Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » GE2015: The Inquest. A special podcast in collaboration wit

124»

Comments

• Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 77,921
    Now on BBC2 .....f##king f##k f##k sh#t sh#t f##k In The Loop....
  • Options
    FlightpathlFlightpathl Posts: 1,243
    Tim_B said:

MP_SE said:

Turns out Chuka who is so keen to avoid trash is a member of a trashy club. How ironic.
    It's hardly trashy.

I don't have a problem with him being a member of any club he wants to - just don't join a place like this and then bleat about 'working people'.
    Why not? Steve Coogan does.
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    edited May 2015

MP_SE said:

Turns out Chuka who is so keen to avoid trash is a member of a trashy club. How ironic.
    What is trashy about a ''club behind the Bank of England which sells £150 steaks and cognac up to £4,000''.
    and
    ''is so exclusive that MasterChef presenters Gregg Wallace and John Torode had membership applications turned down''
    It is so shady and ''exclusive'' and Umuna is so ashamed that he was openly photographed at it's opening last year.
    This may have been a stupid thing to do for a labour politician but hardly 'trashy'.
    Classy, real classy:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/16/21/28C248DE00000578-3084677-image-a-4_1431808477289.jpg

Just a hint, half decent members clubs don't resort to cheap gimmicks such as the above. The whole setup screams nouveau riche.
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,543
    Tim_B said:

MP_SE said:

It's hardly trashy.

I don't have a problem with him being a member of any club he wants to - just don't join a place like this and then bleat about 'working people'.
    Let's face it, if this was an up-and-coming Tory, Labour would be squealing about how "hard working families" could never afford a single drink in a club like this if they worked until they were 90. It does betray a certain casual attitude towards the job of Labour Party leader by Chuka.

Still, could have been worse. Could have been the Bullingdon. Or is that too trashy for Chuka?
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,633

It's only six years old, but it feels like an age ago. A Labour government taking extreme care to communicate a popular image...

• Options
    MyBurningEarsMyBurningEars Posts: 3,651

Sun front is not politics.

But an exclusive?
    Well, obviously. It is the News of the Wo... I mean Sun on Sunday
    Hope all is well, Lucian. Haven't seen you on here for ages. Best wishes.
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 77,921
    edited May 2015
    viewcode said:

It's only six years old, but it feels like an age ago. A Labour government taking extreme care to communicate a popular image...

Nobody has told Bad Al he is neither in charge nor that his methods don't work anymore....
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108

Let's face it, if this was an up-and-coming Tory, Labour would be squealing about how "hard working families" could never afford a single drink in a club like this if they worked until they were 90. It does betray a certain casual attitude towards the job of Labour Party leader by Chuka.

Still, could have been worse. Could have been the Bullingdon. Or is that too trashy for Chuka?

The problem seems to be its not a "club" its a trap for morons like Chuka who want to get photo'd in front of a ridiculous scene his constituents could never imagine being part of.

It's beyond embarrassing for Chuka. And probably the end of the club if it's going to report everything to the Mail.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    Election data:

South West region:

2015:
    Con: 1,319,994 (46.54%)
    Lab: 501,684 (17.69%)
    LD: 428,873 (15.12%)
    UKIP: 384,546 (13.56%)
    Greens: 168,130 (5.93%)
    Others: 33,013 (1.16%)
    TOTAL: 2,836,240

2010:
    Con: 1,187,637 (42.82%)
    LD: 962,954 (34.72%)
    Lab: 426,910 (15.39%)
    UKIP: 123,975 (4.47%)
    Greens: 31,517 (1.14%)
    Other: 40,450 (1.46%)
    TOTAL: 2,773,443

Changes:
    Con: +3.72%
    Lab: +2.30%
    LD: -19.60%
    UKIP: +9.09%
    Greens: +4.79%
    Others: -0.29%

Swing, Lab to Con: 0.71%
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,633

viewcode said:

Nobody has told Bad Al he is neither in charge nor that his methods don't work anymore....
    I'm not sure the methods don't work. I assume Labour's lackluster performance was down to them having bad policies whilst being led by an idiot. Presentation skills only get you so far.

• Options
    Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond Posts: 1,939
    So it's a place where parvenus and arriviste wankers can pay to feel they're on the inside of something?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 76,194
    "Lord Sugar, just let me explain. The cognac wa..."
  • Options

But an exclusive?
    Thanks. I've posted a few times in the past few days. All good. Now living in Fermanagh though still working in London. Obviously keeps me busy!
  • Options

So it's a place where parvenus and arriviste wankers can pay to feel they're on the inside of something?

Sadly, I think that's a very pointed indictment of our Labour friend.
  • Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    edited May 2015

I have no idea what an 'arriviste wanker' is but I love the phrase.

There is a large bail bonds operation in Lawrenceville GA trading under your name :)

http://bondjamesbondinc.clickforward.com/wordpress1/
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    I knew that interior looked familiar. I have ate there before. The only positive I can take away from the meal was the Japanese toilets.
  • Options
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 49,115
    How long is Tristram Hunt planning to keep his stealth candidacy going? Maybe he thinks he can drag it out until 2020.
    AndyJS said:
    I felt sorry for them until she said he was a councillor and she was the parliamentary candidate!
  • Options

How long is Tristram Hunt planning to keep his stealth candidacy going? Maybe he thinks he can drag it out until 2020.

AndyJS said:
    I felt sorry for them until she said he was a councillor and she was the parliamentary candidate!
    Why did you feel sorry for them to begin with? People are entitled to take videos of someone knocking on their door I would have thought.
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 49,115
    AndyJS said:

Why did you feel sorry for them to begin with? People are entitled to take videos of someone knocking on their door I would have thought.

Sure but I can understand a lowly canvassing volunteer being put off by it.
  • Options
    FlightpathlFlightpathl Posts: 1,243
    MP_SE said:

MP_SE said:

What is trashy about a ''club behind the Bank of England which sells £150 steaks and cognac up to £4,000''.
    and
    ''is so exclusive that MasterChef presenters Gregg Wallace and John Torode had membership applications turned down''
    It is so shady and ''exclusive'' and Umuna is so ashamed that he was openly photographed at it's opening last year.
    This may have been a stupid thing to do for a labour politician but hardly 'trashy'.
    Classy, real classy:
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/05/16/21/28C248DE00000578-3084677-image-a-4_1431808477289.jpg
    Just a hint, half decent members clubs don't resort to cheap gimmicks such as the above. The whole setup screams nouveau riche.
    One of my favourite pubs has a couple of pictures of a shire horse at the bar! Just a hint. By all means be a salivating slave to the Daily Mail line if you want.
    'the whole set up screams nouveu riche'! Yer avvin a laff.
  • Options

But an exclusive?
    Thanks. I've posted a few times in the past few days. All good. Now living in Fermanagh though still working in London. Obviously keeps me busy!
    Delighted to hear it! Seems 'Er Incharge has spirited you away across the sea - very nice, even if not as good as Yorkshire :-) Don't think I envy your commute though! Do keep on posting.
  • Options

But an exclusive?
    Delighted to hear it! Seems 'Er Incharge has spirited you away across the sea - very nice, even if not as good as Yorkshire :-) Don't think I envy your commute though! Do keep on posting.
    No. Using Ryanair as a bus service (and the actual bus service from Bus Eireann) makes it a long one. 9 days at work, 5 at home.
  • Options

No. Using Ryanair as a bus service (and the actual bus service from Bus Eireann) makes it a long one. 9 days at work, 5 at home.

Ouch - don't think I could cope with that myself. Hope the Evil Baron is paying you lots and lots of money to make it all worthwhile. I guess in your line of work there's nowt on the Emerald Isle which can compete with what London has to offer... within recent (or at least it still feels so to me, or maybe I'm purposefully fooling myself that it is) memory didn't the NOTW have a considerably greater circulation than the population of the North and Republic combined?
  • Options

Ouch - don't think I could cope with that myself. Hope the Evil Baron is paying you lots and lots of money to make it all worthwhile. I guess in your line of work there's nowt on the Emerald Isle which can compete with what London has to offer... within recent (or at least it still feels so to me, or maybe I'm purposefully fooling myself that it is) memory didn't the NOTW have a considerably greater circulation than the population of the North and Republic combined?
    I suppose that would be true. I'm not paid enough for me to want to do this forever. I will move to Ireland fully once I've got a decent option.
  • Options
    Well, well, well - Lucian_Fletcher back on PB.com after having, until very recently, seemingly disappeared for the best part of a year.
    This despite having previously been a prolific long term poster here in his various guises over a number of years.
    Welcome back friend!
This discussion has been closed.