Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Thanet S & Hallam polls fail to move the markets & CON

SystemSystem Posts: 11,705
edited April 2015 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Thanet S & Hallam polls fail to move the markets & CON a 75% chance to win most seats

One of the big things to remember as we get close is that the final seat totals are not governed by national vote share in some apparently pure manner but on the specific outcomes in 650 separate constituency battles fought under FPTP.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    edited April 2015
    Can I recommend chapter 2 of the Cabinet Manual, "Elections and government formation", as a lucid 5 page exposition on what happens when GEs fail to return clear majorities? https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/60641/cabinet-manual.pdf
  • Options
    In The Times Sam Coates and Michael Savage disclose Clegg will struggle to get the formal authorisation needed from the party's MPs, governing bodies and grassroots members if he wants to do another deal with the Tories.

Senior figures said they would consider voting down a Conservative Queen's Speech to remove David Cameron from office, while one leading Lib Dem demanded a ­veto over every Tory budget as a price for joining a second coalition.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

kle4 said:

Yeah, I'm not voting Lib Dem now, Clegg can go whistle.

In fact, I might even vote Labour.

Not prepared to forgive him and his just throwing around a lot of talk in order to save themselves without meaning it? It's like, he and Cameron had to have agreed at the debate that Clegg would attack him to some degree. He could be in trouble if he goes too far it seems though.

Thank you to those with the kind words this morning. And people say you cannot write things worthwhile while angry at midnight on the internet!
    Danny Alexander's pretty much said he leaked a three year old document to ensure the PM gets embarrassed on Question Time tonight.

The comfort from that I can draw is that the Lib Dems are in real trouble in their seats where the Tories are second. Yeovil nailed on Tory gain.

The Lib Dems should be punished for such perfidy.

Plus today's Times has an excellent article about how the Lib Dems kinda won't go into a coalition with the Tories again.
    Danny needs help from Labour voters - too late !

Cleggie needs help from Tory voters !

It is open season with the Lib Dems. Each to his own.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    edited April 2015
    JackW said:

JackW said:

Yeah, I'm not voting Lib Dem now, Clegg can go whistle.

In fact, I might even vote Labour.

Do you really want to become the "Traitorous Pig Dog" of Hallam .... :smile:

My friend is suggesting I draw a phallus on the ballot paper next to Nick Clegg's name.

Well it is kinda a mark indicating a clear preference for one candidate.
    I do chortle when Conservatives go all unnecessary when the yellow peril have the temerity to challenge the Tories on policy issues only seven days before the general election.

Reminds me of Labour .... who before the Coalition dismissed the LibDems as wearisome allies and now the Tories want the LibDems to play nicely as they hoover up their seats.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,072

In The Times Sam Coates and Michael Savage disclose Clegg will struggle to get the formal authorisation needed from the party's MPs, governing bodies and grassroots members if he wants to do another deal with the Tories.

Senior figures said they would consider voting down a Conservative Queen's Speech to remove David Cameron from office, while one leading Lib Dem demanded a ­veto over every Tory budget as a price for joining a second coalition.

I think the most likely outcome is LD S&C of the Conservative Party. I just don't see the appetite for a formal coalition with either Labour or the Conservatives.

I also suspect that these LD leaks can only harm the party as they will be more effective at scaring away potential Conservative tactical voters than at reattracting Red Liberals.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Say good morning to the birthday boy: I'm 81 today.
  • Options
    Harry Boota UKIP PPC ‏@Harry_Boota 25m25 minutes ago
    BBC rocked by new bias scandal – as TWO-THIRDS of debate audience are left-wing http://shr.gs/KxeydFV
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Happy Birthday.
  • Options
    Tim Montgomerie ن ‏@montie 7m7 minutes ago
    Significant moment? @DanHannanMEP backs proportional representation for the Commons http://www.conservativehome.com/thecolumnists/2015/04/daniel-hannan-mep-why-proportional-representation-is-now-right-for-the-commons.html
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

I think the most likely outcome is LD S&C of the Conservative Party. I just don't see the appetite for a formal coalition with either Labour or the Conservatives.

I also suspect that these LD leaks can only harm the party as they will be more effective at scaring away potential Conservative tactical voters than at reattracting Red Liberals.
    Yup. I'm contemplating voting Labour.

Only Mark Reckless has ever annoyed me this much.
  • Options
    Tissue_PriceTissue_Price Posts: 9,039
    Matt Singh ‏@MattSingh_

Ipsos MORI/Evening Standard:

CON 35 (+2)
    LAB 30 (-5)
    LIB 8 (+1)
    UKIP 10 (=)
    GRN 8 (=)
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,010
    Happy birthday, Mr. K.

Betting and reality are often at odds, due to sentiment (for or against a given party).

On the audience: wouldn't 30/30/30/10 (Lab/Con/Other or floating/Lib Dem) be a fairer carving of the cake? [Or 20/20 for Lib Dems and Others?]

33% each means you've got a leftwing majority, a Coalition majority, and you've got corresponding representation (for the polls) for the larger parties but are drastically over-estimating the Lib Dems' support.

That said, I don't think, barring some horrendous moment, it'll be a game-changer.

Although the BBC debate was apparently far worse than the ITV one, due to the audience and Dimbleby's ineffectiveness.

Got to say I think Alexander's 'revelation' today is shoddy.
  • Options
    Free thinking Lab PPC

Matthew Pennycook‏@mtpennycook·10 mins10 minutes ago
    A week to go and the Tories refuse to put a spokesperson on #r4today to discuss their plans for £12 bn cuts to social security. Says it all.

Alastair Campbell‏@campbellclaret·19m19 minutes ago
    One week before an election and Tories are refusing to put up anyone to talk about welfare cuts. Says all you need to know
  • Options
    Blue_rogBlue_rog Posts: 2,019
    MikeK said:

Happy birthday Mike, you'll be catching up Jack W if you're not careful :-). Hope May 7 brings you a nice belated birthday pressie.
  • Options
    Mr. Price, presumably UK-wide rather than London-specific?
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,281
    Fpt.

Ferrets in a sack thrown off a sinking ship. (that's enough mixed metaphors-ed)

'Splits as Labour councillors refuse cash donation to MPs' campaigns

LABOUR MPs fighting for their political survival in a traditional party heartland have been denied financial backing by colleagues on the council. In a clear sign of party fractures amid the most intense pressure it has ever faced in Scotland, North Lanarkshire councillors voted against donating anything to their four MPs who many predict will be unseated next week. A proposals by some councillors who work for North Lanarkshire's parliamentarians for a smaller donation was also rejected by colleagues...

...Another member of the Labour administration said: "We've just given the party £20,000 for the privilege of being councillors. There's no appetite to give them any more money. In fact I'm detecting little appetite amongst many councillors to do anything except a few canvassing photos for Facebook. Gordon Brown will do Coatbridge in the coming days. Beyond that, nothings happening there. There's real agitation amongst party members over how things are panning out in the campaign."'

http://tinyurl.com/nxdj6op
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    edited April 2015

Matt Singh ‏@MattSingh_

CON 35 (+2)
    LAB 30 (-5)
    LIB 8 (+1)
    UKIP 10 (=)
    GRN 8 (=)

Labour's Russell Brand bounce :D
  • Options
    Happy Birthday MikeK!
  • Options
    PlatoPlato Posts: 15,724
    Oh My Word :smiley:

Matt Singh ‏@MattSingh_

CON 35 (+2)
    LAB 30 (-5)
    LIB 8 (+1)
    UKIP 10 (=)
    GRN 8 (=)

• Options
    richardDoddrichardDodd Posts: 5,472
    Happy Birthday =MK.
  • Options
    StereotomyStereotomy Posts: 4,092
    MikeK said:

Harry Boota UKIP PPC ‏@Harry_Boota 25m25 minutes ago
    BBC rocked by new bias scandal – as TWO-THIRDS of debate audience are left-wing http://shr.gs/KxeydFV

"Labour and Liberal Democrat supporters will make up half of the audience, while Tory voters will make up 25 per cent. "

So the audience will be in the same proportion as the interviewees? Scandalous!
  • Options
    Corker!!!

Philip Cowley‏@philipjcowley·3 mins3 minutes ago View translation
    MORI: C 35, L 30, UKIP 10, LD 8, Grn 8.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664

Matt Singh ‏@MattSingh_

CON 35 (+2)
    LAB 30 (-5)
    LIB 8 (+1)
    UKIP 10 (=)
    GRN 8 (=)

Now that's what I call a poll, where's yer ComRes noo?

Happy birthday MikeK.
  • Options
    City A.M. ‏@CityAM 13m13 minutes ago
    Van containing 200,000 ballot papers stolen overnight http://dlvr.it/9cBRs6
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

S&C would be a repeat of the calamitous Lib/Lab pact of the late seventies. All the blame and precious little of the power.

If the numbers allow it'll be another coalition or back to opposition.

• Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,735
    Pulpstar said:

Miss Plato, aye. The seat's likely to stay red, but it is in play.

Ashfield really isn't. It's like a red Truro, Lib Dems in a close 2nd = big price on the incumbent. Who should really be 1-20 or so.
    In Ashfield unsure where LDs are now close second or not. Zadrozny et al.

However several of my Tory neighbours are voting Lib Dem.

16-1 may be value.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,631

Matt Singh ‏@MattSingh_

CON 35 (+2)
    LAB 30 (-5)
    LIB 8 (+1)
    UKIP 10 (=)
    GRN 8 (=)

Corking indeed.
  • Options
    rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 58,436

Corker!!!

Philip Cowley‏@philipjcowley·3 mins3 minutes ago View translation
    MORI: C 35, L 30, UKIP 10, LD 8, Grn 8.

Outlier alert.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,983

Matt Singh ‏@MattSingh_

CON 35 (+2)
    LAB 30 (-5)
    LIB 8 (+1)
    UKIP 10 (=)
    GRN 8 (=)

A corker indeed, for once.

Happy birthday, Mike K.
  • Options
    I think Labour have been screwed by the 10/10 filter that Ipsos Mori use.
  • Options
    JackW said:

rcs1000 said:

S&C would be a repeat of the calamitous Lib/Lab pact of the late seventies. All the blame and precious little of the power.

The Alliance got 14% of the vote in 1979 - that's rather better than the LibDems are likely to do following the coalition.
  • Options
    IPSOS trending to my ARSE.

Happy birthday to the youngster MikeK .... :smile:
  • Options
    Nearly a TPD for Labour on my benchmark, creeping in at 30... just missing the wondrous young and virile 20's...

Perhaps why Ed went to visit Brand?
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

I hear the polling booths use the same filter.
  • Options

I think you need to vote for Clegg in Sheffield Hallam!
  • Options
    And I think the Ipsos Mori is going to have a very amusing Scottish sub-sample with the Nats even higher than the Scottish specific polls.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Apparently they are being given to illegal immigrants so as to skew the election result.
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,883
    I can't see the Greens getting 8%.
  • Options

surely. but still lol
  • Options
    *claps*
    TGOHF said:

• Options
    peterbusspeterbuss Posts: 109
    Following OGH's principle of looking at the numbers before turnout filtering, do we know what those were in Sheffield Hallam?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

JackW said:

rcs1000 said:

The Alliance got 14% of the vote in 1979 - that's rather better than the LibDems are likely to do following the coalition.
    There was no Alliance in 1979.

• Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,900
    EWNBPM
  • Options
    JackW said:

rcs1000 said:

JackW said:

rcs1000 said:

Yeah, I just realised that...
  • Options

Mr. Price, presumably UK-wide rather than London-specific?

Unfortunately, yes.
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

That's what I'm hoping for.
  • Options
    Call that a swing?

Mike Smithson‏@MSmithsonPB·2 mins2 minutes ago
    CON moves from 4% behind to 5% lead amongst those certain to vote with Ipsos-MORI
    CON 35 +2
    LAB 30 -5
    LD 8 +1
    UKIP 10=
    GRN 8 =
  • Options
    There should be at least two more polls today.

Panelbase and YouGov.

Also this poll implies that the Lord A and ICM polls aren't outliers per se.
  • Options

CON 35 (+2)
    LAB 30 (-5)
    LIB 8 (+1)
    UKIP 10 (=)
    GRN 8 (=)

Indeed - that's what I call a proper top rated gold standard poll and fits perfectly with the beautiful sunshine this morning in the Weald of Kent!! Dark thoughts of outliers are banished from my mind!

• Options
    JPJ2JPJ2 Posts: 378
    I wonder if the interest in PR by hannan could be something to do with the SNP not being under-represented proportionally for Westminster for the first time in many generations-including ever?
  • Options
    Oh, and happy birthday MikeK! 81's not a bad effort, though I thought you were hoping for 102?
  • Options
    asjohnstoneasjohnstone Posts: 1,276

Matt Singh ‏@MattSingh_

CON 35 (+2)
    LAB 30 (-5)
    LIB 8 (+1)
    UKIP 10 (=)
    GRN 8 (=)

I struggle to take a poll with the Greens at 8% seriously. I'd be stunned if they poll over 2.5% nationally.

But there's the thing, on a result like that Con+Lib Dem is probably only on 315ish and short anyway.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,713
    Now thats what I call a poll!!

Still... anything could happen next week... a few points here and there, and it makes all the difference.
  • Options
    where's isam - what do the spuds look like after this baby?
  • Options
    Bloody hell, just seen the Greens and the Lib Dems are tied on 8%.

Neil might be going to the poor house at this rate.
  • Options
    What other polls are we expecting today ?
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Isn't that the second or third incident in the past 24 hours?

• Options
    Averaging the telephone polls gives Con 35.3%, Lab 31.8%, UKIP 11.2%, Lib Dems 8.5%. With these polls crossover has well and truly taken place.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,075
    MikeK said:

Happy birthday Mike!
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,090
    TGOHF said:

Eric Joyce seems to be the first Slabber to exit the denial stage

http://ericjoyce.co.uk/2015/04/scotlands-one-party-state/

"Scots are behaving in the way any nation gripped by nationalism does. Artists, poets and writers are gazing skywards and telling us of ‘a new start'; unionist opposition isn’t just disagreed with but routinely vilified. Few folk are listening to reason, because reason is too painful and these are difficult times."

"Perhaps it’s time for people in Scotland to start wondering if they want to live in a place where it can be seriously projected that a single party might take all of the seats at a general election, and where well-educated and intelligent people would actually celebrate such a state of affairs. Or maybe it’ll take a few years of independence before Scots are prepared to face up to reality.
    The general historical trend with nationalism, I’m told, is the latter."

Wonder why Eric did not pipe up about it through all the years of labour hegemony , did he miss being part of that one due to the bevvy.
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, be interesting to see the PanelBase, given it usually gives nicer results for Labour [as other pollsters do for the Conservatives]. Any ETA?
  • Options
    Bob__SykesBob__Sykes Posts: 1,176
    9pc others in IPSOS seems high when it doesn't include Greens does it not?
  • Options
    Irony or genuine 'catching'

Fraser Nelson‏@FraserNelson·3 mins3 minutes ago
    Here's the @specator's endorsement of the Tories: http://goo.gl/kUnB2F . Our Scottish edition will shortly endorse the Liberal Democrats.
  • Options
    JPJ2 said:

I wonder if the interest in PR by hannan could be something to do with the SNP not being under-represented proportionally for Westminster for the first time in many generations-including ever?

I think Dan Hannan takes the same view as me, for the third election in a look, it looks like the winning party is going to win with circa 35% of the vote, that makes our current electoral system unsustainable.
  • Options
    Fraser Nelson ‏@FraserNelson

Here's the @spectator's endorsement of the Tories: http://goo.gl/kUnB2F . Our Scottish edition will shortly endorse the Liberal Democrats

Lol, the Sun have started a trend!
  • Options
    IIRC, an outlier happens about 1:20 polls. There's a lot of them accordingly to some here.
    peterbuss said:

CON 35 (+2)
    LAB 30 (-5)
    LIB 8 (+1)
    UKIP 10 (=)
    GRN 8 (=)

Indeed - that's what I call a proper top rated gold standard poll and fits perfectly with the beautiful sunshine this morning in the Weald of Kent!! Dark thoughts of outliers are banished from my mind!

• Options

9pc others in IPSOS seems high when it doesn't include Greens does it not?

Scotland has about 9% of the population. Just saying.
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,045

Matt Singh ‏@MattSingh_

CON 35 (+2)
    LAB 30 (-5)
    LIB 8 (+1)
    UKIP 10 (=)
    GRN 8 (=)

I struggle to take a poll with the Greens at 8% seriously. I'd be stunned if they poll over 2.5% nationally.

But there's the thing, on a result like that Con+Lib Dem is probably only on 315ish and short anyway.
    Poor poll for Labour. Agreed about the 8% Green share - most of that will unwind but where will it go?
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,144
    Big effort in Torbay yesterday. A battle-bus of 50 sturdy folks who had previously been to Yeovil (close, but probably just short of dismissing Laws - although his expenses is a big issue on the doorstep) and Cheltenham (VERY much in play). Also heard that Gloucester is safe blue.

There are still remarkable numbers of undecideds. Not just the polite-to-get-you-off-the-doorstep already committed. But genuinely still don't know.

In Torbay they boil down to two big groups of voters:

1. Those who think Sanders has been a good LibDem MP and would be happy to vote for him again - but REALLY HATE the idea of Prime Minister Ed Miliband. I mean, really vehemently loathe the guy.

2. Those who think Farage talks the sense they want to hear and would be happy to vote for UKIP - but REALLY HATE the idea of Prime Minister Ed Miliband. I mean, really vehemently loathe the guy.

(There are also subsets of each of the above for whom replace Ed Miliband with the SNP.)

These are people who say they will vote too. If the Tories can capture half of each sub-set, they will be home and dry.

Lord knows how the pollsters are apportioning these people at the moment. What is clear here is that there are no extra voters wavering about Labour. I don't know how that might be different in say the Midlands. But I suspect the greater pool of don't knows have Conservative as one of their options.
  • Options

What other polls are we expecting today ?

Panelbase at 2.30pm ish and YouGov at 10.30pm are the two polls we're getting for certain.

We might see a Survation, but don't quote me on that.
  • Options
    MillsyMillsy Posts: 900
    Good ol' Ipsos Mori coming into line
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,713
    murali_s said:

Matt Singh ‏@MattSingh_

CON 35 (+2)
    LAB 30 (-5)
    LIB 8 (+1)
    UKIP 10 (=)
    GRN 8 (=)

Poor poll for Labour. Agreed about the 8% Green share - most of that will unwind but where will it go?
    I expect a lot of them will just be non-voters.
  • Options
    Very helpful stat - thanx
    Sean_F said:

Averaging the telephone polls gives Con 35.3%, Lab 31.8%, UKIP 11.2%, Lib Dems 8.5%. With these polls crossover has well and truly taken place.

• Options
    tlg86tlg86 Posts: 25,207
    Artist said:

I can't see the Greens getting 8%.

Neither can I, and I'd hope that Ukip would get a bit more than 10%. But who knows?
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, why?

When England kept winning rugby due to Wilkinson's boot, some bleated about altering the points system so fewer were given for penalties. Buggering up the system (which is what would happen) for partisan advantage is not something which I would support.
  • Options
    MillsyMillsy Posts: 900

Here's the @spectator's endorsement of the Tories: http://goo.gl/kUnB2F . Our Scottish edition will shortly endorse the Liberal Democrats

The Lib Dems? What the...?
  • Options
    Worth noting that four polls over the past 7 days put Labour at or below their 2010 vote share.
  • Options
    JPJ2 said:

Possible. But you have to imho read a bit between the lines in his article. What he really loves about PR and STV in particular is that he feels it would keep MPs on their toes and more accountable to their local voters.
  • Options
    Lee Waters @LeeWatersUKIP · 2h 2 hours ago
    Media blackout on 319 Lib/Lab/Con misbehaving Cllrs since January. Including sex offenders, racists & frauds. http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/04/29/the-319-misbehaving-councillors-you-wont-have-heard-about-on-the-bbc/ … #UKIP
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670

And I think the Ipsos Mori is going to have a very amusing Scottish sub-sample with the Nats even higher than the Scottish specific polls.

Given that lab are down 5 and others are only up 3 I can't see beyond SNP 89% in the subsam.
  • Options
    FalseFlagFalseFlag Posts: 1,801
    Sean_F said:

Worth noting that four polls over the past 7 days put Labour at or below their 2010 vote share.

Always had Labour at 32/33 but there is distinct possibility they could be sub 30.
  • Options
    murali_s said:

Matt Singh ‏@MattSingh_

CON 35 (+2)
    LAB 30 (-5)
    LIB 8 (+1)
    UKIP 10 (=)
    GRN 8 (=)

Half of it will probably stay at home and eat a fantastic organic yoghurt, about a quarter will actually vote Green, last quarter will tactically support whoever can beat the tories locally.
  • Options
    murali_smurali_s Posts: 3,045
    Sean_F said:

Yep - worrying. Looking forward to Panelbase to raise Labour morale!
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    Mr. Millsy, post-modern satire by the Spectator? :p

Edited extra bit: Mr. Eagles [above], utter tosh.

If UKIP get 15% and 1 seat then it's their own damned fault for buggering up their strategy. They know the rules of the game. You can get 10 penalties and 57 corners but if you fail to score you can't complain if you lose 1-0.
  • Options

Mr. Eagles, why?

When England kept winning rugby due to Wilkinson's boot, some bleated about altering the points system so fewer were given for penalties. Buggering up the system (which is what would happen) for partisan advantage is not something which I would support.

First Past the Post has had its day.

It's going to be an utter farce, that UKIP might get 15% of the vote, and 1 MP (note before some have an aneurysm, that's not a prediction, just highlighting the potential problems of FPTP that might occur next week)

We need Multi Member STV.
  • Options
    But saying Certain To Vote? I'd go with changing to home party as more likely.

murali_s said:

Matt Singh ‏@MattSingh_

CON 35 (+2)
    LAB 30 (-5)
    LIB 8 (+1)
    UKIP 10 (=)
    GRN 8 (=)

• Options
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ed-miliband/11570745/The-price-that-Ed-Miliband-is-prepared-to-pay-to-win-the-Muslim-vote.html

The Labour leader's pledge to redefine Islamophobia as an aggravated crime will be cheered by child sex-grooming gangs in Rotherham and election-stealers in Tower Hamlets
  • Options
    Millsy said:

This is a joke surely? They don't do a Scottish edition do they?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

JackW said:

rcs1000 said:

JackW said:

rcs1000 said:

Yeah, I just realised that...
    For the Libs/LibDems you need delve deeper than simple vote share and UNS.

Since Feb74 when they've had a fullish slate of candidates their seats have borne little correlation to their vote share.

In particular look at Feb/Oct 74 against 1997 and 1983 against 2001 and 2005.

• Options
    The official poll trailer classification is as per below. Tom Newton-Dunn please take note.

Tie up to +/-2: "interesting"
    +3/+4: "eye-opening"
    +4/+5: "corker"
    +6/+7: "narrative changer"
    +8 or more: "suggests a fundamental realignment"
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Given that lab are down 5 and others are only up 3 I can't see beyond SNP 89% in the subsam.
    I think you're being pessimistic on the SNP share of the vote in the sub sample.
  • Options
    Mr. Price, also:
    +10 "the Falklands War/Gordon Brown smiling has occurred."
  • Options
    acf2310acf2310 Posts: 141
    Millsy said:

He's joking, I think. Might be wrong but I don't think there is a separate Scottish edition of the Spectator.

• Options
    edited April 2015
    What's "Day the polls turned" ? :wink:

The official poll trailer classification is as per below. Tom Newton-Dunn please take note.

• Options
    acf2310acf2310 Posts: 141
    Plato said:

That's just Lab +1.
  • Options
    :heart:
    acf2310 said:

Plato said:

That's just Lab +1.
  • Options

murali_s said:

Matt Singh ‏@MattSingh_

CON 35 (+2)
    LAB 30 (-5)
    LIB 8 (+1)
    UKIP 10 (=)
    GRN 8 (=)

The green vote will be fascinating to watch on the night. A goodly chunk is young - they polled 50% in 18-24 age group in one of the polls yesterday. Will they vote? Are they really fired up and registered? The huge vote reg surge suggests they might be. Another reason to stay up all night on Thursday
  • Options
    I haven't managed to stay awake the WHOLE night since 1997 - this time I've stocked up with Red Bull to make sure I don't nod off between 2am-5am and miss all the initial fun.

murali_s said:

Matt Singh ‏@MattSingh_

CON 35 (+2)
    LAB 30 (-5)
    LIB 8 (+1)
    UKIP 10 (=)
    GRN 8 (=)

The green vote will be fascinating to watch on the night. A goodly chunk is young - they polled 50% in 18-24 age group in one of the polls yesterday. Will they vote? Are they really fired up and registered? The huge vote reg surge suggests they might be. Another reason to stay up all night on Thursday
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

JackW said:

rcs1000 said:

That was clever of them, given that they didn't exist before 1982 :)

• Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    I'd love to see a Wales only poll from ICM.
This discussion has been closed.