Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » Tonight’s World Cup Final – how party supporters are split

Comments

• Options
    MarkHopkinsMarkHopkins Posts: 5,584
    About 900m people will be watching the World Cup.

That's around 13% of the world population.

So that makes the World Cup about as popular as UKIP.
  • Options
    BobaFettBobaFett Posts: 2,789
    Poor game so far. Pretty awful finishing and both teams look tired.
  • Options
    TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 114,714
    How much fun was it seeing Alastair Cook bowling today?

Also, Gary Ballance, the new Shane Warne?
  • Options
    Ladbrokes have a half time price boost, Higuain to score next and Argies to win 1 nil at 20/1 - I'm on
  • Options
    DecrepitJohnLDecrepitJohnL Posts: 13,300

I'm backing Argentina, I don't know why. Germany are a good team but their style still doesn't excite me.

The side that defeated Brazil 7-1 doesn't excite you?

Tell me, have you been diagnosed anhedonic?
    Unlike Brazil, Argentina actually has a defence.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,076
    edited July 2014
    BobaFett said:

Really??? I am on the edge of my seat!

I have backed

Miroslav Klose 9
    Andre Schurrle 15.52
    Mesut Ozil 19
    Gonzalo Higuain 11.5
    Ezequiel Lavezzi 25.13
    Enzo Perez 75
    Lucas Biglia 152.3

FGS to make it a bit interesting I guess!!
  • Options
    SeanT said:

I'm supporting the Argies. The team with talent and genius should win the World Cup. Talent should always, ultimately, outrank organisation, skill and commitment.

The only genius on show is Lionel Messi.

Joachim Löw is also a genius.

• Options
    TykejohnnoTykejohnno Posts: 7,362

SeanT said:

I'm supporting the Argies. The team with talent and genius should win the World Cup. Talent should always, ultimately, outrank organisation, skill and commitment.

He may not be a genius but Thomas Müller will end up as one of the all time greats.
  • Options
    isam said:

BobaFett said:

I have backed

Miroslav Klose 9
    Andre Schurrle 15.52
    Mesut Ozil 19
    Gonzalo Higuain 11.5
    Ezequiel Lavezzi 25.13
    Enzo Perez 75
    Lucas Biglia 152.3

:) I haven't got a bet on tonight, not even FGS. Simply cannot call this game - Argies possibly have a slight edge but there's precious little in it.

Don't care who wins - both teams are arch rivals of England - possibly have a slight preference for the Argies because Messi is sheer class.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

BobaFett said:

Bollocks. Good final, so far, after an amazing tournament.
    Fantastic tournament. But dire finishing has spoiled the first half.

• Options
    NinoinozNinoinoz Posts: 1,312
    isam said:

No he didn't, he was asked who he would rather live next door to and he answered in the way that most of the country, no matter who they vote for, would have

No need for the grandiose statements, get over yourself

How about this for a UKIP election slogan:

If you want a paedo for a neighbour, vote Conservative.
  • Options
    foxinsoxukfoxinsoxuk Posts: 23,548

@LuckyGuy

The Hillsborough inquiry was chaired by a non legal type, the Bishop of Liverpool.

Your suggestion that Jeremy Paxman chairs the Paedo inquiry is a complete non starter.

Newsnight didn't run the Jimmy Savile story and smeared Lord McAlpine as a paedo, which ultimately saw the resignation of the BBC Director-General.

So he'd be tainted from the start.

Interesting info thanks. Yes, I suppose Paxman or any BBC insider would be unsuitable. Speaking of Bishops, perhaps Archbishop of York John Sentamu would be good.
    Not sure a cleric is the best person in view of the history of ecclesiastical abuse and failure to act on early warnings.
  • Options
    OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 32,133

I've seen Cook bowl in a County game. Four years ago or thereabouts. Took 2-13 in four overs IIRC.
  • Options
    corporealcorporeal Posts: 2,549
    SeanT said:

Lord and Lady St Leven, in their castle on St Michael's Mount, where they've lived for 400 years.

That's some healthy living there.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

isam said:

BobaFett said:

I have backed

Miroslav Klose 9
    Andre Schurrle 15.52
    Mesut Ozil 19
    Gonzalo Higuain 11.5
    Ezequiel Lavezzi 25.13
    Enzo Perez 75
    Lucas Biglia 152.3

:) I haven't got a bet on tonight, not even FGS. Simply cannot call this game - Argies possibly have a slight edge but there's precious little in it.

Don't care who wins - both teams are arch rivals of England - possibly have a slight preference for the Argies because Messi is sheer class.
    Cannigia 1990 made me an Argie fan.. almost more than England

Grew my hair, dyed it blonde, wore the Argie shirt for PE, the lot!

Love his goal vs Brazil after Maradona had done all the hard work

That said, I don't really care who wins this one. But I think it has been a good game, so have to disagree that its been poor

The anti German/Argentina rhetoric on here is tongue in cheek right?
  • Options

I've seen Cook bowl in a County game. Four years ago or thereabouts. Took 2-13 in four overs IIRC.
    It was the Bob Willis impression that had me in stitches.
  • Options
    fitalassfitalass Posts: 4,279
    Every Scot I know is supporting Germany tonight. My middle lad is in Holland this week, and he and his mates were hoping that the Dutch would make it through to the final. When they didn't make it, they then arranged to take a trip to Germany today to watch the final there instead. :)

Wonder why Lab VI are, relative to the others Argie fans?

Sticking one to Fatcha?

UKIP outliers comme d'habitude.....

Scots?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

No he's not. He's very very good. I can number the true footie geniuses I've seen on tv on one hand.

Messi
    Cruyff
    Ronaldo
    Ronaldo
    Maradona

... Struggling to think of others....
    PELE
  • Options
    Dire finishing in this game.

Even from Messi.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

No he's not. He's very very good. I can number the true footie geniuses I've seen on tv on one hand.

Messi
    Cruyff
    Ronaldo
    Ronaldo
    Maradona

Thierry Henry?
  • Options
    Ninoinoz said:

isam said:

No he didn't, he was asked who he would rather live next door to and he answered in the way that most of the country, no matter who they vote for, would have

Perhaps this kipper could be the neighbour?

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/news/home/article/2964/ukip-paedophile-royal-butler-jailed-for-12-years
  • Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,030
    Good evening, everyone.

Bah. Karlovic lost the first set. Quite annoyed, as the bet looked nice. Oh well.
  • Options
    @isam

I was probably overdoing it - to call the game poor was a bit of an overstatement. Just very frustrated by the finishing, there really should have been two or three goals by now.
  • Options
    In 2 major tournamemts,1990 world cup and Euro 96 ,I would say Gazza was the best player there ;-) and in my opinion,he was a genius ;-)
  • Options
    SeanT said:

20/1 against ARG winning 1/0 looks generous.

Isn't it a double with Higuain FGS?
  • Options
    SeanT said:

20/1 against ARG winning 1/0 looks generous.

Its Higuain to score 1st and it to be 1-0

Could happen but 20/1 appalling odds

the two singles were 12/1 and 9/2 on Betfair
  • Options

Good evening, everyone.

Bah. Karlovic lost the first set. Quite annoyed, as the bet looked nice. Oh well.

Yeah but he's leading in the third set.
  • Options
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Messi
    Cruyff
    Ronaldo
    Ronaldo
    Maradona

PELE
    I can't remember watching him live on TV tho. Which was my criterion. Think he retired just before i became aware of football.
    Sorry about that ;-) nice to see you back though ;-)
  • Options
    How on earth is that a German free kick?
  • Options
    Mr. Eagles, ahem, I backed (and tipped) a 2-0 win, though.
  • Options

Quite incredible
  • Options
    Rexel56Rexel56 Posts: 807
    isam said:

Charles said:

isam said:

Charles said:

Saying they hurt the cause of the right is even sillier. For the first time in decades, the right is outpolling the left. The Lib Dem vote has collapsed (hopefully forever), and UKIP have replaced them as the third party (again hopefully permanently). This is a great development for the right in British politics.

There's this thing called FPTP. Polls don't matter if it doesn't translate into seats in Parliament. I believe that Miliband will be as bad for the UK as Hollande's first two years were in France. Unfortunately, he lacks the dexterity to execute as elegant a volte face as Hollande has achieved.

British people are indeed moderate and tolerant, but you mistake moderacy and tolerance for current political fashion. Untrammeled immigration is not a particular demonstration of tolerance, and bakers falling foul of the law for not baking a cake is positively intolerant. Successful parties do not position themselves in the middle ground -they change what the middle ground is.
    I suspect that a Tory only government would be stricter on immigration than the Coalition has been. That said, there are significant economic gains from the right sort of immigration. The objective is how to put in place intelligent controls that maximise the benefit while limiting the damage, and putting in place the necessary programmes to support those who lose while the country gains.

There are too many racists and fellow travellers in UKIP to give me comfort that UKIP would put in place appropriate designed structures. Farage's nod to the racists in that radio interview gave me deep concern that he does not have the character to be a leader.

And I very much doubt that the baker will be convicted. You will always get radicals who will seek to exploit the laws. Based on the reporting he did not discriminate against the individual, but chose not to pipe the slogan. That should be a question of free speech.
    Supporters of all parties said they would prefer to live next door to Germans than Romanians... how people can castigate Farage after that poll came to light is beyond me
    Because he quite deliberately made a unpleasant remark that nodded towards racism.

A leader should help us achieve our best, not pander to the worst.

Once again, iSam wastes his time and our time defending the indefensible... Farage was offered the chance to play the nasty East European card and he took it with relish
  • Options

Absurd decision.

• Options

Ninoinoz said:

isam said:

http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/news/home/article/2964/ukip-paedophile-royal-butler-jailed-for-12-years
    Only if I'm imprisoned, as he is currently in jail.

Perhaps some Tory MPs and NHS doctors would care to join him, when the establishment cover up finally stops.
  • Options
    isam said:

Quite incredible
    I'm reminded of what Brian Clough said about the Italians.
  • Options

Ninoinoz said:

isam said:

Nice try, but...

UKIP didn't know about it, they didn't cover it up and he never stood again once was it known?
  • Options

Mr. Eagles, ahem, I backed (and tipped) a 2-0 win, though.

Oh well.
  • Options
    Rexel56 said:

isam said:

Charles said:

isam said:

Charles said:

Saying they hurt the cause of the right is even sillier. For the first time in decades, the right is outpolling the left. The Lib Dem vote has collapsed (hopefully forever), and UKIP have replaced them as the third party (again hopefully permanently). This is a great development for the right in British politics.

British people are indeed moderate and tolerant, but you mistake moderacy and tolerance for current political fashion. Untrammeled immigration is not a particular demonstration of tolerance, and bakers falling foul of the law for not baking a cake is positively intolerant. Successful parties do not position themselves in the middle ground -they change what the middle ground is.
    I suspect that a Tory only government would be stricter on immigration than the Coalition has been. That said, there are significant economic gains from the right sort of immigration. The objective is how to put in place intelligent controls that maximise the benefit while limiting the damage, and putting in place the necessary programmes to support those who lose while the country gains.

There are too many racists and fellow travellers in UKIP to give me comfort that UKIP would put in place appropriate designed structures. Farage's nod to the racists in that radio interview gave me deep concern that he does not have the character to be a leader.

And I very much doubt that the baker will be convicted. You will always get radicals who will seek to exploit the laws. Based on the reporting he did not discriminate against the individual, but chose not to pipe the slogan. That should be a question of free speech.
    Supporters of all parties said they would prefer to live next door to Germans than Romanians... how people can castigate Farage after that poll came to light is beyond me
    Because he quite deliberately made a unpleasant remark that nodded towards racism.

Once again, iSam wastes his time and our time defending the indefensible... Farage was offered the chance to play the nasty East European card and he took it with relish

You have to criticse everyone in the poll that said theyd rather live next door to Germans than Romanians if you want to criticise Farage for that

And it was a majority of all voters from all parties
  • Options

isam said:

Quite incredible
    What was that?
  • Options
    SquareRootSquareRoot Posts: 7,095
    Oh Dear, the bloody football on both channels and QI on BBC 2 being ruined by the appalling Johnny Vegas.. Time for a book...
  • Options
    Mr. Root, not watched QI much for a couple of seasons, but never saw the point of putting Vegas on it.
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

Quite incredible
    What was that?
    Called them cheating bastards (and questioned their courage in World War II)
  • Options

isam said:

isam said:

Quite incredible
    What was that?
    Called them cheating bastards (and questioned their courage in World War II)
    Blimey!

Fergie said something equally dubious I think
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

@isam

I was probably overdoing it - to call the game poor was a bit of an overstatement. Just very frustrated by the finishing, there really should have been two or three goals by now.

The last World Cup final with these two was possibly the worst game I have ever seen

What was cool about the winner? Anyone?
  • Options
    What language do the referees and players speak out there?

Is it like Air Traffic Control, and they all have to learn English?
  • Options
    isam said:

Ninoinoz said:

isam said:

Nice try, but...

UKIP didn't know about it, they didn't cover it up and he never stood again once was it known?
    How about David Gales accusations then?:

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/dec/21/nigel-farage-ukip-leadership-row

I suspect that no party is in the clear and anyone trying to make political capital is likely to come a cropper. UKIPs candidate screening has a record of being rather lax.
  • Options
    CharlesCharles Posts: 35,758
    isam said:

Charles said:

isam said:

Charles said:

There's this thing called FPTP. Polls don't matter if it doesn't translate into seats in Parliament. I believe that Miliband will be as bad for the UK as Hollande's first two years were in France. Unfortunately, he lacks the dexterity to execute as elegant a volte face as Hollande has achieved.

And when asked why he said 'you know why'.

What is that but prejudice and racism?
  • Options
    isam said:

BobaFett said:

@isam

The last World Cup final with these two was possibly the worst game I have ever seen

1990 final? Brehme pen but he admitted it wasn't a foul afterwards?
  • Options

isam said:

Ninoinoz said:

isam said:

Nice try, but...

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2013/dec/21/nigel-farage-ukip-leadership-row

I suspect that no party is in the clear and anyone trying to make political capital is likely to come a cropper. UKIPs candidate screening has a record of being rather lax.
    Nope

Senior politicians abuse of children being covered up to protect the establishment is what is causing outrage.. your tenuous attempts to include a party not around at the time wont work

I am sure if we trawled every council and police commissioner candidate for every party we'd find a lot more sex cases.. but its the Westminster cover up that's the story

Good luck trying to include UKIP on it though, Avery LP is with you
  • Options
    For crying out loud, no-one has their shooting boots on
  • Options
    SeanT said:

isam said:

BobaFett said:

@isam

World Cup finals are nearly always a bit disappointing. Too much rides on them. They are either walkovers, or stiflingly, nervously close (usually the latter).

Possibly England-Germany 66 was the last really great World Cup final?

I await a pb brainiac to set me right.
    82 & 86 were quite good as I recall.. 82 in particular, but the rest in my lifetime (not inc 78 as was only 3) were disappointing you are right
  • Options
    @SeanT

I can give you a example,my brother,he's finally selling up and moving,he's had enough.

When you work and have to get up early,you need your rest.and he told me he can't get it from the two sets of families moved in on both sides of him.
  • Options
    Messi living up to his name.
  • Options

isam said:

Ninoinoz said:

isam said:

Nice try, but...

UKIP candidates also have a record of not being elected MPs, not being appointed ministers and NOT BEING PART OF A CHILD ABUSE CONSPIRACY.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Charles said:

isam said:

Charles said:

isam said:

Charles said:

And when asked why he said 'you know why'.

What is that but prejudice and racism?

He was asked what the difference was, and apologised for the inference that the "you know" comment made.

But its a fact that most people would rather live next door to Germans than Romanians, and for the same reasons as Farage stated later.

I guess if it were you, the Romanian ambassador or a German prince as a neighbour would be much of a muchness, but try living in Barking for a while and answering the question honestly #cloudcuckooland
  • Options
    @SeanT

France 98 was good insofar as we saw a new team win the trophy on home soil, spanking Brazil
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

isam said:

BobaFett said:

@isam

I always thought it really cool that the left back took a pen in a World Cup final with his right foot!
  • Options
    isam said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

BobaFett said:

@isam

I always thought it really cool that the left back took a pen in a World Cup final with his right foot!
    Ha! Didn't remember that detail. Why did he? Purely to confuse the goalie?
  • Options
    Not sure I can be bothered with extra time. Such a lack of quality in the final third. Very disappointing.
  • Options
    corporealcorporeal Posts: 2,549
    SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Messi
    Cruyff
    Ronaldo
    Ronaldo
    Maradona

Zidane surely.
  • Options
    BobaFett said:

isam said:

BobaFett said:

isam said:

BobaFett said:

@isam

Ha! Didn't remember that detail. Why did he? Purely to confuse the goalie?
    He was comfortable on either foot.. but I just love how lairy it sounds!
  • Options
    corporeal said:

SeanT said:

SeanT said:

Messi
    Cruyff
    Ronaldo
    Ronaldo
    Maradona

Zidane surely.

and another Frenchman - Michel Platini
  • Options
    Well said!
    Charles said:

isam said:

Charles said:

• Options
    Ishmael_XIshmael_X Posts: 3,664
    Ninoinoz said:

isam said:

Ninoinoz said:

isam said:

Nice try, but...

UKIP candidates also have a record of not being elected MPs, not being appointed ministers and NOT BEING PART OF A CHILD ABUSE CONSPIRACY.
    How's your war against the BBC conspiracy to portray the RC church as a bunch of choir boy botherers going, now that Pope Francis has joined the conspiracy?
  • Options
    SouthamObserverSouthamObserver Posts: 38,987
    My favourite ever goal was scored in 1970 World Cup final. Carlos Alberto for Brazil v Italy, running onto a ball from Pele after a passing move that started deep in the Brazil half. Perfect football.

Most gifted British player? For me Glenn Hoddle. I am biased, of course; but season in and season out he did things no other player in the league could do. Gazza had unbelievable talent, but he never displayed it with any consistency. Kenny Dalglish was also very special. I only have very vague memories of George Best.
  • Options
    sdfjhlhjsfdl dkjfg hkldsh dfhdisfhg ds h.

Sorry. Fell asleep on my keyboard.
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

Ninoinoz said:

isam said:

Ninoinoz said:

isam said:

Nice try, but...

How's your war against the BBC conspiracy to portray the RC church as a bunch of choir boy botherers going, now that Pope Francis has joined the conspiracy?
    2% of priests as paedophiles could only be possible with either complicity or incompetence of higher management. Possibly a higher number even than the BBC!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-28282050
  • Options
    Is there any country which has a sizeable British-origin population (outside UK) where football is the number one sport?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    What did Mascherano just do with Schweinsteiger's head? Oh my days

Edit: See for yourself

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BsdA2bECcAEHm_I.jpg
  • Options

My favourite ever goal was scored in 1970 World Cup final. Carlos Alberto for Brazil v Italy, running onto a ball from Pele after a passing move that started deep in the Brazil half. Perfect football.

Most gifted British player? For me Glenn Hoddle. I am biased, of course; but season in and season out he did things no other player in the league could do. Gazza had unbelievable talent, but he never displayed it with any consistency. Kenny Dalglish was also very special. I only have very vague memories of George Best.

Agree with you on Hoddle

My fav goal by him.. complete with commentary from the best ever, Brian Moore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS3FvKdYsv0

My fav goal, though is by Karim Benzema

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnBIU54iHR8
  • Options

Is there any country which has a sizeable British-origin population (outside UK) where football is the number one sport?

Do OAPs in Spain count???
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    Shoot out @ the ok corral?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    isam said:

He was asked what the difference was, and apologised for the inference that the "you know" comment made.

But its a fact that most people would rather live next door to Germans than Romanians, and for the same reasons as Farage stated later.

I guess if it were you, the Romanian ambassador or a German prince as a neighbour would be much of a muchness, but try living in Barking for a while and answering the question honestly #cloudcuckooland

I never lived in Barking, but I did rent a bedroom in a shared house in Southwark; my brother did the same in Mile End.

I'm sure that people would rather live next to a decent, hard working family with 2.4 children and a pet dog. They may assume that those characteristics are more likely to be found among one group vs another.

But a politician shouldn't try to win votes by giving voice to ugly sentiments.
  • Options
    AndyJSAndyJS Posts: 29,395
    edited July 2014
    The one thing the competition didn't need was for the final to go to penalties.
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,237
    Are the Argies deliberately targetting Schewiensteiger? Pretty outregous if
  • Options
    Dodgy ref
  • Options

Argentina (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y_Wladfa)
  • Options
    Charles said:

isam said:

I never lived in Barking, but I did rent a bedroom in a shared house in Southwark; my brother lived in Mile End.

I'm sure that people would rather live next to a decent, hard working family with 2.4 children and a pet dog. They may assume that those characteristics are more likely to be found among one group vs another.

Unless the time you lived in that area was in the last ten years, its completely meaningless

Farage answered a question honestly in a hostile interview, and it turns out he was on the right side of public opinion... he wasn't trying to win votes by it I shouldn't think, although he may well in areas of mass Eastern European immigration.. they cant afford your lofty morals
  • Options
    Most of the referees have been sub-standard IMO.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    isam said:

Charles said:

isam said:

I never lived in Barking, but I did rent a bedroom in a shared house in Southwark; my brother lived in Mile End.

Unless the time you lived in that area was in the last ten years, its completely meaningless

Farage answered a question honestly in a hostile interview, and it turns out he was on the right side of public opinion... he wasn't trying to win votes by it I shouldn't think, although he may well in areas of mass Eastern European immigration.. they cant afford your lofty morals
    Would it have been acceptable if Farage had said most people wouldn't want to live next to Jews or Blacks?

What is the line between acceptable and unacceptable?
  • Options
    YESYES YES YES YES
  • Options
    isam said:

Charles said:

isam said:

How true,great reply.
  • Options
    Yay.
  • Options
    Yesssssssssss Like Merkel, I was on my feet for that goal. :)
  • Options
    CarlottaVanceCarlottaVance Posts: 59,856
    Not so much hand of god as fist of god this match.....but at least Germany are now ahead....
  • Options
    Do cry for me Argentina!
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    isam said:

Charles said:

isam said:

15 years ago. So clearly "completely meaningless" and you can go ahead with your assumptions about me. I'm sure they are all entirely correct.

Interesting that you think a politician doing an interview in the run up to an election wasn't trying to win votes...

And the thing about morality is that they transcend mere riches.

(FWIW, most of my contacts with the Romanians are with the congregation of the Romanian Orthodox Church. In the main they are hard working and police - although often don't speak English very well as the Church is the first point of call for new immigrants - but there is a nasty minority. The congregation knows who they are and dislikes them).
  • Options
    Goalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.
  • Options
    Ishmael_X said:

And what, exactly, has this to do with UKIP?

You resemble the loser Cameron in trying to distract from the issue at hand i.e. child abusers at Westminster being protected by the establishment.

As for the RC Church, the percentage of clergy that have broken their vows in England and Wales is 0.3%, the USA 3%. There are, of course, many more clergy in the USA.

What annoyed me was the BBC searching the World for clerical child abuse stories in a deliberate attempt to vilify 10% of the UK population. There also have been a series of BBC financed anti-Catholic films, again set outside the UK.

Perhaps the BBC would have been better focussing on child abuse in this country. Within the BBC itself and Westminster, for a start.
  • Options
    World class goal. Truly exceptional.
  • Options
    rcs1000 said:

isam said:

Charles said:

isam said:

Would it have been acceptable if Farage had said most people wouldn't want to live next to Jews or Blacks?

Why pick out Farage? Opinion polls say that most people would prefer Germans over Romanians as neighbours
  • Options
    First European team to win a World Cup in the Americas....?
  • Options
    isam said:

rcs1000 said:

isam said:

Charles said:

isam said:

Why pick out Farage? Opinion polls say that most people would prefer Germans over Romanians as neighbours
    Because he's asking us to vote for him and his party.
  • Options
    This'll be Germany's first world cup
  • Options
    It will be the first time a European country to win a WC in south America ;-)
  • Options
    Germany wins World Cup.
  • Options
    TomsToms Posts: 2,478
    Germany are numero uno.
  • Options
    When England won the Rugby World Cup in 2003, Jacques Chirac said it was a victory for Europe.

So, this is a victory for England as well right?
  • Options
    A great goal to win a superb tournament. Not the best final due to poor finishing but Germany deserved winners.
  • Options
    Anyone have Germany for the WC in a bet ?
This discussion has been closed.