Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Well now – politicalbetting.com

1235»

Comments

• MarqueeMarkMarqueeMark Posts: 51,727

Trump: “Joe Biden became mentally impaired. Kamala was born that way.”

https://x.com/trumpwarroom/status/1840118550960451658

That's pretty damned fucking racist...
  • GIN1138GIN1138 Posts: 21,969

GIN1138 said:

Despite the +170 majority and a promise to end it, "the chaos" is going to continue unabated under Labour isn't it? 😂

Labour lies...
    Or #LabourLies even! :D

Some of the left leaning journos really really don't seem to like him.

Normally at this stage of any new government, journalists are keen to stay in the good books, as they know otherwise they will have limited access for at least the next 5 years, which is a long time having to sit through press conferences etc and never be called to ask a question, get those cozy interviews, by briefed the scoop of upcoming policy, etc.
    Blair had an extended honeymoon where he could get away with anything. Ecclestone for example.

Starmer has not been allowed that luxury. He's gone straight to Dodgy Dossier Blair-era disdain.
    edited 12:05AM
    Anyway @MarqueeMark Did I see earlier that you are still wearing a posh/expensive coat you brought in 1980 (and you got complimented on by from Art Malik) ?

My hat's off to you my friend! Not for being able to buy an expensive coat without having to resort to sleazy benefactors like Keith... But for being to still get into a coat you brought nearly 45 years ago!

Please let me know your secret? 🙏
    GIN1138 said:

Anyway @MarqueeMark Did I see earlier that you are still wearing a posh/espensive coat your brought in 1980 (and you got complimented by from Art Malik) ?

My hats off to you my friend! Not of being able to buy an expensive coat without having to resort to sleazy benefactors like Keith... But for being to still get into a coat you brought nearly 45 years ago!

Tis true! It was always on the forgiving side was the secret....

GIN1138 said:

Anyway @MarqueeMark Did I see earlier that you are still wearing a posh/espensive coat your brought in 1980 (and you got complimented by from Art Malik) ?

My hats off to you my friend! Not of being able to buy an expensive coat without having to resort to sleazy benefactors like Keith... But for being to still get into a coat you brought nearly 45 years ago!

Tis true! It was always on the forgiving side was the secret....
    Ah... you brought "off the peg" two sizes too big? 😂
  • FrancisUrquhartFrancisUrquhart Posts: 80,366
    edited 12:22AM

Some of the left leaning journos really really don't seem to like him.

Normally at this stage of any new government, journalists are keen to stay in the good books, as they know otherwise they will have limited access for at least the next 5 years, which is a long time having to sit through press conferences etc and never be called to ask a question, get those cozy interviews, by briefed the scoop of upcoming policy, etc.
    Blair had an extended honeymoon where he could get away with anything. Ecclestone for example.

Starmer has not been allowed that luxury. He's gone straight to Dodgy Dossier Blair-era disdain.
    The question is why. The media, like most of the public, were sick of the Tories and gave Labour a fairly easy time (compared to when Jezza was leader). But they get in power after their minge vase + media holding fire, and some who I would have thought would be friendly (in the way they were / would have been to Blair) are really going for Starmer day after day.
  • StillWatersStillWaters Posts: 7,849

Evening all! Fun news. I wonder who she will join - she was a Corbyn critic so doubtful she joins him. Greenmentum perhaps?

Her difficulty is that she's quite left wing, so the Tories are out, and her position on trans issues makes it tricky for anyone else. My guess is she remains independent.
    I do not think it matters for the next few years as she will want to look after her constituency as her priority
    She's almost certainly not going to stand again. She's well into her 50s, has never seemed happy in the job, and doesn't have much prospect of getting a party endorsement. I think she's reasonably well regarded by her constituents, but it isn't enough for her to win as an independent. It all looks like a middle finger, and she'll see out her time without needing to bother with party matters.
    It’s very rude of her

She should have resigned her seat

#byelectionwithdrawal

• viewcodeviewcode Posts: 21,057
    I've just found out about RosieDuffield and her resignation letter (see https://archive.is/k08rp ). I disagreed with her on her trans views, but I was unaware she held views other than that.

I have just sat thru the PopCon and NatCon conferences (at least some of them) for the Blob article and enjoyed those in a lecture format, my preferred method for delivering info. But thanks to Covid and Zoom the lecture is gradually disappearing, succeeded by the group chat or (grrr) podcasts: see https://www.youtube.com/@politicsprose/videos for examples of this trend, or compare https://www.youtube.com/@steverichards14 to https://www.youtube.com/@restispolitics .

Is there anywhere where Ms. Duffield gave a 20-60 minute lecture on what she believed? More generally, is there a left-wing equivalent of the PopCon/NatCon conferences?