Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Mid-Beds betting remains very tight – politicalbetting.com

SystemSystem Posts: 12,047
edited October 2023 in General
imageThe Mid-Beds betting remains very tight – politicalbetting.com

I cannot recall a Westminster by-election betting market which has been as tight as that on Mid Beds.

Read the full story here

Comments

• rcs1000rcs1000 Posts: 56,228

rcs1000 said:

viewcode said:

The y-axis should start at 0
    0 celsius is pretty arbitrary, so I assume you mean Kelvin.
    0 Kelvin is just some arbitrary value, based on the way the structure of the universe happened to coalesce after the Big Bang.
    The Big Bang is a pretty arbitrary point in time to measure from.
  • Mid-Beds might have been impacted by the LibDems being away at conference during the week. Fewer activists on the ground; no compensating media impact from Ed Davey and the rest fail to break through.
  • Andy_JSAndy_JS Posts: 31,355
    I'm still backing the LDs in Mid Beds, based on their famous by-election machine.
  • James Cleverly says Donald Trump did 'very surprising and positive things in international relations'
    https://news.sky.com/story/james-cleverly-says-donald-trump-did-very-surprising-and-positive-things-in-international-relations-12972554
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 48,419
    rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

viewcode said:

0 Kelvin is just some arbitrary value, based on the way the structure of the universe happened to coalesce after the Big Bang.
    No planing documentation on the Big Bang available. No safety case.

Obviously a cowboy operation.

Basing public policy on that?
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 68,741

James Cleverly says Donald Trump did 'very surprising and positive things in international relations'
    https://news.sky.com/story/james-cleverly-says-donald-trump-did-very-surprising-and-positive-things-in-international-relations-12972554

Too cleverly done for me to understand.
    Well knock me over with a feather, RFK Jr is raising Republican dark money to run attack ads on President Biden.
    https://twitter.com/davidfrum/status/1707832510778843534
    Milley takes swipe at ‘wannabe dictator’ Trump in retirement speech
  • James Cleverly says Donald Trump did 'very surprising and positive things in international relations'

File under he has to say that as chief diplomat. These kind of lies are fine with me - very surprising is pretty much code for imbecilic in this context anyway.
  • Andy_JS said:

I'm still backing the LDs in Mid Beds, based on their famous by-election machine.

I've greened up but have got my big play on Labour.

The LDs aren't magicians and aren't doing anything special other parties can't do or don't know.

Their main advantage is just that they can be all things to all men.
  • FPT - we are going to have to geoengineer and pull/suck whatever excess CO2 is currently in the atmosphere out again.

Net Zero by 2050 isn't going to be enough.
  • TSE moonlighting as editor of the Daily Star shock

The deviants are those who don't have bits of fruit on their pizza.

#tomatoesarenotavegetable
  • On Sycamore Gap:

If they find the culprit(s), what crime(s) could they be charged with?
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 35,358
    @kitty_donaldson

EXC: While many in the Conservative Party had assumed Liz Truss simply wants to remain influential following her chaotic stint as prime minister, her ambitions are rather higher - she’s thinking of running again to lead…
  • IcarusIcarus Posts: 983
    Was in Mid Beds last Sunday - two of us called on (or leafletted if out ) all postal voters in a village. Labour were also there about 8 of them all in a group milling about.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 77,439
    Level green here.
  • DavidLDavidL Posts: 53,327
    McCarthy failed to deliver a budget plan that would have prevented a shutdown of the Federal government which will start at midnight tonight US time. It is getting to the point that this absurd dislocation of the world's largest economy barely even makes the headlines anymore.

Even McCarthy says that there are around 20 GOP Congressmen and women who "just want to burn it all down". Attempts to assuage this band by cuts that Biden has said he will veto have still not resulted in them voting for it. The US Congress is currently making our remainer Parliament 2017-19 look healthily democratic. Surely there will be a price to pay for this.
  • FoxyFoxy Posts: 47,731
    DavidL said:

McCarthy failed to deliver a budget plan that would have prevented a shutdown of the Federal government which will start at midnight tonight US time. It is getting to the point that this absurd dislocation of the world's largest economy barely even makes the headlines anymore.

Even McCarthy says that there are around 20 GOP Congressmen and women who "just want to burn it all down". Attempts to assuage this band by cuts that Biden has said he will veto have still not resulted in them voting for it. The US Congress is currently making our remainer Parliament 2017-19 look healthily democratic. Surely there will be a price to pay for this.

Meanwhile Trump wants to shoot shoplifters.

https://twitter.com/NewsAlertsG/status/1707907454191669264?t=YuJwu5uL4z9n4Se3HQFKfg&s=19
    Foxy said:

DavidL said:

https://twitter.com/NewsAlertsG/status/1707907454191669264?t=YuJwu5uL4z9n4Se3HQFKfg&s=19
    Is that why he bought his Glock (whilst on bail)? In this country he would have been remanded by now. The rule of law is under severe pressure in the US.
    Pulpstar said:

Level green here.

Is this to do with the Ryder cup?
  • "i'm not going to comment on speculation" - Mark Harper on HS2.

This is the line now until they get through conference.
  • ChrisChris Posts: 11,687
    Scott_xP said:

@kitty_donaldson

EXC: While many in the Conservative Party had assumed Liz Truss simply wants to remain influential following her chaotic stint as prime minister, her ambitions are rather higher - she’s thinking of running again to lead…

If you want a picture of the future of the Conservative Party, imagine an all-in wrestling match between Suella Braverman and Liz Truss - for ever.
  • rottenboroughrottenborough Posts: 61,453
    edited September 2023
    Harper tries to divert BBC radio 4 interviewer away from Hs2 and on to his parking app.

Fails.
  • LeonLeon Posts: 53,222
    Morning!

• Harper having a bit of car crash interview.
  • "i'm asking a question about High speed rail and you reply with an answer about buses."
  • bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 10,194
    DavidL said:

Foxy said:

DavidL said:

Is that why he bought his Glock (whilst on bail)? In this country he would have been remanded by now. The rule of law is under severe pressure in the US.
    His people clarified later that he hadn’t actually bought the gun.
    Quite frankly, it’s the only way to travel

• bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 10,194
    DavidL said:

The problem is that right-wing TV in the US lies, all the time, on an industrial scale.
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 27,551
    Chris said:

Scott_xP said:

@kitty_donaldson

If you want a picture of the future of the Conservative Party, imagine an all-in wrestling match between Suella Braverman and Liz Truss - for ever.
    That has put me off Leon's breakfast.
    Leon said:

Morning!

I was curious if I could practice my Russian with ChatGPT-audio. Yup. Speakers move between languages effortlessly.
    https://twitter.com/dmvaldman/status/1707881743892746381
    This week Suella Braverman, the home secretary, gave an incendiary speech in which she floated the idea of leaving the European Convention on Human Rights and said that multiculturalism had failed.

It culminated in Sunak, Britain’s first prime minister of Indian heritage, publicly contradicting her in a less than subtle rebuke. Cabinet ministers are now heavily briefing against her and suggesting she faces the sack in the forthcoming reshuffle.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rishi-sunak-prime-minister-key-objectives-milestones-premiership-dd8h2mzjd
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 33,040
    Chris said:

Scott_xP said:

@kitty_donaldson

Is that why Truss wears that necklace?

Good morning one and all!
  • Good morning, everyone.

Mr. xP, not a Braverman fan, but if she is sacked that may prove somewhat Pyrrhic for her opponents. I wouldn't be surprised (although I would be dismayed) if she's a 'serious' [ahem] contender for the leadership after Sunak goes.
    White House warns of ‘unprecedented’ Serbian troop buildup on Kosovo border
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/sep/29/kosovo-serbian-troops-buildup-us-uk
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 27,551
    Scott_xP said:

This week Suella Braverman, the home secretary, gave an incendiary speech in which she floated the idea of leaving the European Convention on Human Rights and said that multiculturalism had failed.

It culminated in Sunak, Britain’s first prime minister of Indian heritage, publicly contradicting her in a less than subtle rebuke. Cabinet ministers are now heavily briefing against her and suggesting she faces the sack in the forthcoming reshuffle.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/rishi-sunak-prime-minister-key-objectives-milestones-premiership-dd8h2mzjd

And the following day Graham Brady announces he has over a hundred letters of no confidence in the Prime Minister.

Scott_xP said:

And the following day Graham Brady announces he has over a hundred letters of no confidence in the Prime Minister.
    Good result then!
  • TazTaz Posts: 13,598
    Chris said:

Scott_xP said:

@kitty_donaldson

Call it Ultimate Surrender !
  • Good morning, everyone.

Mr. xP, not a Braverman fan, but if she is sacked that may prove somewhat Pyrrhic for her opponents. I wouldn't be surprised (although I would be dismayed) if she's a 'serious' [ahem] contender for the leadership after Sunak goes.

And that's Sunak's problem.

How do you punish someone who sees the obvious punishment as a step on their career plan?
  • TimSTimS Posts: 12,112

Good morning, everyone.

Quite possible the candidates for leader after next election will include both Braverman and a Liz Truss comeback. I can’t see either getting into the last 2 though.
    edited September 2023

DavidL said:

Foxy said:

DavidL said:

No, they first stated that he'd bought a gun, before realising the implications.

The 'clarification' was quite likely an obfuscation.
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 49,561

Harper tries to divert BBC radio 4 interviewer away from Hs2 and on to his parking app.

Fails.

It was a dreadful interview; he just came across as shifty and evasive, and didn't do the government any favours at all.
  • On Sycamore Gap:

If they find the culprit(s), what crime(s) could they be charged with?

Treeson.
    This might be your best post ever.
    Leon said:

Morning!

I hope you're in a different time zone ?
    Doesn't look the healthiest of breakfasts.

Starting to rootle through K-photos.
    Here's a temple pond.

Nigelb said:

Leon said:

Morning!

I hope you're in a different time zone ?
    Doesn't look the healthiest of breakfasts.

Starting to rootle through K-photos.
    Here's a temple pond.

Yeah it’s “one thirsty” pm here. Definitely permissible to drink
  • TimS said:

Good morning, everyone.

Quite possible the candidates for leader after next election will include both Braverman and a Liz Truss comeback. I can’t see either getting into the last 2 though.
    Will the next cadre of Conservative MPs include one third crazy people? Crazy, organised people?

They'll fall in behind whoever emerges as the winner in that lane, which could be either Truss or Braverman.
  • IanB2 said:

Andy_JS said:

The LDs aren't magicians and aren't doing anything special other parties can't do or don't know.

It’s more than that. To win any seat for a third party, who at best would naturally come second in most places, requires a campaigning edge - they can’t get (many) people elected just by wearing the right rosette in the right part of the country. So there’s a sort of natural selection process in play where those people who get elected as LibDem councillors or LibDem MPs know how to fight elections, and normally have some sort of talent for running campaigns (or occasionally just have a very good agent who does). LibDems have to campaign to survive in a way that isnt true for the larger parties with their shedloads of safe seats, and I have met many Tory and Labour councillors over the years who wouldn’t get anywhere in the LibDems. One other consequence is that there’s a huge culture of travelling long distances to help in by-election campaigns and hence for a single contest the party can pull in huge numbers of people from a very wide area.
    So, basically, you're very dedicated and put the hard nine yards in?

I get it, but that can be outgunned when the two parties decide to play and put their (greater) resources in; they also don't have to work quite as hard as they have a clear national message to leverage.
    Nigelb said:

Missed a link there.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/sep/29/mark-milley-retiring-trump-dictator
    ..Speaking at Joint Base Myer-Henderson Hall in Arlington, Virginia, Milley said of the US armed forces: “We don’t take an oath to a country. We don’t take an oath to a tribe. We don’t take an oath to a religion.

“We don’t take an oath to a king, or queen, or tyrant or a dictator, and we don’t take an oath to a wannabe dictator...

Trump has threatened to execute him.

Nigelb said:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/sep/29/kosovo-serbian-troops-buildup-us-uk

It’s been going on for a while and a full escalation has been expected more than once.

NATO also involved now.

https://x.com/jehonahulaj/status/1708019692399419543?s=61&t=s0ae0IFncdLS1Dc7J0P_TQ
  • I guess it should not be a surprise that HS2 and being able to walk to the shops from home are now both woke. The right in the UK is going through a deeply unserious period, to put it mildly.

IanB2 said:

Andy_JS said:

It’s more than that. To win any seat for a third party, who at best would naturally come second in most places, requires a campaigning edge - they can’t get (many) people elected just by wearing the right rosette in the right part of the country. So there’s a sort of natural selection process in play where those people who get elected as LibDem councillors or LibDem MPs know how to fight elections, and normally have some sort of talent for running campaigns (or occasionally just have a very good agent who does). LibDems have to campaign to survive in a way that isnt true for the larger parties with their shedloads of safe seats, and I have met many Tory and Labour councillors over the years who wouldn’t get anywhere in the LibDems. One other consequence is that there’s a huge culture of travelling long distances to help in by-election campaigns and hence for a single contest the party can pull in huge numbers of people from a very wide area.
    ..they also don't have to work quite as hard as they have a clear national message to leverage.
    Potholes ?

TimS said:

Good morning, everyone.

Will the next cadre of Conservative MPs include one third crazy people? Crazy, organised people?

They'll fall in behind whoever emerges as the winner in that lane, which could be either Truss or Braverman.
    Given a Tory collapse, how safe is either seat?
  • Taz said:

Nigelb said:

It’s been going on for a while and a full escalation has been expected more than once.

NATO also involved now.

https://x.com/jehonahulaj/status/1708019692399419543?s=61&t=s0ae0IFncdLS1Dc7J0P_TQ
    What's the betting Putin's agents are on the ground stirring trouble?
  • GallowgateGallowgate Posts: 19,317

Taz said:

Nigelb said:

NATO also involved now.

The state of some of those replies
    Labour rolls back on its commitment to restore social housing.

It’s now a long term aspiration. A meaningless platitude.

https://www.insidehousing.co.uk/news/labour-brands-social-housing-commitment-long-term-aspiration-after-it-does-not-appear-in-key-policy-document-83320

I guess it should not be a surprise that HS2 and being able to walk to the shops from home are now both woke. The right in the UK is going through a deeply unserious period, to put it mildly.

And the "defense of the motorist" being led by a guy who famously doesn't drive (prefers helicopters) and had to borrow a car for a photoshoot
    Slovakia election: polls open in knife-edge vote with Ukraine high on agenda
    https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2023/sep/30/slovakia-election-polls-open-in-knife-edge-vote-with-ukraine-high-on-agenda
    ...After a virulent campaign that has included physical brawls and amid a wave of online disinformation, the populist, nationalist three-time prime minister Robert Fico and his Smer-SD party were neck and neck with the newcomers Progressive Slovakia heading into the vote, with PS just ahead in two of the final four opinion polls.

However, neither party will come close to a majority in the 150-seat parliament and whichever one finishes first is unlikely to find it easy to form a ruling coalition: the results of half a dozen smaller parties will be critical to the outcome...

..A vocal admirer of Hungary’s autocratic leader, Viktor Orbán, and to a lesser extent Poland’s national-conservative Law and Justice party, Fico told a rally this week: “War always comes from the west. And freedom and peace always come from the east.”..
  • kjhkjh Posts: 11,516
    Mark Harper being taken to pieces on BBC breakfast over 20 mph stuff and war on motorist and HS2. To be honest I feel sorry for him. Not really fair to have to come on and do this but it is his job. If it were me I think I would be having a jolly good shout at Rishi for dropping me in this and then I would resign.
    TimS said:

Good morning, everyone.

Best odds that I can see on Truss are 80/1 on PP for next Tory leader.
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 77,439
    Fleetwood Mac
    7 Up
    --
    The bearded brethren
    edited September 2023
    ;)

It was Slovenia, not Slovakia and, no, I am now home looking out at the sunny seaside
    We may have to revise our scornful opinions of Mark Zuckerberg and his Metaverse

This is impressive, verging on incredible. You need to watch a fair bit to grasp the societal implications

https://youtu.be/MVYrJJNdrEg?si=FuYz7yawXakPz-_6

TimS said:

Good morning, everyone.

It's not just the MPs. When it goes to the membership, batshit crazy wins every time.
    Leon said:

We may have to revise our scornful opinions of Mark Zuckerberg and his Metaverse

This is impressive, verging on incredible. You need to watch a fair bit to grasp the societal implications

It’s fucking mind blowing, actually
    Foxy said:

TimS said:

Good morning, everyone.

Best odds that I can see on Truss are 80/1 on PP for next Tory leader.
    I got a few quid at 100/1 with William Hill a few months back 👍
  • TimSTimS Posts: 12,112

TimS said:

Good morning, everyone.

I think those are two distinct lanes. Batshit IEA think tank libertarianism, and batshit culture warrior.

The Tories will go right if they lose the next election, but which version of right?
    We are living in a time - a moment, even - of unprecedented technological advances. The world is transforming, sometimes on a daily basis

Exhilarating but scary
    Nigelb said:

DavidL said:

Foxy said:

DavidL said:

No, they first stated that he'd bought a gun, before realising the implications.

The 'clarification' was quite likely an obfuscation.
    There’s actually quite a lot of prosecution of “straw” and “proxy” gun sales in the US

Taz said:

Nigelb said:

NATO also involved now.

Probably and Serbia is very close to Russia anyway, certainly in European terms and the Serb President has a history of alignment with far right and Serb nationalist parties.

It doesn’t really need much agitation to kick this off.
    @LouHaigh

The 20mph announcement is yet another ban on something that doesn't exist.

@Mark_J_Harper
    cannot offer a single eg of a 20mph zone that will change under this announcement.

#7bins
  • Rep. Jasmine Crockett ABSOLUTELY DESTROYS the Biden Impeachment Inquiry & Donald Trump!

This is an absolute must-watch & share.

https://twitter.com/ElevenFilms/status/1707470705204555950
  • BarnesianBarnesian Posts: 8,348
    Taz said:

https://www.insidehousing.co.uk/news/labour-brands-social-housing-commitment-long-term-aspiration-after-it-does-not-appear-in-key-policy-document-83320

Meanwhile the yimbys have defeated the nimbys in the Lib Dems.
    https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/63229/liberal-democrats-housing-nimbyism-ed-davey
    TimS said:

TimS said:

Good morning, everyone.

I think those are two distinct lanes. Batshit IEA think tank libertarianism, and batshit culture warrior.

The Tories will go right if they lose the next election, but which version of right?
    You missed off TuFtOn StReEt.
    TimS said:

TimS said:

Good morning, everyone.

Why not both? Batshit libertarian culture warrior?
    Taz said:

Taz said:

Nigelb said:

NATO also involved now.

Probably and Serbia is very close to Russia anyway, certainly in European terms and the Serb President has a history of alignment with far right and Serb nationalist parties.

It doesn’t really need much agitation to kick this off.
    Always has been; part of the run up to WWI.
  • The metaverse is an idea designed to make NFT-nonsense the norm of the internet, and to gatekeep basic transactions and interactions. It doesn't enable anything that isn't already or cannot be implemented in the normal internet.

Spending cash (crypto, anyway) on things that are not merely digital but only have any 'use' in the metaverse and can be infinitely produced after an initial cost is not healthy for consumers. Doing so in metaverses in which a stand-up comic can only be applauded by his friends if they pay the fee to cheer is not wise.

What Meta and others want is a slice of every transaction and interaction that occurs. The barriers, in the form of VR (not essential but the way it is meant to be experienced), crypto as the main payment system, and NFTs (thankfully far less popular than the lunacy of 2 years ago), may be enough to ensure this nonsense doesn't get going despite the raging hard-on big business has for the concept of charging consumers a fortune for pixels.

And I'm not against digital products in themselves. DnD battle maps, using AI for character portraits or to create nice wallpaper backgrounds, music, all that's fine. Because they have utility beyond swelling the coffers of Walmart, Nike, Meta, or Apple. You can use them without being subscribed to a metaverse. I strongly suspect that just as Unity's dimwit CEO tried to turn a game engine into a microtransaction machine, and lit a bonfire under their reputation as a result, the metaverse fanatics simply want to turn the whole internet into the Satanism that is games-as-a-service.
  • TimS said:

TimS said:

Good morning, everyone.

Whichever one is ahead after the first few rounds.

I'm expecting roughly three carriageways, and the first few rounds will see the lanes within them merge, until there's one of each. Very roughly "start to move back towards the electorate but not too much" (Mordaunt), "business as usual" (someone like Cleverley or Barclay or Badenoch), and "batshit right" (Truss/Braverman). Probably with percentages 25:40:35 in the final MPs round.

Then, whatever happens, whoever gets through, the membership will go for the more right wing option.
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 42,452
    Foxy said:

TimS said:

TimS said:

Good morning, everyone.

Why not both? Batshit libertarian culture warrior?
    Or more.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/sep/30/a-guide-to-the-key-conservative-tribes-as-party-conference-looms
  • viewcodeviewcode Posts: 21,053
    Leon said:

There's this thing called Microsoft Teams. It became popular during Covid, displacing Skype. Millions of people use it every day to have conversations with their colleagues in real time with entirely realistic moving images of the person. Many people change the background to cover up their messy bedroom or wherever they are.
    Barnesian said:

Taz said:

Meanwhile the yimbys have defeated the nimbys in the Lib Dems.
    https://www.prospectmagazine.co.uk/politics/63229/liberal-democrats-housing-nimbyism-ed-davey
    Well, we do need some place to put the million migrants that have arrived in the last 2 years. Starmer and Davey have a lot of explaining to do on why their government let them in

Leon said:

A phone call where you can see the other person talking? Amazing.
    edited September 2023
    Scott_xP said:

I guess it should not be a surprise that HS2 and being able to walk to the shops from home are now both woke. The right in the UK is going through a deeply unserious period, to put it mildly.

And the "defense of the motorist" being led by a guy who famously doesn't drive (prefers helicopters) and had to borrow a car for a photoshoot
    'Motorist' too being a giveaway choice of word, so obsolete it might as well be a specialised sexual perversion catered for in a fin de siecle brothel in Austro-Hungarian Wien. Aims clearly at those above 65.

@alexwickham

NEW:

* Next Tory Leader Runners and Riders *

— some MPs think Sunak is a lame duck and their main topic of conversation now is who comes next after the election

— at least 13 names in the running as we head up to conference

https://x.com/alexwickham/status/1708027871715815561?s=20
    Leon said:

We are living in a time - a moment, even - of unprecedented technological advances. The world is transforming, sometimes on a daily basis

Exhilarating but scary

It's truly the changing of an era; we just can't see it yet
  • viewcodeviewcode Posts: 21,053
    Nigelb said:

Serbia is in the CSTO. I've pointed this out before:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_Security_Treaty_Organization#Membership
    Leon said:

Trans What Airways?
  • viewcode said:

Nigelb said:

Serbia is in the CSTO. I've pointed this out before:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collective_Security_Treaty_Organization#Membership
    CSTO membership has worked really well for Armenia this month, hasn't it ...

rcs1000 said:

rcs1000 said:

viewcode said:

No planing documentation on the Big Bang available. No safety case.

Obviously a cowboy operation.

Basing public policy on that?
    See the relevant volume in the History of Discworld (T. Pratchett, various dates and volumes).
  • TresTres Posts: 2,647
    Sunak's battle for the heart of the motorist doesn't include making sure the Dartford Crossing and Blackwall Tunnel aren't closed on the same weekend.
    Tres said:

Sunak's battle for the heart of the motorist doesn't include making sure the Dartford Crossing and Blackwall Tunnel aren't closed on the same weekend.

Au contraire: he can blame Mr Khan, legitimately or otherwise.
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,759
    Chris said:

Scott_xP said:

@kitty_donaldson

Would they both be naked?
    Carnyx said:

Leon said:

Trans What Airways?
    Trans Woke Illegal Immigrant Alien AIs Airline.

They’ve come for the flint knappers….
    viewcode said:

Leon said:

There's this thing called Microsoft Teams. It became popular during Covid, displacing Skype. Millions of people use it every day to have conversations with their colleagues in real time with entirely realistic moving images of the person. Many people change the background to cover up their messy bedroom or wherever they are.
    FFS watch the video. None of you has grasped what is happening in it, and why it is revolutionary. It is not another version of “Teams” or a “video call”
  • Scott_xP said:

@alexwickham

NEW:

* Next Tory Leader Runners and Riders *

— some MPs think Sunak is a lame duck and their main topic of conversation now is who comes next after the election

— at least 13 names in the running as we head up to conference

https://x.com/alexwickham/status/1708027871715815561?s=20

My biggest bet so far on this market is on Steve Barclay.
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,759
    DavidL said:

The bad politicians drive out the good. The worse politics gets, the less that able people wish to enter it.
This discussion has been closed.