Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Tories double their lead with Opinium to 4%

SystemSystem Posts: 11,684
edited April 2015 in General

imagepoliticalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Tories double their lead with Opinium to 4%

The fieldwork started just before Thursday’s debate with most responses after it, tonight’s YouGov which should be out later, was entirely after the debate.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    PClippPClipp Posts: 2,138
    First?
  • Options
    williamglennwilliamglenn Posts: 48,071
    Sleazy broken Labour on the slide.
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607
    FPT:
    Danny565 said:

Those of us who have bet on EICIPM need to hold our nerve tonight. All is within the margin of error.

The most worrying thing isn't even the polls, it's that over the past week Labour have let the Tories start setting the terms of the debate again.
    Look at the Opinium tables, The Tories are holding onto more of their 2010 vote and leeching much more of Labour's 2010 vote than the reverse. Labour are basically reliant on the 25-30% of Lib Dem 2010 voters who have switched to them turning up for them on the day. Not a position I would want to be in. As I said before the manifesto reveals when the Tories were going massively negative and Ed was playing to his 35%, they had that reason and the Tories weren't giving people a positive vision or reason to vote for them. Post manifesto this has been oddly reversed with Ed talking the language of cuts and austerity and Dave talking about £8bn more for the NHS vs Reeves saying £2.5bn and trying to discredit the £8bn figure.

I don't think Labour can hit the 35% on their manifesto as a platform, but the Tories should be able to get enough in the centre to be the largest party. Dave even brought back his Big Society crap for good measure, so clearly someone in the party is thinking clearly enough to see that the Tories need to offer a positive vision for the future of the nation. Labour's strategists seem to have lost their heads with the manifesto, any talk of policies being held back is just wishful thinking, the first question will be "why wasn't this in the manifesto, is it a policy or an aspiration", "well if it is a real policy then why not put it in the manifesto" ad nauseam.
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215
    FPT

Just back from three hours with Philip Hammond - and security detail quietly in the background- in search of the voters of Weybridge and actually finding quite a few. He knocked on the doors like any other canvasser and faced the brunt of some sharp questioning as well as a solid measure of support.

Politics apart, only I think in Britain, would the Foreign Secretary (and doubtless other senior Cabinet and Shadow Cabinet Ministers) spend the time seriously engaging with their constituents and hearing an authentic vox pop. Quite humbling to see the democratic process at work.

PS We chatted about the national picture - I am pleased to report that all seems to be going as planned but will say no more, squire!
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    John O from the previous thread

"Just back from three hours with Philip Hammond - and security detail quietly in the background- in search of the voters of Weybridge and actually finding quite a few. He knocked on the doors like any other canvasser and faced the brunt of some sharp questioning as well as a solid measure of support.

Politics apart, only I think in Britain, would the Foreign Secretary (and doubtless other senior Cabinet and Shadow Cabinet Ministers) spend the time seriously engaging with their constituents and hearing an authentic vox pop. Quite humbling to see the democratic process at work.

PS We chatted about the national picture - I am pleased to report that all seems to be going as planned but will say no more, squire!"

Thought it was worth flagging up. You have to love the UK- although your final sentence is a bit worrying.
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,984
    Betting Post

Two, or possibly three, tips included in my look at an intriguing race tomorrow:
    http://enormo-haddock.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/bahrain-pre-race.html
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,770
    JohnO said:

Just back from three hours with Philip Hammond - and security detail quietly in the background- in search of the voters of Weybridge and actually finding quite a few. He knocked on the doors like any other canvasser and faced the brunt of some sharp questioning as well as a solid measure of support.

PS We chatted about the national picture - I am pleased to report that all seems to be going as planned but will say no more, squire!

Will we see this in Britain though?

Footage has emerged of the Australian Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, knocking back a large glass of beer in only seven seconds.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-32364857
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    edited April 2015
    Deleted - too overdramatic/pessimistic even for my standards :)
  • Options
    saddosaddo Posts: 534
    kle4 said:

JohnO said:

Footage has emerged of the Australian Prime Minister, Tony Abbott, knocking back a large glass of beer in only seven seconds.

For a start Miliband is on record saying he's never binned a pint in one in his life. Does Justin let him have fizzy drinks yet?
  • Options
    frpenkridgefrpenkridge Posts: 670
    kle4 said:

JohnO said:

After what happened to William Hague, I doubt it.

• Options
    compouter2compouter2 Posts: 2,371
    I sense a downward moodswing for the PB Hodges.

**** Opens up Popcorn ****
  • Options
    Guardian Alexrod interview looking as stupid as everyone thought
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    JohnO said:

FPT

I and I'm sure many other PBers have been fretting endlessly that the Miliband army would be ravaging through the elysian fields of Hersham.

Tis quite a relief to hear that a cabinet minister has been deployed to fend off the red hordes in such a hyper marginal. Just as well he wasn't needed elsewhere. :smile:

• Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    Danny565 said:

MaxPB said:

FPT:

Danny565 said:

Those of us who have bet on EICIPM need to hold our nerve tonight. All is within the margin of error.

The most worrying thing isn't even the polls, it's that over the past week Labour have let the Tories start setting the terms of the debate again.
    Look at the Opinium tables, The Tories are holding onto more of their 2010 vote and leeching much more of Labour's 2010 vote than the reverse. Labour are basically reliant on the 25-30% of Lib Dem 2010 voters who have switched to them turning up for them on the day. Not a position I would want to be in. As I said before the manifesto reveals when the Tories were going massively negative and Ed was playing to his 35%, they had that reason and the Tories weren't giving people a positive vision or reason to vote for them. Post manifesto this has been oddly reversed with Ed talking the language of cuts and austerity and Dave talking about £8bn more for the NHS vs Reeves saying £2.5bn and trying to discredit the £8bn figure.

I don't think Labour can hit the 35% on their manifesto as a platform, but the Tories should be able to get enough in the centre to be the largest party. Dave even brought back his Big Society crap for good measure, so clearly someone in the party is thinking clearly enough to see that the Tories need to offer a positive vision for the future of the nation. Labour's strategists seem to have lost their heads with the manifesto, any talk of policies being held back is just wishful thinking, the first question will be "why wasn't this in the manifesto, is it a policy or an aspiration", "well if it is a real policy then why not put it in the manifesto" ad nauseam.
    A small Tory Majority on less votes than they got in 2010 is possible imo, on a dismal turnout, because of how un-enthused "traditional" Labour voters are -- they're not going to care enough to go to the polling stations simply to vote for more cuts.
    That gets to the heart of this election - where are Labour making the case for change? They just aren't. You look at the employment numbers this week and think - why would you take the risk of serial feck-ups Labour?
  • Options
    kle4 said:

JohnO said:

Farage shouts from Thanet South .... "Amateur !!"

• Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 926
    David Cameron has a +10% approval; lead over Ed Miliband in Scotland reinforcing the fact Labour are in big trouble up there
  • Options
    tysontyson Posts: 6,050
    saddo said:

kle4 said:

JohnO said:

For a start Miliband is on record saying he's never binned a pint in one in his life. Does Justin let him have fizzy drinks yet?
    I have an unbeaten record of downing a pint- circa 2 seconds against hundreds of challengers. As a student it served me well because people would buy me a pint to see a race which I always won. I wish I was naturally talented at something more useful, but you cannot have it all.
  • Options

I sense a downward moodswing for the PB Hodges.

**** Opens up Popcorn ****

Until the mood on the doorstep changes you won't....regardless of your "insight" into the forthcoming polls....
  • Options

Danny565 said:

MaxPB said:

FPT:

Danny565 said:

A small Tory Majority on less votes than they got in 2010 is possible imo, on a dismal turnout, because of how un-enthused "traditional" Labour voters are -- they're not going to care enough to go to the polling stations simply to vote for more cuts.
    That gets to the heart of this election - where are Labour making the case for change? They just aren't. You look at the employment numbers this week and think - why would you take the risk of serial feck-ups Labour?
    Exactly. Labour are offering no alternative to cuts which has spooked their core vote and a lot of their centrist voters who are more interested in sunny uplands and an extra £8bn in NHS spending. It is a really strange choice from Labour to campaign on cuts and austerity. They will never be able to beat the Tories on economic competence but they can on public services.
  • Options
    marke09marke09 Posts: 926
    2% of Welsh voters are going to vote BNP???
  • Options
    tyson said:

saddo said:

kle4 said:

JohnO said:

I have an unbeaten record of downing a pint- circa 2 seconds against hundreds of challengers. As a student it served me well because people would buy me a pint to see a race which I always won. I wish I was naturally talented at something more useful, but you cannot have it all.
    Start charging £10k a pop as a pint dropping consultant and Ed will sign you up - paid for by taxpayers of course.
  • Options
    weejonnieweejonnie Posts: 3,820
    edited April 2015
    Sleazy Broken UKIP on the slide. Oh wait . . .

On a slightly more important note - if UKIP are being squeezed in the marginals then where is their vote going to appear?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 91,770
    edited April 2015
    From the header:

...as ever we need more polling

Damn it man, will nothing satisfy you! Think of the poor pollsters, working themselves to death for this election cycle.
  • Options
    kle4 said:

From the header:

Damn it man, will nothing satisfy you! Think of the poor pollsters, working themselves to death for this election cycle.

Polling overkill leads to mood swings aots. Fantastic stuff!
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642
    weejonnie said:

On a slightly more important note - if UKIP are being squeezed in the marginals then where is their vote going to appear?

If this trend continues UKIP will be in low single digits...

Maybe it is being stacked in ultra safe seats where it will make no difference.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    kle4 said:

JohnO said:

You will certainly never see "Normal" Ed down a beer if this is his reaction from sipping one. Strikes me as more of a pink champagne man.

https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/589036702838214656
  • Options
    kle4 said:

From the header:

Well I don't want to go all Guardian and do a thread header saying

"The day the polls turned"
  • Options
    roserees64roserees64 Posts: 251
    A motivational poll for Labour activists! A good poll at this stage in the proceedings as it underlines the need for persistent groundwork.However the caveat is the doubt about upticks for Libs and the Kippers. Predictions give 34/34 as the most likely true picture in terms of mathematical probability.

• Options
    Good to see so many of the pb "old guard" back posting.
    (I posted as "Alan" or "Alan J" back in 2005)
  • Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012
    Re Harry Cole and craft beer - if it is craft beer and he likes it then Ed has just lost the CAMRA vote. I can't believe he could be so simple as to stumble into such a minefield of a controversial subject.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    MP_SE said:

weejonnie said:

This is one of the requirements for greater efficiency of the Tory vote, and for the Lab most votes Con most seats bet to work, along with SLAB being slaughtered by the SNP.

It is not completely ridiculous, and Shadsy still has it as 25/1 I think.
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

weejonnie said:

Do you mean low single-digit %ge of vote or low single digit number of seats.? They are reportedly concentrating their resources on 10 seats - but presumably this £1.3 million Express delivery means they can expand their horizons (as expenditure in each seat is limited).

It may be that the UKIP squeeze is blue kippers voting Tory in the marginals as, I think, the swing to Labour is less there than elsewhere.

Anyway, we should know before midnight on the 7th.
  • Options
    EastwingerEastwinger Posts: 351

A motivational poll for Labour activists! A good poll at this stage in the proceedings as it underlines the need for persistent groundwork.However the caveat is the doubt about upticks for Libs and the Kippers. Predictions give 34/34 as the most likely true picture in terms of mathematical probability.

well, that's one way of looking at it.

always best to ignore polls you don't like.

• Options

Re Harry Cole and craft beer - if it is craft beer and he likes it then Ed has just lost the CAMRA vote. I can't believe he could be so simple as to stumble into such a minefield of a controversial subject.

It always amazes me on here how even passing of wind is a disaster for Ed Miliband.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976

A motivational poll for Labour activists!

Indeed so Mr64, and let’s hope there are many more of these ‘motivational polls’ to come :lol:
  • Options

It's an essential to be a member of this website.
  • Options
    saddo said:

tyson said:

saddo said:

kle4 said:

JohnO said:

Start charging £10k a pop as a pint dropping consultant and Ed will sign you up - paid for by taxpayers of course.
    And like Ken Livingstone you can set yourself up as a limited company and pay no tax.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633

CAMRA man Huppert winning in Cambridge despite LD woes elsewhere - Got to be able to drink ones pint.
  • Options

kle4 said:

From the header:

ARF! Another one, positioned next to "Gamechanger" "Crossover" and "Ed will never be PM".
  • Options
    kle4 said:

JohnO said:

it would make a better alternative to the debates. Plaid Cymru would probably win.
  • Options

Minefield neatly summarised here!

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2013/jun/13/craft-beer-guide-beginners.

Good beer is good beer; but hard to find such excellent craft beers as Thornbridge on handpump. I have a bottle of their Black IPA put aside for MOTD later...

• Options
    EastwingerEastwinger Posts: 351

It's an essential to be a member of this website.
    If you look hard enough you can always find a scrap of hope in the internals.

A shame there's a real poll on May 7th. It kinda spoils all the fun.

• Options

kle4 said:

JohnO said:

it would make a better alternative to the debates. Plaid Cymru would probably win.
    Bollocks. Farage is a zulu warrior!
  • Options
    volcanopetevolcanopete Posts: 2,078
    Ukip councillor arrested for alleged assault in Ukip target seat.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-32368066
  • Options
    Tony_MTony_M Posts: 70
    edited April 2015
    "Bollocks. Farage is a zulu warrior!"

Ha! You've played rugby Dr Fox!
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,984
    Mr. Flightpath, or as a handicap during debates. Every outright lie = down a pint. Every dodgy statement = down half a pint.
  • Options

A motivational poll for Labour activists!

Indeed so Mr64, and let’s hope there are many more of these ‘motivational polls’ to come :lol:
    I'm hoping for a great many character building polls for Labour - but I think there will have to be a lot of crossed fingers to get them. Lets all remember where we are and have another think next Saturday.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930

Hope not Hate deserve everything they get
  • Options
    Did Opinium get their sample from the one rejected by the BBC?
  • Options
    Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 49,311
    Opinium = clear outlier!! :lol:
  • Options

Minefield neatly summarised here!

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/wordofmouth/2013/jun/13/craft-beer-guide-beginners.

Good beer is good beer; but hard to find such excellent craft beers as Thornbridge on handpump. I have a bottle of their Black IPA put aside for MOTD later...

The Guardian is such a wanky website.
  • Options

Mr. Flightpath, or as a handicap during debates. Every outright lie = down a pint. Every dodgy statement = down half a pint.

This is why I end up so drunk in the pub! On halves I hasten to say.
    In truth (honest) I have to watch what I say as beyond 3 these days is a bit much. But real ale. I am not so sure about 'craft'. Best to play safe in an election year.

• Options
    frpenkridgefrpenkridge Posts: 670
    I'm thinking of changing my pb name to Boring Brown Bitter.
  • Options
    I am confident that Labour are ready to form 'a' government - this is what worries me. It would be a government that according to leaks to The Times would politicise the Civil Service.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    weejonnie said:

MP_SE said:

weejonnie said:

Do you mean low single-digit %ge of vote or low single digit number of seats.? They are reportedly concentrating their resources on 10 seats - but presumably this £1.3 million Express delivery means they can expand their horizons (as expenditure in each seat is limited).

It may be that the UKIP squeeze is blue kippers voting Tory in the marginals as, I think, the swing to Labour is less there than elsewhere.

weejonnie said:

MP_SE said:

weejonnie said:

Sorry for the confusion. I was being sarcastic. My sarcasm does not translate well in face to face conversations so I stand no chance over the internet lol. The last few polls have shown either no change or a slight uptick for the UKIP vote which is a good sign *fingers crossed*.

Providing the councillor was not in fear for his safety he has played right into HnH's hands and has slipped up. A group made up of soap dodgers can afford to behave like they are. Whilst anyone who intends to hold down a half decent job has to be on their best behaviour.
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,288
    Opinium:

Who will end up as PM?
    Cameron 46
    Miliband 27

Who will be largest party?
    Con 52
    Lab 33

• Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,650

Oh well!
    Best to ignore Guardian polls! Lol
  • Options
    WelshBertieWelshBertie Posts: 124

kle4 said:

JohnO said:

I must disagree. Leanne Wood is, as she is always keen to point out, from the Rhondda. And as such, would trounce Farage in a pint drinking contest, hell...even a boatrace should she feel like it. Us Rhondda folk take our quaffing abilities seriously.

• Options
    philiphphiliph Posts: 4,704

I am confident that Labour are ready to form 'a' government - this is what worries me. It would be a government that according to leaks to The Times would politicise the Civil Service.
    I saw that in the Times, politicise the civil service and gather more power for number 10. Two awful propositions.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,001
    isam said:

That seems a little harsh. I wouldn't take a swing at - for example - a Socialist Worker Party activist no matter how objectionable they were.
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    philiph said:

I saw that in the Times, politicise the civil service and gather more power for number 10. Two awful propositions.
    What was the Times story?
  • Options
    isam said:

It was however (based on the link) at one of their meetings.
  • Options
    HopiSenHopiSen Posts: 48
    kle4 said:

Part of a proud tradition in Australian politics. Bob Hawke held the world yard of ale record, and was still sculling beers well into his eighties..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5mBShX9fdU
  • Options

MP_SE said:

weejonnie said:

This is one of the requirements for greater efficiency of the Tory vote, and for the Lab most votes Con most seats bet to work, along with SLAB being slaughtered by the SNP.

It is not completely ridiculous, and Shadsy still has it as 25/1 I think.
    An interesting bet.

I was looking at Lord A's Doncaster North polling earlier on today and the Lab vote is up and UKIP's increase is at the expense of the Tories and Lib Dems. Which may suggest UKIP piles on votes in safe seats where people can afford to vote for them and in Lib/Lab/Con marginals they get squeezed.
  • Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,945
    rcs1000 said:

isam said:

That seems a little harsh. I wouldn't take a swing at - for example - a Socialist Worker Party activist no matter how objectionable they were.
    Whilst I agree with you on the idiocy of taking a swing at anyone, Hope Not Hate are far worse than any Socialist Workers I ever met. The latter are honest in their beliefs whilst the former are just a dishonest propaganda tool. Still no excuse to hit one though.
  • Options
    isam said:

These 72 year olds - well they can wield a mean Zimmer frame.

• Options
    Richard_TyndallRichard_Tyndall Posts: 30,945

kle4 said:

JohnO said:

I must disagree. Leanne Wood is, as she is always keen to point out, from the Rhondda. And as such, would trounce Farage in a pint drinking contest, hell...even a boatrace should she feel like it. Us Rhondda folk take our quaffing abilities seriously.

Hmm. Don't know about that. I drank a few of your boys under the table when I worked the bars at Cardiff University back in the 80s. Mind you your rugby team was doing poorly then as well so maybe the two were linked. Maybe the 80s Valley Boys had just gone soft for a while :-)

• Options
    edited April 2015
    Own up, which one of you is LVG?

This answer is straight out of PB

Henry Winter (@henrywinter)
    18/04/2015 19:44
    Van Gaal on whether #cfc will now win the league: "Yes. I said it a month ago."
  • Options
    weejonnie said:

isam said:

Normally I would expect the police to take details and release on bail. Why not this time? Is it just because he is a UKIP supporter?
  • Options
    trubluetrublue Posts: 103

The Labour campaign just seems to be banking on the hatred of the Tories, and there's still a lot of it out there judging by some of the comments on social media sites. We're almost certainly not winning a majority of any kind, the only question is can we get enough seats to stop EM from becoming PM? Even after the Labour rout in Scotland, it's still rated about a 50/50 chance who stays at/goes to number 10. That's pretty disappointing to say the least, and shows what kind of mountain we needed to climb to ever have a chance of winning a majority in the first place.

Given that 20% of the vote at the last election was cast by postal vote, and more than 34% up North, we have to remember that voting has already started. So if the Conservative campaign is right and we do get a late swing it is not going to have a dramatic effect on the outcome of the election. We need these polls to start showing big leads consistently now as the votes to start going out in the mail.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

isam said:

72yr old assailant! Assault now days probably equals a poke with a walking stick
  • Options
    GrandioseGrandiose Posts: 2,323
    weejonnie said:

weejonnie said:

isam said:

Normally I would expect the police to take details and release on bail. Why not this time? Is it just because he is a UKIP supporter?
    I very much doubt they're holding a 72-year-old councillor in custody over an assault charge...
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    HnH are a vile organisation. If UKIP disappeared they will no doubt turn their attention to the Tories.

No comment:

https://twitter.com/lowles_nick/status/589500261871267840
  • Options
    Tony_M said:

I did win a 3 legged pubcrawl round 8 Youngs pubs when at med school with the ladies boat club captain. 8 pints and 8 halves in 24 minutes over a one mile course. Male pride being what it is; I insisted on doing all the pints! My partner was Welsh and carried on drinking at the end...
  • Options
    No ComRes tonight people.
  • Options

kle4 said:

From the header:

*turns over page*

"out to be utter bollocks"

• Options
    edited April 2015

Tony_M said:

I did win a 3 legged pubcrawl round 8 Youngs pubs when at med school with the ladies boat club captain. 8 pints and 8 halves in 24 minutes over a one mile course. Male pride being what it is; I insisted on doing all the pints! My partner was Welsh and carried on drinking at the end...

It's all coming out tonight ....

And that night too by the sound of it .... :smiley:

• Options
    RobD said:

philiph said:

About Miliband preparing for government.
  • Options
    Grandiose said:

weejonnie said:

weejonnie said:

isam said:

I very much doubt they're holding a 72-year-old councillor in custody over an assault charge...
    Well a 72 year old is in custody - the inference is that he is the councillor. RTFA
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,967
    philiph said:

RobD said:

philiph said:

Oh, I meant the specifics. I'm to cheap to pay for it ;)
  • Options
    trublue said:

The Labour campaign just seems to be banking on the hatred of the Tories, and there's still a lot of it out there judging by some of the comments on social media sites. We're almost certainly not winning a majority of any kind, the only question is can we get enough seats to stop EM from becoming PM? Even after the Labour rout in Scotland, it's still rated about a 50/50 chance who stays at/goes to number 10. That's pretty disappointing to say the least, and shows what kind of mountain we needed to climb to ever have a chance of winning a majority in the first place.

Given that 20% of the vote at the last election was cast by postal vote, and more than 34% up North, we have to remember that voting has already started. So if the Conservative campaign is right and we do get a late swing it is not going to have a dramatic effect on the outcome of the election. We need these polls to start showing big leads consistently now as the votes to start going out in the mail.
    I wouldn't be too worried about the Social Media websites - that's the chateratti of Islington speaking - the champagne socialists, not the Traditional Labour supporters.
  • Options

Tony_M said:

Impressive!

Was never too good myself at large quantities of ale. I did however manage a 17 minute optic run, (waiting for a cab to take us to the next pub) the day we won the World Cup. Jonny made me very, very poorly that day...
  • Options
    RobD said:

philiph said:

Amongst other things we apparently need an emergency budget (50p tax and fek the non-doms off), but the Treasury would be effectively controlled by No10 (along with everybody else) via ahem, 'transparency'.
  • Options
    Tony_M said:

Tony_M said:

Impressive!

Was never too good myself at large quantities of ale. I did however manage a 17 minute optic run, (waiting for a cab to take us to the next pub) the day we won the World Cup. Jonny made me very, very poorly that day...

I did feel a bit rough that night; and no way that I could manage it now.

Med schools have suppressed such beery activities now. Its political correctness gone sane!

Perhaps downing a pint in under ten could become one of the point scoring criteria in Farages Australian style points system. It may not keep out the Poles or Czechs, but may keep out some of the riff raff!

• Options
    edited April 2015
    RobD said:

philiph said:

RobD said:

philiph said:

Oh, I meant the specifics. I'm to cheap to pay for it ;)
    And I'm to antiquated to recollect detail!

It was expanding those themes as his intention to make a secure bunker for himself, unassailable to human intervention or common sense.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    marke09 said:

2% of Welsh voters are going to vote BNP???

That would be quite an achievement since the BNP don't have any candidates in Wales.

They're standing 8 candidates this time compared to 338 in 2010: Boston, Braintree, Charnwood, Dagenham, Hornchurch, Kingswood, Old Bexley, Rotherham.
  • Options

Tony_M said:

Tony_M said:

Impressive!

Med schools have suppressed such beery activities now. Its political correctness gone sane!

Perhaps downing a pint in under ten could become one of the point scoring criteria in Farages Australian style points system. It may not keep out the Poles or Czechs, but may keep out some of the riff raff!

Doubt it. They'll just come down the M6 ;-)
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    Ed cannot even eat a bacon buttie properly, never mind hold a pint correct or even down it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4YvR22delc
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 31,995

Ed cannot even eat a bacon buttie properly, never mind hold a pint correct or even down it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4YvR22delc

Queen Anne is dead, too.
  • Options
    welshowlwelshowl Posts: 4,460

kle4 said:

JohnO said:

Hmm. Don't know about that. I drank a few of your boys under the table when I worked the bars at Cardiff University back in the 80s. Mind you your rugby team was doing poorly then as well so maybe the two were linked. Maybe the 80s Valley Boys had just gone soft for a while :-)

Do you recall "Drink the Dyfed dry" of the early 80's student union?? Ah Halcyon afternoons and evenings in the Gwent. Got a bit pissed one lunchtime and ended up in Paris the next morning... Oh to be 19 again.
  • Options
    SMukeshSMukesh Posts: 1,650
    Based on this poll on a uniform swing,Labour will gain 40 seats from the Tories and 8 from the Libs and if they lose 30 to the SNP,they will still end up with 276.
  • Options
    I'm honestly suspicious of any man over the age of 18 who has never necked a pint in under 15 seconds at least once, even as a dare/bet. It is a right of passage for any man. To not have done it is quite telling.
  • Options
    SMukesh said:

Based on this poll on a uniform swing,Labour will gain 40 seats from the Tories and 8 from the Libs and if they lose 30 to the SNP,they will still end up with 276.

Do you really believe that SLAB will have 13 seats!

LOL
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    (duplicate)
  • Options
    No sign of Opinium on the Guardian website yet
  • Options
    Tony_M said:

Tony_M said:

Tony_M said:

Impressive!

I live with two med students. I encourage them to drink. I'm playing the long game, because "an alcoholic is a man who drinks more than his doctor".

This discussion has been closed.