Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

A blast from the past – politicalbetting.com

13»

Comments

• LeonLeon Posts: 54,300
    Elon Musk claiming that he is now a potential target for assassination. Citing an absolutely hysterical cover of Der Spiegel

He’s not wrong

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1848130548746846276?s=46&t=bulOICNH15U6kB0MwE6Lfw
  • JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 41,922
    Leon said:

Elon Musk claiming that he is now a potential target for assassination. Citing an absolutely hysterical cover of Der Spiegel

He’s not wrong

(Snip)

How do you know he's not wrong? Are you targeting him? ;)
  • boulayboulay Posts: 5,394
    Leon said:

He’s not wrong

I’ve been surprised for a while that nobody has had a pop at him. I guess he has a v expensive security team and super protected home but he’s definitely at risk I would think.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 54,300
    boulay said:

Leon said:

He’s not wrong

I’ve been surprised for a while that nobody has had a pop at him. I guess he has a v expensive security team and super protected home but he’s definitely at risk I would think.
    For sure

The Ukrainians
  • ydoethurydoethur Posts: 70,897

ydoethur said:

ydoethur said:

Shocked.

SCOOP:

Remember the baseless conspiracy being pushed on [Twitter] last week about Tim Walz abusing a former student?

Turns out, it came from Russia...

https://x.com/daithaigilbert/status/1848441852422479972

Haven't heard that one before but I do remember Walz peddling stories about Vance's sexual activities.

The 'Vance shags his couch' being a variant of 'hillbillies shag their sisters'.
    Don't worry. I think your team has got this. Hats off to William Glenn for his endeavours.

Still don't see the attraction myself mind.
    I want Trump to lose.

Perhaps if Harris and Walz stuck to the issues instead of spouting bigoted crap they would be more likely to win.
    Trump does nothing *but* spout bigoted crap, so even if you were right (which you are not) that can’t be a possible explanation.
    Not logically true

Trump voters are looking for a solution to their tough lies

Trump offers them that (albeit simplistic and one that one work, but they don’t know that).

Harris/Walz don’t
    I’m not sure of your point, unless you say that babbling nonsense about sharks, eating pets, Jesus
    counting ballots, racist abuse of his rival and
    the deep state is not ‘bigoted crap’ and is
    instead somehow a solution to people’s ills.
    He’s saying “your life is shit, it’s not your fault. It’s the others. I’m going to protect you and look after you”.

Everything else is details.

It’s garbage but it’s appealing.

The Democrats are not communicating a solution that works to the left behind.

The argument (such it was) of the poster was that Harris and Walz would lose because they are spouting 'bigoted crap.' (Which is not true, but this is a poster who refused to accept Russell was a better wicketkeeper than Stewart even after being shown vast amounts of evidence that he was wrong, so let's be easy here.)

I pointed out if that was true, Trump would have lost already, because everything he says is 'bigoted crap.'

So your point doesn't actually follow. In fact, if anything it tends to confirm what I was saying.
  • TheScreamingEaglesTheScreamingEagles Posts: 119,002

NEW THREAD

• MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 27,800

Yokes said:

Ive seen some claims doing the roubds that GOP favouring pollsters havew been pumping out a highy volume of polls favouring Trump, not surpsingly, in order to create an impression

No idea how much veracity to it but nothing would surprise me.

However since those claims started circulating, the shift to Trump has been backed up by 'high-quality' polls, so it seems to be real.
    Robert corrected you on this last night. The shift is real but not so far as you'd have us believe.

I am not entirely sure how ramping Trump's KPis on a UK betting blog benefits your guy.