Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The king over the water for the Tories? – politicalbetting.com

123457»

Comments

• Options

ULEZ

20MPH

TRUSS

BRACE

Remove Sunak from office as a loser. Reinstate the people's Truss. Tories win a majority of 704.
  • Options
    MattWMattW Posts: 18,802
    A short segment looking back at Mr Trump's financial problems in ... 1991.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zURVpUZf7qA
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,202
    edited November 2023

ULEZ

20MPH

TRUSS

BRACE

Remove Sunak from office as a loser. Reinstate the people's Truss. Tories win a majority of 704.
    Or Tories less than 50 seats, LDs main opposition based
    on Truss' last polls as leader.

As Truss used to be a LD, maybe her plan all along
  • Options
    Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 27,052

This ambitious lady seems v much One To Watch.

Katie White
    @KatieJWhite
    I am delighted and incredibly honoured to have received the endorsement to be selected to run as MP for Leeds North West from Neil Kinnock, our former party leader and Honorary President for the Labour Movement for Europe. Thank you, Neil, your support is greatly appreciated 🙏🏼

https://twitter.com/KatieJWhite

https://www.katie4leedsnw.com/

Her video even includes the famous "first generation of my family to go to university".

Ed M and Kinnock endorsing.

Very long term betting people take note imho.

Is Alex Sobel standing down?
  • Options
    AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 20,183
    isam said:

Carnyx said:

TimS said:

Leon said:

isam said:

Leon said:

Parris was another Second Voter

"The question a second referendum must ask"

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/the-question-a-second-referendum-must-ask/

These two clips of Sir Keir, the Republican who accepted a knighthood, the vegetarian who eats animals, the commoner who went to a fee paying school, are incompatible with his image as Honest John

One taken when he was campaigning to be elected in 2017, the other when he was Shadow Brexit Minister in 2019

https://x.com/asfarasdelgados/status/1633564841205174274?s=46&t=CW4pL-mMpTqsJXCdjW0Z6Q
    Jesus F Christ. Those are such damning videos!

No wonder Starmer is utterly averse to discussing Brexit in any way. Wow
    “The commoner who went to a fee paying school” deserves a PB community note. He went to a state school which became fee paying during his tenure, but not for his year group which was grandfathered.
    I must say I had not realised that last bit about grandfather rights. That's very interesting - in view of the frequency with which PB Tories keep claiming SKS did go to a fee paying school (as if he was responsible for his parents' decisions, but that is another matter).

At least they have given up on the Savile stuff, for now anyway.
    He went to a Grammar School which became a fee paying school. He had the fees paid for him by the council. Says he had a ‘great state education’. But he refuses to give ‘working class’ kids the same opportunity.

The reason it’s worth banging on about is that he has u-turned and lied so often. Maybe because he was contrasted with Boris, maybe because he comes across as dull, people think he is an honest, straight up guy. I would have thought the videos lined up for the GE campaign to show his duplicity will have him stuttering like a maniac during the debates

Do you dislike Royale or like him?
  • Options
    edited November 2023

ULEZ

20MPH

TRUSS

BRACE

Interesting on 20mph.

Looking at the indicated speed limit in my car, the lane outside my house is indicated as 20mph - but no signs.

Does that mean I can ask them to put the signs up? :smile:

Or do I have to hunt down the Traffic Regulation Order?
  • Options

ohnotnow said:

nico679 said:

Very interesting discussion on Newsnight about Braverman with Philip Blond.

I can’t imagine Tory MPs would be mad enough to have another leadership challenge. I know we live in strange times but surely not that strange !
    They have to get shut of Sunak - he is leading them to ELE.

Yes it would be absolute madness. But so what - the alternative is the abyss. 30p Lee for PM. Vote Tory* or Fuck Off.

*I like Conservatives. Disagree politically, but they are honourable. With a few exceptions, the current lot aren't Conservatives, they are Tories. With the emphasis on robbing.
    "The Abyss Or Madness" sounds like it could have been a Lovecraft short story.
    Or an Iron Maiden song title.

That is not dead
    Which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons,
    Even death may die.

(Anyone get the connection?)
  • Options
    Leon said:

TimS said:

Had a bottle of Hambledon this evening, after the usual Friday night Macon Villages (Cuvee jules Richard from the Aze coop, always good value). Worth a try for its historical value: not only the birthplace of cricket, but the post-war birthplace of English wine.

A good classic cuvee sparkling at the Chapel Down classic cuvee level but not quite up there with the standard bearers of Nyetimber, Gusbourne or some of the boutiques like Oxney.

Which brings me to planning permission for wineries and visitor centres in Southern England. In the past 12 months we’ve seen planning turned down for a new headquarters for Chapel Down off the A2 at Bridge, which would have been a huge tourist draw and game changer for East Kent, and planning refused for Britain’s largest winery - beautifully modernistic, carbon neutral - in Cuxton near Gravesend, in a valley which is already covered in vines. Why?

That is ridic. Wine is obviously a growth industry for southern Britain, with enormous potential for the next 50 years

We want to be the new Champagne/Loire/Rhine Valley etc

STUPID

And wineries can be made to look really beautiful, even when seriously industrial. They are not coal mines
    In my neck of the increasingly bedraggled forest a new GP surgery that would have allowed a load of hospital type diagnostics and therapies to be rolled back from the hospital into the community was blocked by councillors worried that their ageing regular voters would take them out at the next election for Allowing Anything to Change Around Here.

• Options
    edited November 2023

ULEZ

20MPH

TRUSS

BRACE

Mother (Mary)

Queen (Elizabeth)

Leader (Truss)

Her time.
  • Options
    Isabel Oakeshott
    @IsabelOakeshott
    ·
    10h
    So now there’s this whole thing about it being “Suella’s fault” if everything kicks off on Saturday. Not the fault of Hamas sympathizers, far right nutters and assorted other thugs looking for trouble. Please explain this logic?

Erm... perhaps because she set herself up for this?
  • Options
    nico679nico679 Posts: 5,076

nico679 said:

kamski said:

kamski said:

isam said:

viewcode said:

Scott_xP said:

isam said:

I’d see the failure to implement the result of a referendum that the establishment had promised was once in a generation as an outrageous deceit

The implementation was not defined before the vote, so "failure to implement" would only ever be subjective
    I hate to argue the case here but I would assume the implementation would involve some flavour of leaving
    Can you imagine how these people would be, how many angry tweets would be pasted, if we voted to to rejoin, but a majority of the house were leavers and they just didn’t bother doing anything about making it happen for nearly four years, whilst demanding another go at it?
    Pretty inevitable that if there was a referendum vote to rejoin that it would take several years before rejoin happened (if ever), and if a party that campaigned to stay out after all won a subsequent general election, then the UK would in fact stay out (at least until further elections).

Sure Rejoiners would be pissed off, but it wouldn't be "the end of democracy" or whatever hyperbolic bollocks Leon is raving about.
    Nah. If we voted to rejoin it would be absolutely vital for the future of democracy that we did so. Ignoring a rejoin vote because we didn't like it would be as damaging as ignoring the leave vote would have been.

Why bother with democracy if the powers that be are just going to ignore it?
    Referendum decisions aren't always carried out.

In the case of a vote to Rejoin: if the EU then decided to only allow the UK to rejoin at the same time as joining the euro and this turned out to be fairly unpopular in the UK leading stalemate in the rejoin negotiations and an anti-Rejoin party winning a general election, then what?
    As opposed to the zero plan put forward by the Leave side in 2016 I think rejoin would need to have already negotiated what that would actually mean . You can’t have a vote to rejoin without having agreed those terms .
    Whilst I agree with you it has to be pointed out that the only people who were in a position to actually negotiate with Brussels what Leave would mean were the people who called the referendum and campaigned for Remain.

I am damn certain that if Brussels had started negotiating with the Leave side over the heads or behind the backs of the British Government prior to the vote then there would have been hell to pay.

Cameron wanted there to be no clear picture of what Leave would mean as he thought this would make it more likely for people to cling to Nanny's skirts.
    I think the issue of the Euro means I see very little chance of the UK rejoining . Even though I’m very pro EU I’ve never been a big fan of the Euro . The UK had the best deal pre 2016 and I can’t see those terms on offer again . There is much that can be done in many areas to have closer ties , for example a youth mobility scheme , a better deal for the creative industries , I’d like a return to Erasmus and the 6 months in the Shengen area in one go not the current 3 months in every 6 months .
  • Options
    HYUFD said:

ULEZ

20MPH

TRUSS

BRACE

Point is that under Sunak you face the abyss. So Do Something.
  • Options
    isamisam Posts: 41,028

isam said:

Carnyx said:

TimS said:

Leon said:

isam said:

Leon said:

These two clips of Sir Keir, the Republican who accepted a knighthood, the vegetarian who eats animals, the commoner who went to a fee paying school, are incompatible with his image as Honest John

One taken when he was campaigning to be elected in 2017, the other when he was Shadow Brexit Minister in 2019

https://x.com/asfarasdelgados/status/1633564841205174274?s=46&t=CW4pL-mMpTqsJXCdjW0Z6Q

“The commoner who went to a fee paying school” deserves a PB community note. He went to a state school which became fee paying during his tenure, but not for his year group which was grandfathered.
    I must say I had not realised that last bit about grandfather rights. That's very interesting - in view of the frequency with which PB Tories keep claiming SKS did go to a fee paying school (as if he was responsible for his parents' decisions, but that is another matter).

He went to a Grammar School which became a fee paying school. He had the fees paid for him by the council. Says he had a ‘great state education’. But he refuses to give ‘working class’ kids the same opportunity.

The reason it’s worth banging on about is that he has u-turned and lied so often. Maybe because he was contrasted with Boris, maybe because he comes across as dull, people think he is an honest, straight up guy. I would have thought the videos lined up for the GE campaign to show his duplicity will have him stuttering like a maniac during the debates

I quite intensely dislike him now. It was bad enough that he did all he could to frustrate any Brexit deal, but I think what makes it worse is that he plays the pious card so earnestly, yet is a flagrant snide & everyone falls for it

• Options
    FairlieredFairliered Posts: 4,029

ULEZ

20MPH

TRUSS

BRACE

More likely that their average vote per constituency will be 704.
  • Options

ULEZ

20MPH

TRUSS

BRACE

More likely that their average vote per constituency will be 704.
    Or the average age of their remaining voters.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

Katie White
    @KatieJWhite
    I am delighted and incredibly honoured to have received the endorsement to be selected to run as MP for Leeds North West from Neil Kinnock, our former party leader and Honorary President for the Labour Movement for Europe. Thank you, Neil, your support is greatly appreciated 🙏🏼

Her video even includes the famous "first generation of my family to go to university".

Sort of staying where part of his old patch is:

At the next general election, scheduled for 2024, Mr Sobel says he will stand in the new Headingley constituency, which will include Headingley and Weetwood with the addition of Kirkstall and Little London and Woodhouse.

https://www.wharfedaleobserver.co.uk/news/23560254.otley-set-new-mp-boundary-shake-up-splits-constituency/
  • Options
    isam said:

isam said:

Carnyx said:

TimS said:

Leon said:

isam said:

Leon said:

I quite intensely dislike him now. It was bad enough that he did all he could to frustrate any Brexit deal, but I think what makes it worse is that he plays the pious card so earnestly, yet is a flagrant snide & everyone falls for it
    :innocent:

• Options
    Headingley will shortly not only be the scene of Botham's epic triumph and the legendary leeds university beer run but will also have its own MP!!!

https://www.wharfedaleobserver.co.uk/news/23560254.otley-set-new-mp-boundary-shake-up-splits-constituency/
  • Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,257
    edited November 2023
    isam said:

isam said:

Carnyx said:

TimS said:

Leon said:

isam said:

Leon said:

He'll get found out in the GE campaign (but will still win). It took years in office for Blair' pretty straight kinda guy act to fully wear off. It'll wear off Starmer much more quickly.
  • Options
    It’s time.

The time is now.

It’s her time.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Andy_JS said:

Katie White
    @KatieJWhite

Sort of staying where part of his old patch is:

At the next general election, scheduled for 2024, Mr Sobel says he will stand in the new Headingley constituency, which will include Headingley and Weetwood with the addition of Kirkstall and Little London and Woodhouse.

Thanks. I used to be a total nerd wrt boundary changes but I'm not quite as interested in them as I used to be.
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,064

Question - why is the pro-Hamas march ending outside the US Embassy?

Why is Israel continuing to kill Palestinians?
    We know why. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/nov/10/funerals-for-west-bank-dead-jenin-israel-hamas-war

"“We were together all the time. He was my brother. I have been his friend since third grade. He was a very nice person, a very aggressive fighter. He was never afraid. This will strengthen us but we are carrying our weapons to be martyred. Of course he is a lucky one. He is a martyr. I am happy for him. This is my wish too. Our wish is to be martyred. But I miss him, of course. We used to play soccer and go swimming every day.”"

If people want to march and demand that *both sides* call a ceasefire, that would be one thing. But this march is not going to do, is it? It will call for *the Israelis* to ceasefire, and not the "I want to be a martyr" lot.

The march is co-organised by FOA. Hardly a surprise that a pro-Hamas organisation isn't calling out Hamas.
    11,000 deaths not enough for you?
    I want this to stop! Its awful! But to stop you need to have both sides willing to stop - and neither side do. Hamas have no intention of stopping, and a ceasefire now would give them ample opportunity to both push out propaganda and re-arm for the next atrocity. And yet they do not want one.

So your march tomorrow - organised in part by a pro-Hamas organisation - will demand that Israel and *only Israel* will ceasefire. No demands of Hamas. No blame on Hamas. No accusations or negative banners or placards about Hamas. Only the Jews.
    I think a ceasefire is for the birds for the reasons you state. The question ought to be how Israel is going about it's military campaign and whether they could do so with less collateral damage.
  • Options
    O/T

Biomass is providing 12% of UK power atm. Don't think I've seen it as high as that before. Any particular reasons?

https://www.gridwatch.templar.co.uk
  • Options
    MightyAlexMightyAlex Posts: 1,464
    Andy_JS said:

O/T

Biomass is providing 12% of UK power atm. Don't think I've seen it as high as that before. Any particular reasons?

Drax? Is something happening regarding the classification of their energy?
  • Options

Leon said:

TimS said:

Had a bottle of Hambledon this evening, after the usual Friday night Macon Villages (Cuvee jules Richard from the Aze coop, always good value). Worth a try for its historical value: not only the birthplace of cricket, but the post-war birthplace of English wine.

A good classic cuvee sparkling at the Chapel Down classic cuvee level but not quite up there with the standard bearers of Nyetimber, Gusbourne or some of the boutiques like Oxney.

Which brings me to planning permission for wineries and visitor centres in Southern England. In the past 12 months we’ve seen planning turned down for a new headquarters for Chapel Down off the A2 at Bridge, which would have been a huge tourist draw and game changer for East Kent, and planning refused for Britain’s largest winery - beautifully modernistic, carbon neutral - in Cuxton near Gravesend, in a valley which is already covered in vines. Why?

That is ridic. Wine is obviously a growth industry for southern Britain, with enormous potential for the next 50 years

We want to be the new Champagne/Loire/Rhine Valley etc

STUPID

And wineries can be made to look really beautiful, even when seriously industrial. They are not coal mines
    In my neck of the increasingly bedraggled forest a new GP surgery that would have allowed a load of hospital type diagnostics and therapies to be rolled back from the hospital into the community was blocked by councillors worried that their ageing regular voters would take them out at the next election for Allowing Anything to Change Around Here.

Nimbies.

In Cuxton the refusal was Appealed and confirmed by the Planning Inspector who recognised the good design but that was outweighed by the site being in an AONB.
    https://www.forsters.co.uk/news/blog/cuxton-winery-appeal#:~:text=The Inspector considered the good,Accordingly he dismissed the appeal.

Chapel Down was refused after objections from the people who run the AONB. The Council eventually relooked and approved after being threatened with a Judicial Review.
    https://www.kentlive.news/news/kent-news/permission-finally-granted-new-kent-8633189

And Short Term Rishi wants more AONBs.
  • Options
    HYUFDHYUFD Posts: 117,202
    edited November 2023

HYUFD said:

ULEZ

20MPH

TRUSS

BRACE

Point is that under Sunak you face the abyss. So Do Something.
    The abyss under Sunak and 100 to 150 Conservative MPs forecast now is still better than the less than 50 MPs and near extinction the
    Conservatives were projected to be on before Truss resigned.

Best of all they would have kept Boris and been on 200 to 250 Conservative MPs but Tory MPs removed him and sealed their fate
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,393

kamski said:

isam said:

viewcode said:

Scott_xP said:

isam said:

I’d see the failure to implement the result of a referendum that the establishment had promised was once in a generation as an outrageous deceit

The implementation was not defined before the vote, so "failure to implement" would only ever be subjective
    I hate to argue the case here but I would assume the implementation would involve some flavour of leaving
    Can you imagine how these people would be, how many angry tweets would be pasted, if we voted to to rejoin, but a majority of the house were leavers and they just didn’t bother doing anything about making it happen for nearly four years, whilst demanding another go at it?
    Pretty inevitable that if there was a referendum vote to rejoin that it would take several years before rejoin happened (if ever), and if a party that campaigned to stay out after all won a subsequent general election, then the UK would in fact stay out (at least until further elections).

Sure Rejoiners would be pissed off, but it wouldn't be "the end of democracy" or whatever hyperbolic bollocks Leon is raving about.
    Nah. If we voted to rejoin it would be absolutely vital for the future of democracy that we did so. Ignoring a rejoin vote because we didn't like it would be as damaging as ignoring the leave vote would have been.

Why bother with democracy if the powers that be are just going to ignore it?
    Best not to indulge in damaging referenda The public misunderstanding the ramifications of voting one way or the other has led us to where we are now. If the Conservative Party wanted us to leave that desire should have been published in a manifesto prospectus. Parliament is sovereign. MPs should be making these decisions on our behalf.

Cameron would have been wise to avoid the last referendum, but we are where we are. Let's not reverse the chaos of last time with a symmetrical chaos next time. No to a rejoin referendum and no to rejoin unless the Liberal Democrats win a future General Election with a hearty majority.
  • Options
    Andy_JS said:

O/T

The govt is talking more sh*t than ever. Biomass fuel supply is therefore higher than usual... :D
  • Options
    MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 25,393
    edited November 2023
  • Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 19,080
    Don't click on that link, it's an "amp" one (look at the link addy). Try this one.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-67375322
  • Options

Andy_JS said:

O/T

Interesting points. I don't know.
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 62,963
    State of Emergency: Iceland’s Department of Civil Protection has just ordered a mandatory evacuation of the city of Grindavík and the Svartsengi Power Station as a volcanic eruption appears imminent. Over 1,000 earthquakes reported over the past 24 hours.
    https://twitter.com/WxNB_/status/1723129082261446997
  • Options
    rkrkrkrkrkrk Posts: 7,925

Question - why is the pro-Hamas march ending outside the US Embassy?

Why is Israel continuing to kill Palestinians?
    We know why. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/nov/10/funerals-for-west-bank-dead-jenin-israel-hamas-war

"“We were together all the time. He was my brother. I have been his friend since third grade. He was a very nice person, a very aggressive fighter. He was never afraid. This will strengthen us but we are carrying our weapons to be martyred. Of course he is a lucky one. He is a martyr. I am happy for him. This is my wish too. Our wish is to be martyred. But I miss him, of course. We used to play soccer and go swimming every day.”"

If people want to march and demand that *both sides* call a ceasefire, that would be one thing. But this march is not going to do, is it? It will call for *the Israelis* to ceasefire, and not the "I want to be a martyr" lot.

The march is co-organised by FOA. Hardly a surprise that a pro-Hamas organisation isn't calling out Hamas.
    11,000 deaths not enough for you?
    I want this to stop! Its awful! But to stop you need to have both sides willing to stop - and neither side do. Hamas have no intention of stopping, and a ceasefire now would give them ample opportunity to both push out propaganda and re-arm for the next atrocity. And yet they do not want one.

So your march tomorrow - organised in part by a pro-Hamas organisation - will demand that Israel and *only Israel* will ceasefire. No demands of Hamas. No blame on Hamas. No accusations or negative banners or placards about Hamas. Only the Jews.
    I think it's reported Hamas have offered a ceasefire in exchange for returning Israeli hostages? So inaccurate to say Hamas do not want a ceasefire.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2023/nov/09/netanyahu-rejected-ceasefire-for-hostages-deal-in-gaza-sources-say
  • Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,163
    Andy_JS said:

Andy_JS said:

O/T

All the coal plants mix in biomass to a certain degree: mostly it's avocado pits.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,435
    rcs1000 said:

Andy_JS said:

Andy_JS said:

O/T

All the coal plants mix in biomass to a certain degree: mostly it's avocado pits.
    According to Templar Drax is qualifying for subsidy because it uses imported timber. So much for energy security. So much for the balance of payments. I really hope this does not become a large part of our mix.
  • Options
    DavidLDavidL Posts: 51,435
    edited November 2023
    MikeL said:

Utterly hopeless debate on Newsnight.

Blond saying Braverman has the support of 60 MPs - if Sunak sacks her they will submit letters (only 53 needed) and there will be a leadership contest and MPs may well vote for Braverman.

No. 53 letters means a vote of no confidence in Sunak, not a leadership contest. If Braverman has 60 MPs then Sunak will win the vote of No Confidence by (approx) 290 to 60.

Result = Braverman humiliated.

Surely "experts" actually know the basic rules? Or maybe not.

Does Rishi? Or is he conscious that 60 is more than his majority in the house? Seriously disappointed that he has not sacked her (and, for that matter, appointed her in the first place).
  • Options

NEW THREAD

• Options
    rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 54,163
    DavidL said:

rcs1000 said:

Andy_JS said:

Andy_JS said:

O/T

According to Templar Drax is qualifying for subsidy because it uses imported timber. So much for energy security. So much for the balance of payments. I really hope this does not become a large part of our mix.
    I'm slightly surprised: timber is expensive to move, especially if you're just going to burn it.

But it's far from impossible.
  • Options

Isabel Oakeshott
    @IsabelOakeshott
    ·
    10h
    So now there’s this whole thing about it being “Suella’s fault” if everything kicks off on Saturday. Not the fault of Hamas sympathizers, far right nutters and assorted other thugs looking for trouble. Please explain this logic?

For a culture warrior like Suella it helps if there's a culture war.
  • Options

Isabel Oakeshott
    @IsabelOakeshott
    ·
    10h

For a culture warrior like Suella it helps if there's a culture war.
    One of the smarter things Starmer has done is stand stock still during culture war provocations from the right.

(And are we beginning to see an uptick in cases of SKDS? Obviously a mutation of Boris Derangement Syndrome was bound to happen, but for a while Sir Kier DS was confined to furious leftists. Now, I think we're seeing cases on the right as well. If so, that's another mark of doom for the British right. Never go deranged about your opponent, it makes them harder to beat.)
  • Options
    JosiasJessopJosiasJessop Posts: 39,152
    rcs1000 said:

DavidL said:

rcs1000 said:

Andy_JS said:

Andy_JS said:

O/T

I'm slightly surprised: timber is expensive to move, especially if you're just going to burn it.

It's transported in the form of pellets, made in the US. What goes into the pellets can apparently vary.

"During 2022, Drax power station in Yorkshire burned 6.4 million tonnes of pellets[ made from around 12.86 million tonnes of freshly cut (‘green’) wood. This was the equivalent of 115% of the UK’s entire wood production, to meet just 0.95% of the country’s recent final energy demand."

https://www.biofuelwatch.org.uk/axedrax-campaign/
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,976
    Well deserved 50 for Root. Needs to up the strike rate now though.
  • Options
    SandpitSandpit Posts: 49,976

ULEZ

20MPH

TRUSS

BRACE

CASH
  • Options

rcs1000 said:

DavidL said:

rcs1000 said:

Andy_JS said:

Andy_JS said:

O/T

It's transported in the form of pellets, made in the US. What goes into the pellets can apparently vary.

"During 2022, Drax power station in Yorkshire burned 6.4 million tonnes of pellets[ made from around 12.86 million tonnes of freshly cut (‘green’) wood. This was the equivalent of 115% of the UK’s entire wood production, to meet just 0.95% of the country’s recent final energy demand."

https://www.biofuelwatch.org.uk/axedrax-campaign/
    Not sustainable in any sense, then
This discussion has been closed.