Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Remember it was the YouGov polling panel that most exaggera

1235»

Comments

• Options
    ItajaiItajai Posts: 721
    Does voting YES mean the Scots have decided that REd can't win? We are, after all, told that one of the main movers behind YES is Tory rule.
  • Options
    maaarshmaaarsh Posts: 3,391
    Edifying to see a crowd of British citizens booing a fellow British Citizen based on his race and the fact he has chosen to try integrate.
  • Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    SeanT said:

For the many doubters, this is just one reason why Cammo would Do The Decent Thing after a No.

"THE Queen has “a great deal of concern” that Scotland will vote for independence and is receiving daily updates on the situation, The Sunday Times can reveal. Palace aides, ministers and MPs close to the royal family said the Queen was a firm unionist and revealed that the prospect of a “yes” vote “horrifies” her household."

Imagine his audiences with the Q after the 18th. Psychologically intolerable. He would resign for that reason alone.

You mean after a Yes.

He won't go,unless he is too bored/lazy/frit to fight GE 15 and looking for a way out (which might be the case: he's not been looking happy recently), or unless he's pushed.

• Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Scotland footie team mimicking the Indy ref. Was level for a while but going down by 2-1.
  • Options
    On Twitter throughout late Saturday afternoon, @rupertmurdoch was tweeting lyrical about a poll that would shock the establishment, or something similar. Given that Ruport Murdoch and his empire have taken a kicking from the UK government in recent years, and the fact that the Scottish Sun edition has been more supportive of Yes than No, is there any evidence that this (the YouGov) poll was always going to be positive to Yes? The PanelBase one was almost rushed out by Yes Scotland, presumably so that it did not dampen the positives they were hoping for from the YouGov poll?
    Can anybody also let me know, I have an interest in Politics and Betting but am bemused by the polls. I have lived in Scotland for 19 years and have never known a single person to be part of a poll. Do they have a fixed number of people that fill out surveys for everything from washing powder to mortgages to referendum voting?
    I do not know if they get a geographic split, I live in Perth, which has financial services, farming, tourism and SSE, it is more likely to be No than Yes. Dundee is 23 miles away and is known as the Yes capital of Scotland. Perth probably has 1.5% of the electorate and Dundee between 5 and 7.5%. Do these polls reflect and build in such regional variations? Just interested to see how accurate they really are..
This discussion has been closed.