Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

politicalbetting.com » Blog Archive » 14 months to go and still no sign of a movement that could

1235»

Comments

• Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,668
    JackW said:

JackW said:

SeanT said:

rcs1000 said:

The four course lunch menu at HKK is £27.50. Assuming you don't drink alcohol, and you tip modestly, you should be able to get away with paying sub £40. Which is hardly inexpensive, but is in reach of most people, assuming they don't do it too often.

My favourite example of Insanely Casual PB Wealth was the time JackW was inquiring about nice areas of London in which to buy a townhouse.

I recommended Marylebone, then I found him a specific and rather lovely 5 bedder on rightmove. "However", I added, "it does cost £10 million."

JackW replied, with apparent sincerity, "that's not a problem."
    Tis true ....

Hhmm for the old days of PB when one might fling around the odd £10M with impunity. I recall the pad. Close to Regents Park with a pool and mews house too. Rather fine.

We eventually found something a wee bit more modest for under half the price .... you know us Scots just love a bargain !!
    I make do with a tent. And if I wild camp, I don't get pitch fees.

Result!

(I also don't get a shower, but that's a small price to pay ...)

:-)
    Titters ....

You get pitch discounts for being gay ?? .... I've never thought of you as wildly camp .... but we learn little morsels about PBers all the time.

If I was gay, I think I'd be classified as a bear. But as I'm from Derbyshire, it would be a bear, duckie. ;-)
  • Options
    old_labourold_labour Posts: 3,238
    I am sure the government's oligarch friends in London already knew.
    Charles said:

Mick_Pork said:

The government will not curb trade with Russia or close London's financial centre to Russians as part of any possible package of sanctions against Moscow, according to an official document.

The document, which was photographed as a senior official carried it into a meeting in Downing Street, says that "the UK should not support for now trade sanctions or close London's financial centre to Russians", while it confirms that ministers ARE considering - along with other EU countries - visa restrictions and travel bans on key Russian figures.

It also says that ministers should "discourage any discussion (eg at Nato) of contingency military preparations" and support "contingency EU work on providing Ukraine with alternative gas" and oil supplies "if Russia cuts them off".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26426969

Sounds like the warmongers and chickenhawks are wasting their time. As usual.

That official should be sacked.

Firstly, it is the umpteenth time that someone has been photographed carrying a sensitive document into no 10.

Secondly, on this occasion, it is a matter of national security.
  • Options
    Richard_NabaviRichard_Nabavi Posts: 30,820
    JackW said:

Hhmm for the old days of PB when one might fling around the odd £10M with impunity. I recall the pad. Close to Regents Park with a pool and mews house too. Rather fine.

We eventually found something a wee bit more modest for under half the price .... you know us Scots just love a bargain !!

So that's why the PB Drinks we were all looking forward to at the new pad ("beautiful terrace.. fine reception rooms... ideal for entertaining.. ") never happened. I was wondering.

I mean, Dirty Dicks is a fine hostelry, but even so...
This discussion has been closed.