Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » We have cross-over with Populus online. CON 36% LAB 35%

SystemSystem Posts: 11,687
edited August 2014 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » We have cross-over with Populus online. CON 36% LAB 35%

CON moves into the lead with Populus online Lab 35 (-2), Con 36 (+1), LD 9 (=), UKIP 11 (-1). Usual good poll for CON on Fridays

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Winning here!!!!!!!
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,124
    Oh dear all those tweets start to sound bitter and tweetsted!
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300
    On the day Andrew Cooper gets a peerage!
  • Options
    But Mike this is the killer finding

Since the election.

Con no change, UKIP plus 8.
  • Options
    I think we all know the real killer finding - JackW - Ed M will never.....
  • Options
    EasterrossEasterross Posts: 1,915
    and right on cue Dr Steve Fisher has the Tories moving back above 300 in his forecast today.
  • Options
    Much as though I like this poll, it being the silly season, it is probably unreliable. The tories would have a 5 point lead if all the nice Tory people weren't away on holiday.

Did the Tories hold all 3 council seats last night? No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get 2 threads ago to scoll down past the first few comments. I know the LibDems were UKippered in their seat and the Greens held their seat.
  • Options
    JackWJackW Posts: 14,787
    felix said:

I think we all know the real killer finding - JackW - Ed M will never.....

Be Prime Minister

• Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    Jon Williams ‏@WilliamsJon · 9 mins
    .@StateDept confirms #ISIS taken Mosul dam. Threatens entire Tigris plain: could put Mosul under 100 feet of water, Baghdad 16 feet. #Iraq

Jezz H.....
  • Options
    FinancierFinancier Posts: 3,916
    Populus is useful in that it gives actual figures as well as rounded %ages.

So using Table 3, I have tried to look at what proportion of new voters compared with their 2010 votes (retained, gained and lost) each party is getting.

So CONS are getting 12% of their votes from 'new' voters.
    LAB are getting 18%
    LDs are getting 11%
    UKIP are getting >30%
    Green are getting >40%
  • Options
    Lefties appear on hols on pb today... i'm back tho... hoorar.
  • Options
    TGOHFTGOHF Posts: 21,633
    Baxter converging on Jack's ARSE.

• Options
    @Easterross

What is your present assessment of the scale of the NO victory next month ?
  • Options
    MikeSmithsonMikeSmithson Posts: 7,382
    I've added a chart showing the Monday-Friday effect with Populus
  • Options
    TGOHF said:

Baxter converging on Jack's ARSE.

Oh .... the indignity of it ....

• Options

Much as though I like this poll, it being the silly season, it is probably unreliable. The tories would have a 5 point lead if all the nice Tory people weren't away on holiday.

Did the Tories hold all 3 council seats last night? No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get 2 threads ago to scoll down past the first few comments. I know the LibDems were UKippered in their seat and the Greens held their seat.

That assumption about holiday polls doesn't hold any more in the era of tablets and smartphones. What better way of spending the time on a family holiday than filling in an online voting survey!

• Options
    MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,289
    edited August 2014
    If Peter Kellner is right and we apply his adjustment (ie Lab get 25 seats less than UNS) then Con would be ahead on seats even with only a 1% vote lead.
  • Options
    JackW said:

@Easterross

For the 1st time I am starting to believe NO might actually win and then up pops someone else I know who stuns me by saying s/he is voting YES
  • Options
    taffystaffys Posts: 9,753
    Crossover

Ed's calling out of the PM over Gaza was clearly a masterstroke.
  • Options

That assumption about holiday polls doesn't hold any more in the era of tablets and smartphones. What better way of spending the time on a family holiday than filling in an online voting survey!

You've shouldn't have had two dozen oysters for lunch Mike ..... especially in August.

• Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,822
    edited August 2014

I've added a chart showing the Monday-Friday effect with Populus

Was interesting that Monday's poll was as good as a normal Friday poll.

Suspect Lab will be back in the lead again next Monday but will it be the normal 5-7% Lab lead or a 1-3% lead?
  • Options
    Fortunately Alex has some legal advice on this, oh wait.

The economist also rubbished Alex Salmond's threat to walk away from Scotland's share of UK national debt without a currency union, saying such a move would have "repercussions" in Europe.

Other European countries with secessionist movements – such as Spain – may not want to give a debt-free Scotland EU membership for fear of creating a precedent, it was suggested.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11019890/Scottish-independence-Keeping-pound-without-currency-union-would-see-banks-relocate.html
  • Options
    Is this a Warsi departing bounce ?
  • Options
    PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,929
    edited August 2014

Jon Williams ‏@WilliamsJon · 9 mins
    .@StateDept confirms #ISIS taken Mosul dam. Threatens entire Tigris plain: could put Mosul under 100 feet of water, Baghdad 16 feet. #Iraq

Jezz H.....

ISIS has already used Iraq’s water supply as a weapon. Earlier this year it seized control of the Falluja Dam, in Anbar Province, and flooded a vast area that sent thousands of refugees fleeing, submerged hundreds of homes and several schools and interrupted the water supply to southern Iraq.

Source:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/08/world/middleeast/isis-forces-in-iraq.html?_r=0

Strategically it would make sense for ISIS to blow up the dam, Baghdad will be a very tough nut for them to crack, a flooded Baghdad would be easier pickings with the city in chaos/disarray.
  • Options
    Time for luncheon. Would one of you dear chaps please confirm what happened last night with the 3 Tory defences?
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    More Populus bullsh*t
  • Options
    ISIS has already used Iraq’s water supply as a weapon

What on earth is the Iraqi government doing???? Hitler had 4 million heavily armed and extremely well disciplined troops. ISIS are not much more than a thinly spread thuggish rabble driving about in unprotected pick up trucks.

What a tw8t al Maliki is.
  • Options

JackW said:

@Easterross

For the 1st time I am starting to believe NO might actually win and then up pops someone else I know who stuns me by saying s/he is voting YES
    You shouldn't worry about that.

Shortly before the 1983 GE a right wing (G Khan Esq type) peer of my acquaint advised me of his absolute certainty that Michael Foot was about to form a landslide government because his wife said she was voting Labour.

Cue uproarious laughter, stern looks, a substantial wager .... and several weeks later a handsome addition to the Mrs JackW Shoe Fund.

• Options
    justin124justin124 Posts: 11,527

Since the election.

Not quite! Tories polled 37% in 2010 - not 36%.
  • Options
    SimonStClareSimonStClare Posts: 7,976
    There’s a distinct whiff of 'good news’ will not be tolerated about this thread.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

Since the election.

Not quite! Tories polled 37% in 2010 - not 36%.
    36.1%

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/election2010/results/
  • Options
  • Options
    That's the UK figure - but pollsters always give us the GB figure. Look at Mike's table!
  • Options
    woody662woody662 Posts: 255
    Any idea how much of the Tory figure comes from ex Lib Dems?
  • Options
    GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 20,822
    taffys said:

ISIS has already used Iraq’s water supply as a weapon

What on earth is the Iraqi government doing???? Hitler had 4 million heavily armed and extremely well disciplined troops. ISIS are not much more than a thinly spread thuggish rabble driving about in unprotected pick up trucks.

What a tw8t al Maliki is.

Wonder what Saddam would have done about ISIS?
  • Options
    More importantly the British government couldn't give a tinkers

They don;t want to 'inflame muslim community feelings'.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

There’s a distinct whiff of 'good news’ will not be tolerated about this thread.

It certainly isn't good news, I need Labour to hold on to it's lead for longer than this for my most profitable outcome to come about ^_~

OTOH Reviewing the poll's internals doesn't make me overly worried.
  • Options
    volcanopetevolcanopete Posts: 2,078

Time for luncheon. Would one of you dear chaps please confirm what happened last night with the 3 Tory defences?

Source of informaion @Britainelects

Castle (Worthing) UKIP gain from LibDem.
    UKIP - 36.9% (+21.9)
    CON - 31.5% (+3.4)
    LDEM - 15.7% (-23.2)
    LAB - 12.8% (-5.2)
    GRN - 3.2% (+3.2)

Warboys and Bury(Huntingdonshire) Con hold.
    CON - 46.5% (+0.2)
    UKIP - 42.2% (+16.1)
    LDEM - 5.9% (-6.9)
    LAB - 5.4% (-9.3)

Valley (Stroud) result:Green hold.
    GRN - 42.8% (-4.3)
    LAB - 33.8% (+2.3)
    UKIP - 11.2% (+11.2)
    CON - 9.9% (-11.6)
    TUSC - 2.4% (+2.4)

The Epping Forest seat just says Con hold.
  • Options
    JBriskinJBriskin Posts: 2,380

Yeah - well - we learned this morning that one of our own has managed to save a whole race of people - cracking open the champers doesn't fell exactly right. What would the White House think?

• Options
    woody662 said:

Any idea how much of the Tory figure comes from ex Lib Dems?

11%
  • Options
    MikeK said:

More importantly the British government couldn't give a tinkers: nor can the the EU much to their eternal disgrace.

I demand a police flag squad - patrolling the streets with a list of verboten flags and a hotline for people to call if they spot one.
  • Options
    a hotline for people to call if they spot one.

So you are quite happy to see the Swastika in Golders Green?
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    O/T

Today is world cat day. The Brute has celebrated by running a real humdinger 5am meow session from the garden, eating two breakfasts (both with warmed milk), and now snoozing the day away on the sofa.
  • Options
    taffys said:

a hotline for people to call if they spot one.

So you are quite happy to see the Swastika in Golders Green?

I wouldn't be demanding Cameron call a meeting of Cobra.
  • Options
    I note that Andrew Cooper has been made a Tory peer. He started his political journey in the Labour party and campaigned hard for them in East Surrey in 1979.
  • Options
    volcanopetevolcanopete Posts: 2,078
    This change in voting patterns in polling maybe mood related.Assuming most people still think Monday-Friday even if they may not all work Mon-Fri.All that music,hating Mondays,Stormy Mondays and some other good blues,all point to Mondays,in general,being a bummer,whilst as the week progresses to Fridays,the thought of being able to enjoy life,the feelgood factor,is back.As the song goes "The eagle flies on Friday".
    The election is on a Thursday which,therefore,may give the Tories a slight advantage in selling their message of "you have never had it so good".
  • Options

UKIP - 36.9% (+21.9)
    CON - 31.5% (+3.4)
    LDEM - 15.7% (-23.2)
    LAB - 12.8% (-5.2)
    GRN - 3.2% (+3.2)

CON - 46.5% (+0.2)
    UKIP - 42.2% (+16.1)
    LDEM - 5.9% (-6.9)
    LAB - 5.4% (-9.3)

GRN - 42.8% (-4.3)
    LAB - 33.8% (+2.3)
    UKIP - 11.2% (+11.2)
    CON - 9.9% (-11.6)
    TUSC - 2.4% (+2.4)

I don't know why Epping will not publish the full results? Are they frightened that the UKIP total is unusually large.
    As it is on the 3 results published above UKIP got an average of 31.5%.

Thats why I still say that pollsters like Populus still haven't got to grips with the rise of UKIP.
  • Options
    FalseFlagFalseFlag Posts: 1,801
    Con will get over 300 seats, Labour won't.
  • Options
    NickPalmerNickPalmer Posts: 21,343
    It's spooky that the gap between Monday and Friday is not only consistent, it's usually EXACTLY the same - a 2, a 4, a 5, and FIVE 3s.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

UKIP - 36.9% (+21.9)
    CON - 31.5% (+3.4)
    LDEM - 15.7% (-23.2)
    LAB - 12.8% (-5.2)
    GRN - 3.2% (+3.2)

CON - 46.5% (+0.2)
    UKIP - 42.2% (+16.1)
    LDEM - 5.9% (-6.9)
    LAB - 5.4% (-9.3)

GRN - 42.8% (-4.3)
    LAB - 33.8% (+2.3)
    UKIP - 11.2% (+11.2)
    CON - 9.9% (-11.6)
    TUSC - 2.4% (+2.4)

I don't know why Epping will not publish the full results? Are they frightened that the UKIP total is unusually large.

Thats why I still say that pollsters like Populus still haven't got to grips with the rise of UKIP.
    They've published it

http://rds.eppingforestdc.gov.uk/mgElectionAreaResults.aspx?ID=426&RPID=1008672352
  • Options

MikeK said:

UKIP - 36.9% (+21.9)
    CON - 31.5% (+3.4)
    LDEM - 15.7% (-23.2)
    LAB - 12.8% (-5.2)
    GRN - 3.2% (+3.2)

CON - 46.5% (+0.2)
    UKIP - 42.2% (+16.1)
    LDEM - 5.9% (-6.9)
    LAB - 5.4% (-9.3)

GRN - 42.8% (-4.3)
    LAB - 33.8% (+2.3)
    UKIP - 11.2% (+11.2)
    CON - 9.9% (-11.6)
    TUSC - 2.4% (+2.4)

They've published it

http://rds.eppingforestdc.gov.uk/mgElectionAreaResults.aspx?ID=426&RPID=1008672352
    Thanks TSE. 40% for UKIP. So UKIP average for the night goes up to 33.3%

• Options
    MikeK said:

UKIP - 36.9% (+21.9)
    CON - 31.5% (+3.4)
    LDEM - 15.7% (-23.2)
    LAB - 12.8% (-5.2)
    GRN - 3.2% (+3.2)

CON - 46.5% (+0.2)
    UKIP - 42.2% (+16.1)
    LDEM - 5.9% (-6.9)
    LAB - 5.4% (-9.3)

GRN - 42.8% (-4.3)
    LAB - 33.8% (+2.3)
    UKIP - 11.2% (+11.2)
    CON - 9.9% (-11.6)
    TUSC - 2.4% (+2.4)

I note, Populus' final poll on the Euros underestimated UKIP by 2.49%

I believe your prediction for the Euros had UKIP polling 40%, you overestimated UKIP by 12.5%

Now tell me, which one has the problem accurately getting UKIP's score right?
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

This change in voting patterns in polling maybe mood related.Assuming most people still think Monday-Friday even if they may not all work Mon-Fri.All that music,hating Mondays,Stormy Mondays and some other good blues,all point to Mondays,in general,being a bummer,whilst as the week progresses to Fridays,the thought of being able to enjoy life,the feelgood factor,is back.As the song goes "The eagle flies on Friday".
    The election is on a Thursday which,therefore,may give the Tories a slight advantage in selling their message of "you have never had it so good".

The Monday poll is conducted over the weekend and the Friday poll is condected on Wednesday AMD Thursday. Labour profit more from good moods and idealism (weekends) and the Tories profitffrom bad moods and realism (working week).
  • Options
    It can't be that bad, can it?

What's left of the RAF prepare to leave for #Iraq pic.twitter.com/9oXNFHmQwN

— Jim (@Jim_Watford) August 8, 2014
  • Options
    WitanWitan Posts: 26
    justin124 said:

I note that Andrew Cooper has been made a Tory peer. He started his political journey in the Labour party and campaigned hard for them in East Surrey in 1979.

With age and experience comes wisdom.
  • Options
    LennonLennon Posts: 1,733

MikeK said:

UKIP - 36.9% (+21.9)
    CON - 31.5% (+3.4)
    LDEM - 15.7% (-23.2)
    LAB - 12.8% (-5.2)
    GRN - 3.2% (+3.2)

CON - 46.5% (+0.2)
    UKIP - 42.2% (+16.1)
    LDEM - 5.9% (-6.9)
    LAB - 5.4% (-9.3)

GRN - 42.8% (-4.3)
    LAB - 33.8% (+2.3)
    UKIP - 11.2% (+11.2)
    CON - 9.9% (-11.6)
    TUSC - 2.4% (+2.4)

They've published it

7 votes for the LD is embarrassing isn't it given that you need 10 people to nominate you?
  • Options
    Witan said:

justin124 said:

And perhaps self-interest and senility.
  • Options

MikeK said:

UKIP - 36.9% (+21.9)
    CON - 31.5% (+3.4)
    LDEM - 15.7% (-23.2)
    LAB - 12.8% (-5.2)
    GRN - 3.2% (+3.2)

CON - 46.5% (+0.2)
    UKIP - 42.2% (+16.1)
    LDEM - 5.9% (-6.9)
    LAB - 5.4% (-9.3)

GRN - 42.8% (-4.3)
    LAB - 33.8% (+2.3)
    UKIP - 11.2% (+11.2)
    CON - 9.9% (-11.6)
    TUSC - 2.4% (+2.4)

I believe your prediction for the Euros had UKIP polling 40%, you overestimated UKIP by 12.5%

I think you can add 1% to UKIP's Euro results for the AIFE effect. Unless AIFE are turning out for Westminster seats.

Spoiler parties could well be a problem in Thanet South, and could potentially cost Farage the seat there - I can see AIFE running there... but nationally they won't be.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

MikeK said:

UKIP - 36.9% (+21.9)
    CON - 31.5% (+3.4)
    LDEM - 15.7% (-23.2)
    LAB - 12.8% (-5.2)
    GRN - 3.2% (+3.2)

CON - 46.5% (+0.2)
    UKIP - 42.2% (+16.1)
    LDEM - 5.9% (-6.9)
    LAB - 5.4% (-9.3)

GRN - 42.8% (-4.3)
    LAB - 33.8% (+2.3)
    UKIP - 11.2% (+11.2)
    CON - 9.9% (-11.6)
    TUSC - 2.4% (+2.4)

I am not a pollster TSE and you know it. So what you just wrote is irrelevant. I make optimistic guesses with no claim to accuracy. If you want accuracy, pay me.

As it happens I've never claimed 40% for the Euros.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

Didn't Andrew Cooper have a spell with the SDP as well - but only Dave made him a lord.

Meanwhile I go unrecognised.

• Options
    justin124 said:

Witan said:

justin124 said:

I don't know about senility but you need to pee a lot more (I am told)

• Options
    OGH: Even though today's Populus online poll has a CON lead Electoral Calculus has LAB biggest party 12 short

........ and the LibDems fitting into three taxis!
  • Options
    SmarmeronSmarmeron Posts: 5,099
    @MikeSmithson
    Lord Smithson of Arbitrage?
  • Options
    MaxPB said:

The Monday poll is conducted over the weekend and the Friday poll is condected on Wednesday AMD Thursday. Labour profit more from good moods and idealism (weekends) and the Tories profitffrom bad moods and realism (working week).
    Fortunately for the Tories general elections are on Thursdays.

• Options
    MikeK said:

MikeK said:

UKIP - 36.9% (+21.9)
    CON - 31.5% (+3.4)
    LDEM - 15.7% (-23.2)
    LAB - 12.8% (-5.2)
    GRN - 3.2% (+3.2)

CON - 46.5% (+0.2)
    UKIP - 42.2% (+16.1)
    LDEM - 5.9% (-6.9)
    LAB - 5.4% (-9.3)

GRN - 42.8% (-4.3)
    LAB - 33.8% (+2.3)
    UKIP - 11.2% (+11.2)
    CON - 9.9% (-11.6)
    TUSC - 2.4% (+2.4)

I am not a pollster TSE and you know it. So what you just wrote is irrelevant. I make optimistic guesses with no claim to accuracy. If you want accuracy, pay me.

kinda misses the point - you want to diss Populus because you don't like the result.
  • Options

Baron Smithson has a better ring to it, for me.
  • Options
    WitanWitan Posts: 26
    justin124 said:

Witan said:

justin124 said:

I don't think Cooper is senile. In fact I am sure he is not.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    MikeK said:

MikeK said:

How on earth can you debunk Populus after writing that your "predictions" and so general posts on anything UKIP related are airy-fairy nonsense ?

How many seats are you predicting for UKIP again ?
  • Options
    TheuniondivvieTheuniondivvie Posts: 40,124
    taffys said:

Baron Smithson has a better ring to it, for me.

A copious peer of the realm it would appear, whatever the title.
  • Options

Nowadays many postal votes cast the previous weekend too!
  • Options

justin124 said:

Didn't Andrew Cooper have a spell with the SDP as well - but only Dave made him a lord.

Defect to the Tory Party, you know you want too.
  • Options
    @TheScreamingEagles
    The Tory party is already full of defects, does it need more?
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 40,930
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    Smarmeron said:

@TheScreamingEagles
    The Tory party is already full of defects, does it need more?

If we're polling ahead with two different pollsters, including the Gold standard, I think Labour are the ones with the defects, how come Ed is trailing, the out of touch, aristo posho Buller boy?
  • Options

justin124 said:

Yes he did - and subsequently joined the Owenite rump before becoming a Tory just before the 92 election. He has been drifting rightwards all the time. When will he join UKIP?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

MikeK said:

MikeK said:

How on earth can you debunk Populus after writing that your "predictions" and so general posts on anything UKIP related are airy-fairy nonsense ?

Nearly as bad as the Diane James' predictions on the Newark by-election show, talking about Helmer was going to poll a record UKIP high and UKIP getting 60 MPs
  • Options

justin124 said:

Defect to the Tory Party, you know you want too.
    No Mike Smithson should become a Kipper: he's be an MP in no time. ;)
  • Options
    @TheScreamingEagles
    Ignore all polls till you find one that suits?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    isam said:
    I see a Mujahideen flag there, but not the ISIS one.

It is still very concerning, nevertheless.
  • Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    US launches Iraq militant air strike

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28709530
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

MikeK said:

MikeK said:

I am predicting 28 seats for UKIP as of the present time. However it's more a hope than a prediction.
  • Options
    Smarmeron said:

@TheScreamingEagles
    Ignore all polls till you find one that suits?

I'm not ignoring the polls.

I'm generally content with the trend of the polls, Do you want me to post the average of the YouGov's for the last 24 months?

I've said it before, if every pollster bar ICM had the Tories ahead, and ICM had Lab ahead, I'd still trust ICM over all the other pollsters.

isam can confirm, I've put my money where my mouth is when it comes to ICM.
  • Options

justin124 said:

Next time Mike, next time.
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Pulpstar said:

MikeK said:

MikeK said:

I am predicting 28 seats for UKIP as of the present time. However it's more a hope than a prediction.
    3 I reckon. And that is a prediction, not hope.
  • Options
    HurstLlamaHurstLlama Posts: 9,098
    edited August 2014
    "Royal Air Force to Drop Relief Supplies to Iraqi Refugees"

It would seem that Crab Air are getting involved in Iraq after all. UK Forces News Network say that the Crabs will not only be dropping supplies but providing refuelling and surveillance missions to support the Septics. That is a big step and I am surprised that HMG has not formally announced it. From no involvement to supportive involvement is a much bigger step than from supportive involvement to using mud movers.

http://forces.tv/00162669

This is all SeanT's doing.
  • Options
    bigjohnowlsbigjohnowls Posts: 21,873
    Todays Populus LAB 318 CON 288 LD 17 Other 26

EICIPM Less than 9 months to go
  • Options
    MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 50,125
    The soufflé is rising nicely. Going to be plating beautifully by next May.....
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,480
    edited August 2014
    An ex Ranger's player tweets about Celtic, oh dear

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bug0_9GIEAAyZlA.jpg
  • Options

justin124 said:

Next time Mike, next time.
    Going to be a hell of a lot of LibDem ex-MP's wanting a peerage next May.
  • Options
    ICM was the only pollster to understate the Labour lead in 97. A week before polling day it showed the lead at only 5% - compared with the actual outcome of 13%
  • Options
    BBC now trying to wriggle out of those damning Gaza casualty figures; but oh they cannot bare it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28688179
  • Options
    FPT, I hear that JackW is only going to be treating us to one more outpouring of his McARSE ahead of the real vote.

What's happened - have the other pollsters had a whip-round and given him a bung?
  • Options
    Pulpstar said:

MikeK said:

Pulpstar said:

MikeK said:

MikeK said:

3 I reckon. And that is a prediction, not hope.
    I reckon it'll be all or nothing.

Either zero or 4-5
  • Options
    MikeK said:

Pulpstar said:

MikeK said:

MikeK said:

28 more than my prediction.
  • Options
    Draw is layable at 3-1 in the test now, seeing as the game is miles ahead of schedule (16 wickets by lunch day 2) the rain spooking the market is an opportunity I've taken
  • Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,901
    What a poll! Obviously much better for the Tories.

But what a messy outcome.
  • Options
    SlackbladderSlackbladder Posts: 9,704
    justin124 said:

ICM was the only pollster to understate the Labour lead in 97. A week before polling day it showed the lead at only 5% - compared with the actual outcome of 13%

OGH would tell you that you can't use polling data so far in the past, as methodologies have changed so much.
  • Options
    justin124 said:

But their final poll had it at 10%
  • Options
    MaxPBMaxPB Posts: 37,607

MaxPB said:

One hopes that when it comes to the general election people won't let these small factors influence their decision and the result will be based on the policies of each party...

Good thing it's on Thursday indeed.
  • Options
    @Slackbladder
    Methodologies are a "guestumation", and therefore down to an element of chance,
    As all posters change methodologies regularly, you are looking at a Grand National, where the "best horse" doesn't always win.
This discussion has been closed.