Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What will tomorrow do to Trump’s WH2024 hopes? – politicalbetting.com

Comments

• Options
    Horse_BHorse_B Posts: 106

Horse_B said:

Greatest chancellor of all time. All downhill since.

Come now, what of Gordon ‘I saved the world’ Brown?
    Labour has destroyed this country every time it has been elected.
  • Options
    RobD said:

Taz said:

Nigella Lawson’s Dad has died, as reported by The Sun !!

https://twitter.com/thesun/status/1642984135814787079?s=61&t=s0ae0IFncdLS1Dc7J0P_TQ

Where's that newspaper article about an Aberdeenshire businessman being elected president? (Not as extreme, but in the same vein!)
    https://www.holdthefrontpage.co.uk/2016/news/weekly-reports-on-patch-businessman-winning-us-election/
  • Options
    NigelbNigelb Posts: 63,687
    RobD said:

Taz said:

Nigella Lawson’s Dad has died, as reported by The Sun !!

https://twitter.com/thesun/status/1642984135814787079?s=61&t=s0ae0IFncdLS1Dc7J0P_TQ

Where's that newspaper article about an Aberdeenshire businessman being elected president? (Not as extreme, but in the same vein!)
    On that note:
    https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesFallows/status/1641630739702636545
  • Options
    RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Posts: 1,180

REGULAR PB POSTER ANALYSIS

Labour Herd 15
    Intel Labour/centre-left 18
    LD 7
    Nats 6
    Neutral 19
    Tory /Tory leaning 23
    Centre-right 18

Total: 106 posters

Histogram analysis shows the first two categories post more than the last two in the ratio of about 60:40 or 65:35, depending (roughly) on how well/badly the Tories are doing at the time.

You missed a category:

Anti-woke posters with far too much time on their hands: 1.
    Its quite funny how The Herd know exactly who they are and willingly self-identify.
    I think in general we all play quite nicely on here. We don't need some self-identifying straight down the middle non-partisan to categorise us as left, right, up or down.
    Yeah, sure.

You're still one of the Labour Herd though.
    You're kidding. Mexicanpete likes Starmer about as much as BJO does (albeit for completely different reasons).
  • Options
    squareroot2squareroot2 Posts: 6,419

Horse_B said:

McDoom was useless.
  • Options
    Luckyguy1983Luckyguy1983 Posts: 25,848
    DavidL said:

Nigel Lawson has passed away, aged 91.

His book, the View from Number 11, is one of the very best political books I have ever read. He didn't go by chronology but by topic and as a result gave really fascinating insights as to how policy was formed and the limitations on government. It is a good innings but that is sad news. An intellectual giant compared to almost anyone in any political party today.
    Very sad.
  • Options
    I’ve been a long time lurker. Mexicanpete is a Labour agent
  • Options
    Nadeem v Kwasi

Chancellor Top Trumps
  • Options
    BenpointerBenpointer Posts: 32,356

Horse_B said:

Have you never heard of Kwasi Kwarteng?
    Curses. I'd just about persuaded myself that the Truss-Kwarteng weeks were some sort of fever dream I had.

Vaguely related- got a King Charles coin in some change today. Surprising quite how odd it felt.
    Using cash? Blimey, that must've felt odd.
  • Options
    turbotubbsturbotubbs Posts: 15,725

Horse_B said:

McDoom was useless.
    Worse than useless - actively mortgaged the nations finances using PFI on a huge scale, something many hospitals etc round the country are still paying the price of. Believed his own hype about abolishing boom and bust, then oversaw a huge bust, with little wriggle room due to his overspending in the upcoming period. When he finally became PM he had nothing left.
    Apart from that, I suspect a decent man.
  • Options

Horse_B said:

Have you never heard of Kwasi Kwarteng?
    Curses. I'd just about persuaded myself that the Truss-Kwarteng weeks were some sort of fever dream I had.

Vaguely related- got a King Charles coin in some change today. Surprising quite how odd it felt.
    I'm not ready for that. Boo.
  • Options
    FoxyFoxy Posts: 45,373
    No wonder the Old Bill are in trouble when they are doing this so the government can boast of increased police numbers.

https://twitter.com/InspGadgetBlogs/status/1642922697490300930?t=l5s71Tw2ovclkeY5_O_PHw&s=19
  • Options
    kjhkjh Posts: 10,796
    ydoethur said:

kjh said:

ydoethur said:

kjh said:

Completely off topic but having watched PBS America yesterday I was gobsmacked to find out I didn't know who first circumnavigated the earth, or at least it wasn't who I thought it was. Just leaving that out there for people to fret over before using Google.

Sebastian del Cano, Anthony Pigafetta and 31 others who crewed the Victoria would be my assumption?
    Smarty pants.

Not what most people would answer, nor me before yesterday.
    Really? Would you have gone for Drake, sixty years later, or Magellan, who was killed at Mactan?
    Magellan. I think that is what most people would have said and what I would have said upto 24 hours ago.
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,898

DavidL said:

His book, the View from Number 11, is one of the very best political books I have ever read. He didn't go by chronology but by topic and as a result gave really fascinating insights as to how policy was formed and the limitations on government. It is a good innings but that is sad news. An intellectual giant compared to almost anyone in any political party today.
    Very sad.
    Yes. Very sad. And a loss to independent minded thinking. Notable that though it was Major who made the disastrous step of joining ERM, Lawson had strongly supported it.

Fascinating how the real greats none the less get some big calls wrong. If we had resisted there may have been no Blair. OTOH if we hadn't had the disaster we may have joined the Euro on a whim. Rendering Brexit impossible...

• Options
    carnforthcarnforth Posts: 3,331
    stodge said:

I like Sunak putting Braverman in her place.

Downing Street has acknowledged that new post-Brexit “processes” contributed to issues at the Port of Dover over the weekend.

The prime minister’s official spokesman said he was aware that French border officials were “inspecting and stamping every single passport”, as is the case at all European borders for arrivals from outside the bloc.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/dover-delays-officials-dismiss-suella-braverman-claim-queues-brexit-latest-l0mtqjfkw

I must confess I find Simon Calder’s analysis on this rather more compelling than Suella Braverman. Did we really insist on every passport being checked and stamped ?

Every passport being checked and stamped is a natural consequence of the end of FoM. "We insisted" is partisan gloss.

Simon Calder is merely using the FBPEr's "we shot ourselves in the foot" insinuation as he always does.

If he were more honest, he would point out that passports take longer to check now, but that busy weekends at Dover have often involved delays. For example, this from 2012:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-18307471
  • Options
    DavidL said:

His views on climate change haven't aged well.
  • Options
    algarkirkalgarkirk Posts: 10,898
    kjh said:

ydoethur said:

kjh said:

ydoethur said:

kjh said:

Completely off topic but having watched PBS America yesterday I was gobsmacked to find out I didn't know who first circumnavigated the earth, or at least it wasn't who I thought it was. Just leaving that out there for people to fret over before using Google.

Sebastian del Cano, Anthony Pigafetta and 31 others who crewed the Victoria would be my assumption?
    Smarty pants.

Not what most people would answer, nor me before yesterday.
    Really? Would you have gone for Drake, sixty years later, or Magellan, who was killed at Mactan?
    Magellan. I think that is what most people would have said and what I would have said upto 24 hours ago.
    Magellan's story is still a great read though. Laurence Bergreen 'Over the edge of the world' - fabulous account.

• Options

DavidL said:

Bringing the Western economies to their knees on the strength of totally unremarkable changes in climate is going to age a lot worse.
  • Options

DavidL said:

Bringing the Western economies to their knees on the strength of totally unremarkable changes in climate is going to age a lot worse.
    You either don't have a clue, or you have some sort of dishonest agenda.
  • Options
    CatManCatMan Posts: 2,886
    edited April 2023
    Why has Twitter got the Doge Meme as its logo? Has it been hacked or is Musk doing one of his trolls?
  • Options
    RobDRobD Posts: 59,140

DavidL said:

Perhaps not remarkable in terms of its amplitude, but certainly in terms of its speed.
  • Options
    Foxy said:

Omnium said:

Sky and BBC have been following his motorcade to his plane and take off, and it is a relief they cannot fly alongside his plane as they would fly alongside him to New York if they could, but of course they will pick it up again when he arrives in New Your later this evening and travels to Trump Towers

I dread Trump standing in 24 but it does seem he is playing a dangerous game with the US voters and if he does become a martyr for his cause who knows what happens in 24

Biden v Trump is enough to depress the whole of the western world

Surely America can do better than this

Both the BBC and Sky have been Trump's biggest backers. They may quibble about small matters, but it's all Trump agenda. In part this is because Biden is just a vacuum. Nobody dislikes him, but he's a pointless walking corpse to be frank. The US will get it's proper delivery Obama moment, but it seems just not yet.
    The support for Andrew Tate amongst almost half of all 16-24 year old boys/men show that Trumpy type support is here for the long-term.

The Woke don't realise that by sowing the wind, they reap the whirlwind.
    I hadn't realised that Andrew Tate had converted to Islam.

All he needs to do is get a job driving a taxi in a Northern Mill town and Tory heads will explode.
    Although the obvious question is why did he convert to Islam?
  • Options
    Climate change is a myth. It’s quite clearly going to not be resolvable by us so we need to give up. Go for growth.
  • Options

DavidL said:

You either don't have a clue, or you have some sort of dishonest agenda.
    Right first time.
  • Options
    Horse_B said:

Climate change is a myth. It’s quite clearly going to not be resolvable by us so we need to give up. Go for growth.

I'm sure you think you're being funny Horse but honestly, you're not.
  • Options

Horse_B said:

I’m not Horse
  • Options
    Pro_RataPro_Rata Posts: 4,927

Labour Herd 15
    LD 7
    Nats 6
    Neutral 19
    Tory /Tory leaning 23
    Centre-right 18

Histogram analysis shows the first two categories post more than the last two in the ratio of about 60:40 or 65:35, depending (roughly) on how well/badly the Tories are doing at the time.

You missed a category:

Anti-woke posters with far too much time on their hands: 1.
    Its quite funny how The Herd know exactly who they are and willingly self-identify.
    I think in general we all play quite nicely on here. We don't need some self-identifying
    straight down the middle non-partisan to categorise us as left, right, up or down.
    Yeah, sure.

You're still one of the Labour Herd though.
    You're kidding. Mexicanpete likes Starmer about as much as BJO does (albeit for completely different reasons).
    I had Mexicanpete down as fairly orthodox back in the day, but he's got a bit bored, I think, and has been mainly messing about with jokey posts in recent months.

I'll be vaguely offended if I'm not in the 106, though I'm probably League 2 / Conference in my level of posting.
  • Options
    Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Unsure whether Horse v4 is a deliberate parody of Horses v1-3. Or you've kicked in the emergency back up personality as Sean did during a Leon persona ban last year when he became Xipi.

Either way, we know it's you. Be you.
  • Options
    CatMan said:

Why has Twitter got the Doge Meme as its logo? Has it been hacked or is Musk doing one of his trolls?

Much strange. Wow
  • Options

Horse_B said:

Perhaps he is another Sean sock puppet?
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,994

DavidL said:

They were very poor even on the evidence available when he first stated them.
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,317
    edited April 2023
    Quite a last 30 minutes for Michael Keane.
    Gives away a penalty. 0-1.
    Viciously fouled to make it 10 a side.
    Then fires in a thunderbolt 25 yarder. Keeper never moved.
    Up the Toffees. A super point after being a man short and one down. Helped by Spurs being woeful.
    We've gone up three places with one point it's that close. Man United next up.
  • Options

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Unsure whether Horse v4 is a deliberate parody of Horses v1-3. Or you've kicked in the emergency back up personality as Sean did during a Leon persona ban last year when he became Xipi.

I’m not sure who you think I am but I’m not.

I’m a right winger as I said. Labour has bankrupted this country every time it has been elected.
  • Options
    LostPasswordLostPassword Posts: 15,994
    RobD said:

DavidL said:

Perhaps not remarkable in terms of its amplitude, but certainly in terms of its speed.
    The amplitude has already been big enough to prevent the next glacial cycle, and may well knock the climate into a new, entirely ice-free paradigm, for the first time in a very long time.

Now, no-one would have wanted another ice age, but in terms of global warming I think you could fairly say that a little goes a long way, and you can have too much of a good thing.
  • Options
    Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

I’m a right winger as I said. Labour has bankrupted this country every time it has been elected.
    Got it. So you're someone who is the opposite of Horse taking his name and calling for him to be unbanned because you are about as far away from him as it's possible to get.

Hi Sean!
  • Options

Horse_B said:

I would second that comment

Just be honest @Horse_B and respect this forum
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,978
    Categories such as eco-authoritarian, eco-anarchist and the like are missing from the poster breakdown.

Along with swivel eyed loon.
  • Options

Horse_B said:

I’m not Horse
  • Options

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Got it. So you're someone who is the opposite of Horse taking his name and calling for him to be unbanned because you are about as far away from him as it's possible to get.

Hi Sean!
    I don’t know this Sean but he sounds a good poster, certainly better than you
  • Options
    dixiedean said:

Up the Toffees. A super point after being a man short and one down. Helped by Spurs being woeful.

Everton deserved their point and should have won if they had retained 11
  • Options

DavidL said:

Where, I wonder, did Casino place you in his PB poster analysis? As far as I could see he didn't have a Right-wing Headbanger category.
  • Options
    As a long time lurker, does anyone think Keir Starmer is out of ideas?
  • Options
    darkagedarkage Posts: 4,834

Foxy said:

Omnium said:

Sky and BBC have been following his motorcade to his plane and take off, and it is a relief they cannot fly alongside his plane as they would fly alongside him to New York if they could, but of course they will pick it up again when he arrives in New Your later this evening and travels to Trump Towers

I dread Trump standing in 24 but it does seem he is playing a dangerous game with the US voters and if he does become a martyr for his cause who knows what happens in 24

Biden v Trump is enough to depress the whole of the western world

Surely America can do better than this

Both the BBC and Sky have been Trump's biggest backers. They may quibble about small matters, but it's all Trump agenda. In part this is because Biden is just a vacuum. Nobody dislikes him, but he's a pointless walking corpse to be frank. The US will get it's proper delivery Obama moment, but it seems just not yet.
    The support for Andrew Tate amongst almost half of all 16-24 year old boys/men show that Trumpy type support is here for the long-term.

The Woke don't realise that by sowing the wind, they reap the whirlwind.
    I hadn't realised that Andrew Tate had converted to Islam.

All he needs to do is get a job driving a taxi in a Northern Mill town and Tory heads will explode.
    Although the obvious question is why did he convert to Islam?
    I think this is quite a predictable evolution. Islam can rise, based on disillusionment and alienation in western society.

• Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 45,195
    edited April 2023
    Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Margret Thatcher destroyed the NHS 8 or 9 times, when I was young.

My favourite was when they authorised micro surgery.

An indignant surgeon who sounded as if he had a very red face and a three piece tweed suit, denounced this, on Radio 4, on the grounds that a chap couldn’t do a good job unless he had big hole in the patient to work in.
  • Options
    Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

I’m not Horse
    I think the rest of this forum will make up their own minds on this as is quite obvious

All I can say is just be honest and stop this charade

• Options

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

I’m not Horse
    I think the rest of this forum will make up their own minds on this as is quite obvious

I’m not Horse.

Why don’t you just do what is understood on here and if somebody says they aren’t somebody and they want that to be respected, it is.

• Options
    JonathanJonathan Posts: 20,951
    Horse_B said:

As a long time lurker, does anyone think Keir Starmer is out of ideas?

If Starmer is out of ideas, why does Sunak keep borrowing them?
  • Options
    So one of two things is happening.
    1. Horse has decided to trash his own reputation with this new v4
    2. Someone has created a Horse account to pretend to be Horse whilst trashing his reputation

Having come on here once and found someone posting as my actual name with an image lifted off Facebook - posting things which were the opposite to what I think - I'm not convinced this is funny. One for the mods to check over just in case Horse v4 is a malicious account?
  • Options
    Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Hi Sean!
    Your style of response gives you away
  • Options
    I’m a long time lurker and I know we do not try and doxx people or try and say somebody is somebody else. There are plenty of people that come and go under different names and is respected.

I am not Horse. We can leave it at that. No more.
  • Options
    SandyRentoolSandyRentool Posts: 20,978
    Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

I’m not Horse

I’m not Horse.

Why don’t you just do what is understood on here and if somebody says they aren’t somebody and they want that to be respected, it is.

You are Sean using AI to generate posts.

That's what I reckon.

Stylistically, I just don't see enough commonality with CHB.
  • Options
    felixfelix Posts: 15,125
    My theory on horse-gate . The original CHB read some of his posts - realized how mind numbingly tedious they'd become and is currently having an extreme nervous reaction which has catapulted him from tedious, dull and woke left winger into full on semi-fascist Oswald Mosley eat your heart out mega bore. The jury is out as to which is worse ...
  • Options
    MalmesburyMalmesbury Posts: 45,195
    felix said:

My theory on horse-gate . The original CHB read some of his posts - realized how mind numbingly tedious they'd become and is currently having an extreme nervous reaction which has catapulted him from tedious, dull and woke left winger into full on semi-fascist Oswald Mosley eat your heart out mega bore. The jury is out as to which is worse ...

I thought that the new Horse was a facist, not a fascist?
  • Options
    Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

I’m not Horse

I’m not Horse.

Respect has to be earned
  • Options
    dixiedeandixiedean Posts: 28,317

dixiedean said:

Everton deserved their point and should have won if they had retained 11
    Agreed. Doucore will be a huge loss. He's been our only creative player.
    We don't look like conceding under Dyche. Which means if we can somehow nick a goal from somewhere it's usually good for a point at least.
  • Options

Categories such as eco-authoritarian, eco-anarchist and the like are missing from the poster breakdown.

Along with swivel eyed loon.

..but enough about you...
  • Options
    I just want to let you all know I am not Benpointer.

I know my poster ID says Benpointer, but I'm not him ok. I'm just a long-term lurker.

I will start posting support for Boris Johnson and Donald Trump soon so that you know it's not me him.
  • Options

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

I’m not Horse

I’m not Horse.

That's what I reckon.

Decent shout. Seanie is obsessed with AI. Why not use it to spam us.

Passing himself off as Horse though is below the belt.
  • Options
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/ai-is-the-death-of-porn/

A fascinating article from Sean, formally of this parish. Terrifying and scary, what a weird world we live in
  • Options
    RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Posts: 1,180

2. Someone has created a Horse account to pretend to be Horse whilst trashing his reputation

Having come on here once and found someone posting as my actual name with an image lifted off Facebook - posting things which were the opposite to what I think - I'm not convinced this is funny. One for the mods to check over just in case Horse v4 is a malicious account?

CHB hated SeanLeon... so 2 might be true, after all.
  • Options
    Horse_B said:

A fascinating article from Sean, formally of this parish. Terrifying and scary, what a weird world we live in

It's Sean's formality I always admired.
  • Options

I agree and @Horse_B is far too similar in posting and knowledge of @CorrectHorseBattery3 to cause concern as this is not funny and very dispectful to the forum
  • Options

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

I’m not Horse

I’m not Horse.

That's what I reckon.

If it's Sean he's had a serious lapse in creativity; Sean's reinventions have always been more imaginative than this.
  • Options
    It’s a shame some posters whom I’ve been enjoying reading for so long are deciding to try and out other users. But I will continue to enjoy their posts, as they are fine posters. I hope Big G can continue to post
  • Options
    We know that Alexei in Moscow is also a "long-time lurker" and creates a new account every weekend for the latest "Zelinsky is Satan" post. Oddly Alexei seems to put more into that weekly sock puppet than the Sean has into the Horse AI project.

I assume I am not the only person watching Picard? Changelings already replaced various people long term and now they are harder to spot than ever!

Any of use could be a "long-term lurker" and not the person we are passing ourselves off as.
  • Options
    Horse_B said:

I’m a long time lurker and I know we do not try and doxx people or try and say somebody is somebody else. There are plenty of people that come and go under different names and is respected.

Unfortunately you do not impress several on here with your protestations
  • Options
    With all this identity renewal malarkey let's hope Heathener emerges tomorrow as the onward Christian soldier...
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 19,088
    edited April 2023
    I'm not sure Rishi and Suella's Muslim bashing is a very wise idea.....

I'd thought he was quite a refreshing choice when he was chosen in that he seemed quite a serious person and possibly knew what he was doing.

I was wrong. He's become a Tory parody. He's discarding his USP's like a string of broken pearls
  • Options

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

I’m not Horse

I’m not Horse.

That's what I reckon.

Decent shout. Seanie is obsessed with AI. Why not use it to spam us.

Passing himself off as Horse though is below the belt.
    ChatGPT is pretty crap... but it's not that crap.
  • Options

Horse_B said:

I think you make fantastic posts. I’m sad you’ve decided to take a disliking to a recent member but that’s for you.

I will continue to enjoy your excellent political insight but I’ll not be able to respond to you again. Best wishes Sir.
  • Options
    Horse_B said:

It’s a shame some posters whom I’ve been enjoying reading for so long are deciding to try and out other users. But I will continue to enjoy their posts, as they are fine posters. I hope Big G can continue to post

If we're trying to out you Sean it's because you / your AI are passing yourself off as someone else.

Post as one of your many accounts. Not as someone else.
  • Options
    TimSTimS Posts: 10,205

felix said:

I thought that the new Horse was a facist, not a fascist?
    A long facist, presumably.
  • Options
    felix said:

With all this identity renewal malarkey let's hope Heathener emerges tomorrow as the onward Christian soldier...

Heathener is Sir Cliff Richard? Cool!
  • Options
    Roger said:

I'd thought he was quite a refreshing choice when he was chosen in that he seemed quite a serious person and possibly knew what he was doing.

I was wrong. He's become a Tory parody. He's discarding his USP's like a string of broken pearls

What a load of utter nonsense.

Rishi is clearly competent and is charting the Tories back to a victory, even if only a slim majority. He’s set out his missions including on boats - or would you prefer we didn’t do anything about that?
  • Options
    kle4kle4 Posts: 92,782

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Hi Sean!
    Your style of response gives you away
    It's not supposed to be difficult to figure out.
  • Options
    Horse_B said:

Why reference myself as I have posted on this forum since 2014 and endeavour to be polite and have not been banned

However, you do not convince me about your comments about being new on here and being a long time lurker

Just be honest
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Maybe the mods could un-ban CHB3 and see if imposter Horse goes away?

CHB3 must've served his time now, shirley?
  • Options
    Roger said:

You do know Sunak refused to endorse Braverman's comments today when interviewed by the media
  • Options
    Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

I’m not Horse
    ??
    You might want to consider a change of account name, Horse_B_not_Horse.

• Options

Roger said:

You do know Sunak refused to endorse Braverman's comments today when interviewed by the media
    He still keeps her on as Home Secretary though.
  • Options
    Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

I think you make fantastic posts. I’m sad you’ve decided to take a disliking to a recent member but that’s for you.

I will continue to enjoy your excellent political insight but I’ll not be able to respond to you again. Best wishes Sir.
    I do not dislike any member but your response just now could have been written by @CorrectHorseBattery3
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,763

Ghedebrav said:

Labour Herd 15
    LD 7
    Nats 6
    Neutral 19
    Tory /Tory leaning 23
    Centre-right 18

Assuming this is serious, well done on attempting it. I bet we'd all love to see where we've been categorised though!
    What constitutes a regular poster, I wonder.
    Someone who's posted in the last 12 months, who I've clocked.
    I'm disappointed that you didn't scrape vanilla forums with a Python script as I had - naturally - assumed.
    I don't know how to do that.
    So go on @Casino_Royale - where do I fit in? I promise I won't take offense. I'm guessing one of the last three categories? Your analysis of course - you can categorise how you like, and your results are interesting.

I would have categorised as follows:
    Lab
    Con
    LD
    SNP
    Alba
    PC
    Non-aligned generally left
    Non-aligned generally right (where I'd place myself)
    Neutral
    Guest posters from overseas

I'd expect to place most in categories 7,8 and 9.

But that's as much as I've done. I can't criticse yours until I've done at least as much work as you have. Which isn't going to happen tonight as I have the online shop to finish.
  • Options

Roger said:

She’s doing a decent job to be fair. Not flashy but she’s clearly trying to at least stop the boats.
  • Options
  • Options
    Horse_B said:

You're right. CHB had better taste.
  • Options

Roger said:

I know but he keeps distancing from her comments so maybe after May elections he will reset his cabinet and replace her

That is my hope but who knows
  • Options
    FrankBoothFrankBooth Posts: 9,099
    Roger said:

What did he/she say?
  • Options
    Horse_B said:

Classic Leonist use of 'we' there.
    Pure coincidence naturally.
  • Options
    TimSTimS Posts: 10,205
    Roger said:

I don’t think there’s any deliberate importation of India-Pakistan tensions into government rhetoric, but there must surely be the risk of unintended consequences here. With Modi and his fellow travellers upping the ante there’s always a risk of overflow into British politics, as there is from the US culture wars.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next election in constituencies with large Hindu populations (and yes I know Braverman is Buddhist). The Hindu vote seems to have been moving more towards the conservatives in the last couple of elections, against the run of play for the rest of the population, and more so than Sikh voters. Might that give us some surprising results in London suburbs and the West Midlands for example?

• Options
    Cookie said:

Ghedebrav said:

Labour Herd 15
    LD 7
    Nats 6
    Neutral 19
    Tory /Tory leaning 23
    Centre-right 18

Assuming this is serious, well done on attempting it. I bet we'd all love to see where we've been categorised though!
    I'm disappointed that you didn't scrape vanilla forums with a Python script as I had - naturally - assumed.
    So go on @Casino_Royale - where do I fit in? I promise I won't take offense. I'm guessing one of the last three categories? Your analysis of course - you can categorise how you like, and your results are interesting.

Lab
    Con
    LD
    SNP
    Alba
    PC
    Neutral

But that's as much as I've done. I can't criticse yours until I've done at least as much work as you have. Which isn't going to happen tonight as I have the online shop to finish.
    Good proposal. You might add Green.

Put me down in Non-aligned generally left.
  • Options
    CookieCookie Posts: 11,763
    edited April 2023

Cookie said:

Ghedebrav said:

Labour Herd 15
    LD 7
    Nats 6
    Neutral 19
    Tory /Tory leaning 23
    Centre-right 18

Lab
    Con
    LD
    SNP
    Alba
    PC
    Neutral

I did consider Green, but then wasn't sure we had any. Dura Ace?
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,725

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

Horse_B said:

I’m not Horse

I’m not Horse.

At least his posts might make a bit more sense than the usual dross, were that to be true.
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,975
    Nigelb said:

Horse_B said:

Purely to keep the conversation going, if you're still around @Horse_B, what's your view on

a) airline pilots, and
    b) the website what3words.com ?

Just to fill a gap in conversation, like at an awkward dinner party.
  • Options
    Cookie said:

Cookie said:

Ghedebrav said:

Labour Herd 15
    LD 7
    Nats 6
    Neutral 19
    Tory /Tory leaning 23
    Centre-right 18

Lab
    Con
    LD
    SNP
    Alba
    PC
    Neutral

I did consider Green, but then couldn't think of any. Dura Ace perhaps?
    Fair point.
  • Options
    As a Conservative voter, I have been thoroughly impressed with Suella Braverman's work as Attorney General. Her commitment to upholding the rule of law and protecting the interests of the United Kingdom is truly admirable.

She has been a staunch defender of Brexit and has worked tirelessly to ensure that the UK's departure from the EU is carried out in a fair and just manner. Her legal expertise has been invaluable in navigating the complex legal issues surrounding Brexit and ensuring that the UK's interests are protected.
  • Options

Nigelb said:

Horse_B said:

Purely to keep the conversation going, if you're still around @Horse_B, what's your view on

a) airline pilots, and
    b) the website what3words.com ?

Just to fill a gap in conversation, like at an awkward dinner party.
    What I love about what3words is its simplicity and precision. It's incredibly easy to use and communicate, and it ensures that you arrive at the exact location you're looking for. The three-word addresses are also easier to remember and communicate than traditional street addresses, which can be lengthy and confusing.
  • Options
    StuartinromfordStuartinromford Posts: 14,975
    Horse_B said:

As a Conservative voter, I have been thoroughly impressed with Suella Braverman's work as Attorney General. Her commitment to upholding the rule of law and protecting the interests of the United Kingdom is truly admirable.

She has been a staunch defender of Brexit and has worked tirelessly to ensure that the UK's departure from the EU is carried out in a fair and just manner. Her legal expertise has been invaluable in navigating the complex legal issues surrounding Brexit and ensuring that the UK's interests are protected.

Two other theories.

One is that the B in fact stands for Braverman. In which case, I'm sure your time would be better spent making sure you have a seat for next time, babes.

The other is that we have an AI without the intelligence. Artificial Stupidity?
  • Options
  • Options
    IanB2IanB2 Posts: 47,725

Horse_B said:

Why reference myself as I have posted on this forum since 2014 and endeavour to be polite and have not been banned

However, you do not convince me about your comments about being new on here and being a long time lurker

Just be honest
    SeanT has been lurking on here for a very long time indeed, and hasn’t posted in ages.
  • Options
    RogerRoger Posts: 19,088
    edited April 2023
    TimS said:

Roger said:

I don’t think there’s any deliberate importation of India-Pakistan tensions into government rhetoric, but there must surely be the risk of unintended consequences here. With Modi and his fellow travellers upping the ante there’s always a risk of overflow into British politics, as there is from the US culture wars.

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next election in constituencies with large Hindu populations (and yes I know Braverman is Buddhist). The Hindu vote seems to have been moving more towards the conservatives in the last couple of elections, against the run of play for the rest of the population, and more so than Sikh voters. Might that give us some surprising results in London suburbs and the West Midlands for example?

Watching Rishi and Suella's PR tour it was clear the White working class of Rochdale don't know the difference between a Muslim groomer and a Hindu one. Even one of their local Red Wall MPs tied himself in knots as he tried to explain why it was important that we called a spade a spade until he realised mid sentence he didn't know who the spades were!

I've never seen anything quite so half cocked. It was a PR event that had everyone with an IQ above room temperature squirming. That his poll ratings are plummeting should surprise no one. Being charitable I'd say he's being badly advised and he should NEVER go on a PR walk about with Braverman again. Certainly not on a Pakistani Muslim bashing tour!
This discussion has been closed.