Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » We have cross-over with Populus online. CON 36% LAB 35%

124»

Comments

• Options

@Gin1138

"The consequences of which are that we will not be getting involved in any more military engagements for the foreseeable future."

You obviously missed the news, the RAF is to start flying operations over northern Iraq. Just humanitarian drops and support of the USA in terms of refuelling and intelligence, you understand. No actual combat as such - for the moment.

'I think it's important in life to speak as it is, and the fact is that we are a very effective partner of the U.S., but we are the junior partner,' he said. 'We were the junior partner in 1940 when we were fighting the Nazis.'
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    @Alanbrooke
    To be fair, our democratic governments have not been slow to undermine other democracies in the past if they felt the need?
  • Options
    AlanbrookeAlanbrooke Posts: 23,771
    Neil said:

Neil said:

Ah right so the 2006 election was more X factor than actual politics ? They just held an election because, sounds logical.

They held an election to the Parliament in 2006. When the rest of the world decided it didnt like the result of the election it was effectively set aside.

Oh right, so the world's to blame. Glad you cleared that up.
    Glad to be of help.
    Neil it's just part of that tremendous service you provide to all us PBers. ;-)
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    NEW THREAD

Will Thanet South with Nigel Farage be the single UKIP MP predicted by ARSE ?
  • Options
    NeilNeil Posts: 7,983
    @AB

I'm rereading your war diaries right now - how you ever put up with Winston I'll never know!
  • Options
    Smarmeron said:

@Alanbrooke
    To be fair, our democratic governments have not been slow to undermine other democracies in the past if they felt the need?

Of course they have it's called politics and usually when a government has been undermined it screws up under the law of unintended consequences.
  • Options
    Neil said:

@AB

I'm rereading your war diaries right now - how you ever put up with Winston I'll never know!

As long as he stayed dressed it was survivable !
  • Options
    Farage will be standing against the former UKIP leader (in 1997) who is the Conservative candidate.

Farage got 5% when he stood in the constituency previously.

Sounds like a tough gig.
This discussion has been closed.