Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Trump’s legal problems set to get much worse – politicalbetting.com

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    WestieWestie Posts: 426
    edited June 2023
    Andy_JS said:

viewcode said:

Farooq said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

Charles Kennedy is trending on Twitter. Not sure why. Maybe something to do with Ian Blackford standing down in his old constituency.

People seem to be blaming Blackford for Kennedy's death (because he took Kennedy's seat at the 2015 election)

Seems very unfair on Ian Blackford... Ultimately the only one responsible for Charles Kennedy's death was Charles Kennedy.
    I don't mean to sound unkind, especially as I respected what Kennedy did around the Iraq war, but it's just as well Blackford won because we shouldn't have such self-destructive characters in parliament. It's really not fair on constituents to have someone who is sozzled half the time in charge of important things.

See also Johnson, B.
    Kennedy drunk was a better reader of Iraq than Blair sober.

Churchill was frequently drunk

Trump is genuinely teetotal
    How can we really know whether Trump is or not? It's all publicity management at the end of the day as far as politicians are concerned.
    He hasn't been a politician for long.
    His elder brother Fred (Jr), who didn't become the kind of "killer" their father wanted, died from an alcohol-related heart attack. He says Fred Jr whose life was a mess advised him not to touch the bottle. Seems likely that he sometimes says things that are true, even if he's nuts and even if he's a politician nowadays. Fred Jr by the way was the father of Mary. I wouldn't be surprised if Mary puts in an appearance in the future part of Donald's story.

• Options
    viewcodeviewcode Posts: 18,924
    Andy_JS said:

viewcode said:

Farooq said:

GIN1138 said:

Andy_JS said:

Charles Kennedy is trending on Twitter. Not sure why. Maybe something to do with Ian Blackford standing down in his old constituency.

People seem to be blaming Blackford for Kennedy's death (because he took Kennedy's seat at the 2015 election)

Seems very unfair on Ian Blackford... Ultimately the only one responsible for Charles Kennedy's death was Charles Kennedy.
    I don't mean to sound unkind, especially as I respected what Kennedy did around the Iraq war, but it's just as well Blackford won because we shouldn't have such self-destructive characters in parliament. It's really not fair on constituents to have someone who is sozzled half the time in charge of important things.

See also Johnson, B.
    Kennedy drunk was a better reader of Iraq than Blair sober.

Churchill was frequently drunk

Trump is genuinely teetotal
    How can we really know whether Trump is or not?...
    Weirdly I think he really is. His brother ended badly due to drink and Donald held him in some contempt. He's never needed to pose or fit in - people fit to him, not vice versa - and has no need nor wish to use alcohol. If he were lying there's plenty of scope for photographic evidence.

This discussion has been closed.