Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » After this week’s “pollercoaster” now YOU predict the elect

1235»

Comments

• Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,962

http://www.standard.co.uk/business/media/roy-greenslade-ukips-a-laughing-stock-after-sense-of-humour-failure-over-channel-4-spoof-10054030.html

"For a man who laughs a lot and heads a political party that regularly provides us with moments of high farce — immigrants cause traffic jams and gays cause flooding — Farage appears to suffer from a comedy bypass.

He also fails to appreciate that every political party, and every party leader, going back to the groundbreaking That Was The Week That Was, has had to endure ridicule on TV. It goes with the territory.

I am hoping Ofcom doesn’t respond to pressure to launch an investigation to establish whether the programme breached broadcasting regulations. Channel 4 has already contended that it did not, but it would, wouldn’t it?

It would be lamentable if the regulator treated the complaints seriously. It was a mockumentary and was billed as such."

As others have pointed out there was no attempt at comedy it was a brazen smear job predicated on intentionally distorted interpretations.

The enormous irony of it is that the director Chris Atkins is up in court on Friday for a massive (2.5 million) Tax Fraud (when Miliband is banging on about the immorality of tax evasion). Hopefully Atkins next mockumentary will be entitled.

"Pentonville: My first 100 days inside"

Now that would be funny.......

http://www.hamhigh.co.uk/news/crime-court/hampstead_journalist_who_exposed_wrongdoing_to_stand_trial_over_alleged_2_5million_tax_scam_1_3342073

PS And using an article by one of the usual suspects is hardly surprising
    A team of forensic accountants have been enlisted to trawl through information relevant to the case.

I'm imagining a scene from CSI where there are close ups of the biros and calculators in the accountant's office.
  • Options
    FlightpathFlightpath Posts: 4,012

TSE, an update on the Chelsea fans on the Metro:

As I said the European away trips have become a sort of old boys jolly up where the worst of the hooligans from the 80's meet up, including those now living in the Far East. I have dug around some Chelsea sites and it seems that the away trips also seem to be getting infested with more and more idiots, a lot of them quite young.

I've been told that an old Chelsea 'face', a guy named Black Willie, was interviewed by Channel 4 at St Pancras on the way home and it will be shown on the news at 7pm, be interesting to see what he has to say.

Sorry, it was 1982 when Paul Canoville made his debut.
    Funny (peculiar) how they now feel it's openly OK to flaunt racism after all these years.
  • Options
    ArtistArtist Posts: 1,882
    edited February 2015
    I wonder if the recent talk of UKIP winning Castle Point and Rochester & Strood is linked to the Ashcroft polling. It'd be good to see figures for seats like North Thanet, Folkestone, S Basildon + E Thurrock etc.
  • Options

TSE, an update on the Chelsea fans on the Metro:

As I said the European away trips have become a sort of old boys jolly up where the worst of the hooligans from the 80's meet up, including those now living in the Far East. I have dug around some Chelsea sites and it seems that the away trips also seem to be getting infested with more and more idiots, a lot of them quite young.

I've been told that an old Chelsea 'face', a guy named Black Willie, was interviewed by Channel 4 at St Pancras on the way home and it will be shown on the news at 7pm, be interesting to see what he has to say.

Sorry, it was 1982 when Paul Canoville made his debut.
    Funny (peculiar) how they now feel it's openly OK to flaunt racism after all these years.
    Yes I have seen that link made elsewhere
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 53,960
    @Paul,

I bow to no one in my pessimism about libdem seats at the election, and have been a consistent seller on the exchanges. But reading the Ashcroft question, I have little doubt that the vast majority of respondents will have understood the question correctly.
  • Options
    Dair said:

Scottish Conservative & Unionist PPB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd1_lYAmnm4&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop

Very direct - also handles Ruth Davidson's sexuality in a very adult manner - its there, but its not an issue - a less brave politician would have ducked it.

She comes across as genuine and has a good message but the make up and lighting are fucking shocking. She ends up looking like a troll with an alcohol problem.
    As far as I can see this is at least twice you have effed and blinded on this thread alone. Can you desist? I'm sure we all have feet of clay but I try to reserve my falls from grace for cup semi finals.
  • Options
    If the Lib-Dems go into opposition after the election I reckon it will take them three weeks to forget they were in government with the Tories - just after the electorate have forgotten.
  • Options
    Artist said:

I wonder if the recent talk of UKIP winning Castle Point and Rochester & Strood is linked to the Ashcroft polling. It'd be good to see figures for seats like North Thanet, Folkestone, S Basildon + E Thurrock etc.

Earlier today Lord Ashcroft tweeted that he was in a good mood for no reason. That may or may not be connected to the constituency polling, and even if it is it's not immediately apparent what type of constituency polling would put Lord Ashcroft in a good mood, given that he is a Conservative but one who seems not particularly happy with the current leadership.
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245
    Dair said:

Even the graffiti says Scottish Labour is fucked.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B-JFzwkCQAEXeh2.jpg

Why has it been written in jockney? Sad no?
  • Options

Pulpstar said:

BILL97 0 0 0 0 0 53
    MikeK 6 2 0 604 1 19
    Warren Swan 29 28 6 24 7 4
    trev bevan 29 37 10 8 10 6
    Joshua Dixon 31 31 14 13 5 5
    Pete Garrard 32 37 6 14 4 3
    richard prew 34 32 10 11 6 7
    Matthew Duddy 35 29 10 10 5 3
    Theo Barclay 35 33 8 12 6 6
    Mr_James 36 36 12 8 4 2
    barry clark 39 27 7 8 2 14

Are all vote share predictions screwing up the averages. I assume Bill97 is counting on a "Respect" surge - which is no more ludicrous than MikeK's prediction.

It says "Seats" in big letters!
    These mistake ought to be illuminating since experienced punters and political observers have made them. Where does this leave the general public and opinion polls?
  • Options
    @Survation: **POLL ALERT** 77 days until the General Election - New Scottish Westminster and Holyrood voting intention for @Daily_Record coming at 10pm
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,006

Someone, I cant' remember who, a few days ago pointed out that people, in response to the second question, might have stated who they would vote for in local ie council elections.

You can look at where they do best and worst on the second question boost. Many seats where they get very little boost have council results very far above the Lib Dem average, so it's probably instead due to the end of incumbency, as in Somerton and Frome, Taunton Deane, Portsmouth, Oxford West, or Harrogate, while the exact opposite is true for strong candidates in Torbay and Bermondsey. This is why I don't think the local election critique is sound.
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    antifrank said:

Artist said:

Earlier today Lord Ashcroft tweeted that he was in a good mood for no reason. That may or may not be connected to the constituency polling, and even if it is it's not immediately apparent what type of constituency polling would put Lord Ashcroft in a good mood, given that he is a Conservative but one who seems not particularly happy with the current leadership.
    I don't think Ashcroft's comments mean anything really. He always just throws out comments like that ahead of constituency polling just to drum up attention, lol.
  • Options
    antifrank said:

Artist said:

Why else is he running these polls?
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    Is there any indication of the constituencies being polled?

Has he revisited Bedford?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,925

@Survation: **POLL ALERT** 77 days until the General Election - New Scottish Westminster and Holyrood voting intention for @Daily_Record coming at 10pm

antifrank said:

Lord Ashcroft ‏@LordAshcroft · 2m2 minutes ago
    My next constituency polls will be released tomorrow at 11am. Sign up at Lord Ashcroft Polls to get results by email. http://Lordashcroftpolls.com

Blimey.
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,815
    #pollwatch
  • Options
    Slugger O Toole has Bedford down as a Lib Dem gain...
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 116,989
    New Quinnipiac numbers for the general election in Iowa, Colorado and Virginia shows Hillary ahead in Colorado and Iowa and tied with Bush in Virginia with Paul close behind. Paul and Walker do best in Colorado, Huckabee and Paul in Iowa
    http://www.quinnipiac.edu/images/polling/sw/sw202182015_S2n59fx.pdf
  • Options
    The last three Survation Scottish polls have had the SNP at 46, 48, 46 and Labour at 24, 24, 26. This is the first poll we've had where we'll be able to judge where the more favourable figures from TNS-BRMB for Labour represent a real improvement in their position or just a difference in methodology.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    antifrank said:

The last three Survation Scottish polls have had the SNP at 46, 48, 46 and Labour at 24, 24, 26. This is the first poll we've had where we'll be able to judge where the more favourable figures from TNS-BRMB for Labour represent a real improvement in their position or just a difference in methodology.

I'm willing to stake a large amount of money (and in fact have done so) that TNS-BRMB is solely down to methodology.
  • Options
    Incidentally SLab have got themselves in all sotrs of bother over the NHS in Scotland. Put together a series of videos and press releases based on completely misreading that statistics.

Everything already been taken down.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    antifrank said:

Artist said:

He was in a good mood imagining the tizz his tweet would put people like Mike into as they over-interpret his cryptic musing.

The man's just an attention-whore
  • Options
    antifrank The first batch of Ashcroft's Scottish seat polls were all areas which had voted Yes in the referendum or had an above average Yes vote. So you would expect the SNP to be doing slightly less well in this batch where many will have been in areas which voted No than the last batch where all but 1 had an SNP lead
  • Options

If the Lib-Dems go into opposition after the election I reckon it will take them three weeks to forget they were in government with the Tories - just after the electorate have forgotten.

Until the next election, when they will be demanding PR and saying that coalitions are the fairest form of government.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

antifrank The first batch of Ashcroft's Scottish seat polls were all areas which had voted Yes in the referendum or had an above average Yes vote. So you would expect the SNP to be doing slightly less well in this batch where many will have been in areas which voted No than the last batch where all but 1 had an SNP lead

You've got the polls mixed up, Ashcroft's constituency polling isn't the 2nd half of his Scottish polling.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,046

Don't agree with that. I don't buy the myth that the British electorate have short attention spans about politics in the same way they do regarding celebrities. A celeb can go from national treasure to disgrace to successful rehab in about 6 months but look at all the people who refuse to vote Tory because of what Mrs Thatcher did 30 years ago. The Lib Dems can recover in time so long as they abandon Cleggism and get back to their roots - Lloyd George, Keynes, Beveridge, Jenkins.
  • Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548
    Re the Greenslade UKIP-laughing-stock story, I'm surprised none of the brighter kippers have pointed out that it's in the E.Standard so only distributed in London - hardly a place you're expecting to get many votes and certainly not seats.

I just happened to see it on a google news page and thought I'd post it to a) tease iSam out (Pulpstar said you were banned earlier and I still haven't checked if you'd come back before I did), b) to see if anyone would spot the London thing, c) see how many good-humoured responses I got.

I didn't see the show so only know what others have told me about it which is generally poor. I though it was bad form for a partly license funded broadcaster to pick on a single party like that, especially so close to an election.

I think they should be forced to use the same budget to produce equally negative what-if-mockumentaries about all the other main parties to balance this out.

What say kippers now?
  • Options

Don't agree with that. I don't buy the myth that the British electorate have short attention spans about politics in the same way they do regarding celebrities. A celeb can go from national treasure to disgrace to successful rehab in about 6 months but look at all the people who refuse to vote Tory because of what Mrs Thatcher did 30 years ago. The Lib Dems can recover in time so long as they abandon Cleggism and get back to their roots - Lloyd George, Keynes, Beveridge, Jenkins.
    I don't think most voters memory span goes back that far............

• Options
    Pulpstar We will see, he did say he was going to do another batch, if it is just English seats tomorrow so be it, for Scotland we will have to see the Record then
  • Options
    Hengists_GiftHengists_Gift Posts: 628
    edited February 2015

Re the Greenslade UKIP-laughing-stock story, I'm surprised none of the brighter kippers have pointed out that it's in the E.Standard so only distributed in London - hardly a place you're expecting to get many votes and certainly not seats.

I just happened to see it on a google news page and thought I'd post it to a) tease iSam out (Pulpstar said you were banned earlier and I still haven't checked if you'd come back before I did), b) to see if anyone would spot the London thing, c) see how many good-humoured responses I got.

I didn't see the show so only know what others have told me about it which is generally poor. I though it was bad form for a partly license funded broadcaster to pick on a single party like that, especially so close to an election.

I think they should be forced to use the same budget to produce equally negative what-if-mockumentaries about all the other main parties to balance this out.

What say kippers now?

I think any such 'humour', whatever party it targets, should not be allowed within 6 months of the election now we have fixed term Parliaments. As for Channel 4? It should be sold off to News International. That should keep the Islington / Primrose Hill sets frothing for a couple of years or so.
  • Options
    Just watched the Scottish Conservative Broadcast - Ruth Davidson seems like a very genuine person & politician.
  • Options

Like in the days of Jo Grimond?

• Options

What say kippers now?

I haven't commented on this since the programme. I still maintain the position I held before and the one that UKIP have adopted officially which is that, whilst they may not like it, it is all part of the rough and tumble of politics.

I do think Greenslade is making a mockery of his supposed expertise by claiming the programme was normal 'ridicule' when the timing makes it clear it is designed as an attempt to vilify the party ahead of the election campaign. Anyone who saw it (and that has included those who are normally antipathetic to UKIP) are agreed on that point. But really that is just Greenslade making himself look stupid and is not a comment on the programme itself.

Actually ignoring the politics I love alternative history/fictional future programmes like this so am certainly not going to sit here and say I didn't enjoy it.

I see this in the same light as the excellent 'A Very British Coup' but spoilt by being so over the top in its overt attacks and so lacking the subtlety and cleverness of that programme.

I would love your idea about doing the same thing for the other parties but only because I love the genre, not for any supposed reasons of balance.
  • Options
    EPGEPG Posts: 6,006

I think any such 'humour', whatever party it targets, should not be allowed within 6 months of the election now we have fixed term Parliaments. As for Channel 4? It should be sold off to News International. That should keep the Islington / Primrose Hill sets frothing for a couple of years or so.

So no bias allowed, except that the TV station should be sold to a rich businessman who decides editorial policy based on which politicians he likes.
  • Options

Like in the days of Jo Grimond?

Gladstone :)
  • Options
    MP_SEMP_SE Posts: 3,642

My next constituency polls will be released tomorrow at 11am. Sign up at Lord Ashcroft Polls to get results by email. http://t.co/spZi5Rjj2Y

— Lord Ashcroft (@LordAshcroft) February 18, 2015
    So they will be released at 11pm like last time.

Can't believe I was away from my computer and missed out on those juicy Scottish constituency polls.

Hopefully he hasn't polled any UKIP target seats as I am still to place a number of bets.
  • Options
    Hengists_GiftHengists_Gift Posts: 628
    edited February 2015
    EPG said:

So no bias allowed, except that the TV station should be sold to a rich businessman who decides editorial policy based on which politicians he likes.
    The two comments were not linked....

The serious idea was that there should be no bias allowed on any TV station in the 6 months up to the election.

The suggestion about Channel 4 was pure mischief based on the overt political bias presently entrenched in Channel 4.

I will try to make it clearer for you next time.
  • Options
    MP_SE said:

My next constituency polls will be released tomorrow at 11am. Sign up at Lord Ashcroft Polls to get results by email. http://t.co/spZi5Rjj2Y

— Lord Ashcroft (@LordAshcroft) February 18, 2015
    So they will be released at 11pm like last time.

Can't believe I was away from my computer and missed out on those juicy Scottish constituency polls.

Hopefully he hasn't polled any UKIP target seats as I am still to place a number of bets.

That poll and the Coral over-reaction the next day was the most I've ever plonked down betting in a 2 day period.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    edited February 2015
    Greenslade - a well known Republican IRA sympathiser - hates the Union Jack, the pound, the UK, the royal family etc etc etc. A good enemy to have for Ukip.
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,836

What say kippers now?

I haven't commented on this since the programme. I still maintain the position I held before and the one that UKIP have adopted officially which is that, whilst they may not like it, it is all part of the rough and tumble of politics.

I do think Greenslade is making a mockery of his supposed expertise by claiming the programme was normal 'ridicule' when the timing makes it clear it is designed as an attempt to vilify the party ahead of the election campaign. Anyone who saw it (and that has included those who are normally antipathetic to UKIP) are agreed on that point. But really that is just Greenslade making himself look stupid and is not a comment on the programme itself.

Actually ignoring the politics I love alternative history/fictional future programmes like this so am certainly not going to sit here and say I didn't enjoy it.

I see this in the same light as the excellent 'A Very British Coup' but spoilt by being so over the top in its overt attacks and so lacking the subtlety and cleverness of that programme.

I would love your idea about doing the same thing for the other parties but only because I love the genre, not for any supposed reasons of balance.
    That's why I so enjoyed Anthony Wells' novel about Enoch Powell becoming PM, but that was far better don than this programme.
  • Options
    Still away in France, see ogh is still tweeting in angst at the tory most seats odds not working his way.. yet...
  • Options
    MortimerMortimer Posts: 13,942

taffys said:

Instead of wibbling on about Ed's tax arrangements, the tories should be extolling the incredible job they have done on jobs.

Britain is a giant ZERO-HOURS CONTRACT jobs powerhouse.

Corrected it for you :)

I'm a sucker for playing along with such nonsense assertions from lefties; the growth in employment is across the board, and zero hours contracts make up a very small element of overall employment.

BUT, that aside, would you rather people on the dole (with implications for their mental health and the state's wealth) than in a zero hours contract job?

Back to cooking the most boozy cottage pie of 2015, at least in this house....
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,922

What say kippers now?

I only replied to see if I was able to post!

I only watched 5mins of it, I just honestly didn't realise it was supposed to be funny

Of course it's bad form , but on the other hand it's the kind of thing that gets ukip inclined voters onside
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,922
    Maybe Ashcrofts poll is the one Mike the referred to on the earlier thread??

Or would he have sussed it was a comstituency poll?
  • Options
    DairDair Posts: 6,108
    Pulpstar said:

Just watched the Scottish Conservative Broadcast - Ruth Davidson seems like a very genuine person & politician.

So was Anabel Goldie.

It made not one jot of difference.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    It's good to see that we have another Ashcroft constituency poll out.
    On the "UKIP the first 100 days" my opinion is very clear on that, it was like a parody of a disaster film, or like a godzilla movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps7syPPy8Vg
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    isam said:

If OGH was asked the regular 2-tier question then yes it was Ashcroft.
  • Options
    Speedy said:

isam said:

If OGH was asked the regular 2-tier question then yes it was Ashcroft.
    It wasn't. The poll format was not one that I recognise.

• Options
    Many years ago I saw a godzilla-type film in which a monster rose from the sea to attack the USA. A nuclear attack was suggested but the general rejected the idea, saying, "it was too dangerous in a built-up area".
  • Options
    asjohnstoneasjohnstone Posts: 1,276
    Nicola S tweeting about tonights poll, I presume this means it's a strong result for the SNP
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    When is the deadline for making our predictions?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

@Paul,

I bow to no one in my pessimism about libdem seats at the election, and have been a consistent seller on the exchanges. But reading the Ashcroft question, I have little doubt that the vast majority of respondents will have understood the question correctly.

Does your Dad refer to you as a "denier" as he does me when I have the temerity to suggest that the LibDem's tally of seats at the GE will be nearer 20 than 30?
  • Options

Back to the Churchill days - we will fight them on the beaches ........
  • Options
    frpenkridgefrpenkridge Posts: 670
    edited February 2015
    Lloyd George, Keynes, Beveridge, Jenkins: Your lads took one hell of a beating.
  • Options

And indeed the millions who voted for Margaret Thatcher again and again and again precisely because of what she achieved, ensuring that the Tories continued in Government for 18 straight years.
  • Options

Many years ago I saw a godzilla-type film in which a monster rose from the sea to attack the USA. A nuclear attack was suggested but the general rejected the idea, saying, "it was too dangerous in a built-up area".

You could quote every line in 'Plan 9 From Outer Space', but the bit I like best is where the puzzled policeman scratches his forehead with the muzzle of his pistol.
    Having said that one of the best genuine funny moments in any film is in the biopic of Ed Wood Jnr where he bumps into Orson Wells in a late night bar (like you do) and they both bemoan the problems of the studios funding their films.
  • Options
    THE SNP are set to pick up dozens of seats in May’s General Election, according to a dramatic new poll for the Daily Record.

We can reveal Scottish Labour leader Jim Murphy has made little progress in his battle to win back support from Nicola Sturgeon’s party and help evict the Tories from Downing Street. And election experts have warned the collapse of the Labour vote in Scotland could cost leader
    Ed Miliband the chance to form a UK Government.

The poll of 1011 Scots was carried out by research consultants Survation between February 12 and February 17.

It revealed only a marginal narrowing in the SNP’s massive lead in the polls over Labour.

Forty-five per cent of Scots now plan to vote SNP on May 7, down one point from our last poll in January. Support for Labour rose two points to 28 per cent.

The Tories rose one point to 15 per cent and the Lib Dems dropped two points to a humiliating five per cent.

If our results were repeated in the actual vote, the SNP would win 47 seats and Labour 10.

The Lib Dems would lose all but one of their 11 Scots MPs and the Tories would keep their solitaryScottish MP.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/revealed-daily-record-poll-shows-5187551
  • Options
    Holyrood Constituency Voting Intention (change from January Daily Record poll):
    SNP 48% (-2); LAB 28% (+2); CON 13% (+1); LD 5% (-1); OTHER 7% (+1)

Holyrood List Voting Intention (change from January Daily Record poll):
    SNP 39% (0); LAB 22% (-1); CON 12% (-2); GREEN 13% (+3); LD 7% (-1); UKIP 7% (+1); OTHER 1% (0)
  • Options
    Ouch

Despite the unpopularity of the Tories, Scots would rather have David Cameron in the top job than Miliband.

Nineteen per cent think Miliband would make the best Prime Minister, compared to 23 per cent for Cameron, six per cent for UKIP’s Nigel Farage and five per cent for Nick Clegg.

Even among Labour supporters, only 46 per cent think Miliband would be the best PM.
  • Options
    Since the start of November, there has been no movement in Scottish National polls by individual companies beyond MoE.
  • Options

THE SNP are set to pick up dozens of seats in May’s General Election, according to a dramatic new poll for the Daily Record.

We can reveal Scottish Labour leader Jim Murphy has made little progress in his battle to win back support from Nicola Sturgeon’s party and help evict the Tories from Downing Street. And election experts have warned the collapse of the Labour vote in Scotland could cost leader
    Ed Miliband the chance to form a UK Government.

The poll of 1011 Scots was carried out by research consultants Survation between February 12 and February 17.

It revealed only a marginal narrowing in the SNP’s massive lead in the polls over Labour.

Forty-five per cent of Scots now plan to vote SNP on May 7, down one point from our last poll in January. Support for Labour rose two points to 28 per cent.

The Tories rose one point to 15 per cent and the Lib Dems dropped two points to a humiliating five per cent.

If our results were repeated in the actual vote, the SNP would win 47 seats and Labour 10.

The Lib Dems would lose all but one of their 11 Scots MPs and the Tories would keep their solitaryScottish MP.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/revealed-daily-record-poll-shows-5187551

Good poll for the Nats... and my bets.
  • Options
    Good news for Labour as they achieve a monstrous 4 point swing against the SNP
  • Options

SNP 39% (0); LAB 22% (-1); CON 12% (-2); GREEN 13% (+3); LD 7% (-1); UKIP 7% (+1); OTHER 1% (0)

Good to see the message "Constituency SNP, List Green" is continuing to demonstrate popular support.
  • Options
    Dair said:

Good to see the message "Constituency SNP, List Green" is continuing to demonstrate popular support.
    Genuinely surprised that the message seems to be working.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    It's actually just a 1.5% swing from SNP to Labour compared with the January poll.
  • Options
    edited February 2015
    justin124 said:

It's actually just a 1.5% swing from SNP to Labour compared with the January poll.

Indeed, no idea why I was thinking 4 point swing there. Still that's the SNP totally smashed and all my bets in tatters.
  • Options
    The swing could just be MoE.
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

The swing could just be MoE.

I may have been being slightly less than serious.
  • Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527
    I can still see Labour managing 35% in Scotland in May.
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    This is a very nicely done cartoon, but what is this "Wiltons" place?

I suspect I'm fortunate to rejoice in a sound peasant ancestry.
  • Options
    saddenedsaddened Posts: 2,245

Ouch

Despite the unpopularity of the Tories, Scots would rather have David Cameron in the top job than Miliband.

Nineteen per cent think Miliband would make the best Prime Minister, compared to 23 per cent for Cameron, six per cent for UKIP’s Nigel Farage and five per cent for Nick Clegg.

Even among Labour supporters, only 46 per cent think Miliband would be the best PM.

That is an incredible finding. A Tory toff more popular than the horny handed son of toil Ed. Scotland is going to hand Ed, a kickingof bbiblical proportions.
  • Options
    Alistair said:

Dair said:

This will wipe the Liberals out. Maybe they can hang on to one of Orkney or Zetland, we'll see based on Carmichael's survival but it;s gonna kill them stone dead on the list.
  • Options
    Dair said:

Alistair said:

Dair said:

This will wipe the Liberals out. Maybe they can hang on to one of Orkney or Zetland, we'll see based on Carmichael's survival but it;s gonna kill them stone dead on the list.
    Rockall perhaps.
  • Options
    New Thread
  • Options
    MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    edited February 2015
    I passionately share Scotland's contempt for EdM. From a despicable generation of politicians, he's the most insupportable.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

I can still see Labour managing 35% in Scotland in May.

I cant. SNP will win big
  • Options
    saddened said:

Ouch

That is an incredible finding. A Tory toff more popular than the horny handed son of toil Ed. Scotland is going to hand Ed, a kickingof bbiblical proportions.
    Please never mention 'horny' and 'Ed' in the same sentence again.
  • Options
    chestnutchestnut Posts: 7,341
    edited February 2015
    Labour need 30+ gains (E+W) to stand still, UK wise.

Lib Dems under 25?
  • Options
    saddened said:

Ouch

That is an incredible finding. A Tory toff more popular than the horny handed son of toil Ed. Scotland is going to hand Ed, a kicking of biblical proportions.
    Hang on a minute he is a Cameron. His dad was born in Scotland. His father was named Ian Donald, his grandfather Donald Ewan. How Scottish is that? He was wrapped in a tartan rug as a baby.
    http://www.zazzle.co.uk/mouse_pad_cameron_of_erracht_ancient_tartan_print-144922878113168875

Admittedly on his mothers side he is Welsh.
This discussion has been closed.