Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Mid Beds betting remains very tight – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

And some bad news for Wales.... Superstar Louis Rees Zammit has been banned from playing in Wales home games for the 2023-24 season. He was clocked at 24.6 mph during Wales recent win against Portugal, which exceeds the new Welsh speed restrictions. First Minister Mark Drakeford said
    'This young mans reckless behaviour sets a terrible example for other players which endangers not just other players and officials but the 74,000 spectators inside the stadium'.
    As well as the ban, he will have to attend a Slow Speed School which has already been pioneered by Steve Borthwick.

I've been trying to get my head around this interactive map of the new speed limits, and I'm baffled.

The A493 from Tywyn to Dolgellau goes through a number of small villages. One of them is my old stamping ground of Llwyngwril.

If I read the map aright, they have kept the limit at 30 from Llangelynin to Llwyngwril, reduced it to 20 at Llwyngwril itself, *kept it at 20* from Llwyngwril to Friog, and *increased* it to 30 going through Friog itself.

If correct, that's madness.

And if not, the map can't be relied on.

But there, Drakeford couldn't even spell Llwyngwril.
    Good morning

The implementation has been bizarre and the petition grows day by day with 371,980 signatures of which 95% are from Wales and nearly 5% from England raising the real prospect of English day and weekend trippers avoiding the Welsh holiday areas reflected in concerns coming from the industry

I know this triggers some but the count shows no sign of abating
    Because it isn't Welsh people signing it

That’s not what I see when I do the same search:

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 3-m&geo=GB&q=Welsh postcodes
    He is in denial and it is a very real issue here and especially the threat to the holiday industry

Even I've signed it.

Good try but you are beginning to look ridiculous
    It has been known for online systems like this to be abused, though.

https://www.cfoc.org.uk/index.php/2021/10/09/how-pro-car-extremists-cheated-a-cambridgeshire-consultation-and-won/

But two things to remember:

The important one is that opponents of anything new are always louder than supporters. It's easy peasy for a small number of furious opponents to outshout a quietly content majority.

The other is that a lot of innovations take more than a week to settle down.

Can't be sure, but I suspect the ULEZ fury is beginning to dissipate, except amongst the hardcore.

To get overexcited at instant reactions is to risk looking silly.

Its very simple. Drakeford is a baddie. Welsh Labour are in power forever and as a Tory that is Bad. So cling to anything at all - no matter how hysterical it is - which gives a glimmer of Labour being overturned and the Tories taking over.

I can't wait for the Tory campaign for the Senedd - vote for me and I'll not actually do anything because speed limits are set by councils. But I will be telling those councils that people should be allowed to speed through villages. Not your own village though see, only Other People's Villages.
    You do know the campaign is led by a Labour supporter who wants a Labour win in 24
  • EabhalEabhal Posts: 7,922
    Sean_F said:

Ghedebrav said:

If Labour can frame green issues in a more local/tangible way I reckon they’ll be onto a winner.

It’s hard to see a global increase of 0.3°; it is much easier to see your rivers being filled with sewage and your beaches covered in dead sealife.

My pet theory is that most people really do care about environmental issues, but are turned off by global intangibles. Labour’s job is to frame the argument correctly.

Most people do care, but they don’t want to wear hair shirts.
    Bamboo is the environmentally friendly option. Got some lovely socks.

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

And some bad news for Wales.... Superstar Louis Rees Zammit has been banned from playing in Wales home games for the 2023-24 season. He was clocked at 24.6 mph during Wales recent win against Portugal, which exceeds the new Welsh speed restrictions. First Minister Mark Drakeford said
    'This young mans reckless behaviour sets a terrible example for other players which endangers not just other players and officials but the 74,000 spectators inside the stadium'.
    As well as the ban, he will have to attend a Slow Speed School which has already been pioneered by Steve Borthwick.

I've been trying to get my head around this interactive map of the new speed limits, and I'm baffled.

The A493 from Tywyn to Dolgellau goes through a number of small villages. One of them is my old stamping ground of Llwyngwril.

If I read the map aright, they have kept the limit at 30 from Llangelynin to Llwyngwril, reduced it to 20 at Llwyngwril itself, *kept it at 20* from Llwyngwril to Friog, and *increased* it to 30 going through Friog itself.

Good morning

The implementation has been bizarre and the petition grows day by day with 371,980 signatures of which 95% are from Wales and nearly 5% from England raising the real prospect of English day and weekend trippers avoiding the Welsh holiday areas reflected in concerns coming from the industry

https://trends.google.com/trends/explore?date=today 3-m&geo=GB&q=Welsh postcodes
    He is in denial and it is a very real issue here and especially the threat to the holiday industry

Even I've signed it.

https://www.cfoc.org.uk/index.php/2021/10/09/how-pro-car-extremists-cheated-a-cambridgeshire-consultation-and-won/

The important one is that opponents of anything new are always louder than supporters. It's easy peasy for a small number of furious opponents to outshout a quietly content majority.

Can't be sure, but I suspect the ULEZ fury is beginning to dissipate, except amongst the hardcore.

Its very simple. Drakeford is a baddie. Welsh Labour are in power forever and as a Tory that is Bad. So cling to anything at all - no matter how hysterical it is - which gives a glimmer of Labour being overturned and the Tories taking over.

I can't wait for the Tory campaign for the Senedd - vote for me and I'll not actually do anything because speed limits are set by councils. But I will be telling those councils that people should be allowed to speed through villages. Not your own village though see, only Other People's Villages.
    You do know the campaign is led by a Labour supporter who wants a Labour win in 24
    I've written to my local councillors calling for a city-wide ban on Welsh motorists. Can't have these lunatics driving through 20mph Edinburgh.
  • NatWest says issue of missing cash deposits has been resolved
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66883086

NatWest doing its bit for the cashless society.
  • TazTaz Posts: 13,634
    Ghedebrav said:

If Labour can frame green issues in a more local/tangible way I reckon they’ll be onto a winner.

It’s hard to see a global increase of 0.3°; it is much easier to see your rivers being filled with sewage and your beaches covered in dead sealife.

My pet theory is that most people really do care about environmental issues, but are turned off by global intangibles. Labour’s job is to frame the argument correctly.

I agree, they do need to frame green issues in a more local and tangible way

The problem is for labour, and their supporters, their response in the media has been hysterical drivel like this from Toynbee.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/other/sunak-s-anti-green-stance-exposes-his-reckless-dishonesty-his-fate-is-what-matters-the-planet-can-go-hang/ar-AA1h3Zao?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=cbd5d5f0641443ffbd9a1281d64def4e&ei=10
  • viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

WILL PEOPLE ON HERE PLEASE STOP GIVING AWAY THEIR PERSONAL DETAILS? WHAT IS THE POINT OF RULES AGAINST DOXXING IF PEOPLE DOXX THEMSELVES?
    I would just comment that if this is a fake email address then the vote would not count, as the Senedd sends a verification e mail to the email address and the vote only counts when the email is verified by the person submitting their vote

However you do make an excellent point
  • Can someone do a welfare check on Scott?

Even the Lib Dems Ed Davey now says Brexit is done and voters aren't talking about it anymore: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-66878234

Oh dear, what a shame.
  • Netflix at centre of EU row as Germany defends British TV's right to 'European' status
    France's aim to redefine term could force streaming platforms to remove British shows from their archives to comply with the diktat

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/09/21/netflix-brexit-row-germany-defends-britain-eu-film-status/ (£££)
  • SandpitSandpit Posts: 53,376

Sandpit said:

Zac Goldsmith was critical of Sunak’s Net Zero policy change. Kemi Badenoch was quoted in the Standard criticising Goldsmith, saying, “Zac Goldsmith is someone who cares very much about the environment,... But the fact is, he has way more money than pretty much everyone in the UK.”

That’s a brave line to take when Rishi Sunak has way more money than Zac Goldsmith!

The theory of “luxury beliefs” is going to be an increasingly important political issue in the next few years.

It starts with mocking those who turn up to climate change summits in private planes, but quickly goes into retail local politics, with Conservatives pointing at Sadiq Khan and Mark Drakeford as evidence that Labour want to make cars something that only the rich have, and everyone else can get the bus.

Same with the ‘meat tax’. Fillet steak and caviar for the climate summit attendees, but bugs and salad for the rest of us.

The thing is, that these are actual discussions happening in academia and at these international summits. The WEF really did publish a paper with the title “Welcome to 2030. I own nothing, have no privacy, and life has never been better”
    https://web.archive.org/web/20161125135500/https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/shopping-i-can-t-really-remember-what-that-is
    If we take your argument to be correct, where does this leave Sunak? Is he seen as a man of the people, or do people think about his family’s immense wealth?
    If I was advising Sunak, my very first comment would be to never be seen near another helicopter. Even if he’s at the factory that makes them. Have the diary secretary work through proper timings with road or rail transport.

(I do wonder if a lot of the Tory party machine are still writing lines for Boris Johnson to say, and haven’t yet realised that Rishi Sunak is a very different personality).
  • Scott_xPScott_xP Posts: 35,379

How do you play Monopoly in a cashless society?
  • viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

WILL PEOPLE ON HERE PLEASE STOP GIVING AWAY THEIR PERSONAL DETAILS? WHAT IS THE POINT OF RULES AGAINST DOXXING IF PEOPLE DOXX THEMSELVES?
    I would just comment that if this is a fake email address then the vote would not count, as the Senedd sends a verification e mail to the email address and the vote only counts when the email is verified by the person submitting their vote

You can check the reality of the email address, but it has been known for people to have multiple online identities.

Much harder to check that the postcode entered is really the location of the signatory.

I know, shocking how dishonest some people are.

(Insert Casablanca reference here).
    edited September 2023

viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

Typical Welsh motorist:

• Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 62,048
    edited September 2023

viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

You can check the reality of the email address, but it has been known for people to have multiple online identities.

Much harder to check that the postcode entered is really the location of the signatory.

I am content that the Senedd petition committee are dealing with this professionally with email verifications before accepting the vote but there will always be some who want to debase the petition
  • bondegezoubondegezou Posts: 10,236
    Scott_xP said:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/32032/monopoly-electronic-banking
  • Eabhal said:

viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

Typical Welsh motorist:

Did you receive the Senedd verification e mail when you signed the petition?
  • IanB2IanB2 Posts: 49,603
    Eabhal said:

viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

Typical Welsh motorist:

I never realised Big G was so suave ?
  • Sandpit said:

Zac Goldsmith was critical of Sunak’s Net Zero policy change. Kemi Badenoch was quoted in the Standard criticising Goldsmith, saying, “Zac Goldsmith is someone who cares very much about the environment,... But the fact is, he has way more money than pretty much everyone in the UK.”

That’s a brave line to take when Rishi Sunak has way more money than Zac Goldsmith!

The theory of “luxury beliefs” is going to be an increasingly important political issue in the next few years.

It starts with mocking those who turn up to climate change summits in private planes, but quickly goes into retail local politics, with Conservatives pointing at Sadiq Khan and Mark Drakeford as evidence that Labour want to make cars something that only the rich have, and everyone else can get the bus.

Same with the ‘meat tax’. Fillet steak and caviar for the climate summit attendees, but bugs and salad for the rest of us.

The thing is, that these are actual discussions happening in academia and at these international summits. The WEF really did publish a paper with the title “Welcome to 2030. I own nothing, have no privacy, and life has never been better”
    https://web.archive.org/web/20161125135500/https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/11/shopping-i-can-t-really-remember-what-that-is
    In general one can find articles and reports expressing any view at all, so "someone once said something like this" isn't a compelling argument.

I know quite a lot about the meat issue. There is an objective problem with ever-rising consumption, since intensive farms are dependent on massive soya and grain imports (mostly from South America), which in turn depend on deforestation, which produces lots of greenhouse gases (animal agriculture produces more greenhouses gases than all the cars on the planet), and creates a dependency on a maritime supply chain and anyway can't go on indefinitely as the land isn't infinite. Thus lots of charities and think tanks believe it'd be a Good Thing if we transitioned to eating less meat (and less intensively reared. Dimbleby's food strategy report commissioned by the Government recommended a target of 30% reduction in meat consumption. I eat meat myself so I'm by no means a zealot on it, but I do recognise the issue.

However, it's a consensus of nearly everyone familiar with the issue that a meat tax is such a no-no for voters that it's not even worth asking parties to consider it. I seem to remember some Green Party interest, but Labour and LibDems would certainly go nowhere near it. The pressure is therefore for encouragement of alternative proteins, and stopping actually pushing people to eat more meat (government-funded advertising, minimum meat requirements for school, etc.). Sunak is therefore definitely attacking a straw man when he says he won't have a meat tax - nor will anyone else.
    Now loads of youngsters don't eat meat, or eat it only occassionally, if that continues for future generations then demographics will take care of a significant reduction on its own.
    I've eaten no meat since 1988. You're welcome.
  • IanB2 said:

Eabhal said:

viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

Typical Welsh motorist:

I certainly am not anything like him nor owned a convertible
  • PulpstarPulpstar Posts: 77,443
    Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

“Everything I do, think and dream is recorded. I just hope that no one will use it against me”

“Everything you considered a product, has now become a service”.
    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/now-is-the-time-for-a-great-reset/
  • MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 48,442

Eabhal said:

viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

Typical Welsh motorist:

He did, but some passing, escaped, swans printed out the reply, deleted the original and made off with the paper copy.
  • pm215pm215 Posts: 1,095

Sandpit said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

“Pro-car extremists” lol.
    Before you get excited, i have to ask if you actually clicked the link.

Badly conceived and implemented traffic removal measure implemented by a *Tory Council* against the wishes of residents and businesses.

Tories then lost the election and the Lab/LD coalition removed the measures. Based on a dodgy survey which officers told councillors to ignore as the qual data showed support.

And the piece is written by a Tory cycling group!
    The good news is the bridge is finally going to be re-closed to traffic this Autumn (decision made last year with a long schedule to actually carry it out for no clear reason):
    https://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/residents/travel-roads-and-parking/transport-projects/cycling-pedestrian-improvements/mill-road-bridge-tro

The area was much more pleasant to live in, walk and cycle through when the bridge was closed last time, so I am looking forward to it.

Scott_xP said:

Does @Anabobazina get to play the banker ?
  • Good morning, everyone.

'Plant-based' is a stupid shift in language because it reduces the amount of useful information.

Vegetarian has a clear meaning. Vegan has a clear meaning. Plant-based also has a clear meaning by itself, but if you're a vegan you have no idea if something that's just 'plant-based' is ok or not.

Just label and name stuff clearly so people can make an informed choice without having to read the tiny print on the back.
  • MattWMattW Posts: 21,902

viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

I am content that the Senedd petition committee are dealing with this professionally with email verifications before accepting the vote but there will always be some who want to debate the petition
    Separately from making the case in support of the default soeed limit change, geographical verification does not exist on the petition. And Wales having a tiny population next to regions with 20x the population with a small obsessive minority on this particular issue are not exactly circumstances conducive to a fair result from the petition.

I have signed it twice, using 2 different email addresses as a trial.

1 - Nottinghamshire postcode declaring the country to be Wales. Signature accepted.
    2 - The Llandudno postcode above using a geolocatable email address.

Both signatures accepted.

Motohoon / conspiracy channels (I looked at Andy the Gabby Cabby on Youtube) are full of comments from people outside Wales saying they have signed it.

So I suggest the petition is fairly meaningless.

In any case the measure is a manifesto commitment in the Labour 2021 Senedd Manifesto, which gives democratic legitimacy. If the petitioners want to reverse it all they need to do is win the next election on this issue. If they have getting on for half a million signatures from Wales in an electorate of ~2 million, that should not be impossible.

I look forward to the campaign.
  • CarnyxCarnyx Posts: 42,459
    Pulpstar said:

Scott_xP said:

He'd overturn the board and storm off in a huff at the insult of being asked to play with money.
  • MexicanpeteMexicanpete Posts: 27,551
    ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

There are quite a few anomalies, although that is the work of the individual council. The Vale Council have managed the transition very well. I was in Pembrokeshire earlier in the week and between Haverfordwest and Milford Haven the speed limit is 20 through Johnston which is insanely slow. Your post nonetheless puts pay to BigG's assertion than there is a blanket reduction.

Personally I am not averse to the changes when implemented sensibly, but it does play into Rishi's new role as the poor motorist's friend. The 20 policy, like ULEZ, both of which the Conservatives claim to hate, despite having their fingerprints all over them play into Rishi's rather clever, if cynical and untrue narrative that Labour will repossess everyone's ICE cars on January 1, 2030. I think we would all laugh out loud if Drakeford delivered Rishi a magnificent and comprehensive victory at the next GE.
    Carnyx said:

Pulpstar said:

Scott_xP said:

He'd overturn the board and storm off in a huff at the insult of being asked to play with money.
    Come to thin of it, does he only watch Star Trek? No cash there. No money either....

Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

Sandpit said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

Sure. If you want to hate your enemies out of fear of the unknown, nobody can stop you. It is an update of the paranoid theories that Jewish monied elites control everything and kill Christian babies.
    Oh, the “It’s not really happening, it’s a mad conspiracy theory” argument.

It’s really happening, in the real world.
    Please show us your "real world" evidence for Labour's 'meat tax' plans, which Sunak recently referred to ?

The real world seems to be that our PM has engaged in a dishonest smear campaign, which he kicked off just as Parliament went into recess.
    Neatly avoiding Parliamentary scrutiny of his shoddy policy changes.
    Did Sunak specifically refer to Labour’s meat tax plans? I might have missed that.

Labour’s taxes and restrictions on motorists, on the other hand, are very clear for everyone to see in London and Wales.
    Our first vegetarian PM ending the hated meat tax just shows how well our country is
    run.

Satire is no longer possible in British politics.
    Extraordinary!

A vegetarian who doesn’t want to impose his personal preferences on others!

Who would have thought such a thing existed?!
    Vegetarians are cool, now if it was a Vegan....
  • viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

You’ve never watched Hot Fuzz I guess?
    Taz said:

Foxy said:

Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

Sandpit said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

Sure. If you want to hate your enemies out of fear of the unknown, nobody can stop you. It is an update of the paranoid theories that Jewish monied elites control everything and kill Christian babies.

Please show us your "real world" evidence for Labour's 'meat tax' plans, which Sunak recently referred to ?

The real world seems to be that our PM has engaged in a dishonest smear campaign, which he kicked off just as Parliament went into recess.
    Did Sunak specifically refer to Labour’s meat tax plans? I might have missed that.

Labour’s taxes and restrictions on motorists, on the other hand, are very clear for everyone to see in London and Wales.
    Our first vegetarian PM ending the hated meat tax just shows how well our country is
    run.

Satire is no longer possible in British politics.
    Extraordinary!

A vegetarian who doesn’t want to impose his personal preferences on others!

Who would have thought such a thing existed?!
    Vegetarians are cool, now if it was a Vegan....
    ...then we would also be forced to eat venison for every meal.

Sandpit said:

If we take your argument to be correct, where does this leave Sunak? Is he seen as a man of the people, or do people think about his family’s immense wealth?
    Helicopter politics loom - haven't had that since Tarzan vs Maggie, have we?
  • Pulpstar said:

Sandpit said:

Sandpit said:

“Everything I do, think and dream is recorded. I just hope that no one will use it against me”

“Everything you considered a product, has now become a service”.
    https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/now-is-the-time-for-a-great-reset/
    I find it hilarious that this kind of stuff has seeded a vast conspiracy theory. For one thing, if people are working on a dark clandestine conspiracy to pollute the purity of our precious bodily fluids, I don't imagine they'd publish a paper laying it all out on the Internet. And is this rather vague, toothless and well-meaning laundry list of bland aspirations for making the world a slightly better place really so threatening? It's like the hoopla about 15 minute cities. Oh no, I might be able to walk to work! What a terrifying threat to my liberties!
  • OldKingColeOldKingCole Posts: 33,053
    Morning all!

I’m somewhat puzzled by the furore over the Welsh speed controls. AIUI the 20mph only applies where previously there was a 30mph one. It’s now some time, sadly, since I’ve driven in Wales, but my understanding was and is that the 30mph limit was applied in the same way that it is in England; that is, generally speaking, where there were likely to be quite a few pedestrians about.
    Round here we could, as I posted a few days ago, do with a 20mph limit.

'Plant-based' is a stupid shift in language because it reduces the amount of useful information.

Vegetarian has a clear meaning. Vegan has a clear meaning. Plant-based also has a clear meaning by itself, but if you're a vegan you have no idea if something that's just 'plant-based' is ok or not.

Just label and name stuff clearly so people can make an informed choice without having to read the tiny print on the back.

Yes and no. The category has been hard to define and name. One group of consumers understands one definition and not the other. We can't call the category Vegan as big chunks of it aren't. We can't call it Vegetarian as that isn't a word that most of the newer consumers identify with.

Plant-Based is a compromise but it is a settled one. Products will still get Vegan Society logos etc where applicable.
  • StockyStocky Posts: 9,998

Good morning, everyone.

Also it's vague. Is a pizza is plant-based despite the mozzarella and the bits of ham?
  • Eabhal said:

viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

Typical Welsh motorist:

Doing 30mph down your cobbles is for the greater good.

IanB2 said:

Eabhal said:

viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

Typical Welsh motorist:

I certainly am not anything like him nor owned a convertible
    Priceless!
  • ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

There are quite a few anomalies, although that is the work of the individual council. The Vale Council have managed the transition very well. I was in Pembrokeshire earlier in the week and between Haverfordwest and Milford Haven the speed limit is 20 through Johnston which is insanely slow. Your post nonetheless puts pay to BigG's assertion than there is a blanket reduction.

Personally I am not averse to the changes when implemented sensibly, but it does play into Rishi's new role as the poor motorist's friend. The 20 policy, like ULEZ, both of which the Conservatives claim to hate, despite having their fingerprints all over them play into Rishi's rather clever, if cynical and untrue narrative that Labour will repossess everyone's ICE cars on January 1, 2030. I think we would all laugh out loud if Drakeford delivered Rishi a magnificent and comprehensive victory at the next GE.
    Can I ask you a genuine question as one of only a few Welsh posters on this forum

Do you agree the implementation has been terrible and generated a lot of genuine anger, and that the Senedd petitions committee will report factually on the petition, it will be subject to a Senedd debate, and that whilst the 20mph rule remain, many of the present changes will be reviewed and sensible changes made ?
    Carnyx said:

Sandpit said:

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/03/united-airlines-reveals-first-evtol-passenger-route-starting-in-2025/

This one probably won't happen, but others will.

On the battlefield in Ukraine, drones are already picking injured soldiers up, and taking them to field hospitals away from the fighting. The Russians complained that the Ukrainians are using them to snatch Russian wounded.....

Once again, when technology changes, the arguments will need to change. I wonder what they will be against electric aviation. The watermelon brigade won't accept the implications, I think.
    Eabhal said:

viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

Typical Welsh motorist:

Can't be. Backs to the gloves. Also the top is down, unless that is the day for carrying the dafaid to market.
    edited September 2023
    Mail headline:

Bank of England cuts mortgage rates as the tide finally turns in the battle against inflation - but savers are told to grab good deals amid fears they won't last

I know headlines aren't always the whole story but does anyone actually check anything any more ?
    If this was written by a real person and represents the standard of the industry then AI can't come quickly enough to put a whole tranche of journalists out of business.
    If it's AI then it needs a bit more work.
  • ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

I might be misreading it, but from crossreferencing the gov.wales map and Google Street View, it looks like (heading S-N) it remains NSL until the southern edge of the village; it's then 30mph until the church ("Exception By Order (Stage 3)"); it's then reduced as standard to 20mph through the village; it then becomes 40mph shortly after the bus stop, as before; and it's still 30mph through Ffriog ("Exception By Order (Stage 3)").

Which seems sensible, I think?
  • Sean_FSean_F Posts: 36,761
    Pulpstar said:

Scott_xP said:

Why would anyone want a cashless society?

If say, I were trying to create a meth empire, the last thing I’d do is get my clients to pay by card.
  • Penddu2Penddu2 Posts: 680

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Can I ask you a genuine question as one of only a few Welsh posters on this forum

Do you agree the implementation has been terrible and generated a lot of genuine anger, and that the Senedd petitions committee will report factually on the petition, it will be subject to a Senedd debate, and that whilst the 20mph rule remain, many of the present changes will be reviewed and sensible changes made ?
    Big G - I concur. There will be a debate in the Senedd. 'Welsh' Labour will be all pious and condescending - Conservatives very shouty and ineffective - Plaid sensible but ignored. An enquiry will be set up to look at local implementation but law will not be repealed or even changed. And the public will continue as before as if nothing happened.

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

The campaign/petition is too late. People haven't twigged this until it's happened.

Carnyx said:

Sandpit said:

https://arstechnica.com/cars/2023/03/united-airlines-reveals-first-evtol-passenger-route-starting-in-2025/

On the battlefield in Ukraine, drones are already picking injured soldiers up, and taking them to field hospitals away from the fighting. The Russians complained that the Ukrainians are using them to snatch Russian wounded.....

Once again, when technology changes, the arguments will need to change. I wonder what they will be against electric aviation. The watermelon brigade won't accept the implications, I think.
    That'll still depend on the source of the leccy, and the overall energy generation and consumption. Also on how long range the electric things are.

Wonder if we'll get to the scenes shwon in Eagle comic when I were a lad, and their modern reprises:

https://thebristolboard.tumblr.com/post/41532152189/full-page-by-chris-weston-from-ministry-of-space

That’s because it’s not aimed at vegetarians or vegans.

It’s aimed at mainstream consumers who want something a bit healthier and “plant-based” sounds healthier.

It’s marketing.

For example in the US “all natural” means “minimally processed”. It doesn’t mean healthy…

Sean_F said:

Pulpstar said:

Scott_xP said:

If say, I were trying to create a meth empire, the last thing I’d do is get my clients to pay by card.
    And we all know what bankers do for recreation.
  • Penddu2 said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Big G - I concur. There will be a debate in the Senedd. 'Welsh' Labour will be all pious and condescending - Conservatives very shouty and ineffective - Plaid sensible but ignored. An enquiry will be set up to look at local implementation but law will not be repealed or even changed. And the public will continue as before as if nothing happened.
    As usual we are on the same page

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

On the whole in the Vale there has clearly been a lot of thought gone into the roll out. There has been chaos elsewhere. Carmarthenshire council installed 20s a few weeks ago and removed the black cellophane so we had twenty and thirty signs together.

There is a great deal of animosity, not least because of political opportunism. The petition, I am fairly sure has partially been hijacked by political opponents of Labour. Do you not agree that RT Davies has been disingenuous with his u-turned opposition to the scheme? I am busy exchanging photos of gear knobs with 1, 2 and R only displayed, and the Louis Rees Zammit speed ban. They are rather funny, but I don't oppose the scheme in principle, and of course any teething problems should be rectified as soon as possible.

Andrew Davies and the Conservatives in the Senedd are now diametrically opposed and would return all 20s to 30s, which of course would mean an additional dead child or two each year. Do you agree with that approach?

Plant based is perfectly clear. If something is plant based, there ain't no animal bits in it, plus it doesn't trigger snow flake meat eaters like Vegan does. Also, you can have a plant based diet but not be Vegan. Great, innit?
    edited September 2023

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

I would be amused, but I don't see a Conservative government in the UK or Wales reversing such a policy. They may try to weaponise the issue as a last throw of the dice for the next Election, but they won't want to be seen making our roads more dangerous, especially for pedestrians - even though they have do-nothing policies on road safety improvement.

We already have the data from extended periods of time that wider programmes of lower speed limits in residential areas significantly improve road safety. Take Hull, mentioned in the relevant ROSPA paper:

From 1994, there was a widespread introduction of 20mph zones in Hull, and by 2003, there were 120 zones covering 500 streets. The casualty statistics between 1994 and 2001 showed a drop of 14% in Hull, compared to a rise of 1.5% in the rest of Yorkshire and Humberside. In the 20mph zones in Hull, there was a decrease in total accidents of 56% and in fatal and serious injuries of 90%. The biggest reductions were pedestrian casualties, which fell by 54%, child casualties, which dropped by 54% and child pedestrian casualties, which fell by 74%. These figures were reported in Local Transport Today
    https://www.rospa.com/media/documents/road-safety/20mph-zones-and-speed-limits-factsheet.pdf

We already have a large number of Local Highways Authorities that have implemented 20mph limits quite widely.

Does anyone have examples of large scale reversal of such policies once implemented?
  • TresTres Posts: 2,651

rcs1000 said:

Andy_JS said:

I think the LDs are great value in Mid Beds but DYOR.

Why are you so convinced the LDs will win it?
    If someone offers me 3-1 odds on the LDs, then I'd probably take it. I'd reckon they are probably neck and neck with Labour to grab the seat, simply because they are better byelection players, and they have some momentum.

My guesstimate would be 40% (chance) Labour, 40% LD, 20% Con.

That makes this an "OK" (rather than great) bet, but I'm far from certain the LDs will win.
    I'm not sure where this idea the LDs have momentum is coming from.

Sure, they were working the seat for months. But then Labour turned up and outgunned them and now the polling shows it's a two-horse race between them and the Conservatives.

My bet is that they are now out the picture for the same reason they are at a national level.
    polling in individual by-elections has never been particularly reliable
    Sean_F said:

Pulpstar said:

Scott_xP said:

Think of all the extra tax it would bring in, especially in places like Greece and Italy…

Plant based is perfectly clear. If something is plant based, there ain't no animal bits in it, plus it doesn't trigger snow flake meat eaters like Vegan does. Also, you can have a plant based diet but not be Vegan. Great, innit?
    Is there a word for someone who eats lab grown meat but not meat from animals yet?
    MattW said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

I would be amused, but I don't see a Conservative government in the UK or Wales reversing such a policy. They may try to weaponise the issue as a last throw of the dice for the next Election, but they won't want to be seen making our roads more dangerous, especially for pedestrians - even though they have do-nothing policies on road safety improvement.

We already have the data from extended periods of time that wider programmes of lower speed limits in residential areas significantly improve road safety. Take Hull, mentioned in the relevant ROSPA paper:

From 1994, there was a widespread introduction of 20mph zones in Hull, and by 2003, there were 120 zones covering 500 streets. The casualty statistics between 1994 and 2001 showed a drop of 14% in Hull, compared to a rise of 1.5% in the rest of Yorkshire and Humberside. In the 20mph zones in Hull, there was a decrease in total accidents of 56% and in fatal and serious injuries of 90%. The biggest reductions were pedestrian casualties, which fell by 54%, child casualties, which dropped by 54% and child pedestrian casualties, which fell by 74%. These figures were reported in Local Transport Today
    https://www.rospa.com/media/documents/road-safety/20mph-zones-and-speed-limits-factsheet.pdf

We already have a large number of Local Highways Authorities that have implemented 20mph limits quite widely.

Does anyone have examples of large scale reversal of such policies once implemented?
    I suspect, and don't forget this is the week for making up non-policies and repealing them, if the Conservatives win the next election, which I suspect is likely, it will be the most fiscally right wing government we have seen, and as a sop to Braverman and Mogg probably the most socially right wing government too. One has to laugh if Drakeford furnishes the victory.
  • GhedebravGhedebrav Posts: 3,860
    Saudi Mega League update: Jordan Henderson’s latest game for Al-Ettifaq was played in front of an astonishing 976 spectators.
    Penddu2 said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

"And the public will continue as before as if nothing happened."

Yes, unless speed cameras come next. The ambient speed in the 30mph limit in our village is 34-36mph. Seems typical. I doubt this will diverge much in Wales despite the changes.
  • Eabhal said:

viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

Typical Welsh motorist:

Sandford was supposed to be in the west of England!
    Sean_F said:

Pulpstar said:

Scott_xP said:

Do you not remember that documentary about Walter White, constantly checking his WorldPay account balance?
  • Mr. Above, I did read something a few weeks (months?) ago suggesting lab-grown meat may not be economically viable.

It would've been interesting to hear not just vegetarian moral discussion on that, but Jewish, Muslim, and other religious groups determining whether a forbidden type of meat was ok if it was grown in a lab rather than butchered from an animal.
    Penddu2 said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

If the Conservatives win the next Senedd election, not only will the 20mph law be repealed, they will build the M4 relief, but they will vote to wind down the Senedd, none of which worries me too much, but they will also close down Cardiff Airport, which does.
  • Dura_AceDura_Ace Posts: 13,677
    Eabhal said:

viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

Typical Welsh motorist:

2001 XKR. Get that shit off my monitor.
    Carnyx said:

Carnyx said:

Sandpit said:

That'll still depend on the source of the leccy, and the overall energy generation and consumption. Also on how long range the electric things are.

Wonder if we'll get to the scenes shwon in Eagle comic when I were a lad, and their modern reprises:

https://thebristolboard.tumblr.com/post/41532152189/full-page-by-chris-weston-from-ministry-of-space
    Various companies are testing electric, drone style aviation. The progress is actually more rapid than I expected.

For short range point to point, people carrying in civilian service is clearly nearing service. Some designs are looking at over 50 mile ranges, already.

The Ukraine war has, as war often does, massively boosted acceptance of technology.

Is there a word for someone who eats lab grown meat but not meat from animals yet?
    Labatarian?
    edited September 2023
    Stocky said:

Penddu2 said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Yes, unless speed cameras come next. The ambient speed in the 30mph limit in our village is 34-36mph. Seems typical. I doubt this will diverge much in Wales despite the changes.
    Having read the interim monitoring report and other docs, the trial areas generated reductions in speed. Which is a positive outcome.

It remains to be seen how effective the engagement / education / enforcement campaign will be - are there plans to increase traffic police, for example?

In the long term, road corridors need to be redesigned to reduce the 'perceived appropriate speed', which would need to be done over a normal 30 year (estimate) major maintenance cycle. That in turn would require a strategic approach, not the sticky plaster maintenance which has traditionally been the method (in England at least).
    edited September 2023
    Dura_Ace said:

Eabhal said:

viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

Typical Welsh motorist:

It is a perfect fit to the character.
  • Dura_Ace said:

Eabhal said:

viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

Typical Welsh motorist:

It is a perfect fit to the character.
    "Do feel free to spool through!"

I like my plant based food.

Grass fed beef.

Corn fed chicken.

What's not to like?
  • nico679nico679 Posts: 5,912
    I see the Daily Mail is continuing its Starmer Brexit Betrayal series !

They seem to be living in 2016 ! The Red Wall know now they were duped and leveling up was a load of tosh.

• viewcodeviewcode Posts: 21,087

Eabhal said:

viewcode said:

Eabhal said:

RobD said:

Eabhal said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Good morning

Even I've signed it.

Typical Welsh motorist:

He did, but some passing, escaped, swans printed out the reply, deleted the original and made off with the paper copy.
    Can you describe the swan please?

Sean_F said:

Ghedebrav said:

I had to rebut an "idea" of a vegetarian only main course at an industry dinner on Monday, I'm a member of the planning committee.

I said it would risk patronising and alienating people, and many wouldn't come again.
    Is the problem that it would be telegraphed in an earnest, virtue-signally way?

I mean, if it was an informal occasion and the food was, say, pizza and salad with no patronising bollux attached you wouldn't mind would you?
  • El_CapitanoEl_Capitano Posts: 4,238
    edited September 2023
    MattW said:

Stocky said:

Penddu2 said:

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

Having read the interim monitoring report and other docs, the trial areas generated reductions in speed. Which is a positive outcome.
    The effect in our town has been exactly as reported elsewhere - speeders still do 10mph over the limit, but that means they're now doing 30mph rather than 40mph.

And they're more likely to encounter someone in front doing 20mph which will slow them down. Perhaps inevitably, if I'm doing 20mph through town in our car then it slows down anyone behind, but if I'm doing 20mph through town on my bike they have no qualms about overtaking at 30.
  • nico679 said:

I see the Daily Mail is continuing its Starmer Brexit Betrayal series !

They seem to be living in 2016 ! The Red Wall know now they were duped and leveling up was a load of tosh.

Noticeable vibe on QT last night.

Not so.kuch about the merits of the Sunak Plan, more that the government just isn't trusted.
    edited September 2023
    Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

Sandpit said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

I think he referred to Meat Tax plans which apparentl exist out there somewhere, amongst things he is going to stop that were not going to happen anyway - but did not link it to Labour. Have we all seen the graphic?

Eabhal said:

Sean_F said:

Ghedebrav said:

Bamboo is the environmentally friendly option. Got some lovely socks.
    Unless you have it in your garden, coming up everywhere….

And the socks do ladder rather easily.
  • AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 22,470
    I hope PBers enjoy today, the last day of Summer.
    MattW said:

Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

Sandpit said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

I think he referred to Meat Tax plans which apparentl exist out there somewhere, amongst the other things he is going to stop that were not going to happen anyway - but did not link it to Labour.

Of course there is currently no meat tax nor plans but it is dishonest to pretend this is not something that is being considered or looked at by policy makers or influencers in the environmental debate. Labour does not have a meat tax plan, I did not hear him make that claim.

There are currently no firm policies on many issues. It does not mean they are not being reviewed, looked at or discussed by various policy framing organisations.

https://www.smithschool.ox.ac.uk/news/meat-tax-probably-inevitable-heres-how-it-could-work

I hope PBers enjoy today, the last day of Summer.

Some of us have a couple of months of summer still to go.
  • AnabobazinaAnabobazina Posts: 22,470

Sean_F said:

Ghedebrav said:

I had to rebut an "idea" of a vegetarian only main course at an industry dinner on Monday, I'm a member of the planning committee.

I said it would risk patronising and alienating people, and many wouldn't come again.
    I love my meat but I’ve found I cook much tastier midweek dinners when I lean away from it. There’s loads of great vegetarian food (less so vegan - butter and cheese are big misses) and I wouldn’t care less if a black tie business dinner had a vegetarian menu. More room for wine.

Morning all!

I’m somewhat puzzled by the furore over the Welsh speed controls. AIUI the 20mph only applies where previously there was a 30mph one. It’s now some time, sadly, since I’ve driven in Wales, but my understanding was and is that the 30mph limit was applied in the same way that it is in England; that is, generally speaking, where there were likely to be quite a few pedestrians about.

It does indeed. "Blanket speed limit" is a myth.

It actually applies to about 1/3 of the roads in Wales, and existing speed limits set by Traffic Regulation Orders and similar are excluded. LHAs can make exceptions as they will - not sure if that is subject to central approval.

My view is that the basic should be 20mph inside community boundaries, classified roads largely excepted - with judgement calls needed on whether exceptions should be A&B roads, or A, B and C roads.

AFAICS that is approximately what has been done, with trials beforehand, engagement and education campaigns (compare to the lack of engagement by UKG on the Highway Code changes last year), and time for Local Highways Authorities to make changes.

That is, generally fairly well though through. Though my sources are published data and reports.
  • theakestheakes Posts: 915
    Labour angry over Lib Dem leaflet, threatening to go to the Police, usually that is a sign of a campaign under threat or in trouble. Looking at the leaflet there does not appear to be anything wrong, it just does not say Labour and Cons tied and Lib Dems close behind. It focuses on Lib Dem/Tory votes up significantly, Labour almost at a standstill, since the previous Labour commissioned poll. Anyway that was yesterday, today another day,another dollar.
  • nico679nico679 Posts: 5,912
    Taz said:

MattW said:

Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

Sandpit said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

I think he referred to Meat Tax plans which apparentl exist out there somewhere, amongst the other things he is going to stop that were not going to happen anyway - but did not link it to Labour.

Of course there is currently no meat tax nor plans but it is dishonest to pretend this is not something that is being considered or looked at by policy makers or influencers in the environmental debate. Labour does not have a meat tax plan, I did not hear him make that claim.

There are currently no firm policies on many issues. It does not mean they are not being reviewed, looked at or discussed by various policy framing organisations.

https://www.smithschool.ox.ac.uk/news/meat-tax-probably-inevitable-heres-how-it-could-work
    The framing was Labour would inflict these new taxes and onerous measures on you . Sunak pretends he’s different to Johnson but is the same liar just dressed in a better suit .
    edited September 2023
    Taz said:

MattW said:

Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

Sandpit said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

Specific Meat Tax proposals I have seen (I think Bart posted a couple of examples the other day eg from 'Lib Dem Voice promoting a meat tax') are amongst fringe elements of Greens and Lib Dems.

The Lib Dem Voice piece, for example, was a proposed conference motion that was rather eviscerated in the comments by other Lib Dem members. Far more sensible counter-proposals focussing on promoting improved farming practise and supporting research were written, praised by the original author. LDV does good substantive comment debates sometimes.

eg
    https://www.libdemvoice.org/a-food-policy-motion-for-spring-conference-69495.html#comment-565035
    https://www.libdemvoice.org/a-food-policy-motion-for-spring-conference-69495.html#comment-565036

Personally I think improvements in farming will head off the 'pragmatic' case for this, which will just leave ideological / theological arguments.
    nico679 said:

Taz said:

MattW said:

Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

Sandpit said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

The framing was Labour would inflict these new taxes and onerous measures on you . Sunak pretends he’s different to Johnson but is the same liar just dressed in a better suit .
    Rishi’s suits look terrible, given how much he must be paying for them.
  • Big_G_NorthWalesBig_G_NorthWales Posts: 62,048
    edited September 2023

ydoethur said:

Penddu2 said:

On the whole in the Vale there has clearly been a lot of thought gone into the roll out. There has been chaos elsewhere. Carmarthenshire council installed 20s a few weeks ago and removed the black cellophane so we had twenty and thirty signs together.

There is a great deal of animosity, not least because of political opportunism. The petition, I am fairly sure has partially been hijacked by political opponents of Labour. Do you not agree that RT Davies has been disingenuous with his u-turned opposition to the scheme? I am busy exchanging photos of gear knobs with 1, 2 and R only displayed, and the Louis Rees Zammit speed ban. They are rather funny, but I don't oppose the scheme in principle, and of course any teething problems should be rectified as soon as possible.

Andrew Davies and the Conservatives in the Senedd are now diametrically opposed and would return all 20s to 30s, which of course would mean an additional dead child or two each year. Do you agree with that approach?
    No - I do not agree with RT Davies or the conservatives on this

I like to think that I am moderate in my views, and certainly 20mph zones have their place and indeed have been in various locations, especially schools, for a long time

The issues is that some of the reductions need to be revisited and a sensible compromise arrived at

Go safe has deemed 26mph will be the point of prosecution, and this morning I did detect an increase in speed towards this rather than previously when many drivers stuck to 20mph

Additionally there are many roads that simply will not be speed controlled where I expect 25 - 30mph to happen

I do not expect this to have any influence on the next GE, but I do detect an increase in support for the conservatives in the Senedd but whether that continues only time will tell

As in all things, there are extreme views on both sides but sensible compromise is the way to make this work in everyone interests
  • CookieCookie Posts: 13,061

Morning all!

Well it depends.
    90% of 30mph roads could be reduced to 20mph quite sensibly. That's largely residential streets and cul de sacs and the like. No problem there - in most cases the 'practical' speed limit is already about 20 - you can't really get up above that.
    But 90% of the traffic on 30mph roads is actually on the relatively small number which are engineered for 30mph. In urban areas like Greater Manchester, most of the arterial roads (the A56, the A5103, the A34, the A6) are 30mph dual carriageways or S4s. It would be madness to reduce these to 20. Even many of the single carriageway main roads are engineered for 30mph driving.
    A distinction needs to be made between the two groups.

In any case, the problem isn't really with traffic going through urban areas at 30 - it's with traffic wildly exceeding this. This is another example of bringing in new laws to penalise the law abiding, rather than addressing the issue of those who are not abiding by the laws in the first place.
    MattW said:

Taz said:

MattW said:

Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

Sandpit said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

Specific Meat Tax proposals I have seen (I think Bart posted a couple of examples the other day eg from 'Lib Dem Voice promoting a meat tax') are amongst fringe elements of Greens and Lib Dems.

The Lib Dem Voice piece, for example, was a proposed conference motion that was rather eviscerated in the comments by other Lib Dem members. Far more sensible counter-proposals focussing on promoting improved farming practise and supporting research were written, praised by the original author. LDV does good substantive comment debates sometimes.

eg
    https://www.libdemvoice.org/a-food-policy-motion-for-spring-conference-69495.html#comment-565035
    https://www.libdemvoice.org/a-food-policy-motion-for-spring-conference-69495.html#comment-565036

Personally I think improvements in farming will head off the 'pragmatic' case for this, which will just leave ideological / theological arguments.
    Correction "praised by the original author" should read "The original author engaged with the various comments" - my first statement is wrong in relation to my quote of a two individual comments.

• CookieCookie Posts: 13,061
    Penddu2 said:

Oi! England has some very speedy wingers. As you can see when they're chasing despondently up the pitch after yet another ball which has been booted skywards.

My four fold predictor for this weekend has already failed after France elected to turn up last night.
  • Sandpit said:

nico679 said:

Taz said:

MattW said:

Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

Sandpit said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

Rishi’s suits look terrible, given how much he must be paying for them.
    Yes, it's often struck me that Sunak's tailor is running a nice little scam there.
  • NigelbNigelb Posts: 68,815
    Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

Sandpit said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

If he's not talking about Labour's plans, then WTF is he burbling on about ?
  • turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 16,930

Good morning, everyone.

Beef is plant based, as is lamb, as is chick. All meat if based on the consumption of plants. Its just another wanky marketing idea that has caught on in the same way that business speak does. Retailers are using it because it has become the cool thing to use.
  • Nigelb said:

Sandpit said:

Nigelb said:

Sandpit said:

EPG said:

Sandpit said:

If he's not talking about Labour's plans, then WTF is he burbling on about ?
    Nobody has a clue. Thats why it is being widely and viciously lampooned.

Remember folks - Rishi Sunak is the Prime Minister. If he is defending citizens against these dastardly plans and they actually existed, then they are plans of the government which he is the leader of.

So he is defending us against himself. Is he bipolar?
This discussion has been closed.