Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Commons might be about to vote for Syrian air strikes b

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,151

Mr. Sandpit, it was decided yesterday, I think, that the Lib Dems would support air strikes (which surprised me).

I liked his argument that this action is based on a UN resolution, and that we should be duty bound to intervene as active members of the international community.
  • Options
    Keith Vaz ‏@Keith_Vaz 2m2 minutes ago
    Considering changing my position on Syria following the FAC letter to the PM.
  • Options

Sandpit said:

Did Farron just say he was supporting the government? Wow!

Yes, it was a bit of a surprise – Good on him tho, I wonder what Lamb would have done.
    On the other hand ISIS have quite a record of murdering Christians. You would think this would be an issue with him
  • Options
    Russia accuses Erdogan of trading oil with IS

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-34982951
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    edited December 2015
    Corbyn is like a many headed serpent.. The tactic is going to be like the black knight, only this time he gets angrier every time one of heads is chopped off.. Haig called someone...was it Lord Carrington? " a duplicitous shit" I seem to recall.. a title such as that would suit Corbyn perfectly.
  • Options
    Sandpit said:

I'm liking Farron

Did you think you'd be saying that today?
    It appears that the whole Commons - bar Corbyn and his clique - are now in favour of the motion.

Absolutely not but I was seriously impressed with him
  • Options

Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him...
  • Options

SKY have Carswell voting agains tthe Govt. motion. Is that right?

His tweets suggest he's undecided - but he seems to be finding the 'for' side more persuasive.....
  • Options

Mr flightpath that is priceless, self awareness your strongpoint? Anybody who disagrees is an idiot. I'll save that for another time

No I don't think he said anyone, just a specific idiot is an idiot.

Bit like not everyone who disagrees is a terrorist sympathiser, but terrorist sympathisers are.
    Nice try.

Anyway perhaps you'd like to comment on the conservative PCC Ann Barnes?
    I have done repeatedly though you keep ignoring the response. My comment is that like any other directly elected official - if you don't like her, vote against her. That is the beauty of having elections.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584

new thread

• Options

Wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him...
    Which, in fairness, wouldnt be very far......
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 50,151

Sandpit said:

I'm liking Farron

Did you think you'd be saying that today?
    It appears that the whole Commons - bar Corbyn and his clique - are now in favour of the motion.
    Absolutely not but I was seriously impressed with him
    Debates like today's show Parliament at its finest. People around the world are watching this debate right now, for many they are hearing the arguments for the first time.
  • Options

Which is a good argument for knowing they don't.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,700

I can't see Hilary Benn being in the Shadow Cabinet for much longer

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/672062146549821440

Good riddance. If ever there was a case of everything good skipping a generation...
  • Options
    Stella Creasy is not 'out to left' of the Labour party, FGS. I'm not surprised to hear that she's been targetted. There is indeed an underlying sexism in the Hard Left's attacks on Creasy. This is the stupidity of the Hard Left. These people believe they represent the values of Keir Hardie, Clement Attlee et al. And while both of those leaders would have been less than pleased with Blairism, and the modern day Right of the Labour party, they wouldn't have been impressed by a bunch of Hard Left idiots whose contribution to the Labour movement is attending pointless protests/demos and being on twitter all day. The likes of Stella Creasy meanwhile, have genuinely tried to help working people in this country. The fact that someone like Stella Creasy is isolated in the PLP (which is, as the NS article stated one of the main reasons why the Hard Left are going after her - they see her as an easy target) shows how badly Labour have lost touch with their values. And why they won't be winning a GE anytime soon.

But it's no good those MPs kicking up a fuss about Corbyn. They need to plan to replace him or not. I'm sick of this meaningless cowering about him by the PLP. At this stage the unions can also go and do one. They can set up their own party, and watch that flop. After their involvement in the last two leadership elections, I'd actually laugh at their failure.
  • Options

Could not have happened to a nicer company

@CourtNewsUK: Payday lender Wonga scammed out of £3million when they failed to spot 19,000 loan applications all used the password bengali90

Actually unencrypted passwords might never leave the sender's PC as I understand it. - so this might be a smaller mistake than it appears.

However I dare say if they used the same password other details might have been the same. (Did they have 19,000 Bank accounts for example?)
  • Options

Which is a good argument for knowing they don't.

The Turkish Security / Intelligence Minister said last week we should not bomb ISIS as they are Turkey's friends.

(You can rely on the Turks to screw everything up in my view)
This discussion has been closed.