Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Yet another pollster has LAB dropping to the mid-30s

SystemSystem Posts: 11,002
edited May 2013 in General

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Yet another pollster has LAB dropping to the mid-30s

If a party wants my support at the next general election, it is important to me that they offer a referendum on Britain’s membership of the EU

Read the full story here

Comments

• TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 113,969
    edited May 2013
    Blimey, sleazy broken Labour on the slide again. It's becoming a trend.

That Ed as likely next PM finding is interesting.

The great unwashed really think he is crap

If Ed really is opposing a referendum, Sir Humphrey would say it is a courageous decision.

UKIP must be delighted.
  • MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,281
    So where is most of the UKIP gain coming from?????
  • MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792

Blimey, sleazy broken Labour on the slide again. It's becoming a trend.

That Ed as likely next PM finding is interesting.

The great unwashed really think he is crap

If Ed really is opposing a referendum, Sir Humphrey would say it is a courageous decision.

How long before ruthless turncoat Ed " Eye of the Tiger " Miliband changes his tune on an EU referendum ? A couple of months ?

• anotherDaveanotherDave Posts: 6,746
    MikeL said:

Survation did suggest that >16% UKIP would take more support from Labour than the Conservatives.

http://survation.com/2013/05/local-elections-2013-seat-projections-too-conservative/

That was before the swivel-eyed-loons story broke of course. :-)
  • Sunil_PrasannanSunil_Prasannan Posts: 48,922
    For those interested in the UK's past record at Eurovision:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_in_the_Eurovision_Song_Contest
  • kle4kle4 Posts: 91,408
    edited May 2013
    Not much of a surprise to see Cameron drop to a new low, having categorically proven he has zero control over the restless elements of his party, which is now a truly significant amount. He's had decent ratings until now, but it's hard to see how someone can claim with a straight face he is a good leader when so many in his party have no respect for him and no compunction in demonstrating that lack of respect. He may well have quality, if his praisers are right (I myself have done so in the past), but he is clearly no longer a leader to them, even if he once was.

Not sure why Ed M would see a pick up, unless it's just from being out of sight (no slur on him there, just that I don't remember him doing anything recently that would explain a rise)
  • MonikerDiCanioMonikerDiCanio Posts: 5,792
    MikeL said:

UKIP + 4 % , Tories - 1% , Labour - 3 %.
  • peterbusspeterbuss Posts: 109
    Thats what happens when a Party (or a section of it) becomes ungovernable),That section loses all sense of political reason as it goes on it wild abandoned road of demanding this and that and the result is that all it does is seriously damage the PM which in turn does just as much damage to the chnaces of themj being reelected. Then to cap it all these selfsame MP's will then claim that the PM is no longer popular- that he is a weak leader etc etc.You truly couldn't make it up.I never thought we would see a re-run of the 90's.I had thought my lot had maybe learnt the lesson.Its clear that some haven't and they are deterrmind to destroy David Cameron unles they get their own way. No Leader - not even Maggie could control this lot in this mood because they are simply too self obsessed and self indulgent.Those MP's on the Right of the Party need to be very very careful that they don't take our support for granted.
    Are we due an Opinium poll tonight too?
  • CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758

MikeL said:

Survation did suggest that >16% UKIP would take more support from Labour than the Conservatives.

http://survation.com/2013/05/local-elections-2013-seat-projections-too-conservative/

The intriguing thing for me is the journalists *know* who this person was. The rumour is that it will come out tomorrow. If true then essentially they are manipulating the news: keeping information secret (and trashing Feldman's reputation - assuming it wasn't him - in the process) for their selfish commercial purposes.
    ComRes/The Sunil on Sunday:

Tory/UKIP: 48%
    Progressives: 43%
  • john_zimsjohn_zims Posts: 3,399
    Red calls it wrong on EU referendum.

After three years of the blank piece of paper malarkey,the only policy Red comes up with is completely out of touch with public opinion..
    edited May 2013
    peterbuss said:

Thats what happens when a Party (or a section of it) becomes ungovernable),That section loses all sense of political reason as it goes on it wild abandoned road of demanding this and that and the result is that all it does is seriously damage the PM which in turn does just as much damage to the chnaces of themj being reelected.

Indeed - apparently Tories, hurt by recent losses and spurred on by longtime malcontents, are willing to push the self destruct button and destroy the leader now, because they think that will improve their prospects? Rather than looking like they are chasing after UKIP and stinking of desperation.

edited May 2013
    Charles said:

MikeL said:

The intriguing thing for me is the journalists *know* who this person was. The rumour is that it will come out tomorrow. If true then essentially they are manipulating the news: keeping information secret (and trashing Feldman's reputation - assuming it wasn't him - in the process) for their selfish commercial purposes.
    As I understand it the reason they're not actually naming the person is due to the 'lobby' protocol/agreement.

Mr Feldman's statement appears to confirm he is the person. He put himself in the picture.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/fraser-nelson/2013/05/lord-feldman-denies-calling-tory-activists-right-wing-loons/
    john_zims said:

After three years of the blank piece of paper malarkey,the only policy Red comes up with is completely out of touch with public opinion..

I imagine becoming PM will sooth any concern he feels at that.

Labour clearly intend to do no more than they have to do to win in 2015, and so far it is working.

edited May 2013
    tim said:

peterbuss said:

Thats what happens when a Party (or a section of it) becomes ungovernable),That section loses all sense of political reason as it goes on it wild abandoned road of demanding this and that and the result is that all it does is seriously damage the PM which in turn does just as much damage to the chnaces of themj being reelected. Then to cap it all these selfsame MP's will then claim that the PM is no longer popular- that he is a weak leader etc etc.You truly couldn't make it up.I never thought we would see a re-run of the 90's.I had thought my lot had maybe learnt the lesson.Its clear that some haven't and they are deterrmind to destroy David Cameron unles they get their own way. No Leader - not even Maggie could control this lot in this mood because they are simply too self obsessed and self indulgent.Those MP's on the Right of the Party need to be very very careful that they don't take our support for granted.

That's all true, but Cameron should have known not to feed these lunatics, they can never be satisfied.
    And in pandering to them he's sown the seeds of his own condition.
    He's essentially acknolwedged to anyone in the centre he will kowtow to his grassroots and chase after UKIP, losing them and the message of his leadership, while gaining nothing in return because the UKIPers will never be satisfied with what they are offered or trust him to deliver it even if they like the sound of it.

Oddly for a man who is Prime Minister, but in some ways Cameron seems even more of a dead man walking that political zombie Nick Clegg, who's only been kept in place so long to prevent the risk of an early break up and prevent too much of the Tory contagion being associated with the next leader.

tim said:

Charles said:

MikeL said:

Chum Feldman has essentially admitted it was him hasn't he, claiming that the journo's should've put their stories to him first, and placing himself at the restaurant (with the silver spoon)

He's denied it outright, and then said that the journos have allowed rumour to take hold by not checking it with him first. I suppose he is making the argument that the a 'reasonable man' would conclude it was him from the sketchy description provided by the papers.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/conservative/10065884/Conservative-co-chairman-Lord-Feldman-denies-calling-Tory-party-activists-swivel-eyed-loons.html

• surbitonsurbiton Posts: 13,549
    kle4 said:

john_zims said:

Labour clearly intend to do no more than they have to do to win in 2015, and so far it is working.

Who cares about the EU referendum ?
    surbiton said:

kle4 said:

john_zims said:

Who cares about the EU referendum ?
    Many people would like one - I was just pointing out that Labour are not going to lose the next GE if they keep to their current position, as their base is much more secure and it's the Tories imploding which will keep Labour on track with an even lower bar to cross.

Labour at mid-30's:

The sum total of all parties is still 100%. If UKIP climbs to 19%, they have to come from somewhere.

The question should be asked is how are the 35% - 29% distributed ?

I bet if you Baxter the poll, Labour onto a hefty majority.

Good old FPTP. You just love it !

• What a sorry indictment of our political class the recent polls have been. The Tories, squabbling over the EU, gay marriage and intent on alienating their activists, and Labour, unable to make hay while the sun shines.

• CarolaCarola Posts: 1,805
    edited May 2013
    'SunTel/ICM Wisdom Index poll Lab 32 (down 4) Con 29 (down 1) LibDem 16 (down 1) UKIP 15 (n/a' telegraph
    surbiton said:

Labour at mid-30's:

The sum total of all parties is still 100%. If UKIP climbs to 19%, they have to come from somewhere.

Presumably Baxter is based on UNS though. I can't believe that UKIP will be UNS though. For instance, they don't appear to have much traction in Scotland ;-)

Seriously, though, I suspect the majority of the damage to the Tories is in many safe seats in the rural south. The interesting question - which could hit Labour - is if they take protesting Tories + protesting Labour in the North & a unenthusiastic Labour core leads to depressed turn out.

Not sure how that will play out - or whether Baxter's model works at these levels of support for UKIP.
    Charles said:

surbiton said:

Labour at mid-30's:

Presumably Baxter is based on UNS though. I can't believe that UKIP will be UNS though. For instance, they don't appear to have much traction in Scotland ;-)

Seriously, though, I suspect the majority of the damage to the Tories is in many safe seats in the rural south. The interesting question - which could hit Labour - is if they take protesting Tories + protesting Labour in the North & a unenthusiastic Labour core leads to depressed turn out.

Not sure how that will play out - or whether Baxter's model works at these levels of support for UKIP.
    The shape of this poll, and the May local elections result, fits with Mr Baxter's projections (upper table)

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/Analysis_UKIP.html
    tim said:

Guido Fawkes ‏@GuidoFawkes 3m
    ComRes Indy/Mirror Poll shows personal ratings for Cameron plunging from -3 to -25, now worse than Miliband at -11 (+4)

How long do the Tory party plan to put up with this chump and his chums?

Dave hasn't had time to digest the polls. He is in Tesco before the Saturday evening close. Our Man of the People.
    Here we go! Woohoo!
    edited May 2013
    @Kle4

'Labour clearly intend to do no more than they have to do to win in 2015, and so far it is working.'

And the closer they get to 2015 the more their poll lead gets cut.

In the perfect storm we've had in the past few weeks the best Labour can get is 3 - 9% poll leads,still they seem to be happy to rely on a core vote strategy and the electoral system.
  • MrJonesMrJones Posts: 3,523
    -1 plays -3. Crosby's suicide dog-whistling working?
  • PongPong Posts: 4,693
    edited May 2013
    Eurovision Betting

I've laid Spain to come last @ 2.6

Please note, this is not a tip. My betting record on Eurovision is terrible.

Where's URW when you need him?
    Doctor Who, tonight, oh my god.

I think my brain just exploded in excitement.
    tim said:

surbiton said:

Labour at mid-30's:

Lab Maj 74

If Labour lose a couple of percent to UKIP while Cameron trashes his leader ratings and splits the right it's not the end of the world.

And I suspect we're now going to see a round of Cameron trying to appear strong, which is always amusing in a jaw jutting but chinless sort of way.

So, let's see another flounce before spending a week in an English seaside town before flying off to some private yacht somewhere warm.
    john_zims said:

@Kle4

'Labour clearly intend to do no more than they have to do to win in 2015, and so far it is working.'

And the closer they get to 2015 the more their poll lead gets cut.

In the perfect storm we've had in the past few weeks the best Labour can get is 3 - 9% poll leads,I would have thought that to rely on a core vote strategy and the electoral system was risky for any party.

It is risky. I wish Labour would at least try to reach out a bit more beyond their base, but I think Ed M and co are too cautious and canny to risk any chance of saying the wrong thing, and will do nothing more than they need to retain the necessary percentage lead.
    Patrick Hennessy @PatJHennessy8m

SunTel/ICM 'Wisdom Index' asks voters to predict gen elect result. Lab lead of 3 is lowest since index began in 2012 @telegraph
  • TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950
    edited May 2013
    well let's not get carried away about "imploding" - the Cons aren't at least as far as the polls are concerned or if they are so are Lab.

The issue is that a NOTA movement is hitting both parties and the uniquely irritating thing for the Cons is that it is embodied by a "right wing" anti-EU party rather than tree-huggers so they are coming off worse.

As for his party becoming unbidable I think Cam has made a large error in not imposing his will but he made that mistake from day 1 and I think it's due to the uniqueness of this coalition.

Where does that take us? Well if Merv is right, the numbers bear him out and we see an economic upturn, the rest is details and Lab will have a real job on their hands.

After all, the criticisms of EdM and Cam are not so disimilar right now (lack of policy focus, infighting, unruly elements, yet no real challenger).
    Chris Ship ‏@chrisshipitv 1m

More bad news for David Cameron coming up later tonight in one of the Sundays. It's not turning out to be a very chillaxing weekend..

Charles said:

surbiton said:

Labour at mid-30's:

The shape of this poll, and the May local elections result, fits with Mr Baxter's projections (upper table)

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/Analysis_UKIP.html
    My point, though, is that UKIP support is not uniformally distributed (e.g. Lincolnshire, Thanet/Kent are areas of strength, Scotland and SW appear to be relatively weak).

Baxter is based on UNS. This is both positive for UKIP - if they are smart they could win some seats on a substantially lower level of national support (although I don't think they will), but also it means that there is less certainity about the impact.

My contention is that most Tory losses will be in safe seats - rural, Southern. The question is what happens in the Northern marginals. Perhaps they could threaten Labour's vote (through an appeal to disaffected/tactical Tories, NOTA and disaffected Labour?)
    After all, the criticisms of EdM and Cam are not so disimilar right now (lack of policy focus, infighting, unruly elements, yet no real challenger).

It's a matter of scale. They could be said to be similar, but now Cameron appears to not even received a veneer of respect from his party, and so his ability to get a grip on them is far less than Ed M with his.

That means his ability to rise to the challenges and turn things around is far less than Ed M right now.

If Cameron can turn this around, I salute him, but right now and based on his past ability to do so, he hasn't a hope.
  • eckythumpereckythumper Posts: 27
    john zims
    You seem to forget that we are now in five year fixed parliaments and Labour do not have to publish anything for another year and when they do you will be pleasantly surprised. You see since 2010 the party has not been sitting on it's backside, it has been out in the country asking people what they would like to see in their manifesto and the response has been breathtaking.
    So do try and be a little patient
  • SocratesSocrates Posts: 10,322
    If UKIP keep these numbers up, it looks like we could transition to a three party system.
    David Morton ‏@DavidMorton359 49s

GAYS. This is our Thermopylae. The UKOPIANS are at the gate. #eurovision
    Socrates said:

If UKIP keep these numbers up, it looks like we could transition to a three party system.

4 party system. THe LD's winning about 20 seats [ I think more ] and UKIP probably zero !
  • Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 60,933
    Good evening, everyone.

All the big four parties' numbers are rather interesting. Not sure I believe any of them, though.

Mr. Eagles, surely the Thermopylae of gays was, er, Thermopylae?
    We can't be far from a Westminster VI poll showing UKIP on 20%.
    surbiton said:

Socrates said:

4 party system. THe LD's winning about 20 seats [ I think more ] and UKIP probably zero !
    I think the ultimate endgame could be a 3 party system in 2020 - on the basis that their numbers and lack of chance to ever govern alone makes the LDs more a half party, so if they and, oen day down the line (if they are lucky) UKIP get 30-40 each and the others several hundred, two halfs will make it from 2.5 to 3 party.

• TOPPINGTOPPING Posts: 40,950
    kle4 said:

It's a matter of scale. They could be said to be similar, but now Cameron appears to not even received a veneer of respect from his party, and so his ability to get a grip on them is far less than Ed M with his.

That means his ability to rise to the challenges and turn things around is far less than Ed M right now.

If Cameron can turn this around, I salute him, but right now and based on his past ability to do so, he hasn't a hope.

Let's see what he has to turn around. If it is just his EU policy that isn't going anywhere, 2017 is the date, and the issue will blow over.

If it's a "what are you rebelling against? - What have you got?" type situation then yes he has problems and he has empowered the solipsistic, loon (there yes I said it, it was me) MPs to scour the manifesto for rebellion-appropriate issues. If they (the loon MPs) really are going to take that path then I will fall into line with those who say they deserve the endless time in opposition they get.

Good evening, everyone.

All the big four parties' numbers are rather interesting. Not sure I believe any of them, though.

Mr. Eagles, surely the Thermopylae of gays was, er, Thermopylae?

I'm too focused on Doctor Who at the moment.

Though I have compared David Cameron to Xerxes I in the past.
    @Morris_Dancer?

Big Four? The Lib Dems are on 8%. It's getting close to the point where they should be classed within "Others".
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 35,765
    FPT Another Richard, I can't speak for Herts./Beds. Conservatives as a whole. I can say that it would not be polite to repeat what people in Hertsmere say about Cameron.
    Socrates said:

@Morris_Dancer?

Big Four? The Lib Dems are on 8%. It's getting close to the point where they should be classed within "Others".

They have polled lower in the past and recovered to finish third in general elections.
    @eckythumper

' it has been out in the country asking people what they would like to see in their manifesto and the response has been breathtaking.'

They must have missed the 49% of people that want an EU referendum.
    @TheScreamingEagles

Perhaps, but in the past there wasn't another party bigger than them. Perhaps they could merge with the Greens?
  • david_kendrick1david_kendrick1 Posts: 325
    edited May 2013
    Knocking copy usually works.But not always.

'Loons', 'headbangers', 'fruitcakes', lunatics' and other descriptions of UKIP supporters and activists may have had a negative effect once. But when it is clear that we have the zeigeist in our favour, those doing the sneering merely appear unpleasant and out-of-touch. By now, this approach is probably counter-productive. UKIP voters feel ignored and disrespected by the main parties, and this superciliousness confirms the feeling that we are right.

I used to encourage my salesman to always respect the opposition however bad they appeared to be, but never to be frightened by the competion, however good they seemed.

The key point is this: people like to have a choice.
    Mr. Eagles, it finished about half an hour ago. Get a grip, or will I have to knock some sense into you with a spade?

Bah. The Persians were mostly rubbish. Shapur II was a pretty good leader. Chosroes II was especially interesting.

http://thaddeusthesixth.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/fall-rise-and-defeat-of-chosroes.html
    Asked the exact question Conservatives want to put the public in the 2017 referendum – “Do you think that the UK should remain a member of the EU” – 46 per cent opt to come out, a higher figure than in other recent surveys.

Just 30 per cent say they want to remain.

In a further boost for the eurosceptic cause, 44 per cent want an “in/out” referendum immediately, although 29 per cent are prepared to wait until 2017, David Cameron's preferred option.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/active/10066273/Lets-quit-EU-say-46-per-cent-of-voters-in-poll.html
    Kle 4, a poll rating of 35% or thereabouts mid-term is woeful. It'll be less in 2015
  • AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340
    The Moldovan singer's dress appears to have been constructed out of washing-up bottles by a Blue Peter presenter.
    Socrates said:

@TheScreamingEagles

Perhaps, but in the past there wasn't another party bigger than them. Perhaps they could merge with the Greens?

Yes there was a party bigger than them, the greens.

Socrates said:

@Morris_Dancer?

They have polled lower in the past and recovered to finish third in general elections.
    But OGH reminds us that finishing third is pointless under FPTP?

Mr. Eagles, it finished about half an hour ago. Get a grip, or will I have to knock some sense into you with a spade?

Bah. The Persians were mostly rubbish. Shapur II was a pretty good leader. Chosroes II was especially interesting.

http://thaddeusthesixth.blogspot.co.uk/2012/02/fall-rise-and-defeat-of-chosroes.html

I was watching it on a slight delay.

The Persians were overrated.

I can wait for the Sequel to 300 to be released this year.
    @tim

I'm talking in terms of polling numbers, not seats.
    Sean_F said:

Kle 4, a poll rating of 35% or thereabouts mid-term is woeful. It'll be less in 2015

I think they'll rebound a little, but even if 35% is woeful, it may be enough, that was the principal point.

Sean_F said:

Won't they get some of the left-leaning UKIP vote back?
    antifrank said:

The Moldovan singer's dress appears to have been constructed out of washing-up bottles by a Blue Peter presenter.

It reminds me of the outfit Ambassador Kosh wore in Babylon 5.

antifrank said:

It's now lifted her up about 15 feet!
    I saw 300 when it come to TV. Not very impressed, to be honest.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 75,842
    Broken sleazy labour on the slide.
    It may be that UKIP, like Labour 1922-24, are unstoppable. In which case, it doesn't matter what Cameron says or does.
    So is the sequel to 300 going to be called 301 or 299?

I saw 300 when it come to TV. Not very impressed, to be honest.

It was enjoyable.

Though I have this urge to go around kicking people who annoy in the stomach and saying

"This is Sheffield"
    antifrank said:

Didn't they all die at the end? So "Zero"?

:)
    Jein, Mr. F.

Cameron may not be able to stop UKIP, but if he can enable the Conservatives to survive then the political landscape could be permanently shifted to the right.
    antifrank said:

It is going to be called 300: Rise of an Empire.
    edited May 2013
    This Finnish entry gets my vote.

I'll refrain from saying my dong has just been dinging.
    @Pulpstar

'Broken sleazy labour on the slide.'

It must have been those photos of Ed the millionaire man of the people eating fish & chips on the Newcastle ferry.

You mean she looks OK? :)
    Finland shows why the opposition to gay marriage is doomed to failure if the young male demographic is properly engaged.
    What if the election ends with a hung parliament, UKIP on about 15% of the vote and the Lib Dems on 10%. Would the Lib Dems still want to have PR as part of a coalition deal? It would be relegating themselves to fourth party status.
    Fernando Alonso's wife is now on representing Spain
    Mr. Eagles, that is a strange urge for a man who lives in Manchester.

Rise of an Empire?

*sighs*

Greece never really had an empire. Athens developed a sea-based hegemony in the Aegean, as Sparta had on the peninsula, but neither could really be called empires. When Sparta won the Peloponnesian War it didn't exactly found an empire, and then got spanked by the Thebans.

Epaminondas is sadly underrated.

Rise of an Empire?

*sighs*

Greece never really had an empire. Athens developed a sea-based hegemony in the Aegean, as Sparta had on the peninsula, but neither could really be called empires. When Sparta won the Peloponnesian War it didn't exactly found an empire, and then got spanked by the Thebans.

Epaminondas is sadly underrated.

For most of the last month, I've been living in Sheffield

The film centers on Themistokles and Artemisia I of Caria, as well as Xerxes I of Persia. It originally went under the working title of Battle of Artemisium
    Socrates, I just don't know. I have friends in UKIP who are ex-Conservatives, but I don't know any of their supporters who are left-wing (though "Pimpernel" on Vote 2012 is ex-Labour, now UKIP Kent Councillor and might give you some views). UKIP's strength is that it can win over voters who would never vote Conservative.

Rise of an Empire?

*sighs*

Greece never really had an empire.

The word Empire is easier for those unfamiliar with the nuances to understand. See Aztec and Incan 'Empires'.

Belgium singing in English? The French will be furious.
    edited May 2013
    Socrates said:

What if the election ends with a hung parliament, UKIP on about 15% of the vote and the Lib Dems on 10%. Would the Lib Dems still want to have PR as part of a coalition deal? It would be relegating themselves to fourth party status.

It would be a true test of their principles.
    antifrank said:

Belgium singing in English? The French will be furious.

Another humiliation for Ed's BFF.

Oh dear - Mum and I are having an argument about whether they're miming!
  • CarolaCarola Posts: 1,805
    edited May 2013
    There's a bloke on with robotic eyebrows. And robotic dancers.
  • foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

I did tip it last thread!

Shame on Turkey for not showing it.

Ding Dong!
    Centers? Mr. Eagles, exile yourself to RepublicanHome.

Mr. kle4, perhaps.
    tim said:

My god, Paul Simon and Chris de Burgh had a son.

Musically, both would disown him.

Centers? Mr. Eagles, exile yourself to RepublicanHome.

Mr. kle4, perhaps.

I just c&p from a website.

So no exile for me.
  • MikeLMikeL Posts: 7,281
    ComRes - Best Prime Minister?

Cameron 32
    Miliband 24
    Clegg 6

Cameron 3% above Con. Miliband 11% below Lab.

Public has obviously lost all faith in Cam and hate his guts.

LOL - you couldn't make up most of the nonsense you read on here.
    Sean_F said:

It may be that UKIP, like Labour 1922-24, are unstoppable. In which case, it doesn't matter what Cameron says or does.

The 'vetogasm' hit UKIP's numbers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_next_United_Kingdom_general_election#Graphical_summary
    MikeL said:

ComRes - Best Prime Minister?

Cameron 32
    Miliband 24
    Clegg 6

Cameron 3% above Con. Miliband 11% below Lab.

Public has obviously lost all faith in Cam and hate his guts.

LOL - you couldn't make up most of the nonsense you read on here.

Well, the fact he cannot control his own party is perhaps more significant, as clearly many of them are not the ones voting for him in such a poll, or they'd stop making him look like he has no authority with them.

I see that tinsel is not confined to Christmas in Belarus.
    OK Belarus gets my vote now
  • foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548
    Belarus goes for the scantily clad blonde vote.

Works for me.
    I know, deep down, I'm very shallow.
This discussion has been closed.