Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If the Betfair exchange is anything to go by it will be a g

SystemSystem Posts: 11,700
edited November 2014 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » If the Betfair exchange is anything to go by it will be a good night for the Republicans in the MidTerms

Betfair exchange punters rate the the Republicans chances of winning Senate in today's midterms at 85% pic.twitter.com/H2Qk4snAPG

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Tim_BTim_B Posts: 7,669
    first?
  • Options
    GeoffMGeoffM Posts: 6,071
    edited November 2014
    Second!

(like Obama's Democrats tonight)
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 58,989
    Second?
  • Options
    Darn it!
  • Options
    Isn't it often a good night at the mid-terms for the party that doesn't have the presidency?

Or is this especially good?
  • Options
    SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322
    The GOP should win but the markets have moved so much there is value in the Democrats right now.
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,986
    Seventh, though I doubt Real will bother to get out of first tonight.
  • Options

Isn't it often a good night at the mid-terms for the party that doesn't have the presidency?

It's supposed to be good for the GOP, but not a 'wave' (so called because the party sweeps all before it I guess). In particular the Democrats may take a few Republican Governorships as a consolation prize.
    It's also expected that the Republicans may not push as far as in the past because that was unpopular and there aren't as many Tea Party (= UKIP?) Republicans as previously.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,894
    I read that a Senate majority was more likely than not for GOP tonight but Democrats were likely to regain the Senate in 2016.

Any idea if this is likely?
  • Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,311
    RobD said:

Darn it!

Rob - did you see my post on the previous thread?

You need to reset the calculation of the party and lead averages on your graph so it is still to two decimal places - it can't be right that these are now to the nearest whole number.

But the change to no decimals on the list of polls is of course sensible.

• Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737
    Presumably the market may not be settled until any of the runoffs are completed, if they are critical to the overall outcome?

I'd always thought that the jungle primary took place in advance of the usual Election Day, but confusingly...not!
  • Options

I read that a Senate majority was more likely than not for GOP tonight but Democrats were likely to regain the Senate in 2016.

Depends on the size of the win tonight, but I think it is very likely. The GOP will probably get about 52 seats tonight, but they are defending a whole bunch of Obama states in 2016, and on a presidential year (where the electorate is younger and browner than in midterms).
  • Options
    Just added a Gallup chart showing lack of interest in the elcections
  • Options

This year is almost perfect for the GOP. 2016 looks the same for the democrats.
  • Options
    Mr. Song, cheers.
  • Options
    MikeL said:

RobD said:

Darn it!

You need to reset the calculation of the party and lead averages on your graph so it is still to two decimal places - it can't be right that these are now to the nearest whole number.

Oh the average vales are now quantized? I thought the calculation would be the same, it would just display fewer decimals? Unless you are using the hidden cells and want them to show decimals?

On a train right now (and a plane soon - prepare for crossover!), so won't be able to change it for a bit. Hope you enjoyed the greens being added :)
  • Options
    Norm Ormstein points out that the idea the GOP has picked moderates this year isn't entirely accurate:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/11/when-conspiracy-theories-dont-fit-the-media-narrative-midterm-election-tom-cotton-joni-ernst/382209/
  • Options
    Scott_PScott_P Posts: 51,453
    Tim_B said:

first?

Unlike the Cowboys...
  • Options
    @RobD - are you leaving on a jet plane?

I always said that song would take off
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

Darn it!

Oh the average vales are now quantized? I thought the calculation would be the same, it would just display fewer decimals? Unless you are using the hidden cells and want them to show decimals?

On a train right now (and a plane soon - prepare for crossover!), so won't be able to change it for a bit. Hope you enjoyed the greens being added :)
    I'm not using hidden cells - I've no idea what they even are.

I'm just looking at the two main graphs. When you put your cursor on the average "blobs" it gives the average. This used to be to two decimal places - it is now just a whole number.

Surely this is the whole purpose of the exercise - to see what the average is for each party and the average lead. But we now just get these to a whole number - which is almost meaningless as we could work that out in our heads anyway without going to the trouble of you doing all this work!
  • Options
    CNN will have exit polls at 5.
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Yep, but unlike Mr Denver, I have a carefully planned itinerary and know when I will be returning!
  • Options
    MikeL said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

Darn it!

I'm just looking at the two main graphs. When you put your cursor on the average "blobs" it gives the average. This used to be to two decimal places - it is now just a whole number.

Surely this is the whole purpose of the exercise - to see what the average is for each party and the average lead. But we now just get these to a whole number - which is almost meaningless as we could work that out in our heads anyway without going to the trouble of you doing all this work!
    Okay I'll be sure to look into that!! It was an unintended consequence of making the table look neater. I can make the averages on another table too, if you'd like?
  • Options
    RobD said:

Tim_B said:

Yep, but unlike Mr Denver, I have a carefully planned itinerary and know when I will be returning!
    I occasionally serve as a floor director for GPB TV during fundraising. Got there one day and in the production meeting glanced at the show sheet, which said guest - Yarrow.

Didn't give it a thought until he turned up - it was Peter as in Paul and Mary.

After the show he asked if we were in a rush to leave, we turned down the studio lights, and we had a sing song. At the end he played Leaving on a jet plane a second time as I'd told him I like it.
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Tim_B said:

first?

Unlike the Cowboys...
    Look carefully at my pic....
  • Options
    RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

Darn it!

Okay I'll be sure to look into that!! It was an unintended consequence of making the table look neater. I can make the averages on another table too, if you'd like?
    No need, it's fine as it is - thanks a lot.

It's obviously sensible not to show decimals on the table just listing the polls (as all polls are to a whole number anyway).

But it is imperative that the averages (when you put your cursor on them to get the actual value) are to two decimal places.
  • Options
    JonnyJimmyJonnyJimmy Posts: 2,548
    Don't think I've seen anyone post details of what seems to be a new market from Shadsy - next Tory to defect to UKIP

Philip Hollobone 2/1
    John Baron 4/1
    Henry Smith 4/1
    Mark Pritchard 5/1
    Peter Bone 6/1
    George Eustice 8/1
    Jacob Rees-Mogg 10/1
    Gordon Henderson 10/1
    David Nuttall 16/1
    Nadine Dorries 16/1
    Stewart Jackson (PBOB?) 16/1
    Martin Vickers 16/1
    Adam Holloway 16/1

And I can't be bothered to type any more out on my iPhone...
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

RobD said:

Tim_B said:

I occasionally serve as a floor director for GPB TV during fundraising. Got there one day and in the production meeting glanced at the show sheet, which said guest - Yarrow.

Didn't give it a thought until he turned up - it was Peter as in Paul and Mary.

After the show he asked if we were in a rush to leave, we turned down the studio lights, and we had a sing song. At the end he played Leaving on a jet plane a second time as I'd told him I like it.
    Ah! Apparently their song was used in the United adverts in the 70s, very apt as I'm flying them today!
  • Options
    MikeL said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

Darn it!

It's obviously sensible not to show decimals on the table just listing the polls (as all polls are to a whole number anyway).

But it is imperative that the averages (when you put your cursor on them to get the actual value) are to two decimal places.
    Ok will make that change when I'm next on my laptop (probably at the airport bar!)
  • Options

Don't think I've seen anyone post details of what seems to be a new market from Shadsy - next Tory to defect to UKIP

Philip Hollobone 2/1
    John Baron 4/1
    Henry Smith 4/1
    Mark Pritchard 5/1
    Peter Bone 6/1
    George Eustice 8/1
    Jacob Rees-Mogg 10/1
    Gordon Henderson 10/1
    David Nuttall 16/1
    Nadine Dorries 16/1
    Martin Vickers 16/1
    Adam Holloway 16/1

Crap value market though, over 100% by Peter Bone!
  • Options
    Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,927

Almost always, in year 6.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    RobD said:

Tim_B said:

"Rocky Mountain Higher Than I Thought It Was"
  • Options
    Bad news - Rick Santorum won't rule out running in 2016
  • Options
    Mr. B, looking forward to a Santorum surge?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Tim_B said:

If you're a moderate it's good news: he'll split the crazy right.

EDIT: I actually have some respect for Santorum. He certainly has some nutbar views, but he's always happy to answer difficult questions, have a debate and give honest answers. He also has shown a willingness to deviate from right-wing orthodoxy on occasion. I admire that, even though I could never vote for him.
  • Options

The 2010 mid-terms were the biggest loss in over 80 years for the incumbent president. It was huge. Even Obama described it as a shellacking.

It remains to be seen what will happen today.
  • Options

Mr. B, looking forward to a Santorum surge?

I doubt he's had a surge in years :-)
  • Options
    RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

Darn it!

Ok will make that change when I'm next on my laptop (probably at the airport bar!)
    OK - thanks a lot!
  • Options
    Socrates said:

Tim_B said:

If you're a moderate it's good news: he'll split the crazy right.

EDIT: I actually have some respect for Santorum. He certainly has some nutbar views, but he's always happy to answer difficult questions, have a debate and give honest answers. He also has shown a willingness to deviate from right-wing orthodoxy on occasion. I admire that, even though I could never vote for him.
    I agree
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,060

Philip Hollobone 2/1
    John Baron 4/1
    Henry Smith 4/1
    Mark Pritchard 5/1
    Peter Bone 6/1
    George Eustice 8/1
    Jacob Rees-Mogg 10/1
    Gordon Henderson 10/1
    David Nuttall 16/1
    Nadine Dorries 16/1
    Martin Vickers 16/1
    Adam Holloway 16/1

What are the odds on Nadine quitting the Conservative party, and UKIP deciding they don't want her?
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

Philip Hollobone 2/1
    John Baron 4/1
    Henry Smith 4/1
    Mark Pritchard 5/1
    Peter Bone 6/1
    George Eustice 8/1
    Jacob Rees-Mogg 10/1
    Gordon Henderson 10/1
    David Nuttall 16/1
    Nadine Dorries 16/1
    Martin Vickers 16/1
    Adam Holloway 16/1

What are the odds on Nadine quitting the Conservative party, and UKIP deciding they don't want her?
    That would be funny :)
  • Options
    Talking of American electoral technology, a chap on CNBC has just been musing on how remarkable it was that dead voters in places like Chicago had adapted to it more easily than living ones.
  • Options

Talking of American electoral technology, a chap on CNBC has just been musing on how remarkable it was that dead voters in places like Chicago had adapted to it more easily than living ones.

You can always depend on Cook County.
  • Options
    Wow.. Arsenal let 3-0 lead slip!
  • Options
    @baseballcrank: Election Night drinking game:

There's an election. Drink. You don't need another reason.
  • Options
    People criticise dead voters, but they don't cost anything in healthcare or pensions yet still display the sense of civic duty to vote, which is more than lots of living chaps do.

Maybe necromancy is the way forward.
  • Options

People criticise dead voters, but they don't cost anything in healthcare or pensions yet still display the sense of civic duty to vote, which is more than lots of living chaps do.

Maybe necromancy is the way forward.

So while we're lining up to vote, someone turns up with a rectal thermometer and surgical gloves?
  • Options
    Scott_P said:

Bars used to be closed on election day
  • Options
    Mr. B, I think that's best left to the privacy of your own home...
  • Options

Mr. B, I think that's best left to the privacy of your own home...

But it would prove that Obama's policies are killing us :-)

- and Nico Rosberg is a dickhead
  • Options
    CNN will have exit polls in about 15 minutes. I forgot to ask which company surveyed me!
  • Options
    Mr. B, why d'you say that? The Rosberg bit, I mean.
  • Options
    So while we're lining up to vote, someone turns up with a rectal thermometer and surgical gloves?

That's how they test for life these days? So we've all got that to look forward to.....on top of everything else.
  • Options

Mr. B, why d'you say that? The Rosberg bit, I mean.

He just seems in a perpetual sulk when he doesn't win. Like on Sunday he said being second sucks.He doesn't handle adversity well at all. He comes across as a spoiled brat.
  • Options
    Mr. B, be fair. His title hopes just took a massive knock.

From fuzzy memory, he was entirely dignified about Singapore, where the car essentially broke and robbed him of any points at all.
  • Options

That's how they test for life these days? So we've all got that to look forward to.....on top of everything else.

They could try playing 'Long haired lover from Liverpool' repeatedly at high volume. Anybody still there must be dead
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Mr. B, be fair. His title hopes just took a massive knock.

Good!

From fuzzy memory, he was entirely dignified about Singapore, where the car essentially broke and robbed him of any points at all.

Lewis has handled his hardware issues with much more aplomb.

and what about Nico Monaco qualifying...didn't he pull his car off and ruin Lewis' qual lap
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,002
    edited November 2014
    Mr. B, disagree. Neither have reacted badly to reliability failures.

Edited extra bit: off for the night, incidentally.
  • Options
    edited November 2014

Mr. B, disagree. Neither have reacted badly to reliability failures.

I knew you knew bugger all about F1 :-)

My wobbly ego can't handle dissent.
  • Options

Philip Hollobone 2/1
    John Baron 4/1
    Henry Smith 4/1
    Mark Pritchard 5/1
    Peter Bone 6/1
    George Eustice 8/1
    Jacob Rees-Mogg 10/1
    Gordon Henderson 10/1
    David Nuttall 16/1
    Nadine Dorries 16/1
    Martin Vickers 16/1
    Adam Holloway 16/1

Interesting.I tipped Smith on here a few months back, knowing he was part of the Carswell-Reckless-Hannan axis. However, some further Googling reveals that Kippers in West Sussex have been making snobbish and derogatory remarks about his Crawley constituency, so that would make a by-election there tricky for UKIP. Probably not worth a punt.
  • Options
    Bury St Edmunds tories are voting on their new PPC
    Helen Whately eliminated in the first round. Secound round taking place now....
    https://twitter.com/ajcdeane
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,291
    edited November 2014
    What you wont be hearing about on the BBC tomorrow...

TELEGRAPH: £120bn cost of Labour's policy on immigration

However, if it side benefit of, we would never hear the end of it.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,988

Philip Hollobone 2/1
    John Baron 4/1
    Henry Smith 4/1
    Mark Pritchard 5/1
    Peter Bone 6/1
    George Eustice 8/1
    Jacob Rees-Mogg 10/1
    Gordon Henderson 10/1
    David Nuttall 16/1
    Nadine Dorries 16/1
    Martin Vickers 16/1
    Adam Holloway 16/1

Annoying market for a lot of reasons

You are right that the over round is huge.. but I guess there will be people who actually know the result, so one of them is 1.01!!

But I cant believe it is even worth Ladbrokes while doing the market because they don't take a bet on it anyway.. I was allowed a tenner on Hollobone at 10s last time.. I have a fancy here, but its not really worth the planning involved to get on!
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,137
    Tim_B said:

Scott_P said:

Bars used to be closed on election day
    In contrast, I was in Equatorial Guinea during an election, where candidates buy beer to bribe their voters. You get off the streets after lunch time if you have any sense....

• Options

Philip Hollobone 2/1
    John Baron 4/1
    Henry Smith 4/1
    Mark Pritchard 5/1
    Peter Bone 6/1
    George Eustice 8/1
    Jacob Rees-Mogg 10/1
    Gordon Henderson 10/1
    David Nuttall 16/1
    Nadine Dorries 16/1
    Martin Vickers 16/1
    Adam Holloway 16/1

Interesting.I tipped Smith on here a few months back, knowing he was part of the Carswell-Reckless-Hannan axis. However, some further Googling reveals that Kippers in West Sussex have been making snobbish and derogatory remarks about his Crawley constituency, so that would make a by-election there tricky for UKIP. Probably not worth a punt.
    There probably would be a by-election now for any Kipper defection. It's too close to the GE.
    He'd just campaign as a K in May.
  • Options
    AlistairAlistair Posts: 23,670
    Democratic base is so dumb - they don't turn up for mid-terms and then complain that the President can't do anything/districts have been redrawn to favour Republicans.
  • Options
    AndreaParma_82AndreaParma_82 Posts: 4,714
    edited November 2014
    Johanna Churchill won Conservative selection for Bury St Edmunds. She polled over 50% on second round of voting (they were in 3 at that point).

She is from Grantham http://lincolnshire.moderngov.co.uk/mgUserInfo.aspx?UID=651
  • Options
    I'm watching the election coverage and all the commercials seem to be for catheters
  • Options

Will it be on Sky?
  • Options
    FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 76,291
    edited November 2014
    Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox reported profits of $999m (£624m) in the third quarter, buoyed by strong earnings in its film and cable television units. The company also said revenue rose to $8.42bn, a 17% increase from the same period last year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-29903671

There are a few things certain in this world and one of them is that old Rupert always has the last laugh.
  • Options
    SpeedySpeedy Posts: 12,100
    On Topic.
    I reckon 51-52 Republican seats, with Kansas being a nailbiter.
  • Options
    @JeromeTaylor: Oh look. That London borough us journos kept saying was politically rotten turned out to be rotten: http://t.co/G5gxexDFWf
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

I'm watching the election coverage and all the commercials seem to be for catheters

Did the exit poll get announced?
  • Options
    KentRisingKentRising Posts: 2,850
    edited November 2014
    Scott_P said:

@JeromeTaylor: Oh look. That London borough us journos kept saying was politically rotten turned out to be rotten: http://t.co/G5gxexDFWf

Pickles annexes Islamic Republic.

Finally.

The BBC glossed over this story; doesn't fit the narrative.

"This is a borough where there have been widespread allegations of extremism, homophobia and antisemitism has been allowed to fester without proper challenge.”

I hope the guys Pickles sends down there to sort it out have protection officers.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,360

There probably would be a by-election now for any Kipper defection. It's too close to the GE.

Is that right, though? There doesn't HAVE to be a by-election for a vacant seat within 6 months of an election, but I don't think it's illegal to hold one. If Defector X resigns and says he wants to do the decent thing and get blessed by his voters, and Carswell and Reckless moves the writ, the House would have to actually vote it down, which they could do - waste of money etc. - but would make them look frit.

• Options

Will it be on Sky?
    Are you asking that in the expectation that "FrancisUrquhart" is actually a Sky news scheduler in disguise and is about to answer your question accurately?

GeoffM's Assessment: Unlikely
  • Options
    Tim_B said:

Only old people watch TV these days.
  • Options
    RodCrosbyRodCrosby Posts: 7,737

Philip Hollobone 2/1
    John Baron 4/1
    Henry Smith 4/1
    Mark Pritchard 5/1
    Peter Bone 6/1
    George Eustice 8/1
    Jacob Rees-Mogg 10/1
    Gordon Henderson 10/1
    David Nuttall 16/1
    Nadine Dorries 16/1
    Martin Vickers 16/1
    Adam Holloway 16/1

Which is sub-optimal. Only 4 of the 29 SDP defectors made it back in 1983.

I guess if there can't be a by-election, there won't be another defection...
  • Options
    Thanks Nick. Obviously I meant 'would not be a by-election'.

I don't think voters enjoy being troubled unnecessarily, 'decent thing' or not. Carswell's gambit played out perfectly and Reckless's looks like coming off too. Not sure it would work a third time. The 'too-close-to-the-GE' defence looks sounder.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,988
    Scott_P said:

The vibrant diverse borough where they rig elections and fly ISIS flags? Nooooo
  • Options

Scott_P said:

Pickles annexes Islamic Republic.

Finally.

The BBC glossed over this story; doesn't fit the narrative.

"This is a borough where there have been widespread allegations of extremism, homophobia and antisemitism has been allowed to fester without proper challenge.”

I hope the guys Pickles sends down there to sort it out have protection officers.
    Whereas Sky News?
  • Options
    MikeL said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

MikeL said:

RobD said:

Darn it!

OK - thanks a lot!
    Fixed!
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    I can't believe what I'm reading about Libyan soldiers being trained in the UK.

Why is this the first we've heard about it?
  • Options

Philip Hollobone 2/1
    John Baron 4/1
    Henry Smith 4/1
    Mark Pritchard 5/1
    Peter Bone 6/1
    George Eustice 8/1
    Jacob Rees-Mogg 10/1
    Gordon Henderson 10/1
    David Nuttall 16/1
    Nadine Dorries 16/1
    Martin Vickers 16/1
    Adam Holloway 16/1

The plot thickens. Smith in talks with UKIP's legal officer.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/coffeehouse/2014/11/who-will-be-the-next-tory-defector-to-ukip/

I suspect Smith has pointed out that although the Kippers are likely to be toxic in the constituency (want to abolish the borough council etc.) they could still take enough votes to let Labour triumph. (Crawley is a traditional Lab-Con bellwether.) Suspect Smith is negotiating a free run.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,360

Thanks Nick. Obviously I meant 'would not be a by-election'.

I don't think voters enjoy being troubled unnecessarily, 'decent thing' or not. Carswell's gambit played out perfectly and Reckless's looks like coming off too. Not sure it would work a third time. The 'too-close-to-the-GE' defence looks sounder.

Hmm, maybe. UKIP has just called a borough council by-election in our patch, held on December 11, less than 6 months before the whole council is up for election.

• Options
    RobD said:

Tim_B said:

I thought it was for CNN and due out half an hour ago but there isn't on their site yet.
  • Options
    CNN Exit poll nationwide -

Most important issue facing the country - economy 45% Health care 25% illegal immigration 14% foreign policy 13%

Worried about the economy - Yes 78% No 21%

Economy is - better 35% worse 31% same 33%

national economic conditions - excellent / good 30% not good / poor 69%

country is on - right track 31% wrong track 65%

life for next gen Americans will be - better 22% worse 49% same 27%

• Options
    @Sun_Politics: YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead by two: CON 32%, LAB 34%, LD 7%, UKIP 15%, GRN 6%
  • Options
    kjohnwkjohnw Posts: 1,456
    wheres tonights yougov?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    GeoffM said:

RobD said:

Tim_B said:

I thought it was for CNN and due out half an hour ago but there isn't on their site yet.
    Networks don't announce exit polls for states until the polls close.

I just posted the nationwide data
  • Options
    Sun Politics ‏@Sun_Politics 12s13 seconds ago
    YouGov/Sun poll tonight - Labour lead by two: CON 32%, LAB 34%, LD 7%, UKIP 15%, GRN 6%
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    No surprise - some people on Newsnight have been offended by the naming of the 16 year old murderer yesterday.
  • Options
    HughHugh Posts: 955

Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox reported profits of $999m (£624m) in the third quarter, buoyed by strong earnings in its film and cable television units. The company also said revenue rose to $8.42bn, a 17% increase from the same period last year.

There are a few things certain in this world and one of them is that old Rupert always has the last laugh.

His criminal employees hacking the phones of dead children was a right hoot.
  • Options
    kjohnw said:

wheres tonights yougov?

...timing...
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Tim_B said:

Most important issue facing the country - economy 45% Health care 25% illegal immigration 14% foreign policy 13%

Ah, that sort of exit poll.
    Reading that over there now - was expecting voting intention exits.

EDIT: Many thanks for your reply about polls closing etc. Appreciated.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Something for the previous topic but I was too busy to post.

I have noticed that the Tories are leveling their score throughout the country.
    In 2012 it was typical to see a 35% difference between the South and Scotland or 25% with the North, now that has halved even as the Tory share nationally is the same.

That suggests to me that it is both easier for the Tories to get many more seats that UNS suggests and a greater risk of scoring severely fewer seats than UNS suggests at the same time (a majority or less seats than 1997), as the Tory vote is now spread thin, while in the past it was concentrated in the South.

The next GE will be very fascinating, in past elections the outcome was determined in 100 marginals seats, in May it could be 300 seats or more.
  • Options
    GeoffM said:

Tim_B said:

Ah, that sort of exit poll.
    Reading that over there now - was expecting voting intention exits.
    They will appear as polls close in the state. Kentucky closes in 25 minutes.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hugh said:

His criminal employees hacking the phones of dead children was a right hoot.
    I get the impression you aren't keen on Murdoch or his empire?
This discussion has been closed.