Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Rupert Murdoch hints that tonight’s YouGov is has NO and YE

Comments

• Options
    MonksfieldMonksfield Posts: 2,242
    SeanT said:

John_M said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

We should have paid more attention yesterday when Roger said No was going to win.

lol. We need that dark humour in dark times.

It is kind of fitting that this summor of horrors will end with the dissolution of my country. Ah well. At least I'm rich.
    I am not rich and the summer will not end with the dissolution of my country, regardless of which way the Scots vote.

Honestly , Mr. T, have you ever thought how you would have been in WWII?
    Wait until you see the interest rate hikes, the tumbling of the pound, the spectre of recession, the years of chaos and argument. It's going to be messy, boring, expensive and relentless for the rest of the decade.

My biggest pity is reserved for passionate Scottish unionists - and there are lots of them. Half their identity will be ripped away.

And this was all avoidable.

Oh, and, PILE IN ON THE CAMERON RESIGNATION MARKET
    I'm a saver. Did someone say 'interest rate hikes'. God bless you, plucky independentistas. Long may your saltires unfurl.
    Are you a property owner? There's a good chance this will hammer house prices too.
    If so, bring it on. Most people will be better off in the medium to long term. The property market has been run as a con to maximise people's indebtedness.
  • Options
    surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549

Murdoch's clear support for Yes will violently alienate the key Scottish Labour vote.

Gordo hasn't booooommmmed yet !
  • Options
    If Jim Murphy was in charge, it would be 60 - 40 still.
  • Options
    If Cameron does resign, the Tories will be electing someone to lead them through to 2020, not just a 6 month stop-gap. Even if they lose in 2015, the new leader wouldn't be expected to resign, and could end up as PM 12 months later anyway.

So who should they elect? May and Hammond are the obvious candidates, but are too much same old, same old. They need someone with good Kipper-lite credentials to pull back lost voters, but also with broader appeal - perhaps a woman and/or a non-white face. There is one outstanding candidate who ticks all of those boxes - none other than Priti Patel.
  • Options
    *Betting Post*

I've just backed Scotland to beat Germany tomorrow at 18/1, with bet365
  • Options
    Now only George Galloway can save the Union. What irony !
  • Options

*Betting Post*

I've just backed Scotland to beat Germany tomorrow at 18/1, with bet365

Will there be a vote here as well ?
  • Options
    For holders of Scottish bank accounts:

“On a recent journey to India, I needed to get rupees at Mumbai airport,” recounts a friend from Edinburgh.

“When I presented the pound banknotes printed by RBS, the ‘babu’ in the exchange booth added a 0.90 multiplier, explaining that Scottish pounds are worth 10 per cent less.” He added: “The portrait of Lord Ilay is not as convincing as that of Queen Elizabeth.”

http://www.ftadviser.com/2014/09/03/investments/uk/how-scottish-independence-could-affect-your-cash-sklfCpHLmMdozK2ZaAC44O/article-0.html
  • Options
    JohnOJohnO Posts: 4,215
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

We should have paid more attention yesterday when Roger said No was going to win.

It is kind of fitting that this summor of horrors will end with the dissolution of my country. Ah well. At least I'm rich.
    I am not rich and the summer will not end with the dissolution of my country, regardless of which way the Scots vote.

Wait until you see the interest rate hikes, the tumbling of the pound, the spectre of recession, the years of chaos and argument. It's going to be messy, boring, expensive and relentless for the rest of the decade.

My biggest pity is reserved for passionate Scottish unionists - and there are lots of them. Half their identity will be ripped away.

What a big girl's blouse. Even if everything you said re falling pound rising interest rates etc. came true then its nothing that I haven't already lived through. As to the years of arguments what has that got to do with me.

In 1944 when the V1 'planes were starting to come over I bet you would have been arguing for the allies to surrender.to Germany.
    Where is this stuff about World War 2 coming from? I don't see the relevance?

Don't be a [moderated] all your twilight years. YES is a very big deal. It will not be good for any of us, not for the first 5-10 years. For some it might be miserable (yes, Labour lefties especially, but others too).

I am obviously prone to hyperbole and bipolarity. But I also pick up scents before others. I've been warning against complacency on this issue for a year or more.

If you want to make a WW2 comparison, I would have been the drunken journalist in 1937 writing columns saying this Hitler guy was a threat, even as I was ignored and everyone carried on sipping sherry.
    And doubt the equally drunken journalist, doubtless now based in the US, who would have demanded a 'negotiated' peace with the Fuehrer in June 1940, having cursed the frogs and a constantly pissed Churchill.
  • Options
    I doubt pound will fall far enough to push up interest rates. I'd be more worried about UK-based equities and UK bonds.

If there is a run on Scottish banks post the Yes, to what extent will the UK government intervene? Strictly speaking it should, but no-one can force it to.

Also, Alexander and Carmichael tag team to quit cabinet by end of September. Fill your boots.
  • Options

“On a recent journey to India, I needed to get rupees at Mumbai airport,” recounts a friend from Edinburgh.

“When I presented the pound banknotes printed by RBS, the ‘babu’ in the exchange booth added a 0.90 multiplier, explaining that Scottish pounds are worth 10 per cent less.” He added: “The portrait of Lord Ilay is not as convincing as that of Queen Elizabeth.”

http://www.ftadviser.com/2014/09/03/investments/uk/how-scottish-independence-could-affect-your-cash-sklfCpHLmMdozK2ZaAC44O/article-0.html

I am surprised it was even accepted.
  • Options
    I guess you don't want a Strictly Come Dancing betting thread this evening?
  • Options
    malcolmgmalcolmg Posts: 42,230

There is no such thing as a Scottish Bank Account. You only have UK bank accounts available in the UK.
  • Options
    Yes down to 3.85 from 4.6 about 45 mins ago
  • Options

SeanT said:

Whether you like it or not, your country is about to end. 300 plus years of history over. It is one of the most extraordinary moments in European history. And we have Dave, Ed and Eck sorting it out. My God.

My country isn't about to end, Mr.Observer, and history cannot be over because by definition it is already passed.

Were there Englishmen earning their living in Sussex (and Warwickshire) before the Act of Union? Will there be Englishmen earning their living in Sussex (and Warwickshire) if the Scots vote to dissolve that union? Of course there will be and 99.9% of the population will not notice the difference.

I hope you are right. I fear you are wrong. At a minimum the Yes vote will herald significant constitutional change in rUK. That may actually be about the only good thing to come out of this whole sorry episode.

• Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,193
    GIN1138 said:

SeanT said:

Miliband is, inter alia, completely f*cked.

Labour will go into civil war, even more than the Tories. This is epochal. it happened under his watch and, like Cameron, he will get the blame - snooty north London intellectual who didn't see the risk until it was too late.

UKIP to win in 2015?

Ed Miliband has actually been in Scotland this week, looking like a fish out of water...
    That will be nothing to how beached he will look standing in Downing Street...telling us that Putin has cut off the gas into Europe...

• Options
    malcolmg said:

There is no such thing as a Scottish Bank Account. You only have UK bank accounts available in the UK.
    NOW you want the Union?
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    surbiton said:

Has anyone in the indy debate raised the question of interest rates ? Regardless of currency union or not, interest rates in the two countries will diverge if Scotland votes YES. In the beginning, I would assume Scottish rates will be higher.

Depends what you mean by interest rates.

The BoE slate rates in a CU would, by definition, be the same. Government borrowing rates would likely be different; you're right to assume that iScot rates would likely start higher - smaller economy, less diversified (and therefore more at risk from exogenous shocks) and with an, as yet, unproven government.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,239
    edited September 2014
    SeanT In Quebec in 1995 Yes actually had a lead at this stage after No had earlier had a hefty advantage, so on that basis Yes should be ahead. Notice Murdoch, while still spinning heavily for Yes, still says 'all up for grabs', not clear Yes lead
  • Options
    Mr. T: "Scots didn't even want it."

Well, they voted a party whose raison d'etre is separation a majority in an electoral system designed to avoid majorities, and are now voting in a referendum. That would seem a fair indication of Scottish opinion.

Incidentally, blaming Cameron if Yes wins is as silly as blaming Constantine Dragases for the fall of Byzantium.
  • Options

Poor corporeal, whenever one of his threads goes up and something major happens and his thread gets rescheduled.

Is about 10th time it is happened to the poor chap

Suggest you repost it on the evening of the 18th then...

:-O
  • Options
    DavidL said:

Out canvassing again this afternoon. One of several teams out in Dundee for BT today. Quite reasonable. Private housing and No just edged it.

One thing the staff noticed is that there was a significant pick up in volunteers after the last close poll. No doubt there will be another pick up if tomorrow is close.

No one in Scotland believes for a minute now that this could not happen and all of the early smugness and overconfidence (which I think I can legitimately claim never to have shared) has gone. BT knows they are in a fight to the finish and they will.

I feel deeply sad for you and so many others. You could not have done more. I hope it's not as bad as I fear. We will feel diminished in England, a bit angry, there may even be some financial kickback; but it's nothing on what's going to happen in Scotland. And you lose your birthright. Just horrible.

• Options
    Also interesting too see most of these Yes backers seeing themselves as social democrats, find that Rupert Murdoch, a man they loathe, is one of their biggest backers, he knows that Salmond, with his corporation tax cuts plans, and opposition to 50% top tax rate is no social democrat
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,950
    edited September 2014
    surbiton said:

Cameron's master plan to ensure future Conservative election victories moves into its final phase.

Don't under estimate Sean's point about Cameron resignation. Let me explain.

If YES had been in the lead for 6 months, then nothing would have happened. However, half of the English voters, who actually know about the ref and the other half who are blissfully ignorant won't like it if a large part of the weather map is gone !
    I should think the "weather map" will stay as it is. We still see the Ireland and even Northern France on the map for instance. I don't think the weather map is supposed to reflect geography so much as the areas where "the weather" is coming from, be it north, south, east or west.

However, Cameron will resign. I've said this all the way along.

One interesting idea to ponder is what happens, if in his resignation speech, he call's on "others" to consider their positions as well.

Would Ed also do the honorable thing?
  • Options
    surbiton said:

If the ST supports indy, then any patriotic UK citizen must stop buying that rag !

My Dad still won't have the Observer in the house because of how they behaved during the Suez Crisis
  • Options

Perhaps TSE can suggest a playlist for the 18th, starting with "It's the End of the World as We Know It".

• Options
    GIN1138 said:

surbiton said:

Cameron's master plan to ensure future Conservative election victories moves into its final phase.

If YES had been in the lead for 6 months, then nothing would have happened. However, half of the English voters, who actually know about the ref and the other half who are blissfully ignorant won't like it if a large part of the weather map is gone !
    I should think the "weather map" will stay as it is. We still see the Ireland and even Northern France on the map for instance. I don't think the weather map is supposed to reflect geography so much as the areas where "the weather" is coming from, be it north, south, east or west.

One interesting idea to ponder is what happens, if in his resignation speech, he call's on "others" to consider their positions as well.

Ed stabbed his own brother in the back (and front) to win the Labour leadership.

He is a man without honour, so no he won't resign.
  • Options
    From the FT article:

In the meantime, the Edinburgh-based banks are drawing up their contingency plans, allocating extra cash into the Scottish branches and ATMs, and increasing their stock of liquid financial assets. With this liquidity buffer, the banks might be able to bridge the difficulties of a short transition period.

I wonder if they are stocking up on Scottish bank notes, or Bank of England ones?
  • Options

Bet you can't wait to see Pixie Lott in sequins? ;)

• Options

Perhaps TSE can suggest a playlist for the 18th, starting with "It's the End of the World as We Know It".

I was thinking Roxette, "It must have been love, but it's over now"
  • Options
    No must now ram down Murdoch's Yes endorsement in every broadcast, newspaper, ad and leaflet, the average Scot hates the man
  • Options
    valleyboy said:

My guess is that no still ahead, but only just.

I'd agree - My guess is 49/51 to NO.
  • Options
    Mr. L, best of luck. I do hope No wins.
  • Options

Followed shortly thereafter by "Who's Sorry Now?"
  • Options

I'd stay clear of her for financial advice. I thought everyone knew it was best to change into English notes when travelling outside Scotland.
  • Options
    GIN1138 said:

Bet you can't wait to see Pixie Lott in sequins? ;)

Frankie Bridge and Caroline Flack do it for me.

I think this maybe the worst series ever of Strictly, I've never heard of most of them
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    Surprise surprise , old duffers and losers, most of whom don't have a vote as they live outside Scotland.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

TBF, interests are too low as they are. A weaker pound helps manufacturing. No reason to expect recession. I'd imagine that it will be quick and clean cut, with TSAs to cover any practical stuff - no point in dragging it out.

I'll give you messy and boring though ;-)
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Also interesting too see most of these Yes backers seeing themselves as social democrats, find that Rupert Murdoch, a man they loathe, is one of their biggest backers, he knows that Salmond, with his corporation tax cuts plans, and opposition to 50% top tax rate is no social democrat

Don't forget Mr Souter. There's nothing social democratic or progressive about creating new international frontiers.

• Options

GIN1138 said:

surbiton said:

Ed stabbed his own brother in the back (and front) to win the Labour leadership.

EdM should certainly resign. But you're right, he won't.
  • Options
    If Scotland votes No, as I'm guest editing the site a few days later, I'm going to do a piece headlined

"No that the Scots has said to the UK that We're Never Gonna Give You Up, what does this mean for the UK?"
  • Options
    Matthew Parris 'Tories should turn their backs on Clacton'
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinion/columnists/article4198515.ece
  • Options

Followed shortly thereafter by "Who's Sorry Now?"
    I Predict a Riot, by Kaiser Chiefs
  • Options

SeanT said:

Whether you like it or not, your country is about to end. 300 plus years of history over. It is one of the most extraordinary moments in European history. And we have Dave, Ed and Eck sorting it out. My God.

It took just one generation for the professional politicians to f*** it all.

Bring back the experienced individuals, who see the role of MP as public service, following a previous career.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:
    Ex footballers and a broadcaster surely? And in the past they must remain.

• Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098

SeanT said:

My country isn't about to end, Mr.Observer, and history cannot be over because by definition it is already passed.

Were there Englishmen earning their living in Sussex (and Warwickshire) before the Act of Union? Will there be Englishmen earning their living in Sussex (and Warwickshire) if the Scots vote to dissolve that union? Of course there will be and 99.9% of the population will not notice the difference.

I hope you are right. I fear you are wrong. At a minimum the Yes vote will herald significant constitutional change in rUK. That may actually be about the only good thing to come out of this whole sorry episode.

If there is a yes vote, or even if there isn't, there has to be constitutional change. The present system where by an effective dictator can be elected by the minority of the votes from a fraction of the electorate is crazy and people will not put up with it much longer.
  • Options
    There was also an interesting letter in the Times arguing that England and Wales should have a referendum on a currency union with Scotland and Wales
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

No must now ram down Murdoch's Yes endorsement in every broadcast, newspaper, ad and leaflet, the average Scot hates the man

Not as much as they hate Tories
  • Options
    QuincelQuincel Posts: 3,959

GIN1138 said:

surbiton said:

Ed wasn't the only MP to challenge David for the leadership. Not sure why the fact that they're related meant Ed was meant to put his own ambitions behind his brother's. Didn't we leave the first son being the favourite son in the 20th century? Or are you referring to something else?
  • Options
    Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead (again)
  • Options
    Danny565Danny565 Posts: 8,091
    kle4 said:

I know the SNP and Yes are aiming for something the rest of the establishment of the UK are not in favour of, but I do struggle to see them as not someone being part of the political establishment. A party of national government could hardly claim to be so, so why others would do it for them I don't know. They just hope for a different establishment is all.

I think it comes down to the fact that the leading SNPers are, frankly, better at politics than most of Westminster.

Obviously everyone knows Salmond's strengths (and weaknesses), but I've always thought Nicola Sturgeon was underestimated too. She might not be winning any charisma awards anytime soon, but when I've seen her on TV she's always been pretty good at giving straight answers to the questions and speaking in a way which anyone could understand, rather than the God-awful jargon/gobbledygook that most politicians (from all the 3 big parties) talk in.
  • Options
    JamesMJamesM Posts: 221
    @SouthamObserver @HurstLlama Clearly a 'Yes' vote would mean substantial change, but could it not equally lead to relatively less political change? After all the West Lothian Question will be defunct. There has never been quite as much concern about Welsh/Northern Irish MPs voting in Westminster, I guess because the powers of their assemblies are different, NI specifically is seen as a unique case, and their representatives are lower in number. We would have to think how Wales/NI sit within the new UK, but in pure political terms the Union would pretty much be England with two smaller partners.
  • Options
    Murdoch talks about libertarians and far left, what about the rise of the nationalist right eg Marine Le Pen
  • Options
    SeanT said:

John_M said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

I'm a saver. Did someone say 'interest rate hikes'. God bless you, plucky independentistas. Long may your saltires unfurl.
    Are you a property owner? There's a good chance this will hammer house prices too.
    That's a *good* thing for you Sean, you do realise that?

Now you may be able to afford than nice 3 bedroom flat with the big windows just down the road from your current place.
  • Options
    whiff of panic on here, penny is beginning to drop.
  • Options
    Charles said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

TBF, interests are too low as they are. A weaker pound helps manufacturing. No reason to expect recession. I'd imagine that it will be quick and clean cut, with TSAs to cover any practical stuff - no point in dragging it out.

It won't be boring. Not when the Scottish left discover they've been sold a nationalist dud.

• Options
    John_MJohn_M Posts: 7,503

SeanT said:

John_M said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

I hear that all the fish are going to emigrate and large dragons will swoop down and roast sheep where they stand on the hills.

I own my house, lock stock and barrel.My daughter would like to buy a house, but they're unaffordable for her.

I see Scottish independence as being like a recession; I struggled horribly in '80/'81 but didn't even notice the '91 meltdown. Some will suffer, some will benefit, many will notice little change.

I do agree that it's a massive constitutional shock; I expect a few political careers will be cut short; what a terrible, terrible shame.
  • Options
    Will we see a referendum before 2020 in Berwick to switch from England to Scotland? Britain's Crimea?
  • Options

SeanT said:

If there is a yes vote, or even if there isn't, there has to be constitutional change. The present system where by an effective dictator can be elected by the minority of the votes from a fraction of the electorate is crazy and people will not put up with it much longer.

As I have said on here before, FPTP has destroyed the Union.

• Options
    ItajaiItajai Posts: 721
    edited September 2014

Another legacy from Tony. Once upon a time those in power resigned. After Tony, no. And certainly not in the Labour party.
  • Options
    SO Well even the Scots backed FPTP in the AV referendum
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Charles said:

SeanT said:

Bring back the experienced individuals, who see the role of MP as public service, following a previous career.
    Say what you like about the Westminster bunch, but you you can't criticize Salmond for this.

He has his agenda and if he pulls off separation he'll have played a blinder.

The best result for him and the SNP personally would be a very narrow NO vote as it would keep the SNP going for another 10 years or more. YES means the SNP will be finished in short order.

But fair do's, he'll be one of the few politicians to ever take on the British establishment and not just beat it, but destroy it.
  • Options
    MalcolmG Scotland had a Tory majority in the 1950s and even in 2010 the Tories won over 400,000 votes, Scotland has always loathed Murdoch!
  • Options
    SO Exactly
  • Options

SeanT said:

LOL , now we have the unionists calling for a police state, how dare those uppity Scots vote democratically for a government they do not like.
    That has to rank as the most senile post I have read on here, only a poltroon and a blackguard could write such tripe. Mental unionist Little Englander vows that Scotland will be punished.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    @SouthamObserver

"We will feel diminished in England [after a yes vote]"

You speak for yourself. I wouldn't give a toss and I expect I would be in the majority.
  • Options
    I kid you not.

Just seen a Sky News advert for their Independence referendum results show and they've got Alex Salmond signing over and over

"I want to break free"
  • Options

Charles said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

It won't be boring. Not when the Scottish left discover they've been sold a nationalist dud.

SO we have been sold a unionist dud for 50 years , how could it be that bad getting another dud.
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

Matthew Parris 'Tories should turn their backs on Clacton'
    http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinion/columnists/article4198515.ece

I've not read Parris since the Times went behind a paywall, but I used to think he was smart.

Sounds like he's lost the plot.

• Options
    Quincel said:

GIN1138 said:

surbiton said:

Ed wasn't the only MP to challenge David for the leadership. Not sure why the fact that they're related meant Ed was meant to put his own ambitions behind his brother's. Didn't we leave the first son being the favourite son in the 20th century? Or are you referring to something else?
    I've seen stories that Ed persuaded David not to resign from the cabinet in 2009 (following on from Purcell's resignation) and Ed said he'd back David in the leadership election.
  • Options

SeanT said:

The answer is to split the executive and legislature.

The Executive elected by single popular vote (i.e. the PM). The legislature by multi-member open list constituencies.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Some of us knew a long time ago. It's sad to be proved right, but the writing's been on the wall for months. It's going to be an unpleasant few years though.

• Options
    To all those weak kneed jessie Kippers, who are doing their best to stop a referendum in 2017, because you're scared that will people vote to remain in the EU, take note of this referendum.

Have faith in the people
  • Options
    initforthemoneyinitforthemoney Posts: 736
    edited September 2014
    SeanT said:

Not that i want to blow my own trumpet (heaven forfend) but I wrote this six months ago:
    without-scotland-labour-will-be-mutilated-and-traumatised-for-a-generation/

good enough for me
  • Options
    SeanT said:

GIN1138 said:

Charles said:

SeanT said:

Say what you like about the Westminster bunch, but you you can't criticize Salmond for this.

He has his agenda and if he pulls off separation he'll have played a blinder.

The best result for him and the SNP personally would be a very narrow NO vote as it would keep the SNP going for another 10 years or more. YES means the SNP will be finished in short order.

But fair do's, he'll be one of the few politicians to ever take on the British establishment and not just beat it, but destroy it.
    What nonsense. Salmond doesn't want NO. He wants YES and his name in the history books forever. There will be statues of him across Scotland. Vandalised statues, but statues nonetheless.

Agree. That's why I say he'll have played a blinder and you can't fault him for being one of the greatest "conviction" politicians in political history.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Some of us knew a long time ago. It's sad to be proved right, but the writing's been on the wall for months. It's going to be an unpleasant few years though.

SO , you did indeed see it first and stuck with it even as the frothers ridiculed you.
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

SeanT said:

LOL , now we have the unionists calling for a police state, how dare those uppity Scots vote democratically for a government they do not like.
    That has to rank as the most senile post I have read on here, only a poltroon and a blackguard could write such tripe. Mental unionist Little Englander vows that Scotland will be punished.
    Think you've completely missed the point of Mr Llama's post.

He was criticising FPTP (and agreeing with the theory of elective dictatorship), nothing to do with Scotland.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,108
    Ladbrokes betting on UKIP vote share in Clacton

50-60% is the 2/1f

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/british-politics/clacton-by-election/ukip-vote-share
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 18,949
    edited September 2014
    "SouthamObserver said:

» show previous quotes

(Malcolmg)

SO , you did indeed see it first and stuck with it even as the frothers ridiculed you. "

I've seen some arrogant posting in my time but that takes the biscuit! (And with JackW posting that's saying something!!)
  • Options
    When Cameron goes to his first EU meeting after the Yes, will the other leaders just point at him and laugh?
  • Options
    FregglesFreggles Posts: 3,486
    When will we get the results of the referendum?
  • Options

When Cameron goes to his first EU meeting after the Yes, will the other leaders just point at him and laugh?

At the rate France is going it won't be long before rUK is back to being the second biggest EU economy, so, no, probably not.

• Options
    malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

SO , you did indeed see it first and stuck with it even as the frothers ridiculed you.

I really wanted to be wrong and secure my place in the all-time crap prediction pantheon, but I could never construct a plausible scenario for No winning. The whole UK is sick of the Westminster elite, the Scots have a chance to actually demonstrate their contempt. They'll soon realise their new political elite is just as duplicitous, but that's still in the future. Westminster is now.

• Options
    edited September 2014
    SO No, because Rajoy knows it will be Catalonia and the Basque country next, Renzi knows Venice will follow, and Hollande knows Corsica will get ideas, the Belgians will be worried about Flanders, they will be worried and furious, not laughing!
  • Options
    Roger said:

I've seen some arrogant posting in my time but that takes the biscuit! (And with JackW posting that's saying something!!)

I believe SO Is in Hong Kong - where it's nearly 1am.

He may have drunk well, if not wisely....
  • Options
    Charles said:

malcolmg said:

SeanT said:

Think you've completely missed the point of Mr Llama's post.

He was criticising FPTP (and agreeing with the theory of elective dictatorship), nothing to do with Scotland.
    Hmmmmm, it does not read that way , I am not convinced he is saying Cameron is a dictator. You are being generous to a fault.
  • Options

When your Scottish referendum prediction proves as accurate as your President Romney forecast , I'll enjoy several minutes of mirth.
  • Options

Sure there will be some hilarity.
  • Options
    Roger said:

"SouthamObserver said:

» show previous quotes

(Malcolmg)

SO , you did indeed see it first and stuck with it even as the frothers ridiculed you. "

Does truth bother you Roger
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,108

malcolmg said:

malcolmg said:

I really wanted to be wrong and secure my place in the all-time crap prediction pantheon, but I could never construct a plausible scenario for No winning. The whole UK is sick of the Westminster elite, the Scots have a chance to actually demonstrate their contempt. They'll soon realise their new political elite is just as duplicitous, but that's still in the future. Westminster is now.

I still say if either side wins by less than 10% they should have a referendum every five years.. Aggro if its close either way
  • Options
    Freggles said:

When will we get the results of the referendum?

Friday the 19th
  • Options
    Roger said:

"SouthamObserver said:

» show previous quotes

(Malcolmg)

Nothing arrogant in saying I told you so!!

I wonder if JackW will return to explain how he called it so wrong. It does throw his ARSE up into the air.

• Options
    Incidentally does old fool Murdoch regard Salmond as a libertarian or far left ?
  • Options
    malcolmg said:

Will Eck be looking through the keyhole?
  • Options
    Gin1138 His argument is Clacton represents the past and the insecure, Tories should be looking for the middle class vote to win
  • Options

When your Scottish referendum prediction proves as accurate as your President Romney forecast , I'll enjoy several minutes of mirth.

It's a faint hope now. I really wanted that double.

• Options

Roger said:

"SouthamObserver said:

» show previous quotes

(Malcolmg)

Nothing arrogant in saying I told you so!!

I wonder if JackW will return to explain how he called it so wrong. It does throw his ARSE up into the air.

He is still floundering in Edinburgh, will be back soon with his tail between his legs and his ARSE in tatters.
  • Options

malcolmg said:

Will Eck be looking through the keyhole?
    He will be with them laughing
This discussion has been closed.