Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » By-Election Preview : October 9th 2014

124»

Comments

• Options
    Plato said:

Whilst we're waiting - I see that the chaps arrested for terrorism have been described by their neighbours...

"The suspects in the alleged terror plot were last night described as “laid back, normal guys” who enjoyed playing football..."

Osama was keen on football too.

Mind you, he was an Arsenal supporter. Nuff said.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,935
    Bed time for me looks like LAB only just hold in Heywood and Middleton
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

Britain Elects ‏@britainelects 8m8 minutes ago
    Southgate (Crawley) result:
    Labour GAIN from Conservative

Shouldn't that read "Labour gain from turncoat pig-dog UKIP"

• Options

If it's very close, that would in many ways be a better result for UKIP than Clacton.

It would suggest that they can bite deep into the Labour vote as well as Tory. That augurs well for them at Rochester, and beyond of course.
  • Options
    Britain Elects ‏@britainelects 22m22 minutes ago
    The Southgate result can technically be called as LAB gain from UKIP but the sitting Cllr was CON, defected to UKIP & resigned.
  • Options

If it's very close, that would in many ways be a better result for UKIP than Clacton.

It would suggest that they can bite deep into the Labour vote as well as Tory. That augurs well for them at Rochester, and beyond of course.
    Not really plenty of close but no cigar moments already
    Clacton is a UKIP elected MP
  • Options

Not really plenty of close but no cigar moments already
    Clacton is a UKIP elected MP
    Think about it, John.

Rochester is a three way fight. Labour would expect to come third but with a good chunk of the vote, maybe 20% or more. If UKIP bite into that as well as the usual take from disgruntled Tories, they are home and hosed.

And of course in the GE, there would be a lot of seats where similar dynamics work for them.

This discussion has been closed.