone on PB not to back her at the time when the media was pimping for her, so I'm covered.
    She deserves to be polling 1%.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

By coincidence, the trailer for the third Star Trek film in the reboot series (Star Trek Beyond) is out. You can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRVD32rnzOw .

They seem to be tracking the trajectories of the classic films, thus:

Star Trek: The Motion Picture, A giant ship threatens Earth.
    Star Trek (2009), A giant ships threatens Earth.

Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan, Khan shows up and tries to kill Kirk.
    Star Trek: Into Darkness, Khan shows up and tries to kill Kirk.

Star Trek 3: The Search for Spock, The Enterprise is destroyed.
    Star Trek: Beyond, The Enterprise is destroyed

Mixing my franchise metaphors Sunil-style, I have to say I have a bad feeling about this...
  • Options
    viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

The site http://www.agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/MAINPAGE.html summarises blind items cumulatively and offers guesses/predictions about whom the blinds refer. The three blinds you refer to can be found in http://www.agcwebpages.com/BLINDITEMS/2015/DEC.html . One of them has already been guessed.
    The second one is kind of a mystery, since the first one is probably Carson and the third one is definitely Rubio, then who is the second one who is not doing that badly?
    Carson and Rubio are the only ones not doing that badly, unless they still think that Bush is still in that category.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Jargon-rich talk-heavy dramas about financial conspiracies usually do not do well (again, see Margin Call). Even the best examples (Wall Street, Wolf of Wall Street) do not Best Picture. But regardless of merit, pics also have to be financial successes to win awards. So how well is TBS doing? Initial signs are strong with $90,000 per theater average in a limited release of 8 theatres. But limited releases are *not* a good predictor: "Steve Jobs" (the fillum, not the person) did brilliantly in limited, but died when it went wide. Keep a look at Rotten Tomatoes for he critical reception, Box Office Mojo for the take, Variety and Hollywood Reporter for the goss.
    Thanks for that.

I've just watched a two minute trailer. it was 100% male dominated and you really had to concentrate to understand even half of what they were talking about, so I very much doubt it will have the popular appeal to get close to winning best Picture.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

Tim_B said:

Speedy said:

To be fair, that ad was bizarre and entirely self-defeating from Fiorina.
    I know she might be desperate but "Obama eats Dogs, vote Fiorina who loves dogs" is worthy of ridicule.
    But I did warn everyone on PB not to back her at the time when the media was pimping for her, so I'm covered.
    She deserves to be polling 1%.
    I didn't watch the ad - I see more than enough political ads.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

HYUFD said:

The last one is Marco Rubio, I posted the rumour coming from another more credible website, that a major sex scandal might be on the way I think 2 weeks ago, the name of the lobbyist is all over the internet since 2010, but so far nothing has been reported in the news.

Rubio has a real problem though with a corruption scandal that came out today, in that he may have violated the Congressional Ethics Rules about the finances of one of his books in relation to a donor, there will probably be an investigation by a congressional committee, but the corruption allegations will bug him until the committee ruling about it.
    Could be a sexual and financial double whammy but I will leave you to draw your own conclusion on who it is
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    Car-crash interview with Ann Coulter on Newsnight.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

Yes that is where I got them from originally, plenty of gossip on that site too on actors and sportstars if you are interested as well as politicians
  • Options
    MPs live 4 more years than most of us, peers 5 more years. Tory MPs live longer than Labour MPs http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3360203/Typical-Politicians-live-longer-rest-MPs-life-expectancy-four-years-longer-rest-population.html

The Times this morning also mentioned that, perhaps surprisingly, opposition leaders live longer than victorious PMs
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Scott_P said:

By coincidence, the trailer for the third Star Trek film in the reboot series (Star Trek Beyond) is out. You can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRVD32rnzOw .

Mixing my franchise metaphors Sunil-style, I have to say I have a bad feeling about this...
    I warned about that too, Holywood is out of ideas so they are running any superhero or remake or remake of the remake, and relying more and more on chroma key and computer graphics that look terrible.

Not to mention the actors who look like they've been to a Clearasil factory and look nothing like ordinary people, especially with their permanent glued smiles even if the world crashes around them.

George Lucas already did his best to milk Star Wars to death with his silly prequels, and Disney has finally killed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsK537mAqc

And that concludes my rant.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

Yes that is where I got them from originally, plenty of gossip on that site too on actors and sportstars if you are interested as well as politicians
    Oh, god, yeah, addicted since the mid-90's. Problem is, these days its all reality shows, constructed reality, rappers, and Justin Bieber. I can keep up with some of them but others it's more difficult ("Real Housewives of Atlanta"? Really?)
  • Options
    It'll be interesting to see how Trump does this evening. He's not good at extended substantial debates on issues. He tends not to shine in the debate format, but is great on the hustings.

They need to check Jeb for a pulse. He's in trouble. He needs to shine.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

Oh, god, yeah, addicted since the mid-90's. Problem is, these days its all reality shows, constructed reality, rappers, and Justin Bieber. I can keep up with some of them but others it's more difficult ("Real Housewives of Atlanta"? Really?)
    They have real housewives here - I've just never met any ;)
  • Options
    Speedy said:

I warned about that too, Holywood is out of ideas so they are running any superhero or remake or remake of the remake, and relying more and more on chroma key and computer graphics that look terrible.

I have no problem whatsoever with Superhero remakes. That is the whole idea of comic books themselves, constantly retelling stories to a new generation with largely the same (but maybe updated) characters.

I'm a big fan of Batman. Despite being made before I was born I like the incredibly camp Adam West 60s series (watched that as TV reruns as a boy), the 80s films (first two at least of that series) and the Dark Knight trilogy. Same character done differently each time and entertaining each time.

The problem is when they feel the need to tell the same story each time. We don't need the first half of every Spiderman film to be showing how he gets bitten by a spider and Uncle Ben dies etc
  • Options
    viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

viewcode said:

HYUFD said:

Yes, inevitably there are a lot of reality stars but still some good gossip on most of the Hollywood A and B list, pop stars etc if you are that way inclined
  • Options

Speedy said:

I have no problem whatsoever with Superhero remakes. That is the whole idea of comic books themselves, constantly retelling stories to a new generation with largely the same (but maybe updated) characters.

I'm a big fan of Batman. Despite being made before I was born I like the incredibly camp Adam West 60s series (watched that as TV reruns as a boy), the 80s films (first two at least of that series) and the Dark Knight trilogy. Same character done differently each time and entertaining each time.

The problem is when they feel the need to tell the same story each time. We don't need the first half of every Spiderman film to be showing how he gets bitten by a spider and Uncle Ben dies etc
    I was at boarding school in Yorkshire in the 60s when the Adam West / Burt Ward Batman show was on. Each episode was a two parter - 1 on Saturday, 1 on Sunday. My house mates and I used to crowd into the school chaplain's sitting room to watch. On sunday we could only watch the first 10 minutes before we had to go to evening chapel service, so I never got to see the end.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Tim_B said:

...On sunday we could only watch the first 10 minutes before we had to go to evening chapel service, so I never got to see the end...

When they called you in to eat, did they say "dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, BATMAN!"?
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Scott_P said:

I didn't like the 2009 film and haven't even watched Into Darkness - Ricardo Montalban will always be Khan!
  • Options
    Speedy said:

viewcode said:

Scott_P said:

Not to mention the actors who look like they've been to a Clearasil factory and look nothing like ordinary people, especially with their permanent glued smiles even if the world crashes around them.

George Lucas already did his best to milk Star Wars to death with his silly prequels, and Disney has finally killed it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOsK537mAqc

And that concludes my rant.
    I think Star Wars VII will be good, on the contrary. The presence of Han, Leia, Luke and Chewy gives us some kind of continuity from the Original Trilogy (1977-1983).
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,594
    edited December 2015
    Sleazy broken UKIP, Lab, and Lib Dems on the slide. Brilliant virtuous Tories on the rise.

@BritainElects: Shepperton Town (Spelthorne) result:
    CON: 62.0% (+6.1)
    UKIP: 13.0% (-5.4)
    LDEM: 11.1% (-0.8)
    LAB: 8.9% (-4.8)
    GRN: 4.9% (+4.9)
  • Options

viewcode said:

Scott_P said:

I didn't like the 2009 film and haven't even watched Into Darkness - Ricardo Montalban will always be Khan!
    The 2009 film wasn't bad. Into Darkness was pretty meh.
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    viewcode said:

Tim_B said:

...On sunday we could only watch the first 10 minutes before we had to go to evening chapel service, so I never got to see the end...

When they called you in to eat, did they say "dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, dinner, BATMAN!"?
    It was chapel not dinner Dufus! I think you might have the wrong number of "dinner" too :lol:
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,450
    edited December 2015
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

Wrong. Franchise.
    Game over, man! Game over!
  • Options
    I have to say that having recently re-watched the original Star Trek movies from the 70s and 80s they are not very good.
  • Options
  • Options
    That looks like a fake UFO picture.
    Pulpstar said:
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

viewcode said:

Tim_B said:

It was chapel not dinner Dufus! I think you might have the wrong number of "dinner" too :lol:
    I just counted the dinners. I think they were right.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Tim_B said:

viewcode said:

Tim_B said:

I just counted the dinners. I think they were right.
    That's food for thought ;)
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

I have to say that having recently re-watched the original Star Trek movies from the 70s and 80s they are not very good.

1 bad, 2 brilliant, 3 meh, 4 funny, 5 rubbish, 6 good, 7 strained, 8 Borg! 9 dull, 10 just die already
  • Options

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

Wrong. Franchise.
    MAKING IT WORSE NOW!
  • Options
    I'm losing the will to live watching the happy hour debate.
  • Options
    viewcode said:

Tim_B said:

1 bad, 2 brilliant, 3 meh, 4 funny, 5 rubbish, 6 good, 7 strained, 8 Borg! 9 dull, 10 just die already
    Which is the one with the 'corinthian leather' guy and some other guy gets some creature put in his ear?
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Are you kidding? Star Trek II (1982) is among the best sci-fi films ever made!
  • Options
    viewcode said:

viewcode said:

viewcode said:

kle4 said:

Wrong. Franchise.
    MAKING IT WORSE NOW!
    Not afraid of the dark are you? :)
  • Options
    [Princess Liz Kendall is escorted by Lord Ken Livingstone into an audience with Grand Moff Corbyn]

Princess Liz: Governor Corbyn, I should have expected to find you holding Livingstone's leash. I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard.

Grand Moff Corbyn: Charming to the last. You don't know how hard I found it, signing the order to terminate your political career.

Princess Liz: [sarcastically] I'm surprised you had the courage to take the responsibility yourself.

Grand Moff Corbyn: Princess Liz, before your deselection, I would like to invite you to a ceremony that will make this progressive party operational. No Labour Stronghold will dare oppose the Corbynistas now.

Princess Liz: The more you tighten your grip, Corbyn, the more safe seats will slip through your fingers.

Grand Moff Corbyn: Not after we demonstrate the power of this policy. In a way, you have determined the choice of the constituency that is to be targeted first. Since you are reluctant to provide us with the location of the Rebel base, I have chosen to test our activists' destructive power on your home planet of Leicester.

Princess Liz: [shocked] No! Leicester is peaceful, we have no weapons. You can't possibly—

Grand Moff Corbyn: You would prefer another target, a military target? Then name the system! [stepping closer to Liz and pinning her against Darth Livingstone] I grow tired of asking this, so it will be the last time. Where is the Rebel base?

Princess Liz: [looks at view-screen showing Leicester for a moment, then, resigned] Derby. They're all on Derby.

Grand Moff Corbyn: There you see, Lord Livingstone? She can be reasonable. Proceed with the operation. You may fire when ready.

Princess Liz: [indignant] What?!

Grand Moff Corbyn: You're far too trusting. Derby is too remote to make an effective demonstration, but don't worry. We will deal with your rebel friends soon enough!

[Liz watches helplessly as Leftist activists descend on Leicester]
  • Options

Tim_B said:

Is that the one where the creature enters the guy's ear? They all run together in my memory, like Roger Moore Bond films.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

Is that the one where the creature enters the guy's ear? They all run together in my memory, like Roger Moore Bond films.
    Yes, a Ceti Eel, implanted by the villain, Khan.

Star Trek II, III and IV form a story arc.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,990

[Princess Liz Kendall is escorted by Lord Ken Livingstone into an audience with Grand Moff Corbyn]

Princess Liz: Governor Corbyn, I should have expected to find you holding Livingstone's leash. I recognized your foul stench when I was brought onboard.

Grand Moff Corbyn: Charming to the last. You don't know how hard I found it, signing the order to terminate your political career.

Princess Liz: [sarcastically] I'm surprised you had the courage to take the responsibility yourself.

Grand Moff Corbyn: Princess Liz, before your deselection, I would like to invite you to a ceremony that will make this progressive party operational. No Labour Stronghold will dare oppose the Corbynistas now.

Princess Liz: The more you tighten your grip, Corbyn, the more safe seats will slip through your fingers.

Grand Moff Corbyn: Not after we demonstrate the power of this policy. In a way, you have determined the choice of the constituency that is to be targeted first. Since you are reluctant to provide us with the location of the Rebel base, I have chosen to test our activists' destructive power on your home planet of Leicester.

Princess Liz: [shocked] No! Leicester is peaceful, we have no weapons. You can't possibly—

Grand Moff Corbyn: You would prefer another target, a military target? Then name the system! [stepping closer to Liz and pinning her against Darth Livingstone] I grow tired of asking this, so it will be the last time. Where is the Rebel base?

Princess Liz: [looks at view-screen showing Leicester for a moment, then, resigned] Derby. They're all on Derby.

Grand Moff Corbyn: There you see, Lord Livingstone? She can be reasonable. Proceed with the operation. You may fire when ready.

Grand Moff Corbyn: You're far too trusting. Derby is too remote to make an effective demonstration, but don't worry. We will deal with your rebel friends soon enough!

Wonderful :D
  • Options

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

The guy that played Khan appeared in Chrysler commercials in the late 70s - early 80s selling Chrysler Cordobas with 'Corinthian leather' upholstery.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

Quite. What a waste of public money to find out.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

Government pulled off another win in the Lords today - on the Financial Services Bill - this time by just 2 votes.

Fewer present than yesterday on all sides but same story as yesterday in that there was far higher turnout by Con (and LD) than Lab - and just enough for Con to win again.

http://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/business-papers/lords/lords-divisions/

Those Tory peers must have some pretty sore bottoms from all that whipping.
  • Options
    RobD said:

MikeL said:

Those Tory peers must have some pretty sore bottoms from all that whipping.
    sounds like being back at boarding school :)
  • Options
    RobD said:

Wonderful :D
    Thank you :) (even though I messed up the Italics!)
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

The guy that played Khan appeared in Chrysler commercials in the late 70s - early 80s selling Chrysler Cordobas with 'Corinthian leather' upholstery.
    Ricardo Montalban - was also in a Naked Gun movie and two of the original Planet of the Apes sequels.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

None of the early stuff was, as far as I can tell, but best not upset the devoted!

On another note, I've just spent 7 hours journeying by train and bus, and must get back on the rails in about 6 hours. I really hate travelling.

Sleazy broken UKIP, Lab, and Lib Dems on the slide. Brilliant virtuous Tories on the rise.

@BritainElects: Shepperton Town (Spelthorne) result:
    CON: 62.0% (+6.1)
    UKIP: 13.0% (-5.4)
    LDEM: 11.1% (-0.8)
    LAB: 8.9% (-4.8)
    GRN: 4.9% (+4.9)

And Corbyn is not eating into Green support either! This is definitive proof.

Good night all.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

He made Trek awesome again, and always preferred Wars, which bodes well. The worry is we might end up with something medicore regardless.
  • Options

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

Ricardo Montalban - was also in a Naked Gun movie and two of the original Planet of the Apes sequels.
    An original sequel - I know what you mean. He was in Fantasy Island too I think. He was the pitchman for Maxwell House coffee too.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

An original sequel - I know what you mean. He was in Fantasy Island too I think. He was the pitchman for Maxwell House coffee too.
    Found the Cordoba advert!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIL3fbGbU2o
  • Options
    edited December 2015
    Mine was 3 model years later and the headlights were more square and on top of each other rather than side by side.

But that's it. Well done. 'Corinthian leather'.

It was Chrysler's first smaller than full size car

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

Tim_B said:

Found the Cordoba advert!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIL3fbGbU2o
This discussion has been closed.