Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » ICM phone poll naming Clegg has him holding Sheffield Halla

12346»

Comments

• Options
    bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 8,098
    surbiton said:

This poll is of a sample size of 501. I am not sure why anyone takes it seriously.

This poll has half the size of the usual Ashcroft polling, but polling error only decreases with the square root of the sample size. Or, in other words, the margin of error for a poll half the size is only 1.4 times as big (not twice).

So, not as accurate, but certainly worth taking about 70% as seriously as an Ashcroft poll.
  • Options
    Y0kelY0kel Posts: 2,307
    If I recall correctly, I've already stated my view that the Tories will be north of 35% and Labour south of 35%. What I can't quite work out is what the gap will be.

Cue polls suggesting different results entirely.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,938
    Tonights YG EICIPM
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Yeah, that is why both the Conservatives and the Libdems spent last five years getting kicked up and down the political pitch making the tough decisions which delivered financial stability and record employment while the Europe went into economic melt down!
    EPG said:

Lib Dems want to be in government for no real reason at all. The Tories have no clue why they would like to be in government and don't seem pushed about it.

This discussion has been closed.