Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » The Populus monthly aggregates show LAB losing a seventh of

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Morris_DancerMorris_Dancer Posts: 61,030
    Good afternoon, everyone.

Meat should be clearly labelled.

Mr. K, jein. Cameron's on the receiving end of a hospital pass from a smirking idiot called Blair.

Hmm. Might be having computer issues. Hoping not. Chrome crashed earlier, and for some reason 'forgot' my homepage, and the search bar (not the URL bit at the top) is now missing in new tabs. Malwarebytes caught a solitary problem, running more scans now.

It'd be nice if computers just worked.
  • Options
    MikeKMikeK Posts: 9,053
    Charles said:

MikeK said:

Charles said:

MikeK said:

Charles said:

Danny565 said:

MikeK said:

The argument now seems to be that if you don’t want to eat halal meat then you’re Islamophobic. In short, not being a Muslim is now an act of Islamophobia. Strewth.

raph.co.uk/news/brendanoneill2/100270578/my-compulsory-halal-pizza-is-hard-to-swallow/

Good blog. Wake up Britain before we are under sharia law by default.

What exactly would be wrong with eating halal meat? Serious question.
    The cruelty with which the animals are killed.
    That's not the problem or the argument. The problem is that halal meat is being served up to the public by stealth. The argument is that our modern British society is frightened of offending 4% of the population because they are muslims. Please do read the blog!
    It's entirely the problem.

Supermarkets, etc, want to supply their Muslim customers with meat that is acceptable. They have also decided that it is more cost effective to have a single supply chain. Consequently in the pursuit of cheap food they ensure all their meat is halal.

I don't have a problem with them doing that - but I would rather pay more for non-halal meat ("stewardship and dominion" implies responsibility). Hence the requirement for clear labelling.

Nothing to do with offending anyone. It's the interplay of revenue and cost.
    You are so utterly wrong Charles, in that you turn a blind eye to the fact that some shops and restaurants are now not serving bacon or pork because they now only serve halal meat. Soon you wont be able ti have your sarnie. Perhaps you and a lot like you will wake up at last.
    Evidence?
    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/brendanoneill2/100270578/my-compulsory-halal-pizza-is-hard-to-swallow/

Look at the para on Subway.
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,221

Mr. K, jein. Cameron's on the receiving end of a hospital pass from a smirking idiot called Blair.

Hmm. Might be having computer issues. Hoping not. Chrome crashed earlier, and for some reason 'forgot' my homepage, and the search bar (not the URL bit at the top) is now missing in new tabs. Malwarebytes caught a solitary problem, running more scans now.

Then I'd be out of a job, and we couldn't have that, could we? ;-)

Mwuhahahahaha!
  • Options
    AlastairMeeksAlastairMeeks Posts: 30,340

I had a computer issue yesterday morning. Actually, it was more of a human issue.

I try to prepare my posts one day ahead and on Tuesday evening when I got in late (slightly drunk) I started work on this morning's opus. I draw on previous posts to try to ensure some continuity and consistency, so I used the completed draft of yesterday's post to borrow some things from. I woke up yesterday morning hungover to find that I had two early drafts of this morning's post and no draft of yesterday's post, with only an hour to put the post that I'd intended to put online before I had to go into work. Control C, Control V is a dangerous function under the influence.

It's fortunate that I could remember more or less what I wanted to say.
  • Options
    Mr. Jessop, I could do without the stress right now.

One day, I want a house with a wood burning stove. Because a wood burning stove doesn't get a bloody virus, it doesn't need a day 1 patch, you don't need to buy DLC to unlock any on-disc features and it will never, ever, have an unwanted upgrade that exposes it to a malicious attack. It just works.

I appreciate the brilliance and wonder of modern technology (without it I couldn't have released three books and wouldn't have a short story included in the forthcoming Malevolence anthology), but it can be bloody frustrating, especially as I don't have any online device (PS3 aside, and the browser crashes at the drop of a hat), so if I lose the PC I can't do any work at all...

Anyway, whilst I'm waiting for the scans to run I think I'll relax by reading the excellent Sir Edric's Temple, by a handsome young man called Thaddeus White.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    MikeK said:
    I do agree it's a shocking article, Mike.

Cajun-spiced chicken on a pizza?
  • Options
    Mr. Antifrank, that sort of thing can be annoying.

Mind you, I wrote a recent blog about how historical revisionism annoyed me (Alexander was not Greek) and discovered blogspot had been updated. An update, of course, meaning an innovative new way to make something worse. The log out button had gone missing. Thankfully I have a googlemail account so I just logged out there and refreshed, but it's a schoolboy error.

It's interesting how some people are opting out of online stuff quite a lot, and others are embracing all new tech (like Google Glass, which is the work of Satan), with most of us somewhere in between.
This discussion has been closed.